Dark Souls Page 656

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 12 Dec 2012 12:11:06 9,694 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @L_Franko - confusing place isn't it. I am there too, up to my neck being shot at :)

If you've opened up the shortcut have you already done the first encounter with seath?
    The encounter where you are killed then thrown in prison? Indeed I have, that was rather cool I thought.

I was confused last night but right at the end of my session I think I just about got my head around the layout after doing a few laps of the place. Only thing I missing is direction to the boss (please don't tell me :)) but I'm pretty sure I know where to head to.
  • Fat_Pigeon 12 Dec 2012 12:13:17 9,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started playing this again last night after over a year away, I had no idea where I was meant to be going just a vague memory of something about Smough and Ornstine. so I headed to Anor Londo which took me a while as I couldn't remember the way.

Managed to Kill S&O on my second attempt once I had remembered where the closest bonfire was, turned into a surprisingly easy fight. just picked up the lord vessel now im not sure where i'm meant to be going.
  • Big-Swiss 12 Dec 2012 12:17:22 8,130 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    love it! I', not only addicted to this game, but also to this thread!

to do list for tonight: (or maybe multiple nights at my speed)
    - explore all the way to ash lake
    - get that trophy
    - farm dragon scales
    - get that stuff and upgrade dragon scale based weapons while I'm at it.
    - go to tomb of giants (via catacombs) ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG
    - try to make it further than 20 meters
    - try to find the bon fire
    - try to get that ember
    - try to find the boss area
    - kill nito
    - go to fireland
    - try to get further than 50 meters
    - enter the orange door area that is not orange anymore
    - try to kill mr. discharge
    - try to find lost isalith (or whatever it is called)
    - try to find the bed of roses err chaos
    - try to friggin kill it
    - offer souls to lordvessel

- upgrade, kill npc, farm, repeat, repeat, repeat.

- do DLC and then kill Gwen or other way around in NG+

- do the sorcerer dance in livingroom
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 12:26:35 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - aye, I'll definitely upgrade it (horn) eventually, and with low Vit and End, I like spears in general - it's just I need the damage at the moment of the enchanted.

10 demon titanite to fully do it though... :/

And 10 Dragon scales to do the moonlight sword :/ 10 are available in the game but it'd take a while to gather them

Not looking forward to seath to be honest either

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Big-Swiss 12 Dec 2012 12:28:27 8,130 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Cool Quad. The Butterfly Horn (and the Moonlight Sword unfortunately) really need to be up at +4 +5 sadly. I suppose they are slightly low on base damage because you can boost them so directly with your Int stat to make up for it (eventually).
    II beat Seath and then spent time at that bonfire with high item finding doodah and farmed the shells with pyro. Got a good couple of pieces per run and it's super quick.
    :D
    I had to laugh, farming those shells with Pyro was 1 hour wasted of my evening yesterday, 20-30 peaces, upgraded some weapons and shields

something very unfair happened yesterday too, after dying a few times against gwendolin, I was pulling my hair out cause of it, I had a awesome cheap idea:

at the beginning, she teleported further away, and I stayed back, and went to the side, she didn't even attack, cause I was somehow out of range. So I pulled my freshly upgraded +5 dragonbow out of my left pocket and startet to sniper at her with the dragon superpower arrows. Firt arrow missed by a inch, so I adjustet aim, and WHAMMMM, in your face girl! and the next one WHAAAMMMMM and the next one, seeing her almost tumbling over bllod squirting and stuff only to find out, that her health meter is still at 100%.

bummer!!!!! I wanted to trick win that one, but then had to do it the hard way............
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 12:28:52 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @L_Franko - confusing place isn't it. I am there too, up to my neck being shot at :)

If you've opened up the shortcut have you already done the first encounter with seath?
    The encounter where you are killed then thrown in prison? Indeed I have, that was rather cool I thought.

I was confused last night but right at the end of my session I think I just about got my head around the layout after doing a few laps of the place. Only thing I missing is direction to the boss (please don't tell me :)) but I'm pretty sure I know where to head to.
    Yes, that bit. I like it too. Quite like that area as well.

Yeah, it's a hard place to get to know inside out. I've never spent that much time there so it's always a bit of headscratching to begin with.

An I'm sayin nothin!

• quadfather 12 Dec 2012 12:29:40 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    Started playing this again last night after over a year away, I had no idea where I was meant to be going just a vague memory of something about Smough and Ornstine. so I headed to Anor Londo which took me a while as I couldn't remember the way.

Managed to Kill S&O on my second attempt once I had remembered where the closest bonfire was, turned into a surprisingly easy fight. just picked up the lord vessel now im not sure where i'm meant to be going.
    Do you want to know, or you just going to explore?

• Big-Swiss 12 Dec 2012 12:30:30 8,130 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @mcmothercruncher -10 demon titanite to fully do it though... :/

And 10 Dragon scales to do the moonlight sword :/ 10 are available in the game but it'd take a while to gather them

I think you can farm those by the blue dragon creatures in valley of drake (darkroot basin area), backdoor new londo area.
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 12:32:11 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    love it! I', not only addicted to this game, but also to this thread!

to do list for tonight: (or maybe multiple nights at my speed)
    - explore all the way to ash lake
    - get that trophy
    - farm dragon scales
    - get that stuff and upgrade dragon scale based weapons while I'm at it.
    - go to tomb of giants (via catacombs) ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG
    - try to find the bon fire
    - try to get that ember
    - try to find the boss area
    - kill nito
    - go to fireland
    - try to get further than 50 meters
    - enter the orange door area that is not orange anymore
    - try to kill mr. discharge
    - try to find lost isalith (or whatever it is called)
    - try to find the bed of roses err chaos
    - try to friggin kill it
    - offer souls to lordvessel

- upgrade, kill npc, farm, repeat, repeat, repeat.

- do DLC and then kill Gwen or other way around in NG+

lol :) Good luck with all of that - if you can do all of that in 1 go, I'll buy you a pint :)

• quadfather 12 Dec 2012 12:33:58 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

I think you can farm those by the blue dragon creatures in valley of drake (darkroot basin area), backdoor new londo area.
    Yeah, I think they drop them - but I've never really taken them on much. I'll have to see how hard they are

• Fat_Pigeon 12 Dec 2012 12:36:02 9,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:

a hint would be nice. I would usually wander about aimlessly but it took me nearly an hour to find my way out of blighttown :)
  • Big-Swiss 12 Dec 2012 12:40:53 8,130 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

Yeah, I think they drop them - but I've never really taken them on much. I'll have to see how hard they are
    15 levels ago they were very hard and I hated them, I think right now they should be doable. But yes, those are the typical oponents that are easy once you figured them out, but one time not concentrating and you die in seconds
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 12:49:44 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:

a hint would be nice. I would usually wander about aimlessly but it took me nearly an hour to find my way out of blighttown :)
    heh, tell me about it.

Well, what you could do, is go somewhere nice and peaceful and see if anything has changed.

• teamHAM 12 Dec 2012 12:56:59 2,979 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    This is always the first one I try :)

Big-Swiss wrote:
    I would love to see this :)

Edited by teamHAM at 12:57:10 12-12-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 12 Dec 2012 12:59:21 2,979 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Afaik that little place in Seath's area with the giant clams is easily the best place in the game to farm Twinkling. Takes a couple minutes per run and usually yields at least a couple of pieces each time at 410.

• SomaticSense 12 Dec 2012 13:21:45 8,442 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:

at the beginning, she teleported further away,
    Not really a spoiler or anything, but Gwyndolin is a 'he'. It is intentionally misleading however.
  • mcmothercruncher 12 Dec 2012 13:25:08 7,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if you could get three poison arrows into Gwyndolin Swiss?
  • Fat_Pigeon 12 Dec 2012 13:43:50 9,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:

heh, tell me about it.

Well, what you could do, is go somewhere nice and peaceful and see if anything has changed.
    Firelink it is then, though i dont remember how things looked before i left.
  • Big-Swiss 12 Dec 2012 14:03:36 8,130 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

don't know, HE is dead now anyways. I read tht he is the brother of the boobs girl, but he acts like a woman and talks like a woman, now where did that transvestite come from???

anyhow, doesen't matter if he or she, if poison or not, dead is dead;)

but I have to say, I thought I had such a great idea, and then I wasted 3 very expensive arrows for nothing, that sucked!!!
  • Big-Swiss 12 Dec 2012 14:11:47 8,130 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:

heh, tell me about it.

well I have to say, I know where he means, cause I just done this part the last couple of evenings, but by the description itself, I probably would have went to the bell tower and smoked a spliff while enjyoing the view;)
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 14:43:03 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Fat_Pigeon wrote:

heh, tell me about it.

You'll notice :)

• FourSevenZero 12 Dec 2012 15:03:01 82 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

Really, I did not know that, I always run passed them as fast as I can! In fact I don't think I've ever killed one I'll have to try now! Cheers :)
  • BritishBlue1 12 Dec 2012 15:43:35 132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I heard the Demon Soul servers were shut down? Is this true?
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 15:46:59 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BritishBlue1 wrote:
    I heard the Demon Soul servers were shut down? Is this true?
    Well, at the end of May this year, they said that the US servers were staying on until the "foreseeable future".

What version have you got, UK or US? (Is it a red cover, or a blue one)

• BritishBlue1 12 Dec 2012 15:52:03 132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather

My cover has a helmeted hero wreathed in a purplish flame.
  • quadfather 12 Dec 2012 15:56:32 12,260 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    4th one down?

Should be alright then - I think they might be online - not 100% though

• teamHAM 12 Dec 2012 17:40:10 2,979 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Someone clearly needs to make a Dark Souls version of this.

• Dangerous_Dan 12 Dec 2012 17:51:58 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BritishBlue1 It either says "Bandai Namco Games" =EU or "Atlus"=US on the lower right cornor of your disc box...
  • BritishBlue1 12 Dec 2012 21:23:56 132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wherever my copy of Demon Soul came from there are definately random ghost people running about so I assume I'm playing online, it's really spooky watching them flit about in the gloom.
    Those deathcam blood stains they leave behind when they die are both very useful and highly amusing at times! :D
  • Red_Bool 12 Dec 2012 22:28:21 1,173 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did it! :D Finished my first playthrough! In the end I got so annoyed that I summoned someone to help me in the fight, but in retrospect I wasn't really totally happy with that choice either. While the other was distracting Gwyn I got in enough blows with my Balder +15 for the fight to end in less than 20 seconds...
    Still... I did it! :D

...and then I continued playing...defeated the Asylum demon, Taurus demon, the gargoyles, rang the church bell, killed the tit demon near Andre and then I got cocky and went straight for the Capra demon...and I got him the very first try!! :D I survived the initial onslaught without taking a single hit!
    Unbelievable how the 2nd time round you can do in one hour what took you 4 weeks the first time ;)
  • Page

of 1205 First / Last