of 1218 First / Last

• Deleted user 9 December 2012 21:03:16
    Just starting off fella, I'll hold on for now with DLC
    Thanks for the swift response :)
  • Architect_z 10 Dec 2012 00:46:16 2,390 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher
    No Way! I didnt know you could use Lloyds Talisman on Mimic Chests, thats awesome!!!

Damn hes fast!
  • Tuffty 10 Dec 2012 09:26:30 1,715 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SIEGMEYER NOOOO!! Goddammit, everyone keeps dying around me! His daughter is gonna be pissed :(

Edited by Tuffty at 09:27:06 10-12-2012
  • quadfather 10 Dec 2012 09:31:45 13,193 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    SIEGMEYER NOOOO!! Goddammit, everyone keeps dying around me! His daughter is gonna be pissed :(
    Heh, I feel your pain :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• L_Franko Moderator 10 Dec 2012 10:31:14 9,697 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a great session last night even though at the time one or two moments might have made me swear uncontrollably for a few seconds.

I killed the Stray Demon after putting it off for ages so now my weapon is +15. Then went onto the Four Kings and gave them a good kicking after more than a few tries and finished up my night by taking down the Bed of Chaos. This also had me seeing the YOU DIED screen more than once and was also the cause of the uncontrollable swearing at brief moments. Stupid fight.
    Still, I achieved quite a lot in my session and I was quite chuffed with myself. Tonight I shall be picking the game up in the Duke’s right after breaking out of prison. The lead up to that was rather cool.

Edited by L_Franko at 10:31:51 10-12-2012
  • Lotos8ter 10 Dec 2012 10:35:35 2,364 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather - sorry, got my threads mixed up. That speedrun is amazing 59 mins, no glitches. For Blightown, its back door, rolling jumps down the wheel, minimise the swamp distance and straight to Queelag with red tearstone activated. You think its all a fluke except how he manipulates armour and health to be at the right level at the right time, every time. Poetry in motion

Fiat Lux

• Red_Bool 10 Dec 2012 11:14:02 1,174 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Only the final boss to do now... I actually spent more time shopping than preparing for the final boss fight, which is a first :)

I now have:
    - a Divine Battle Axe +5
    - an Occult BroadSword +5
    - an Enchanted Falcion +5 and
    - a Balder Side Sword +15.
    Also a Lighting Uchigatana +4 and Queelaags Fury Sword +4. All this in preparation of a potential NG+ :)

For the final fight I (finally) switched my Knight Shield to a Black Knight shield +5. I think I know how to beat him, so now it's just a matter of doing it (*ahem* ;))
  • Big-Swiss 10 Dec 2012 11:18:31 8,209 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm at the archives, and they are pretty difficult, but I'm getting there..........I'm trying to reach the area with the ember and the key to free logan, hopefully I'll manage tinight?

but where to go next? seems harder and harder to know what to do.

- I havent' killed wendellin (german name) yet, cause I don't fancy dark ano londo.

- I haven't gone to ash lake yet

- haven't gone to lost isaith ot whatever it is called yet.

any suggestions? anywhere else I can go, that I'm not aware of?
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 Dec 2012 11:22:00 9,697 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have you been to the Catacombs yet?
  • Big-Swiss 10 Dec 2012 11:25:14 8,209 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sounds good Red Bool! very good!

I upgrade my weapons and armor a lot lateley as well. Until now I only have a max lightning axe, and a raw weapon, but I will go the same route before facing Gwyn.
  • Big-Swiss 10 Dec 2012 11:26:48 8,209 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Have you been to the Catacombs yet?
    yes, killed the fire wheel, but the tomb of the giants are way too diffcult for me it seems
  • teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 11:30:17 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Big-Swiss

Killing Gwyndolin (assuming that's who you mean) does not turn Anor Londo dark. For that you must shoot the illusion of Gwynevere (boobs) and then the city will go dark.

Ash Lake is rubbish, plus it's tough to get too. There is only a couple of items and the giant dragon (covenenant) down there really. And another Hydra.

Like L_Franko says, if you haven't already done Catacombs/Tomb of Giants then do that. If you have then make your way to Demon Ruins (which will lead to Lost Izalith).

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Big-Swiss 10 Dec 2012 11:52:09 8,209 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cheers teamHAM

will do! but t o G has ben a pain, have tried to get the ember down there, and it was impossible for me;((

So I have a feeling Nito will be huge pain;))
  • quadfather 10 Dec 2012 11:57:54 13,193 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    @quadfather - sorry, got my threads mixed up. That speedrun is amazing 59 mins, no glitches. For Blightown, its back door, rolling jumps down the wheel, minimise the swamp distance and straight to Queelag with red tearstone activated. You think its all a fluke except how he manipulates armour and health to be at the right level at the right time, every time. Poetry in motion
    I'm about to start my din dins, so will check it now

• teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 12:01:10 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah that ember is tough if you just jump down there. Use ranged if you can to knock out some of the skeletons.

Nito isn't that bad ;) Even without a divine weapon.

• FourSevenZero 10 Dec 2012 12:57:23 82 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Big-Swiss When you drop down into the room with the ember if you do a running jump across the gap it will take you pretty much above the ember so you can jump down and grab it and possibly homeward bone out. But go in with nothing to lose as it's basically a suicide run :)

I found Nito to be a huge pain and summoned in some help for that one after 5 or 6 tries (deaths!)
  • Big-Swiss 10 Dec 2012 13:07:07 8,209 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    perhaps I should embarassing admit, that I did prepare for a suicide run once I reach that room. But I never reached that room cuase those big ass skeletors owe me.

Well, I have upgraded armor and weapons since my last try, so perhaps go for it again.

Also, after one or two deaths, I usually give up, the way is such so far from the last bonfire in the catacombs
  • FourSevenZero 10 Dec 2012 13:17:10 82 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ah, sounds like you've missed the bonfire, there's one not far from that room, down a ladder near Patches. That will definitely help!
  • FuzzyDuck 10 Dec 2012 13:22:18 4,723 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bash the shite out of Nito with his own sword!

Urge to start back into this... rising.
  • Architect_z 10 Dec 2012 14:36:58 2,390 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For the Large Devine ember, I used Fire tempest in the middle of the room with my pyro build, then any big skellys that werent killed, just a few finishing moves do the trick.
    With my faith build I just spammed wrath of god, and sunlight bladed my weapon to finish off any others.

Doing that part without magic/miracle/pyro, i'd say, try eating that green stuff for stamina regen, and tank-kill the big skellys. (Havels set, and a shield with a good stability stat will help), also use a weapon buff just incase.

Getting that ember can be a nightmare, however, my faith character has no devine weapons that go past +5. I tend to make occult weapons. Although I always keep a devine longsword+5 for the Nito fight

Edited by Architect_z at 14:43:34 10-12-2012
  • teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 16:33:26 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sigh, just lost 590'000 souls and 17 humanity.

Oh the joys!

• quadfather 10 Dec 2012 16:39:45 13,193 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :/

where did you lose them?

• teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 16:42:25 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    painted world. those bloody crow demons. first time landed on me from above and pushed me off a ledge. second time did that flying-tracking across the map-peck your eyes out move to one shot me.

I'm not happy :(

• quadfather 10 Dec 2012 16:43:47 13,193 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    well, at least you don't have to be careful now - you can fall off as many cliffs as you like

I know that's not entirely helpful :)

• senso-ji 10 Dec 2012 16:43:49 6,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @teamHAM

Ouch! Although if you were carrying around so many souls, I'm assuming you weren't planning on spending them? Plus 17 humanity can be easily farmed back, especially if you have the DLC.
  • teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 16:46:42 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was doing some runs to get some weapons so that I could upgrade them, so I have been using my souls to upgrade weapons for a bit rather than level, because I seem to be going out of summon range so I was just holding on to them.

Risky in this game I know, but that doesn't make it any less painful when losing a 6 figure sum in souls :(

• quadfather 10 Dec 2012 16:48:43 13,193 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yeah, it's a pain in the arse. 99 humanity is worse :)

• Architect_z 10 Dec 2012 17:06:43 2,390 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM - I'm just invading at the moment, got all the equipment/weapons/armour I need and at SL120 so not bothering about levelling up.

But I lost 7 humanity and 430,000 souls the other day. Even though I have no use for it, it still hurt. I feel your pain.
  • quadfather 10 Dec 2012 17:11:53 13,193 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't trust myself to have more than 50k on me (on an averagely levelled character), never mind hundreds of thousands

• teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 17:30:15 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah thanks Architect_z. It's funny because I was cruising along quite happily playing and yet since I lost those souls my character is just standing there, having not moved since losing the souls. I just dont have the desire now and I'm actually thinking about starting again with another character. Really weird.

Quad yeah usually I don't have that much on me but was thinking about summoning, using them to upgrade weapons instead plus yesterday I was being chain summoned at O+S at 25k a pop so that helped aswell. I did have 700k ish before I started upgrading armor en masse.

• Page

of 1218 First / Last