Dark Souls Page 645

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• fiery_jackass 30 Nov 2012 13:39:14 455 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:I need a fresh challenge I think

What should I do?!
    I had loads of fun as "Pyro Bastard". Pour souls into attunement and dex, run around in your knickers and a Crown of Dusk burninating everything in sight, flipping to a high dex weapon when exhausted
  • quadfather 30 Nov 2012 13:46:20 11,747 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    that sounds cool too

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• fiery_jackass 30 Nov 2012 13:48:18 455 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just like running around in my knickers
  • quadfather 30 Nov 2012 13:55:18 11,747 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I can't be arsed with heavy armour anymore - has to be full speed + roll for me now

• mcmothercruncher 30 Nov 2012 14:00:29 6,382 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like running around in your knickers too fiery. I do lunges in them while you're out at work.
  • fiery_jackass 30 Nov 2012 14:27:07 455 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "You have been indicted"
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Nov 2012 14:38:33 6,382 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry.

The dirty chamois leather undies look is so hot right now in Dark Souls ;) .
  • azurelas_2 30 Nov 2012 15:40:54 1,107 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm stuck, I can't get past Blight-town, the Valley of the Drakes is impossible at my level (38)and the less said about the catacombs, the better. How should I continue? Anyone?
  • LeoliansBro 30 Nov 2012 15:42:16 43,021 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sen's Fortress after Blighttown.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• azurelas_2 30 Nov 2012 15:46:49 1,107 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ...just realized that I should use the spider-shield.

I have beaten the Asylum Demon, Capra Demon, Taurus Demon, The Gargoyles, Moonlight butterfly and several mini-bosses (that stupid Dragon just after the Taurus Demon was the most irritating boss-fight of all time).

And where is the 2nd Bell anyway?
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2012 15:49:06 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blight Town is a nightmare first time through but stick with it and move slowly. If you picked up the Spider Shield use it as this will stop the blow dart guys from making you toxic.

At the very start ignore the big sods and just run past them and everything else and shortly after jump slightly to the left and down to the bonfire if you haven't got there already. Hard to explain but you should see and item where you need to jump.

I have never been so releaved to finish a level in my life.
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Nov 2012 15:49:23 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @azurelas_2 Well you didn't travel to Blighttown just to dip your toes in the swamp, right?
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2012 15:50:00 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    azurelas_2 wrote:

And where is the 2nd Bell anyway?
    You're on the right track.

Edited by L_Franko at 15:50:08 30-11-2012
  • quadfather 30 Nov 2012 16:00:51 11,747 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Take it slow in blighttown with the spider shield up at all times. The toxic blowdart motherfuckers don't respawn, so even if you kill a few and then die by sliding off a platform or something, they're gone for good. The annoying bastards.

Blighttown is where you need to be, unless you want to level up a bit first, in which case, you need to save up 20k souls and buy the crest of artorias from the blacksmith and open the door in the forest, where you'll get loads of souls in relatively little time

One very useful item is the rusted iron ring - it enables you to walk and run at normal speed in the blighttown swamp at the bottom. Don't worry too much about the poison effect - just equip the best poison res armour you can, and have a lot of purple moss clumps to cancel the poison now and again. If you haven't got this ring, it's back at the undead asylum again - curl up in the nest in firelink shrine to get there - but don't forget to explore the roof's in firelink to get the extra asylum key beforehand.

And watch yourself back in the asylum...

• Big-Swiss 30 Nov 2012 16:01:44 8,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sen's Fortress is doing my head in, but going back somehwere else isn't making any sense either.

I can't wait to finally really put some time into making weapons, cool weapons, but I need anor londo for that..........
  • Big-Swiss 30 Nov 2012 16:02:46 8,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ah yes, back tp the asylum could be the right path before going to sens fortress I guess!!! I'll try that!!
  • L_Franko Moderator 30 Nov 2012 16:05:21 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sen's Fortress is a weird one for me becuase I either run straight through no problems at all or - like my last character - it takes me ages.
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Nov 2012 17:07:22 6,382 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It might just be my fave area of the whole game, but I hated it at first, have to admit. It really looks like the sort of castle an evil genius would build for his FUCKIN' SNAKE HEAD henchmen to live in.

I'm the same with the rafters in Anor Londo- I either breeze through it, dishing sweet justice to the little fuckers one by one, or I constantly do the whole wobble left/right thing and plunge to my death time after time.
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Nov 2012 18:37:26 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got my PS3 back and now I have decided to play a barbarian kind of strength char. I'm curious how I'll fare with the big warhammers, clubs and axes.

I'm already in a barbarian mood. I should read up on some Robert E. Howard Conan to go berserk.

Offline mode it is!
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Nov 2012 18:47:17 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Berserk

So far so good, I've chosen the bandit class. Got rid of the bandit cap and the silly trousers - they made me look like being a guest at an oriental pyjama party.

Spider shield is alright and the battle axe is a slow pain with no combos but is being fine for now.

Black Knight got defeated with some nice ripostes and Taurus is down.
    YOU DEFEATED!

battled him on the ground to make it feel more dramatic.

Undead Parish here I come...
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Nov 2012 20:10:30 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Berserk 2

Onwards into the parish. Picked up the claymore. Almost died at the wild boar.... blabla bla and did defeat the gargoyles the easy way with some help from the sunbro.

Next a journey into the woods is a given.
  • teamHAM 30 Nov 2012 21:29:16 2,696 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:

YOU DEFEATED!

/stealth Bring back YOU DEFEATED!

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• senso-ji 30 Nov 2012 21:37:10 5,764 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:

YOU DEFEATED!

Have you beaten the DLC?
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Nov 2012 21:45:05 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Berserk the 3rd

YES!

sooo, right, did the moonlight butterfly with the witches help - yes I'm cheap.
    Used the broken wood shield which has 70% magic defense.
    Looted the poise ring, which is very handy if you have a realllly slow weapon - and most big ones are.

So still rocking my claymore +5.
    Cutting down the butterfly and making it back to the Undead Parish.
    Checking back at the Firelink Shrine and having a serious talk with Lautrec.
    Of course he refuses to admit his evil intentions but we all know after watching Minority Report that there is only one future and it's inevitable.
    So Lautrec is shoved down the window behind him to meet his creator(some Japanese dude). Of course he has to be a jerk and die after hitting some kill plane at the bottom of Firelink Shrine.

But some quick reload magically warps his valuable ring back to my feet.

Up next is El Capra. He looks somehow like being an import from the iberian peninsula.

....YOU DEFEATED! (poise ring be praised)
  • Puppaz 1 Dec 2012 05:00:53 319 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a fun time on DS tonight whilst suffering from insomnia. Stuck my lvl 30 darkwraith dex-pyro egghead in the depths and alternated between helping people beat gaping dragon and invading. Got a good mix of peeps, and virtually everyone acting fairly.

Thinking of making a princess guard mainly faith build now, as to be honest I enjoy the jolly co-op in this more than anything else. Are the 2 heal-miracles you get worth it, has anyone used them? Or should I stick to lightning-flinging sunlight bros?
  • Puppaz 1 Dec 2012 05:05:36 319 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also infected a couple of slightly afk people with eggs whilst invading them and waiting for them to wake up. (Always prefer bowing and making sure guys are ready etc.)

Feel a teensy bit evil about it now, but got to spread the eggy-joy!
  • Big-Swiss 1 Dec 2012 07:59:36 8,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    after crywanking in this thread, I then managed sens fortress pretty fast and good, but there is so much lott that is so hard to figure out how to get! But after running around for quite some time, I decided to move on and to come back later.

Had a facepalm moment when I got curious why these help summon signs all of a son where red. Could have guessed myself, that this would be a evil fucker out to kill me, which he did. Then, fully prepared I wanted to summon a other red sucker, but no signs around anymore.

wanted to help people at the iron golem, but also there nobody summons me, oh well, have to try at a other boss to collect my golden coins.

am now in anor londo, and can't wait to finally use my boss souls to create some very awesome weapons!!

Anor Londo is difficult tho. these giant dudes are strong! plus they don't attack soon, you have to get very close for them to interact, so I totally got fucked after thinking "oh so this isn't a enemy, he isn't trying to kill me" walking up to him, waiting for the "talK" button to pop up: swuuuuuuushhhhhhh.

Then I defeated the gargoyle and then I couldn't figure out how to move on, so I called it a night, can't wait to contunue today, but anor londo seems hard, after what I experienced yesterday for a bit.

I think I fucked the online part up, when I killed this forest invading fool and got his 250k souls, of course I used them to level up, I arived in anor londo for the first time and am level 81.

But I do need that level cause I play very wide. I use a nice shield and a claymore magic +5 (but I do switch around with the main right hand levels too) I use a bann or benn magic stick with the two strongest soul arrows, and my pyro hand with chaos flame and the fire whip. Of course I switch the magic around too, but those are my favorite ones, next to the strongest fire ball, whatever it is called.

I wish I could include the "talismann" in my build too, I would love having the strongest of all powers combined, then I would include the great sword dance and that other dance as well.

only thing I somehow failes in that part, I upgraded my pyro hand to 11 or 12+, but It has the same damage points as when it was 0+, something went wrong there..........and 60'000 souls investet for nothing.

things to do:
    - find all embers
    - farm for shards and chunks
    - create a awesome weapon chamber
    - go beserk on all enemies who have given me a hard time up until now

maybe skip all that and just move on........
  • Dangerous_Dan 1 Dec 2012 08:17:46 2,374 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Big-Swiss Your pyro glove should be fine. Don't look at the attack rating unless you plan on slapping the monsters with your glove. Look at the Magic Adjustment rating, or simply use the same pyro magic with and upgraded glove or with the normal one - you should see a difference. Oh and buy the cool pyro skills in Blighttown.
  • Big-Swiss 1 Dec 2012 08:22:04 8,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ah ok, have to look into that.
    yeah, I did buy those and have found two pyro magics as loot. But the best one so far is the one I got from quelags sister after offering 30 humanity.
  • Big-Swiss 1 Dec 2012 09:19:27 8,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I printed everything out from dark souls wiki. Not walktroughs, only weapons, magic, items and such things. Now I am creating a binder, and then I can mark off things and keep track on my stuff.

cause ot would really suck doing the same boss weapon twice or hunting down a ember I allready have etc etc.

this game is more complicated than my job..........
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last