Dark Souls Page 640

• Page

of 1219 First / Last

• Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 12:01:29 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the Dark Silver tracer worth upgrading? I know it scales S with dex and has good critical damage, but is it actually any good for pvp?
  • quadfather 26 Nov 2012 12:02:43 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, back from holiday, and when this hangover finally goes, it's back to my pc char for a bit. done artorias and sif bits, so it's either manus or back to the standard content.

if I could think properly, I'd work it out

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mothercruncher 26 Nov 2012 12:10:15 7,891 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That video hurt my eyes, my ears and.... my very soul ;)

I've never used the dried finger Puddleduck- shall make use of it, ta.

I REALLY like the Dark Silver Tracer Architect, by quite a way the nicest dagger to use for me. It's got the highest crit rating (just shading the Bandit Knife) and rules for parries/backstabs. Although the supposed toxic R2 attack is hard to deliver consistently.

As for PvP, I guess it depends on how good at backstabs etc you are. You wont want to be flailing away with it in their face but will need to be going for crits. I sometimes use it as an alt weapon in case the opportunity arises...
  • Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 12:34:15 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - I'm thinking of having it incase someone uses an estus flask, so I can take alot of their health in one go. But would the silver tracer beat say a bandit knife+15?

I actually really like the claws, especially buffed, because the backstabs and parry attacks have two hits (without a buff the first hit of a backstab is normally really low, like 19 damage or something, but when buffed, the first hit is like 300 and thats just for the first attack)

Edited by Architect_z at 12:38:23 26-11-2012
  • Red_Bool 26 Nov 2012 15:23:27 1,178 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Elathron - regarding Lautrec and his NPCs: I guess last time I got too close to them and caught their attention. Now I tried firing off some poison arrows at them right from the start and they didn't move. So after poisoning all three I stepped forward and only then did they all charge at me. Anyway, Firelink shire is saved again :)
  • Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 15:33:17 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Should I upgrade Solaires sunlight sword to +5 occult? It scales A with faith and has better base damage than the baldur sword, so it should be good, right?
  • puddleduck 26 Nov 2012 15:51:24 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Should be I guess :) Some bits of his gear upgrade pretty nicely, but I must admit to never having used his sword.
  • Elathron 26 Nov 2012 16:20:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Red_Bool - Hehe, congrats, you saved me a playthrough just to check if that had been changed at all! I find it most satisfying when Lautrec is forced out on his tod, a far more even fight than when his cohorts heal him and batter you!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• fiery_jackass 26 Nov 2012 16:22:57 559 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @mcmothercruncher - I'm thinking of having it incase someone uses an estus flask, so I can take alot of their health in one go. But would the silver tracer beat say a bandit knife+15?
    As you describe the situation, unbuffed and relatively opportunistic, tracer out-damages bandit. If, however, your preferred style is to fish early and often for a riposte or, heaven forfend, backstabs, you'll probably buff the bandit at the outset, putting it miles ahead.
  • Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 16:24:08 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Grrrr, choosing PvP weapons is hard! I am in a pickle!

I was thinking (right hand 1) Baldur+15 (right hand 2) Lightning Shotel+5
    (Left hand would be grass crest shield and darkmoon talisman)

But I was also thinking (right hand 1) Occult Washing Pole+5 (right hand 2) Claws +15
    Lots of bleed build up using those weapons. But I can't figure out what I wanna do. Hmmmmmmmmmm
  • Elathron 26 Nov 2012 16:27:29 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - It's not quite got the reach though, that's the issue, it's only an ickle bit longer than the short-sword (correct me if I'm wrong :confused: ). If you don't mind getting in close for your swings then it's ok, but for groups of enemies it doesn't quite have the same effect as you'd like. Personally I think it's a shame that the Silver Knight Sword doesn't upgrade normally :(

EDIT - "swings", not "swongs" haha

Edited by Elathron at 16:33:50 26-11-2012

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 16:27:34 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @fiery - Nah i'd never do cheap PvP and run for a backstab, i'd atleast try and fight man vs man. But if they run away and estus recharge or something, I need a backstabbing weapon that will teach them the lesson that "it is not cool to estus recharge while you're being invaded, die with honour!"
  • Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 16:38:00 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, and age old question. What are the coins for? I've got bronze, silver and gold ones?
  • quadfather 26 Nov 2012 16:38:43 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can get a fair few souls from Frampt for em. Not sure on actual purpose though

• Elathron 26 Nov 2012 16:39:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Nowt else other than exp from Fraampt seemingly! 1k for bronze, 2k for silver, 5k for gold. I gave them out as prizes when I did my Burg "arena" but now they're just another shiny trinket.

• quadfather 26 Nov 2012 16:40:41 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What does the description say on them? Any clues?

• Elathron 26 Nov 2012 16:44:21 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - It has no value in Lordran (or something similiar) and most of them say something about Allfather Lloyd, who is supposedly the God of Gods, and Gwyn's father. They say that people bring them to Lordran for sentimental value.
    Cannot believe that I'm sat here at work and I remembered all that...

EDIT: I think Allfather Llyod is also the patron diety of the WotW?

Edited by Elathron at 16:48:32 26-11-2012

• Architect_z 26 Nov 2012 16:56:29 2,438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm sure Hizayaki or whatever his name is will just say, "AAAAHHHHHH you fell for another one of my tricks!"
  • Elathron 26 Nov 2012 17:09:46 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Hehe, probably! Although, he could be lying through his ass and it just turned out that the pendant mechanic was simply broken beyond fixing :D That also wouldn't surprise me!

• quadfather 26 Nov 2012 17:28:38 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Someone should rip the code apart to finally sort this bloody pendant thing out once and for all!

• Red_Bool 26 Nov 2012 17:33:47 1,178 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...which is why I'm still holding on to that piece of fluff I found ;) The description says it's useless (something along the lines of "you really do pick up anything"), but I trust nothing in this game :)

@Elathron - glad to save you from another playthrough (but don't let that stop you;))
  • Elathron 26 Nov 2012 17:43:00 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Red_Bool - Hehe, it won't stop me. My next playthrough will be the vanilla knight. No level ups, decided to finally go for a low level play-through so I can use the Gravelord sign better in NG+...

• fiery_jackass 26 Nov 2012 17:44:59 559 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That piece of fluff, so nice and warm, is of value to one npc and, hence, to the player
  • Elathron 26 Nov 2012 18:05:50 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @fiery_jackass - Har har, didn't realise you were so snuggly F_J?

• FanBoysSuck 26 Nov 2012 18:17:33 1,540 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've just been watching dark days on YouTube. It's quite an eye opening to find that the butchers knife is the strength equivalent to the Uchi with A scaling!

For the emperor!

• teamHAM 26 Nov 2012 18:24:32 3,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Man-serpent Greatsword also has an A scaling with strength when it gets to +11 and beyond.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Elathron 26 Nov 2012 18:31:34 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @teamHAM - Demon Great Machete scales the best of the big swords, it's so close to S and the moveset is unique :D
    You can make it scale S for int if you choose the enchanted route if I remember rightly?

Edited by Elathron at 18:31:54 26-11-2012

• teamHAM 26 Nov 2012 18:52:23 3,153 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm I might try it then. I know it didn't drop from Capra this time but can I buy it from Shiva or something?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• mothercruncher 26 Nov 2012 18:55:43 7,891 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hope you had a good break Quad, forgot to say.

Had a good three hours with Demon's Souls in the week, got pissed off at how utterly wank the drop rate on Pure Bladestone is and turned it off again ;)
    Still want to Platinum it, but the horrible farming and terrible drop rate mean I'm probably never going to.

Anyway, back to Dark Souls- I've an Anor Londo archers and S&O run on NG+++ tonight. It ain't going to be pretty :evil:
  • Red_Bool 26 Nov 2012 19:02:38 1,178 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - as Elathron pointed out a couple of pages back, the archers can be dealt with from a distance with ease: find the spot about halfway up the first ramp where their arrows get stuck in the railing (and won't hit you) and use poison arrows. This is how I got past them :)
  • Page

of 1219 First / Last