Dark Souls Page 637

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• mcmothercruncher 22 Nov 2012 20:19:17 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously, FUCK KALMEET! Fuck him right in his (or her) twatting dragon hole! FUCKER!
  • puddleduck 22 Nov 2012 20:47:28 1,854 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ha, I met the special someone that allows me to now take on Kalameet last night. Looking forward to giving him a proper crack soon. Have killed him a couple of times when being summoned, so definitely think I can take him.
  • mcmothercruncher 22 Nov 2012 21:21:54 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was somewhat close to killing him the first time- it's got progressively worse since then.
    It wouldn't be so bad, except I want the weapon drop from his tail and it just seems like you only get the chance every 8 or so attacks. Haven't the patience.

And. FUCK HIM !
  • FanBoysSuck 22 Nov 2012 22:13:58 1,482 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had another monster run last night, took out discharge and the stray demon. I've hit my stride again! I'm at the top of sen's and got jumped again. Started kicking the guys ass (invaders never seem to be as well equipped as me for some reason) but stupidly ran into a fire bomb and died. Onto the boss and Annor Londo next time. I'l be able to get that titanite do I can max out my black iron armour and get myself a silver shield.Best armour in the game according to the guide at plus 5.

Is anyone else up for nominating this as thread of the year in the forum awards? I'm pretty sure it's the friendliest place on the Internet, never mind the site.

For the emperor!

• mcmothercruncher 22 Nov 2012 23:34:32 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm up for it.

Must say, general thread loveliness aside, having loved the From Software approach to videogaming structure since Demon's Souls, it's enormously satisfying to see that same approach in Dark Souls being loved so much across all three platforms. This thread must have kicked the arse of any number of brainless CoD style "AAA" releases over the past year or so for posts and replies. Go us!
  • puddleduck 22 Nov 2012 23:38:16 1,854 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I already did nominate it heh
  • teamHAM 22 Nov 2012 23:43:03 2,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Started a new character this week and went for a strength build (not what I usually do). Stuck using the Zweihander for a while and then I got the Man-Serpent Greatsword from Sens. Boy does it feel so much lighter and easier to swing and use than Zwei, yet it still staggers opponents most the time. I now have it at +13 and it's beast. Great little (big) weapon.

Also, because I am so in love with the Dark Souls goodness I thought I'd look up Demons Souls for something to go at over Xmas, only to realise its PS3 only?!

Boo hiss :(

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Garlvinlandblueblood 23 Nov 2012 01:01:09 414 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can anyone suggest the best way to reach Ingward in New Londo On NG ? Every time I make it to the room leading up to him I get swarmed by ghosts, even if I start climbing the ladder at full health I'm dead before halfway. The extra damage in NG seems to make it impossible/extremely lucky to reach him without clearing out the room of ghosts, but I only have a couple of Transient Curses left.....any ideas?
  • teamHAM 23 Nov 2012 01:25:27 2,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Garlvinlandblueblood

Funnily enough I was in New Londo today. That bit leading up to Ingward is a real pain. Afaik the ladder is the only way up to him, so I would focus on taking the ghosts out. I find they are just too lethal to run past, especially in tight corridors when there are so many of them.

Starting outside the main building where the ladder is (after you go down the steps outside) I usually do it a certain way.

Including the 3 ghosts in the water that will engage you as soon as you get close to the doorway, there is around 6-8 ghosts (possibly even a couple more) in the first main room alone (before the room to the ladder).

I start by pulling 2 or 3 from inside the wall by running to the doorway then backing up to the bottom of the outside staircase which is where I fight them. You will initially also pull the 3 from the water but when you reach the bottom of the stairs they will disengage.

When they are taken out ensure the ghosts in the water are not at their closest point to you on their patrol and go inside the building to the first main room (NOT the room with the ladder).

Time is of the essence here.

Move towards the back of the first main room (close to the wall of the room with the ladder) and take out the ghosts that appear. You should be able to take out one or two as they are in their "sprouting" animation. Then the 3 from the water will arrive and you will have to dispatch them. I would stand central to the doorway facing the water and they should bunch up so you can hit/stagger them all at the same time.

Having done it this way you only have 3 more to deal with. Rush into the room with the ladder to take out the banshee (the screaming one) and then kill the ones that rise up next to her.

Then climb the ladder.

Sorry for wall of text. Always be careful around that area as if you rush through before long you will have 10-12 ghosts after you and it doesn't take long to get minced even at high level.

Also as a sidenote. If you can do New Londo I take it you have Gold Serpent Ring from Sens, get 410 Item Discovery and Transient Curses drop very frequently from the ghosts. Also Ghost Blades etc

Hope this helps!

TLDR: Pull ghosts away from group methodically. Makes it tonnes easier.

Thank you and good night :)

• mcmothercruncher 23 Nov 2012 09:56:37 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ I think you've got that well covered :)

I have never been able to shortcut that bit, have to take time pulling ghost one by one and dispatching them. A bow is really handy- you can hover outside the entrance to encourage them out.... and the ones down below and to your left as you're there... and whittle them away. Then, big swinging weapon once you're in the room (chaos/fire works well), heal up, do the ladder.
  • L_Franko Moderator 23 Nov 2012 10:10:45 9,694 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

This is the same strategy I use when trying to clear out the ghosts. I can't explain it easily so I've linked a vid. Watch from 6 mins in.
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 10:49:36 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wrath Of God when surrounded that works. ^_^
  • Dangerous_Dan 23 Nov 2012 11:01:25 2,380 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good call, because it IS the best thread!

Also thanks for mentioning my awesomeness. Now my plans to slowly but surely dominate this forum are well on their way.

There can BE only ONE!

Oh and btw. borrowed my PS3 to a friend so I'm now free from that succubus of a game - for a time.
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 12:15:53 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - I bet youre crying inside, wishing you had dark souls available to play
  • Dangerous_Dan 23 Nov 2012 12:28:43 2,380 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Me and Dark Souls had a good time. Yet it became clear to me that she's not a girl on her best behaviour. So she had to go. Her network code was not giving me much pleasure, I do think I should have been more strict with her from the start.
    So now she's with another guy, making him feel miserable. ;)
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 13:33:41 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good Riddance. ^_^
  • Big-Swiss 23 Nov 2012 15:13:08 8,084 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    had a good run yesterday, did the white night with the dragon tooth, and then the capra demon.

then I went to the depths and summoned some guy and he showed me avereything and then we killed the dragon together with the NPC solar guy. wow, what a rush!

funny was, when a guy invaded me, came running towards me and my summond friend beat came out of a side alley and beat the shit out of him, I think he lastet about 1.5 seconds, I laughed so hard!!!!

only thing I haven't managed is the helix dragon, wow is that guy hard!!!

In general, I decided to go back up, because going further down is just way too hard, I will do the butterfly first, and explore the forest a bit more, and then maybe do the ghosty new londo ruins first too, those parts seem better suited for me, I can't survive 5 minutes in poison city......
  • FourSevenZero 23 Nov 2012 15:41:48 82 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Big-Swiss I dunno mate, New Londo can be pretty unforgiving early on, I made a run for a 'special' item early and almost gave up after numerous deaths! plus you won't be able to make much progress there yet. I'd recommend ringing the 2nd bell next, you should be able to take on BT now (:

You can also make a run for an item Rusty Ringthat will help in lower BT, you don't have to tackle many enemies to get it just erm, watch where you step (:
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 15:47:11 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does anyone know (since the patch) if the masks are any good?
    As in mask of the father, child, mother.
    Do they still have good properties.
  • mcmothercruncher 23 Nov 2012 15:55:21 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    @mcmothercruncher

This is the same strategy I use when trying to clear out the ghosts. I can't explain it easily so I've linked a vid. Watch from 6 mins in.
    Jesus, that would have saved me so much hassle during the 5 occasions I've gone through that level now ;)

It's awesome when you get a good summon Big Swiss- glad you finally made some pleasurable progress. I love it when someone invades and I move in only to think, "ah, they've handled it, jesus, didn't even get to them" :)

I officially can't beat Kalmeet on NG++ on my own. I'm somewhat depressed about it, the little fucker gets me eventually every time no matter what equipment I bring. I even looked for ways to cheese him I got so desperate- climbed back up the ladder and hid to see if I could de-aggro him and perhaps poison him somehow... he flies up and torches you in about 3 seconds flat :champ:

I'm struggling to summon for him. Does anyone know where people drop their signs?
    There are never any outside the fog gate and the Township bonfire ones have disappeared since I beat Manus.... bugger.
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 16:00:56 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - Yes he's pretty tough, and lame.

Any summon signs i've found, tend to be opposite the marvelous chester, (outside the artorias fight iirc). Be sure to cut off the tail, its easier to do when you have assistance with the fight. I'm assuming youre high level so I'm not sure how easy it will be to find friends to assist.

Good luck. ^_^
  • senso-ji 23 Nov 2012 16:26:05 5,902 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

I managed (after god know how many attempts) to beat Kalameet on NG+++. You need to figure out a good strategy and have lots of patience because at that level it doesn't matter what equipment you bring, he takes very little damage anyway (and dishes out a lot).

I prefer to use the DWGR (does anyone still use it?!) to roll under his physical attacks and roll away from his breath attacks. Cutting his tail off also helps, but at the level you're trying it will take several attempts.
  • ZuluHero 23 Nov 2012 16:47:09 4,142 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    where are good places to drop your summon sign? Can you still get on with other stuff while you wait?
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 16:52:33 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - I dont know what kinda of character you are, but the great-magic/magic-barrier miracle helps alot with any of kalameets fire based attacks, plus I tend to eat alot of the green-endurance-stuff during this boss fight.

Edited by Architect_z at 16:53:22 23-11-2012
  • Architect_z 23 Nov 2012 16:54:07 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    where are good places to drop your summon sign? Can you still get on with other stuff while you wait?
    Depends how far you venture. Where abouts are you thinking of dropping a summon sign?
  • mcmothercruncher 23 Nov 2012 17:08:53 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers fellas, much obliged.

I may try again a few times, but I reserve the right to rage quit at any point :cool:

My best buffs (Darkmoon Blade at covenant level 2 and 50 faith and the miracle boosting ring) does about 250 per hit, wanging lightning at him, even less.

I hear you, it's a slow war of attrition... with zero mistakes :evil:
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 23 Nov 2012 17:31:49 414 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the helpful strategies with New Londo, definitely beats my strategy: run run RUN CLIMB! die.

Itching to get home to try this now...after reaching Ingward it's just a couple more trophies to platinum...
  • Mr_Sleep 23 Nov 2012 18:03:48 17,061 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, I downloaded the PC version on steam to get the resolution fix and replay as a sorcerer, which is a class I have never used before. Turns out my creaking machine struggles at 1080 and when I tried a lower resolution the improvements were a bit meh. I guess some optimisation may well be in order.

I'd forgotten just how awesome the game is early on, I'm loving that after a bit of a break I find I just laugh when I die in some crappy way. Like earlier on today when I pressed B instead of the attack button and promptly rolled off a bridge.

It was also fun backstabbing the first black night over and over again with my shitty dagger. I so nearly died at one point but considering it took me about twenty minutes once to kill him it was quite stark just how much the game teaches you.

You are a factory of sadness.

• teamHAM 23 Nov 2012 19:07:22 2,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Architect_z

Pretty sure they have now been nerfed. Mother and Father anyhow. I think they have both been nerfed to 5%.

Not sure about Mask of Child

• mcmothercruncher 23 Nov 2012 22:43:49 7,068 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Jesus, ever get invaded and feel it was all a bit cheap?
    Kinda impressive, but also depressing too all this duping/hacking etc.

Edited by mcmothercruncher at 22:44:16 23-11-2012
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last