Dark Souls Page 631

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• quadfather 11 Nov 2012 14:49:51 11,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lol. 400 hours. It's mental isn't it, the amount of playability this game has

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• fiery_jackass 11 Nov 2012 22:58:55 460 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @quadfather
    in 30 years of fervent gaming I'm confident that Dark and Demons souls are the best games I've ever played.

dark magic needs a nerf.

Edited by fiery_jackass at 23:00:48 11-11-2012
  • Restart 12 Nov 2012 00:52:27 4,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know it has been a good evenings work on Dark Souls when you make a guy rage quit \o/
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 11:08:00 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @fiery_jackass - completley agree, they are actually my favourite games of all time. When I first played Demon's, the RPG elements didnt really interest me, the combat alone sold the greatness of this game, and the fact that skill is a massive factor. The best things about these games though, is that theres a penalty for failure. I can't remember the last game I played where there was something to lose if you werent good enough.
  • Big-Swiss 12 Nov 2012 11:21:17 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    this game has shown me my limits as a gamer.

there are great things in DS, I would say overall I like the game. But Often I don't really know what to do or where to go. Well that is ok, exploring on your own is a good gameplay option. But somethimes I would have wished for a bit more information. Like how to use things, or what humanity is exactly for, etc etc.

Some of the one hit kill boses can be a pain. just two hit kill would have ben tough enough but at least one mistake would be given.....

I'm in undead burg at the moment, and I really enjoyed the place to be honest, but I seem to be stuck now and forever. Can't kill the white night in the basement, can't kill the dragon, can't kill the black night on the tower.

So what now, retry until I give up forever?

Do you guys somethimes change the area and then come back to it when you are upgraded? but I think the game wants me to finish undead burg first? right? all other areas are too hard anyhow for me, right?

also I found stuff to upgrade my weapon, but I either don't know how to do it, or it just doesen't work.............

edit: yes, I'm not 100% shit, I did kill the Taurus Deamon and the tight korridor black night.......but probably the easier ones........

edit2: yes, this is a cryout for noob advices in general

Edited by Big-Swiss at 11:22:13 12-11-2012

Edited by Big-Swiss at 11:24:12 12-11-2012
  • PenguinJim 12 Nov 2012 11:27:12 5,754 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The dragon in the Undead Burg that breathes fire? RUN AT HIM! And run down the stairs on the right. :)

Edit: if you're really having trouble, and ONLY if you want a stronger melee weapon that will last you ten+ hours, and you're SURE that you want to spoil this... then rollover:
    Buy a bow and a hundred-or-so arrows from the merchant in the Undead Burg (out from the bonfire, turn right, turn left and he's downstairs from those two nasty spear-wielders). Then go back to the red dragon and run downstairs (as above). Then position yourself downstairs so that you can shoot his tail on the right. Then keep shooting. It will take a while (he'll keep flying away and coming back) but eventually the tail will come off and a sword will appear in your inventory. Equip it!

Edited by PenguinJim at 11:30:35 12-11-2012
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 11:50:17 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Big-Swiss - What was the last boss you took on? I might be able to guide you to where you need to go?

I personally didnt use the wiki, I was very cautious with whichever area I ventured into, and if the enemies were too tough, it was generally the wrong way, not always. Most of the enemies on that game will kill you at some stage.

Edited by Architect_z at 11:55:13 12-11-2012
  • Big-Swiss 12 Nov 2012 11:56:33 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cheers guys, yeah, can't buy no arrows from that merchant anymore, cause I killed him, all I wanted to do was to smash those things around him, but he got all pissed and wnated to fight me. At least a oponent who is wasy;)

Im still at the normal bon fire, close to that merchant, a little further in the basement is the white night, and up the ladder is the fire dragon. Last boss I killed was the taurus deamon.

Also a question: Somethimes I find other knights around, they aren't friend no foe, you can talk to them without purpose. Do you always kill them? I killed one (the fat one down at the first bonfire before going up to undead burg. he did give some nice souls......

and yes, thanks for help guys!

edit: you mean there is seriously a wiki page for this!?!

Edited by Big-Swiss at 11:57:53 12-11-2012
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 12:07:22 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Big-Swiss - Ok, most of the things on this game hate you, but not everything. Anyone who appears at the firelink shrine is normally a friend, they'll sell you things or teach you stuff.

I accidentally killed the first merchant.
    It wasnt until my 5th playthrough (yes I know i'm a nerd) before I killed the red dragon, hes really solid, and he doesnt have to be killed.

Have you come across any big rats?
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 12:47:12 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Has anyone used claws? This might sound rediculous, but with a buff, they are freaking deadly!!!
  • Big-Swiss 12 Nov 2012 13:10:22 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @Big-Swiss - Ok, most of the things on this game hate you, but not everything. Anyone who appears at the firelink shrine is normally a friend, they'll sell you things or teach you stuff.

I accidentally killed the first merchant.
    It wasnt until my 5th playthrough (yes I know i'm a nerd) before I killed the red dragon, hes really solid, and he doesnt have to be killed.

Have you come across any big rats?
    yes, those rats have killed me with their poisen after I was running away from the dragon ;))

so what does have to be killed at undead burg before I can go into a other area?
  • Dangerous_Dan 12 Nov 2012 13:14:00 2,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Big-Swiss After the Taurus demon you enter the Undead Parish area. There you need to explore and find some cool stuff and chars. By the way don't kill everybody, especially not the blacksmiths, that could make the game really quite difficult.
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 13:18:41 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well just past the rats, there is a ladder.
    Try and lure out the rats, if you have an axe of any kind, try 2 handing the weapon, and it should (hopefully) take out a rat in one hit.
    Then (if I remember correctly) there will be a spiral staircase on your left, and forward will lead to a new area with a very aggressive pig.
    Don't bother with the spiral staircase, the guy up there is very tough for new starters.
    Follow the route, and bring home the bacon.
    Near the pig there is a staircase down, follow it through and it'll take you where you need to go.

Edited by Architect_z at 13:20:18 12-11-2012
  • Big-Swiss 12 Nov 2012 13:25:04 8,076 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    cheers guys! will try!
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 13:29:57 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Big-Swiss - Good luck dude, if you need anymore help. Feel free to ask.

^_^
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 14:03:19 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone recommend a medium-light armour which has really good poise?
  • Dangerous_Dan 12 Nov 2012 14:07:43 2,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You may not gonna like it but the Undead Soldier armour is one of the better in a weight to poise ratio at lower weights.
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 14:08:52 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Really? Wow, Odd considering, I always thought their armour was pretty useless. Any others you can think of?
  • Dangerous_Dan 12 Nov 2012 14:35:07 2,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Depends on what amount of poise you want. And isn't looking badass much more important?
  • quadfather 12 Nov 2012 14:41:08 11,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was just going to say that :)

• Dangerous_Dan 12 Nov 2012 14:46:06 2,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know! ;) I just stole your quote.
  • quadfather 12 Nov 2012 14:50:12 11,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fiery_jackass wrote:
    @quadfather
    in 30 years of fervent gaming I'm confident that Dark and Demons souls are the best games I've ever played.

dark magic needs a nerf.
    Definitely agreed on both points there :)

• Dangerous_Dan 12 Nov 2012 15:22:36 2,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have no idea who they fired or replaced after doing Demon's Souls but the balancing and backstab/evading role is always way off since then. Now they somewhat balanced the elemental weapons just to introduce some slow flying dark magic. Was it not obvious that a fast casting, slow moving kind of seeker-missle magic is really terrible in a laggy game?

Oh well ;)
  • Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 15:38:43 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've not been lucky enough to encounter this deadly magic stuff, but is it really that terrible?
    I'm purposefully keeping great magic barrier on my character just incase the worst happens and i get invaded by one of these numpters.
  • quadfather 12 Nov 2012 17:01:48 11,826 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have you encountered it in pve? Its bad enough there-i can't imagine how much of a bastard it is in PvP.

Still, I'm guessing magic barrier will counter it?

Anyone come across the stuff I posted on the previous page? I want to know how rare/not rare those situations are

• Architect_z 12 Nov 2012 17:18:45 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well, that walkway down to manus was a particularly bad issue with someone dark-magic-balling me in the back. Its heavy damaging. Great magic barrier is such a good miracle, it really makes you next to invunerable to magic.
    If you have magic resistant armour/shield in combo with it, youre basically fully resistant to magic.
  • Lotos8ter 12 Nov 2012 18:26:43 2,352 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather That thing with the Titanite Demon's never happened to me, but the one in LI is a complete bastard. Nice one though :D

That event with laurentius has happened a few times, he's always banging on about "let me know if you find anything new". SO, if you buy owt from Queelana he spots it straight away and goes off to find her if you answer "yes" but it doesn't end well and he goes hollow and attacks you in BT. Poor fucker

Patches sets up as a merchant after you beat Nito, but if you don't go back to the catacombs (and why would you) you're unlikely to pass him. I normally buy a Mask of the Child off him, suck him dry of humanity (Dark Hand) and then kill the cunt. Which was nice.

Fiat Lux

• fiery_jackass 12 Nov 2012 18:40:49 460 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    cheers guys, yeah, can't buy no arrows from that merchant anymore, cause I killed him,
    happy note: if you kill him, he drops a sword that's better than the one you'd get with the arrows (after it's been upgraded a wee bit).
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 12 Nov 2012 19:14:05 405 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Doesn't the Silver Pendant counter Dark Magic? I always keep it to hand but haven't tried to test it in PVP.

I'm trying to make a Dark Magic build, which oddly scales with Strength...what are some good strength weapons post 1.06 patch that are also buffable? Kalameets tail seems quite decent and can apparently be enchanted too, but looks a pain to cut off.
  • mcmothercruncher 12 Nov 2012 19:57:35 6,447 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It counters it, but as we've said before, it's a bit of a clunky counter- you need it cue'd up in your inventory and that sort of limits what else you can have with you (estus, grass, dung pies etc) so that you can get to it quickly.

I'm having a bit too much fun tonight in the Catacombs being somewhat of a troll. OK, a massive fuck off troll. If you clear the next area from the first bonfire, rotate the first bridge and then clear the skellies that wait on the other side of it, it looks like you've headed on in.

Then, I wait by the switch for invaders. I've had three that have had it suddenly rotate on them as they merrily jog across it after me :)

One guy beat me though- he sprinted and jumped and made it across, then he fell to a lower area that mean't he was trapped. We fired arrows at each other for ages, I sent a message commiserating him on his imminent suicide exit from the stalemate, you know, that sort of thing. Instead, he just twatted about by the second set of floating skulls, periodically curing the poison I was inflicting on him with arrows.
    After half an hour, I was so bored though that I decided to kill myself to get it over with :champ:
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last