Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - For 1 SoR???

1!?

Wtf!?

Snuggly is ripoff merchant!
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2012 13:12:13 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anyone have any ideas of how to get out of stunlock in PvP?
    Anyone who approaches me with a greatsword makes me feel extremley uncomfortable.
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Nov 2012 13:27:46 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I suspect you can't, once your stamina is shot... tis a horrible way to go (but not in the same class as lag stabbing) ;)
  • senso-ji 7 Nov 2012 13:28:50 5,802 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Architect_z

Greatswords should have slower swing speeds now, but if you're still getting caught, then a good, but difficult trick is to switch weapons (in either hand) during stun animation. This will effectively reset the animation, and hence position, allowing you to roll away. Be warned that it's not 100% guaranteed and is difficult to time.
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2012 14:01:27 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @senso-ji - Cheers matey, i'll have to give it a go.

@mcmothercruncher - Yeh, its a pretty horrible way to die, basically stand there and wait for me to cut you to pieces with my gigantic sword.

I have a strength class in the making. Anyone have any tips for good PvP weapons for a strength class? I take it Ultra Greatswords are a decent shout?
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Nov 2012 15:33:52 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmmm, I'm SL 167 and I'm heading up to 199 before stopping.

I have no idea what to invest in for those last few 20 odd levels...

Currently:
    Vit - 50
    Attunement - 23
    Endurance - 46
    Strength - 20
    Dex - 41
    Res - 11
    Intelligence - 8
    Faith - 50

It seems that I'm into diminishing returns if I carry on shoring up either Vit, Dex or Faith. Is it worth doing so anyway with what levelling is left, or perhaps bung levels into Intelligence (up to 15) to allow me a few weapon buffs instead?

Bit of a dead end I think. "Waste" levels in my main stat groups, or arguably, slightly gimp my character and switch to Int in order to give myself more options at the cost of a less pure build.....
  • Dangerous_Dan 7 Nov 2012 16:00:39 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - You could pump more into endurance to wear heavier armour.
    You could level dexterity to 45 up to that level it will inrease your casting speed (not for most faith spells but useful for magic or in your case pyromancy).
    You could also level strength. A Claymore has a C bonus for strength and a C bonus for dexterity.
    A washing pole +15 is more powerful than an uchi at dex 40 if you max dex and str to 40.

At intelligence 14 you get access to chameleon, and the light spell which is very useful in the catacombs. Also the invisibility spell which can help with some enemies.

Vitality would be good too, it increases slower after 40 and slower after 50 but it's still alright. I guess it would be the safest way to progress. increases up to 99 quite reasonably.

intelligence and faith are almost useless after 50, dexterity after 40 (concerning damage bonus) and strength i don't know, probably also 40 although some weapons require 50 strength - so who knows...

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 16:02:30 07-11-2012
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2012 17:38:23 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is SL-199 the new (sort of) level cap?
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Nov 2012 18:13:48 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It is the new black, yeah... at least amongst those with the dlc architect, because of the strata in it of up to 99, 100 to 199 and 200 plus.
    I'd guess that there will be a sort of two tier system now, with people who have the dlc sort of smearing the level averages for main game pvp upwards, but, there'll always still be some sticking at 120 too.

I guess, if you feel your character is done at 120 then, cool. If you'd like to develop if a bit more then keep on trucking ;).
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Nov 2012 18:16:09 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Nov 2012 18:17:54 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks v much for the thoughts Dan, I'm going to geek out and sit with a pad and pen and plan my last few levels :p
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2012 18:21:12 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just wanna join people in the Battle of Scisiom Gazebo thingy.
    I wanna kill some fools who think they are good at this game but actually suck.

Like me. ^_^
  • mcmothercruncher 7 Nov 2012 21:21:48 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not exactly, erm "pro". Got invaded in Anor Londo tonight while working through to Smough and Ornstein. I'd just made myself human for the first time ready to do the bosses and call Solaire.
    The invader steamed into the bonfire room and we danced about for about a minute before I had the amazing idea of hemming him into a corner and WoG'ing him.
    Amazingly stupid anyway- I forgot Solaire was innocently sitting next to the bonfire at the time. The result was two pissed off people on me ;)

Dealt with the invader and left Solaire alive and then traipsed back to the Burg to get absolution... but, no dice. He wasn't at the fire when I got back and wasn't there to be summoned outside either.

Go me!
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Nov 2012 00:23:17 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher Maybe he'll still be around for the next encounter and just left Anor Londo, I think he does after you talked to him and killed O&S.
  • repairmanjack 8 Nov 2012 03:45:48 5,987 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally defeated the bell tower guardians. Christ, it took forever. Where to next?
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Nov 2012 06:27:33 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @repairmanjack -
    You may take a look around in the forest for some items and some poison cure which is dropped by, well, the forest...
    To get there you need to run past the big black demon next to Andre the blacksmith.

Then you may found the key to the lower Undead Burg, check your inventory. That key can be found somewhere in the Undead Parish.

The key unlocks a door which you passed on your way into the Undead Parish...

Things to get and do before you take on the lower Burg are to get a bit of poise (heavy armour) like the chainmail sold by the merchant in the Undead Burg and upgrading your shield so you can block heavier swings. With those things you should have a better chance against....
  • Red_Bool 8 Nov 2012 11:49:36 1,173 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I'm not exactly, erm "pro". Got invaded in Anor Londo tonight while working through to Smough and Ornstein. I'd just made myself human for the first time ready to do the bosses and call Solaire.
    Had the same thing happen to me yesterday...with the difference that I got irritated and tried to finish him off quickly - mistake :(

Yesterday I summoned Solaire and another player ("IcedWarriors" - don't know him/her) for the O&S fight. In the end it was just me and him against Ornstein, but then (ofcourse) I died.
    So what happens to the other player when I die? I kinda felt bad for him as I wasn't making the smartest decisions in that fight...
  • Architect_z 8 Nov 2012 12:00:52 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm actually gonna save Solaire this playthrough, i've always promised i'd do it at some stage.

I've started using an Occult Claymore+5 and its great, but alot of faith bulds tend to use the flamberge. Is there any reason for this? I can't think of any other than the bleed damage?
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Nov 2012 12:22:25 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Red_Bool The other player gets sent back to where he placed his summon sign, he does not revive to human form if he was dead before and does not get the souls which he would earn by helping you deafeat the boss (half the souls, but you still get all the souls for yourself too)
  • repairmanjack 8 Nov 2012 15:17:34 5,987 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @repairmanjack -
    You may take a look around in the forest for some items and some poison cure which is dropped by, well, the forest...
    To get there you need to run past the big black demon next to Andre the blacksmith.

Then you may found the key to the lower Undead Burg, check your inventory. That key can be found somewhere in the Undead Parish.

The key unlocks a door which you passed on your way into the Undead Parish...

Things to get and do before you take on the lower Burg are to get a bit of poise (heavy armour) like the chainmail sold by the merchant in the Undead Burg and upgrading your shield so you can block heavier swings. With those things you should have a better chance against....
    Thanks for the tips!
  • fiery_jackass 8 Nov 2012 15:35:24 462 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Architect_z
    The flamberge looks nifty and (I think) causes bleed. It also used to be less common than claymore hence less boring.
    However, the R2 attack is, in my opinion, crap. Especially compared to the thrust of its straight cousin
  • Architect_z 8 Nov 2012 16:54:18 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @fiery_jackass - Cheers, yeh i'm just looking to test some new weapons, the straight thrust of the claymore is pretty handy, plus is scales better as an occult weapon (i'm a faith class).

I'll have to do some experimenting
  • puddleduck 8 Nov 2012 16:58:35 1,853 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice that there's actually people summoning me in Anor again :D Just a shame I can't quite afford the DLC at the moment due to moving house taking every single penny :(

Pretty sure the Silver Knight Shield's strength requirements have dropped by 2 after the patch. Rocking out my magic based dex female SL126 at the moment. Must have raced through with Double D on this one, as there's tons I haven't done back at the start. Getting her all ready for next month when I can actually pick up the DLC and finally play it!
  • quadfather 8 Nov 2012 17:03:30 11,875 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually need to spend about 10 minutes with each character now, to find out exactly what the fuck I've done in the game :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mcmothercruncher 8 Nov 2012 17:07:35 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I agree, really like the Flamberge, but the R2 attack is crap.
    I have to have a workable straight thrust on anything equipped.

I've always used heavy weapons like the Claymores, and took the Flamberge up to +15... not sure why I spunked a Titanite Slab on that, moment of madness. A +14 Washing Pole too.
    I've really enjoyed shifting to lighter weapons though. It's a bit of a shock initially when you stab and slash and thinking "Ooo, that's a bit weak compared to what I'm used to", but, overall I find them superior.
    It's amazing how much more stamina you have because they eat up less, you attack faster and can often interrupt enemies before they've even got the first hit on you, and you suddenly have more armour and shield options due to the extra weight you've freed up.

Absolutely love the Dark Silver Tracer dagger from the DLC- never bothered with daggers before but 1000hp backstabs and 1400 parries are hard to argue against!
  • Red_Bool 8 Nov 2012 17:09:15 1,173 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @Red_Bool The other player gets sent back to where he placed his summon sign, he does not revive to human form if he was dead before and does not get the souls which he would earn by helping you deafeat the boss (half the souls, but you still get all the souls for yourself too)
    Ah thanks! I was really wondering what happened to him :) Hopefully I will have some time again tonight to have another go at O&S
  • mcmothercruncher 8 Nov 2012 17:38:41 6,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, meant to say- apparently Sif has a different intro movie now if you've completed the DLC and rescued him from the humanity sprites and summoned him for Manus.
    He looks a bit forlorn when he sniffs at you and recognises you... and then reluctantly picks up the sword *sob* :-(
  • Architect_z 8 Nov 2012 17:48:16 2,374 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - I actually killed Sif after I took down Manus. I wonder if i'll get that animation in NG+
  • quadfather 8 Nov 2012 18:30:32 11,875 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Oh, meant to say- apparently Sif has a different intro movie now if you've completed the DLC and rescued him from the humanity sprites and summoned him for Manus.
    He looks a bit forlorn when he sniffs at you and recognises you... and then reluctantly picks up the sword *sob* :-(
    Ah man, I'm an emotional wreck at the best of times-this'll kill me :/

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 1197 First / Last