Dark Souls Page 627

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• mcmothercruncher 5 Nov 2012 20:44:13 7,097 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Phew, what a sesh tonight.

Started NG++.... Asylum Demon down, Taurus, Capra, Gaping Dragon and Queelag. Both bells rung, onto Sens Fortress.
    I know things are supposed to keep getting tougher, but I think the initial NG+ leap is by far the biggest notch. Chewed through all the bosses solo (with npc help admittedly) and barely took a scratch.
    Once your character has been tempered by NG+, the smaller increments of the ++++ games really are peanuts...... at least initially.
    I may be eating my words in NG++ DLC ;)

Edited by mcmothercruncher at 20:45:11 05-11-2012
  • Tuffty 5 Nov 2012 22:13:55 1,605 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Won my first PVP match! Joined the Forest Hunter covenant and put on the ring to get into a couple of matches. All of them completely ignoring the idea of an honor duel and kindly taking the time to rush up and backstab me in the middle of my bow or getting ambushed by a player they summoned. It happened to me in one guys world where I died (he had another summoned player helping him out) and it put me back there again after a time where he didn't have anyone for help. So I forced him straight away into a duel where he was no match for my Quelaag Furysword! Won fair and square, no backstab BS but he still saw fit to indict me haha.

Here's another question I have which I haven't seen addressed elsewhere. In The Dukes Archives, I noticed this little creature, a red orb type thing, non threatening and it had the same red/black shade as dark spirits. It was stuck right underneath a staircase and only managed to hit it once before it faded away and I was called away to another world. Haven't seen it since. Anyone know what I'm talking about or the significance of it?
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 5 Nov 2012 23:54:11 414 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Tuffty

I think that's a vagrant. It drifts into peoples' worlds apparently if someone leaves an item, or humanity, or something, you can kill it and loot it but not for anything particularly special. In a couple of hundred hours I've seen one, and it got away.
  • puddleduck 6 Nov 2012 00:06:38 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher Those guys are always easy... you may notice the difficulty spike from the +'s when you hit 4K and O & S ;)
  • mcmothercruncher 6 Nov 2012 07:49:32 7,097 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll be back in here blubbing, I know, I know...
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2012 09:17:23 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Started cooping again with Dan. Heh I forgot how little I know about summoning and being in the right place. Still, my buffoonery has all come flooding back :)

And in other news I've killed artorias, yay. And then got promptly invaded fighting those dark magic wizards no-yay.

See what you guys mean about dark magic. Ouch

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Nov 2012 09:33:49 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That dark magic is so difficult to dodge - not much fun.
  • mcmothercruncher 6 Nov 2012 14:15:28 7,097 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I think it needs a tiny nerf.

Are all these excess Firekeepers souls any good for anything, other than just popping them for souls?
  • mcmothercruncher 6 Nov 2012 14:18:11 7,097 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd also like a Bloodred Moss drop rate nerf in a BIG way.... I've never even needed to use the damn stuff!
  • fiery_jackass 6 Nov 2012 15:17:43 477 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    That dark magic is so difficult to dodge - not much fun.
    agreed. Perhaps removing/reducing its poise/stability shattering effect would help. If I get someone cornered with pursuers/dark bead/cmw buff, they are frigged. I've stopped using it, unless the host is being a tit.
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2012 15:37:53 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does a magic defense shield help with dark magic? And yes, the stability/stagger thing is annoying to say the least

• repairmanjack 6 Nov 2012 15:42:52 6,053 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Without reading back too far into the thread (because I'm still avoiding spoilers), does the dlc integrate into a current game (or do I need to be a certain way through the base game)?

Plus, is it now possible to invite pals to co-op levels, rather than rely on random invasions?

Cheers.
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2012 16:28:12 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    you can access the dlc after a certain point in your game, so it's kind of both situations really

• fiery_jackass 6 Nov 2012 16:31:33 477 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Magic Shield helps on both stability and damage (think the Pursuers is mostly magic damage, despite the description). Very rarely see it about though
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2012 16:32:49 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers. In that case, what's the highest magic def shield available?

I've got one that does 60% I think, but that's about all I can think of

• Restart 6 Nov 2012 16:46:09 4,733 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know the pendant also deflects damage from all Dark sources? So you can easily bugger up any Dark magic spammers.
  • senso-ji 6 Nov 2012 16:53:49 5,921 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Cheers. In that case, what's the highest magic def shield available?

I've got one that does 60% I think, but that's about all I can think of
    Crest Shield gives 80% damage resistance, as does the Havel Shield (but that's super heavy).
  • Architect_z 6 Nov 2012 16:57:23 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any one having trouble with getting competitors in battle of stoicism?
    I've tried all different match types and both levels, but no challengers ever seem to appear? Havent had one match yet.

Do you have to be in human form or something? Or a particular covenenant?
    I just can't get it to work?
    I'm on PS3 and i'm SL 102?
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2012 17:17:12 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    You know the pendant also deflects damage from all Dark sources? So you can easily bugger up any Dark magic spammers.
    it does?

• Lotos8ter 6 Nov 2012 17:29:04 2,360 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather there's a special pendant in the DLC that does that.
    Its called the Silver Pendant and to access it you'll need a light source to open a hidden doorway marked by a
    developer's message - you can use either the spell, skull lantern or fancy lighty headress thing that I can't remember the name of
    in my opinion it would have been better to give that power to the game's original pendant but thats been proven now as an elaborate hoax and as much use as a chocolate fireguard. And yes, I'm bitter :)

Edited by Lotos8ter at 17:31:19 06-11-2012

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 6 Nov 2012 17:35:44 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    @quadfather there's a special pendant in the DLC that does that.
    Its called the Silver Pendant and to access it you'll need a light source to open a hidden doorway marked by a
    developer's message - you can use either the spell, skull lantern or fancy lighty headress thing that I can't remember the name of
    in my opinion it would have been better to give that power to the game's original pendant but thats been proven now as an elaborate hoax and as much use as a chocolate fireguard. And yes, I'm bitter :)
    Ah, the sunlight maggot?

And I see - that pendant, not the original.

I still have a faint hope for the original doing something, I don't care what anyone says!

• fiery_jackass 6 Nov 2012 19:07:48 477 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Restart wrote:
    And any Dark Magic Spammer can easily twonk the pendant caster with a blade whilst they're at it. The pendant would be a better defence if it lasted longer.
  • puddleduck 6 Nov 2012 19:28:33 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

Do you not even care that the guy who initially said it was what he would pick has now officially confirmed that it does nothing and he was basically trolling haha :p
  • mcmothercruncher 6 Nov 2012 21:23:02 7,097 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fiery_jackass wrote:
    Restart wrote:
    And any Dark Magic Spammer can easily twonk the pendant caster with a blade whilst they're at it. The pendant would be a better defence if it lasted longer.
    Dark magic chews through your stamina, can track you when you try to dodge and hurts like hell when it hits. I've used the pendant and it's great, but it means having nothing else equipped except maybe the estus so that you can access it really quickly. You can't go trying to cycle through grass, dung pies, poison arrows, estus and, finally, the pendant in the heat of the moment so it takes some of the variety and tactics out of pvp.
    Needs to loose one of the three factors for me- tracking / stamina breaks / high damage.

I heard a rumour, over on Reddit, that the pendant can actually be used in the Four Kings fight in order to negate some of their magic attacks. I'm not sure if it was a troll job.... yeah, possibly a troll job...
  • repairmanjack 6 Nov 2012 21:35:37 6,053 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    you can access the dlc after a certain point in your game, so it's kind of both situations really
    Thanks!
  • quadfather 7 Nov 2012 08:37:22 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    @quadfather

Do you not even care that the guy who initially said it was what he would pick has now officially confirmed that it does nothing and he was basically trolling haha :p
    Proof, or gtfo :)

• Dangerous_Dan 7 Nov 2012 09:12:25 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck You see, they added something with the DLC - now it got some secret purpose but he's trying to troll people again. The double troll conspiracy. He's a double troll agent. Brilliant.

Proof? Of course there is no proof....yet. :|
    But I believe it's out there!!!!!

;)

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 09:22:18 07-11-2012
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2012 11:59:03 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually think the pendant troll is quite beautiful, that people saw so much 'awe' in the possibility of owning a special pendant, that people chose it over a master key, or a sepcial ring. Even black firebombs would have helped someone more.

Maybe if more DLC is released, it might just have a purpose, it'll unlock a secret area or something?
    But I think its simply a clever trick, and it really has no purpose.
  • Architect_z 7 Nov 2012 11:59:21 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can you trade the pendant with snuggly?
  • quadfather 7 Nov 2012 12:03:32 12,243 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - How dare you suggest it has no use! It's clearly the most important gift in the game! No, I'm not brainwashed in any way!

Yes, you can trade it with snuggly for a souvenir of reprisal

• Page

of 1205 First / Last