• Page

of 1217 First / Last

• Architect_z 3 Nov 2012 09:25:38 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Definitely going to get my faith char out again soon
    You've been saying this for a few weeks now. LOL

Just comming up to finishing the game at the Kiln, but i'm gonna make a few cool sets of armour and weapons before heading into NG+
  • quadfather 3 Nov 2012 09:36:16 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - I know, lol. It's because I keep getting side tracked with my other characters :)

I can't even decide which platform to play it on, never mind which fecking character :p

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 3 Nov 2012 09:55:52 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - LoL. PS3 all the way for me, don't know if my PC is powerful enough to run it. Do you use a controller with the PC version? I wouldnt know how mouse and keyboard would work for dark souls on PC.

I love my faith character, After putting a few points into END, it means (providing I have light gauntlets, head gear and lower armour) I can wear my Giants Armour+5. I found the gauntlets that the Barbarian class starts with, are pretty good upgraded, and the weight is only 1.8
  • Widge Moderator 3 Nov 2012 09:58:00 13,727 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Steam has a disclaimer saying it strongly recommends using a controller with it!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• quadfather 3 Nov 2012 10:33:25 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - I have to use a 360 controller, plugged into the pc. Keyboard and mouse is inviting even more suicide. I've recently upgraded my pc, so it's nice to have ds running at a high res - looks great.

Plus ps3 is in the attic, so that's normally evening time when I use that.

I need more END before I can use any bloody heavy chestpiece :)

• Architect_z 3 Nov 2012 10:35:44 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - Sweet. I'd like to see what DS looks like high res.

I think the chest piece is the most important, I don't know entireley how area damage works, but i'm assuming any backstabs/parrystabs affect the chestpiece more than any other piece of armour.
  • quadfather 3 Nov 2012 18:02:25 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - yeah makes sense to me. Well, I've levelled my pc char up a bit. Farmed 50 humanity in the depths and got the chaos shortcut open to get the maggot as it was catacombs next. Done that now and after dying fairly liberally in totg, finally done. Christ, nito gets on my tits. Did him first time but he's a pain. Got everything from totg except silver ring-misjudged the drop :)

Got the great scythe too, looking forward to levelling that up

• quadfather 3 Nov 2012 18:48:24 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - forgot to mention, it looks really good in hires by the way

• El_MUERkO 3 Nov 2012 19:33:14 17,125 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    picked this up on Steam via Amazon.com, $19.90, going to give it a crack next week, been deliberately avoiding spoilers and such, not even watched a gameplay video :D
  • mcmothercruncher 3 Nov 2012 22:13:38 7,492 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Take your time, not just once you're into the game but, initially, while getting into it. I just doesn't play like other games and can be a bit of a shock :)

I've been mercilessly killing npc's and generally being evil in preparation for NG++ tonight. I love that stage. I always hover before I knife the first NPC thinking "have I done everything?", "do I really want to start this process and go back to square one?".... and then go crazy on a massive killfest- NO-ONE is safe ;)

Bought the Artorias armour set from the Donhall guy too- it looks flipping awesome. I know the DLC wasn't too large, but there is some really tasty armour and weapons in it.
  • fiery_jackass 3 Nov 2012 22:51:21 510 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In thirty+ years of gaming I don't think anything has given me as much pleasure as being ganked by three strangers and killing them all. Will I ever tire of this game?
  • Architect_z 4 Nov 2012 09:12:56 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - On my first playthrough, I found Nito to be a nightmare, however it was my own fault, as I had a useless devine weapon and basically no faith.

I just got a Baldur to +15, but I have 1 titanite slab left, I was thinking of getting a great scythe fully upgraded, as my PvP character uses the lifehunt scythe, and I need a buffable weapon for when I get darkmoon blade miracle.

I think when I get my faith character to SL-125, I'm gonna do some of the DLC PvP stuff and see how I do. ^_^
  • Architect_z 4 Nov 2012 09:15:44 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - Artorias armour is pretty good, its great if you wear the whole set. the downside is, even fully upgraded, its not as good as the elite knight armour. I have the elite knight chest piece at +5 and the stats are about the same.

It looks pretty sweet though.

Edited by Architect_z at 09:36:04 04-11-2012
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Nov 2012 09:41:25 7,492 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, bugger, that's a shame. Mind you, I'm marginally form over function- if it has average to good defense and looks good, I'll wear it :)

You're probably going to want to park your pvp character at SL99 or 199 matey for DLC.
  • Architect_z 4 Nov 2012 10:38:40 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - You're like me, I prefer to look like a badass than wear the best armour. Saying that, I do have a giants armour chest piece+5 which has the best defence of any armour set in the game, but it suits my character. Plus its only the chest, my gauntlets, helm and lower body armour are all light pieces.

Just having the chest piece makes my character a tank, but I can still run/roll around fast enough. ^_^
  • Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2012 10:45:24 7,953 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Personally I like to have my character look as ridiculous as he possibly can. So I took off all his clothes, donned the helm that looks like a giant chicken drumstick in mummy wrap, and ran around the Undead Burg with a large hammer.
  • Architect_z 4 Nov 2012 11:13:42 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mola_Ram - I do that when I get summoned for games, I wear some awesome looking armour, so when they see my souls sign, they think a badass is joining, then as soon as I get summoned, I take my armour off and wear an undead helm, and 2-hand a really small club.

I love how you look when your undead, you look like a piece of beef jerky
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Nov 2012 12:56:45 7,492 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, that's YOU, is it? ;)
  • quadfather 4 Nov 2012 14:33:33 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lol

• quadfather 4 Nov 2012 14:35:21 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, for some reason, Nito doesn't seem to like me. Still, the bony twat is done now.

Just realised I haven't got a titanite slab to take the balder to 15 ffs. (On the pc version). So it's either stray demon, or kill 1239851983518 darkwraiths, or do siegmeyer

or log onto the ps3 version :)

• Lotos8ter 4 Nov 2012 14:51:06 2,364 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather

or there's a slab in kalameet's basin in the dlc. its in a chest - from the ladder circle round to the left, hugging the cliff walls and its near the waterfall. Its a suicide run but well worth it...

(Demon's Souls isn't going well - had my armour broken in 3-2, over 20000 souls to repair. NOT happy)

Fiat Lux

• Red_Bool 4 Nov 2012 15:15:14 1,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So...Ornstein and Smough...interesting fight. I can manage to kill one of them with the help of Solaire ofcourse. After trying both variants I think I will have the best chance if I kill Ornstein first. Unfortunately I'm running out of humanity, so I think I'm gonna have to find some rats soon :)

Of course this wouldn't be Dark Souls if it wouldn't put some real bastards in between the bonfire(s) and bossfight. Plus you need to get rid of them if you want to summon Solaire without problems. Still haven't decided which bonfire to start from. Argh, even when I not playing I'm thinking about it :D
  • Elathron 4 Nov 2012 18:15:10 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Red_Bool - I know what you mean about these 2, however - I can assure you that they're possibly easier to kill if you take out Smough first on NG and then Ornstein first on NG+. You will be far more likely to succeed if you stay in the general nutsack area of the uber versions of the 2 bosses. When you see them about to do a ground pound attack, just jump back quickly before closing in again when it's safe. You can also subject them to toxic using Dung Pies, then use something else (such as poison throwing knives) to inflict poison for extra DPS. Similarly you can make them bleed nicely, Priscilla's Dagger is possibly the best for this as you can quickly swipe and then raise your shield for their counter, this dagger is also more effective against living creatures (which these 2 bosses are) so its use isn't wasted in this fight.
    Also this is from the wiki:

Ornstein is weak against fire, using a +5 fire weapon in this fight will be significantly easier. However, if you do not have easy access to the Fire Ember located in the Demon Ruins (After Queelag's domain) needed to upgrade a weapon to fire attribute, Queelag's Furysword is also a good alternative. Smough is weak to Lightning in the first form, but gains slight resistance once he transforms, but also shares Ornstein's vulnerability to fire. Pyromancies are therefore also quite effective.
    Hope that helped.

EDIT: spoiler teabags

Edited by Elathron at 18:18:10 04-11-2012

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 4 Nov 2012 18:22:31 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Or the Great Hollow... Use Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and CGS Ring along with the BBoP; that way the Crystal Lizards don't notice you so well. Couple that with hidden body and you can snipe most of them before they see you, there's about 10/12 in here and you can get 1/2 slabs on a single run - so long as you don't fall :confused:

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 5 Nov 2012 08:46:16 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - replied to your demons souls post

• quadfather 5 Nov 2012 08:49:07 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - forgot about those. Never had much luck with the great hollow. aleays end up getting cursed or falling. Might try it though. I tried getting to that chest in the dlc-spent ages circling it checking out what kind of trap it was then promptly got incinerated! Cheers chaps

• Architect_z 5 Nov 2012 09:42:15 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather, one of my PS3 characters has about 14 slabs spare?

Edited by Architect_z at 09:42:42 05-11-2012
  • Red_Bool 5 Nov 2012 09:52:39 1,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How come that whenever I unhollow I cock up on the stupidest fights?? I can usually finish off those royal sentinels before the O&S fight without getting hit, but when I'm human it's like all my tactics don't work anymore (usually I roll underneath them when they're about the swipe, but somehow when I tried that yesterday all they do is stab so I roll right into their halbert :()

Anyway, spent half an hour yesterday harvesting humanity in the Depths. As soon as I have 20 I'm planning on going back (and buy a shitload of poison arrows along the way) :)
  • Architect_z 5 Nov 2012 09:54:36 2,385 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I recently got my Baldur sword to +15, however my Occult Baldur Sword+5 is still more powerful at the moment.

Does anyone know (in NG+) when Shiva is first available to purchase weapons? I've been told hes in Blightown, is this true? Does anything in the game have to happen before he appears?
  • quadfather 5 Nov 2012 10:11:06 13,144 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    How come that whenever I unhollow I cock up on the stupidest fights?? I can usually finish off those royal sentinels before the O&S fight without getting hit, but when I'm human it's like all my tactics don't work anymore (usually I roll underneath them when they're about the swipe, but somehow when I tried that yesterday all they do is stab so I roll right into their halbert :()

Anyway, spent half an hour yesterday harvesting humanity in the Depths. As soon as I have 20 I'm planning on going back (and buy a shitload of poison arrows along the way) :)
    It's because you're not used to being human and it's preying on your mind so you play differently. Just unhollow and have 1 humanity for a while to get used to the pressure :-)

Good tip though - depths for humanity and poison arrows is always a winner. I managed to get 50 odd humanity in just over an hour in the depths with some music on to help me just keep doing it - it's worth it in the long run

• Page

of 1217 First / Last