Registered 8 years ago
    You'll be fine

/lie

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:32:43 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, he makes it look sooo easy

He's level 46, with a similar build to mine - dex, vit and end. He has, however got his balder sword at +15. Which is something I should do actually

might do that then come back

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:33:01 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    You'll be fine

/lie
    heh

have you done all the dlc now?

• Lotos8ter 15 Oct 2012 11:35:37 2,364 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah mate, had a few pad chucking moments too - I think I'd got too complacent. I'm stoked for the console release, just praying that I can take my existing characters through the new content and not have to start again.

As I said t'other day, the dlc starts underwhelming and then gets really, utterly awesome. I'll say no more for now as don't want to spoil

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:39:59 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well if that's the case, I really need to get calmer and more consistent with my approach.

I can't decide whether to stay and slog it out, or come back fully prepared for the rest of it.

I have to admit, that I've razzed through the main game to get here to see it and missed a few things on the way. I've only cleared bt and sens properly.

Plus if it gets harder from here, I'll need to have a better set of kit

Still going to get it for the ps3 too, and experiment with my characters on there too

• Architect_z 15 Oct 2012 11:45:02 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can't wait to download the new content at the end of the month.
    Gonna try it with my faith character and hope for the best.
  • quadfather 15 Oct 2012 15:46:59 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok, have beaten the first monster in the dlc.

Blimey. The new areas a bit bloody tricky aren't they :)

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 16:13:53 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - what's the score with that flying thing in what looks like the old basin? Needless to say I'm sure you can imagine what happened :)

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 16:16:54 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

• AcidSnake 15 Oct 2012 16:20:09 7,289 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    forum bug fix

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 15 October 2012 20:36:44
    Defeated seath now. pretty easy. just stayed at her side and just rotated, swipe, hit with her.

Now in new londo ruins. And just opened the gate to take me back to the bottom of the basin.
  • FuzzyDuck 15 Oct 2012 20:40:40 4,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @joelstinton

Aye, Seath's not a bad boss at all. How did you fare with the man eater clam-things outside? I kept dying on them, but eventually busted out my Resident Evil skills on them - ran!
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 21:02:26
    they weren't too bad. I killed 3 than ... yeah pulled out the resi skills on them too. Its quite a trek from the bottom of the dukes and i only went down there with 5 flasks. Actually is it worth going back up to were you first see seath? is there any loot up there?
  • FuzzyDuck 15 Oct 2012 21:21:26 4,684 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yep, the exact item i needed to Platinum the game ;)
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 21:23:41
    ha ok! heading up there asap!
  • Lotos8ter 15 Oct 2012 21:25:12 2,364 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather - don't go down there basically, not yet anyways.
    You head through the garden and you're trying to get to the area with the merchant and fog door that leads to a very special boss - there's a shortcut you can open that makes it a short hop from Sanctuary Garden - you don't need to do the whole garden. From there, carry on but leave the basin until last.
    I'm trying not to spoil mate - LMK if you need more

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 15 October 2012 22:47:01
    Bugger. So i decided to kill lauratec. but before i went back to firelink, i used the keeper soul. So i can't relight firelink :( And i think i got all the ones without having to kill NPC's or turn them hostile. buggery.
  • quadfather 15 Oct 2012 23:36:50 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    @quadfather - don't go down there basically, not yet anyways.
    You head through the garden and you're trying to get to the area with the merchant and fog door that leads to a very special boss - there's a shortcut you can open that makes it a short hop from Sanctuary Garden - you don't need to do the whole garden. From there, carry on but leave the basin until last.
    I'm trying not to spoil mate - LMK if you need more
    I think I know where you mean. I found the merchant but was afraid to go through the door so explored instead. What's through the door?

• Lotos8ter 16 Oct 2012 07:49:14 2,364 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather that'll be Knight Artorias himself and he's pretty hard.
    Awesome, but hard. It opens up after that, its a sort of crossroads area. Don't go into the basin still though.

@Joelstinton - its a bugger but not insurmountable. You can use the bonfire near Andre the Blacksmith instead and you'll eventually have the ability to strengthen it too. Carry on, but the general rule with Firekeeper's Souls is never to use them on yourself, especially that one.

Edited by Lotos8ter at 07:53:25 16-10-2012

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 16 Oct 2012 08:33:30 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Feck. I knew it'd be a boss. I think I've unlocked the pathways/lifts. Spent most of my time with a stone knight on my heels as there's so many of them. Guess its boss learning time again. I take it that's the only way to go?

• Puppaz 16 Oct 2012 09:20:40 332 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather Humanity may be a good idea if you find yourself having trouble with him, there's usually a few people offering summons there constantly, and it isn't too hard to get to if you take the right path from the bonfire, hugging the wall/cliff till reaching the lift, you should only face 2 scarecrows.

If you decide to take it on by yourself roll a lot (high mobility helped me loads with this guy, and watch out for his powering up move, it makes him stronger
  • Architect_z 16 Oct 2012 09:39:25 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Couple of questions for today.

1) Where is the best place to farm titanite chunks? I only ever seem to get it from the ultra giant knights in Anor Londo. (I'm no where near to getting to the Kiln and I want my character to stay at this soul level ready for for the DLC.

2) I found another Baldur side sword. I'm a faith build and I already have an occult+5 version, what should I do with this one? +15 or elemental?

Edited by Architect_z at 09:41:24 16-10-2012
  • quadfather 16 Oct 2012 10:21:27 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Puppaz wrote:
    @quadfather Humanity may be a good idea if you find yourself having trouble with him, there's usually a few people offering summons there constantly, and it isn't too hard to get to if you take the right path from the bonfire, hugging the wall/cliff till reaching the lift, you should only face 2 scarecrows.

If you decide to take it on by yourself roll a lot (high mobility helped me loads with this guy, and watch out for his powering up move, it makes him stronger
    Cheers, much appreciated advice.

Question regarding the first "lift". It was "down" when I initially got to it, then I arrived at the bottom later on and rode it up to check that it went to where I thought it would. But, I then rode it down again to carry on exploring. Question is - if I die and start again at the garden, will the lift still operate? I.e., how can I get it "up" again?

I'm always in human form, but not necessarily connected to the internet so I can have a calmer run. I'll try online after a few attempts. Got to try it myself first to get used to the ropes.

Seems like I'll need the same garb as I used for the first fight. Any particular resistances needed?

• quadfather 16 Oct 2012 10:29:57 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Couple of questions for today.

1) Where is the best place to farm titanite chunks? I only ever seem to get it from the ultra giant knights in Anor Londo. (I'm no where near to getting to the Kiln and I want my character to stay at this soul level ready for for the DLC.

2) I found another Baldur side sword. I'm a faith build and I already have an occult+5 version, what should I do with this one? +15 or elemental?
    1)

From drops -

Undead Burg - Black Knight (sword) standing guard before the Blue Tearstone Ring. No respawn
    Undead Asylum (Revisited) - Black Knight (sword) in front of your cell. Another Black Knight (sword) replaces the first Undead Archer. No respawn
    Sen's Fortress - Firebomb and Door Giants. No respawn
    Anor Londo - Royal Sentinels in the hall before Ornstein and Smough (25%). Respawn in PTDE
    New Londo Ruins Darkwraith (rare). Respawn
    Kiln of the First Flame First and third encountered Black Knight (sword). Respawn.

As treasure -

Anor Londo: On the terrace next to the Giant Blacksmith, surrounded by Bat Wing Demons.
    New Londo Ruins: Behind an illusory wall to the right of the second building with a Mass of Souls. Guarded by a Darkwraith.
    Found in a chest inside the second building with a Mass of Souls.
    The Great Hollow: last treasure encountered coming in from Blighttown to Ash Lake. On top of a mushroom platform that can be accessed by carefully falling off from a higher location.

2) Hm, not sure. The balder sword scales well with Dex obviously, and also scales well with Int. might be worth +15 and then carry some resin/charcoal around, if you don't have the magic buffs.

• Lotos8ter 16 Oct 2012 11:26:27 2,364 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a few of those lifts that work as shortcuts - once you've activated them the first time, you're good to go.
    What Puppaz said - from the bonfire you should only meet two scarecrow enemies, then you can get to the shortcut that takes you back to where the boss & merchant are.

Fiat Lux

• Architect_z 16 Oct 2012 11:28:42 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - Cheers matey, I think i've collected most of the others, so its only really the big sentinals near O+S.
    :(

Gonna have to get my gold serpent ring on, and buff my humanity.

Thanks for the info, I like using my bandit knife with my magic buff, so might make the baldur elemental.
    Is it worth going for chaos weapons in PvE or should I stick to Fire+10?
  • Architect_z 16 Oct 2012 11:37:48 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another question. Armour only upgrades to +5 right?
  • quadfather 16 Oct 2012 11:46:11 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    There's a few of those lifts that work as shortcuts - once you've activated them the first time, you're good to go.
    What Puppaz said - from the bonfire you should only meet two scarecrow enemies, then you can get to the shortcut that takes you back to where the boss & merchant are.
    Excellent. Looks like my 150 death runs are set in place then :p

• quadfather 16 Oct 2012 11:50:24 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @quadfather - Cheers matey, I think i've collected most of the others, so its only really the big sentinals near O+S.
    :(

Gonna have to get my gold serpent ring on, and buff my humanity.

Thanks for the info, I like using my bandit knife with my magic buff, so might make the baldur elemental.
    Is it worth going for chaos weapons in PvE or should I stick to Fire+10?
    no probs. The sentinels are pretty easy though once you're used to them, and you can amass souls from the silver knights on the way

In pve, I quite like chaos. But it scales with humanity - so basically, if you're ok at staying alive for long periods, or at least ok with retrieving your souls, then chaos is great. Personally, I use either a +15 balder, but very often switch out to furysword as my humanity increases, up to a maximum of 10.

there's loads of other decent chaos weapons too - but I'm not 100% on which ones are good. I hear the chaos scythe is decent

I used to use fire weapons, but when I came across the fury sword with a) it's speed, b) it's fire damage and c) it's humanity scaling, well, nuff said. I'd use it solely if it had a better moveset (no thrust)

But the balder is awesome if you're a dex build + a buff

• quadfather 16 Oct 2012 11:52:31 13,144 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Another question. Armour only upgrades to +5 right?
    Depends :)

Normal armour goes to 10. Unique armour goes to 5

Have a look at this to get the full lowdown

• Page

of 1217 First / Last