Dark Souls Page 607

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• Deleted user 13 October 2012 16:22:42
    had to leg it past the giant skelton dogs. too hard. :) but defeated nito :)
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 16:47:39 3,565 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers again folks!

I never expected getting anywhere on this because my initial postings in here about it was that i'd borrowed it with a view to buying it as i spotted it cheap. I got a bit of feel for it over that weekend, but the main thing that made me push through those initial frustrations was coming in here!

For a game that's famed for an isolated, daunting experience, Form (whether accidentally or deliberately) have made it so that it fosters the most helpful and friendly community going :)

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 16:49:08 13-10-2012
  • puddleduck 13 Oct 2012 18:15:28 1,850 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Duck's gotta stick together. Word.
  • fiery_jackass 13 Oct 2012 22:53:15 388 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm having genuine misery with my SL1 assault on O&S. I'm sure that, in years to come, I'll find it hilarious how many times I've been one swipe of my crappy little club away from winning. Right now it fucking hurts.
  • quadfather 13 Oct 2012 23:17:07 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - give us a shout if you want a hand/summon/tips with demon soul's. It is the better game to be honest, and I hope you love it. (tip - the weapon scaling is more powerful in demon's - it's worth considering)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 13 Oct 2012 23:17:55 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fiery_jackass wrote:
    I'm having genuine misery with my SL1 assault on O&S. I'm sure that, in years to come, I'll find it hilarious how many times I've been one swipe of my crappy little club away from winning. Right now it fucking hurts.
    sigh, I'm about to try them at sl48 and I bet I still have trouble, never mind sl1

• FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 23:36:41 3,565 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @FuzzyDuck - give us a shout if you want a hand/summon/tips with demon soul's. It is the better game to be honest, and I hope you love it. (tip - the weapon scaling is more powerful in demon's - it's worth considering)
    Cheers Quaddy, i'll defo be scrounging advice over in the DeS's thread at some point! (provided i actually leave the Nexus, could listen to that music all day).

Ha, was SL 141 or so against O&S last night on my NG++ game, got soundly whipped quite a few times!
  • fiery_jackass 14 Oct 2012 01:01:44 388 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather
    at 48 you'll be fine. I'm deeply regretting my "no weapon/armour upgrades" stance. Time to get some Havel's/Chaos+5 action, I think.
  • quadfather 14 Oct 2012 12:51:30 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck me, I did o and s first time with solaire. That's surprising! Went through all my estus and some humanity being on the safe side but they're done. Sorted!

Not sure where to go now. Was expecting to be at Amor for ages!

Using fury sword now too.

Thing is, where's the new content? I went into dukes and didnt see anything different. Am at the 2nd bonfire now, pondering

• PenguinJim 14 Oct 2012 12:55:12 5,476 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did you kill one of these shortly after the boars/lift? http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/file/view/Img0058.jpg/317528730/320x424/Img0058.jpg

Now back to the first hydra lake next to the basin, follow the lake around to the left, don't go up the ladder to Sif, keep going around the side of the lake. :)
  • quadfather 14 Oct 2012 13:00:01 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @PenguinJim - Aha, yes, I did see that, and went over incase it was an npc. Which it wasn't :) And yes, killed it.

So go as if I was going to the golden golem? Roger, will do

Cheers :)

Thank god I've got the lordvessel, or it would have been a bloody long trek back!

• quadfather 14 Oct 2012 15:57:38 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. Wtf is going on! Gone back to basin, cleared it all out, done golem, done dusk, bought a few things off her, gone to where her armour is, quit and reloaded various times.

What now?

Can't do spoilers as on phone, sorry

• quadfather 14 Oct 2012 16:11:49 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah shit. Just looked it up. Didn't pick up the item you need from dukes archive

Fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

:)

• Tuffty 14 Oct 2012 16:56:33 1,406 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been human twice now in Anor Londo and twice I've been invaded. The first guy didn't even have the decency to let me kill two Silver Knights I was fighting at the same time, the other one did but had so much better equipment I didn't stand a chance. The fact that he was somehow in front of me and then able to do a backstab didn't help either.
  • tobymesson 14 Oct 2012 18:56:05 15 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hi guys...im lvl40 but cant get the pyromancy glove to work at all! He just wiggles his hand but no fire! I up graded glove to +4 but cant figure out the problem......
    Some help wud be great as im at sens fortress
  • puddleduck 14 Oct 2012 19:21:13 1,850 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do you have any pyromancy spells equipped?
  • puddleduck 14 Oct 2012 19:21:46 1,850 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

Standard Quaddy haha
  • Architect_z 15 Oct 2012 09:02:37 2,305 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @tobymesson - You need to rest at a bonfire and attune a pyromancy spell. Once attuned, you will see the spell available in the slot above the estus flask on your hud. Use the pyro glove and hopefully some fire will spurt out.
  • quadfather 15 Oct 2012 09:26:13 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok then, finally got to the start of the new content.

oh my god.

Can't even get past the first monster!

how the hell do you kill it??!! I must have tried 10 times and I can manage about 1/4 of it's health before I get battered

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 09:26:25 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    @quadfather

Standard Quaddy haha
    Pretty much :)

• Architect_z 15 Oct 2012 10:22:56 2,305 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Without giving too much away, where does the new content start? And what SL are you?
  • quadfather 15 Oct 2012 10:44:46 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @quadfather - Without giving too much away, where does the new content start? And what SL are you?
    Nothing happens until you go to the duke's archive. then when you get there, something is different. Then you have to go somewhere else, the clue being what you saw at the dukes.

I don't think that's too spoilery

I'm level 56 and have been levelling vit, end and dex exclusively after getting strength to 16. So 27 in all 3 stats.

But it's pretty clear that I'm either

doing something very wrong
    underlevelled
    crap
    all 3

• senso-ji 15 Oct 2012 10:47:53 5,330 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

If you're struggling then EpicNameBro on Youtube has done a walkthrough of the new content. I haven't watched it (don't want to spoil it for myself) but if it's like any of his other Dark Souls videos then I'm sure it'll be very helpful.

Edited by senso-ji at 10:48:24 15-10-2012
  • quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:00:37 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @senso-ji - good call.

I stuck at it last night for at least 2 hours using different methods - circling for ever to try and learn the patterns, different weapons, pyro, heavy armour, light armour, exploiting the environment, and zippo. Zero results.

I'm off to youtube :)

• Architect_z 15 Oct 2012 11:06:25 2,305 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm level 72 faith build, so i'm gonna try tackle the DLC with him. I hope i'm not overpowered.
  • PenguinJim 15 Oct 2012 11:17:41 5,476 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @senso-ji - good call.

I stuck at it last night for at least 2 hours using different methods - circling for ever to try and learn the patterns, different weapons, pyro, heavy armour, light armour, exploiting the environment, and zippo. Zero results.

Is that for the first encounter?

I had a much easier time after I stopped blocking his stamina-sucking "sweat attack" (looks like a load of sweat coming at you, doesn't hurt). Also got the trick of dodging his lightning. And only a single swipe against his side when possible - not getting greedy and exposing myself. :)
  • quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:18:16 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah man, just watching enb's vid of it. Quote - "this is my 3rd attempt, I just spent the first 2 watching him"

He's going to bloody do it on his 3rd attempt isn't he :)

The man has some talent, that's for sure.

@Architect_z - I think you'll be about right, but it's hard to tell so far - this is the first monster I've encountered.

Though I think it's From Software's way of saying "Come and have a look at the new content now you've mastered the standard version of dark souls..."

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:19:53 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @senso-ji - good call.

Is that for the first encounter?

I had a much easier time after I stopped blocking his stamina-sucking "sweat attack" (looks like a load of sweat coming at you, doesn't hurt). Also got the trick of dodging his lightning. And only a single swipe against his side when possible - not getting greedy and exposing myself. :)
    Yes, first encounter

Yeah, I noticed that stamina sucking attack, and how he always whacks you straight afterwards, so it always takes a lot of health.

I'm using the wrong tactics for sure - I keep getting panicky which leads to greediness

• Lotos8ter 15 Oct 2012 11:24:13 2,327 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Quadfather - good lightning resistance armour and I think I wore the ring that lets you walk on water (YKWIM) without taking a movement penalty. That enemy does a lot of damage with the lightning spew and as its in water there's an AOE with it as well. Just learn the attack, sidestep and 2 hits then get your stamina back up. It also has an attack that saps all your stamina, so beware. Don't wander around the back as it has a poison tail swipe, stick to the sides

And the bosses get A LOT harder after that one, so enjoy your holiday :-P

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 15 Oct 2012 11:27:46 10,587 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jesus :)

Thanks

I think :)

• Page

of 1190 First / Last