Dark Souls Page 606

• Page

of 1196 First / Last

• quadfather 12 Oct 2012 01:23:57 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hah. Fucking sen's fortress. I'd forgotten how much of a twat that was. Stupid blades :)

Yes, I died, ok, ok! :)

In anor now though, so only one more (cuntyfaced hard) set of bosses to go, then I can hopefully check some of the new content out

And I'm sure ricards rapier was more powerful than it is now? Maybe I'm getting old and forgetting things, but it seems pants now.

Shotel seems ok, and using lightning spear +2 till I get my dex sky high for balder sword

Can someone please tell me how far into duke's I have to go before I encounter the new content?

Edited by quadfather at 01:24:38 12-10-2012

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• PenguinJim 12 Oct 2012 11:51:55 5,761 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Can someone please tell me how far into duke's I have to go before I encounter the new content?
    To get to the new content, you only need to get past the two boars at the start and then twat the first ~5 crystal guys. There's a new big crystal man quietly waiting in the corner for you to kill him and take the item.

To get to the new area... do you want to know? It's far away from Duke's.
    Hmmmm. Didn't Marty Crane used to spend a lot of time at Duke's?
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2012 11:56:33 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Facepalm - heh yeah, It's a pain - I'm currently playing offline on the PC at the moment, as I just want progress to the lordvessel asap. But the last time I was invaded in sens, we both knocked each other off the walkway at the same time :)

• quadfather 12 Oct 2012 12:12:36 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    To get to the new content, you only need to get past the two boars at the start and then twat the first ~5 crystal guys. There's a new big crystal man quietly waiting in the corner for you to kill him and take the item.

To get to the new area... do you want to know? It's far away from Duke's.
    Hmmmm. Didn't Marty Crane used to spend a lot of time at Duke's?
    That'll do for me :) I'll do the bit where there's the new 'thing' and then I think I know where to go afterwards (basin?)

• PenguinJim 12 Oct 2012 12:13:59 5,761 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup. :)

I've not gone there yet, though. Although I'm ~75ish... maybe I'll saunter over today/tomorrow.
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2012 12:58:19 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cool.

Well, I'm 45 and just hit anor. I've deliberately only increased vit, end and dex (all 24). Going to have to put a few points in strength for a couple of weapons, but after that, it's back to vit, end and dex again, in the hope I can hold my own

soon find out :)

• Lotos8ter 12 Oct 2012 13:58:02 2,353 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've finished the new content - you're doing well putting some points into vitality, that caught me out in the DLC.

All I'll say is the first DLC area is a bit underwhelming and then it gets really, really good.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 12 Oct 2012 14:07:20 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was your comment that gave me the vitality heads up :)

Though I tend to pump it early on anyway

one more pigging boss to do then I can start to have a look

fecking o&s :(

• mcmothercruncher 12 Oct 2012 14:13:59 6,489 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds like that is a nice optimised build quadfather.

I did something incredibly stupid last night. Was making boss soul weapons for the trophy. Used Sif's soul TWICE for the same weapon... I was tired :(

Now, I need to do two more play throughs if I want to 100% it. That'll be NG+++

Ugh.
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2012 14:29:08 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - It's taken me about 8 fucked up characters to get to this stage :) It is a nice clean build though. Haven't quite decided on armour, so using stone chestpiece, and some upgraded tattered for some elemental resists.

If it's any consolation, I was playing it a tad pissed a few months ago on another dex based character, and I thought, "Awesome, I've got Gwyndolin's soul FINALLY. I can create the darkmoon bow now. Oooo, actually, I'll also create the Tin darkmoon catalyst. With that and the bow, I'll be invincible!"

/creates Tin Darkmoon catalyst
    /attempts to create darkmoon bow

"Eh, what's going on, why is it saying I need Gwyndolins soul for the bow. I've just fucking spent 10 attempts to get the bloody thing."

"oh...hang on..."

• Deleted user 12 October 2012 15:17:56
    tomb of the giants hey... eh.. oh... fuck me.
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2012 15:24:53 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @joelstinton - got a torch? :)

• Deleted user 12 October 2012 15:43:09
    yeah. have a skull lantern. two. in case one runs out. if they do :)
  • mcmothercruncher 12 Oct 2012 16:00:12 6,489 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehe quad. I was more bothered about having fucked that up than when I spilt coffee on my laptop and fucked it up recently. Sad but true ;)
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2012 16:10:04 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    heh - It's the way dark souls gets under your skin.

I was just outside having a fag break and mentally planning the route through anor londo without even realising I was doing it :)

• quadfather 12 Oct 2012 16:10:27 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @joelstinton - you'll be fine, they don't run out

or do they? :)

• Deleted user 13 October 2012 00:09:50
    ha, i imagined clumlisy rolling out the way of something in a dark souls manner earlier.

Had to have a rest from the tomb, found i needed to level up a little bit more.

So done a couple of runs of anor londo earlier, with the item drop ring to pick up a couple of titane chunks. Also done a suicide run to get the large divine ember.

So now, i have a longsword - lighting (+4), magic (+5), divine (+7), normal (+6) and a normal (+3) intended for a chaos ascension. Longwinded, but it helps me pick and choose and understand the upgrades paths better.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 00:30:34 3,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @joelstinton

You can get some decent equipment from those silver knights in AL too, well worth a few runs.

Jaysus, the Iron Golem is giving me a right pasting on NG++, don't remember him being nearly as hard the first two times. Doubly annoying is the fact i practically ran through the Fortress in one go to get to him! :)
  • PenguinJim 13 Oct 2012 05:18:22 5,761 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    You can get some decent equipment from those silver knights in AL too, well worth a few runs.
    Yes, I've been using their Silver Knight Shield as my regular shield (Weight 5), swapping to a non-repairable Crystal Shield for boss-fights. Lovely stuff.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 07:10:59 3,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Yes, I've been using their Silver Knight Shield as my regular shield (Weight 5), swapping to a non-repairable Crystal Shield for boss-fights. Lovely stuff.
    Good idea with the crystal shield, wish i'd thought of it!

Think i'm going to be retiring from Dark Souls for a bit, just scored the Platinum Trophy for it after 172 hours, all offline, phew! :D
  • Deleted user 13 October 2012 09:21:23
    congratulations fuzzy!

Yeah i can get to the bonfire fine in Tombs, and i can defeat the bone dogs, sometimes taking a big hit, or dying, the knight down there is tougher as well. I'm scraping by down there and wasting flasks so yeah need to level up a bit. Just a bit hard in the dark. I suppose i could warp back to firelink to get the light scroll.

At the moment i think i'm wearing harvel helmet, orenstein armour, using a baldur shield (+something). i got a silver knight shield so i have a look at that later on.

Edited by joelstinton at 09:21:47 13-10-2012

Edited by joelstinton at 09:22:07 13-10-2012
  • quadfather 13 Oct 2012 09:34:12 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - congrats on platinum!

I don't think I'll ever get platinum with this game :)

• quadfather 13 Oct 2012 09:35:08 11,871 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @joelstinton - best thing that helped me down there is a map

And a fuckload of vitality :)

• Architect_z 13 Oct 2012 10:33:58 2,374 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - Well played, I was so happy after getting that trophy, dont you find that you do the last thing to get the last trophy you need (in my case it was getting logans dragons breath spell or whatever) and theres that period of, "i've collected it, thats everything, wheres my trophy?......................waiting..............waiting............is it even gonna show?..............crap have I done everything?..." *bling* Platinum trophy. "WOOOOO why did you make me wait"

Edited by Architect_z at 10:41:06 13-10-2012
  • Architect_z 13 Oct 2012 11:04:25 2,374 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What SL should you be at for starting the PtD content? Got a character prepared for the DLC, but I dont wanna make him overpowered or anything.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2012 12:12:09
    Its amazing how quickly you power up in this game. I realised that i never went back to dark root basin, and properly explored garden of astoria and the bit with the rats. I killed sif first time without losing much health and took on two big rats at the same time. So that was a bit of a breeze, and some welcome souls from sif.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 12:47:08 3,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers lads! :D

@Architect_z

I had what felt like a slo-mo version of that! My last trophy wthat i needed was the one for the best weapon through magic reinforcement. 'Grand' says i, there's a +9 Magic Falchion sitting in my inventory, so all i had to do was claim the blue titanite slab in the crystal caves, and the large magic ember in the archives. So i fought my way through the archives, and despite having 40 health (and still wearing the ring of favour and protection, i still got one shotted by the channelers a few times. But i persevered, got to the cave, used all but 1 of my 99 prism stones to find the path to the slab, grab it, warp out, and head off to ythe guy in NL Ruins to upgrade that falchion! But my enthusiasm for grabbing the slab made me forget about the ember... so back i go, died 3 times getting back to Seath's lair impatience more than anything, got there and forgot that i had yet to kill Seath at the end of the cave so he wouldn't appear here, arrrggghhhh! :D. So all in all, i got the trophy about an hour after i said 'yes, have it now!'. And then there was that slo mo that you mentioned after the trophy needed for the PLatinum... ... ... oh, there it goes!

I'm just glad i've finally rinsed this game (i really couldn't put it down) as i've vastly reduced gaming time because of Uni commitments and i've a fair few neglected titles on my shelf to boot. So i'm probably gonna start into that mostly unplayed copy of Demon's Souls i have, haha! :D

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 12:49:08 13-10-2012
  • Architect_z 13 Oct 2012 13:04:31 2,374 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - Hehehe, I was like that, trying to get the embers for the trophy, having to keep going back in the dukes, and that first bit with all the blue guys and the channeler, I was trying to rush it and kept getting defeated. lol.

Glad you enjoyed the game, hope I was of use throughout some of your journey. Good luck with Demon's Souls, (if i'm honest, I prefer demon's souls, but it is alot harder.)

Edited by Architect_z at 13:05:00 13-10-2012
  • puddleduck 13 Oct 2012 13:14:35 1,853 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well done Fuzzy :D
  • Page

of 1196 First / Last