Dark Souls Page 604

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• quadfather 9 Oct 2012 09:59:25 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can someone help me with a chaos covenant question please?

Hmm, that's annoying. I need a sunlight maggot to trade with snugly for the old witch's ring, if I want to join Chaos covenant. However, looking at getting the maggot - it looks like you can get it without having to join the chaos covenant - Also obtainable through exploration behind the Titanite Demon in Lost Izalith (Does NOT require "Chaos Servant +2"). - what's that about then?

In fact, isn't that a paradox? How can you trade for the ring if you need to be in the covenant in the first place to get the maggot to trade for the ring?

Wut?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Lotos8ter 9 Oct 2012 10:05:15 2,353 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You don't need the Witch's Ring to enter the Chaos Covenant - just go and speak to her, you won't understand what she's saying but the normal text "Enter Covenant" "Talk" "Reinforce Estus " appear on the screen.
    The ring is just a bit of (really interesting) dialogue that you can't get any other way

I think your quote just means that you can go around the long way in LI to go get the sunlight maggot

Edited by Lotos8ter at 10:07:49 09-10-2012

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 9 Oct 2012 10:10:25 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - Ah ok, cheers. Being dumbass.

Hm, so to do the long route, it's firesage/centipede/lava/back to titanite demon and then kill the maggots on the other side of the door.

hm, covenant decisions!

• Lotos8ter 9 Oct 2012 10:13:58 2,353 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather - yeah that's it. And you'll also have a nasty surprise of meeting Solaire there too. Its worth a trek but in the PTD edition, you'll probably find you'll have loads of humanity so its not such a burden to offload some for the shortcut either...

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 9 Oct 2012 10:16:46 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - Ah man, I can't have that nasty surprise happening. I was absolutely gutted when I messed that up first time round.

Not fussed with grinding - doesn't take long if you do depths with gold ring

Is it possible to do the shortcut properly, so that there isn't a nasty surprise, and then go back and do izalith via the normal way? I'd like to avoid nasty surprises, but also do all of LI as well

• Lotos8ter 9 Oct 2012 10:22:20 2,353 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah mate. You can open the shortcut (you HAVE to if you want to keep matey alive) but still do the other bosses for the items and the lava walking ring if you so wish. The shortcut just bypasses the annoying lava & bounding dinosaurs bit, but there's nowt stopping you going down there if you want to.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 9 Oct 2012 10:43:50 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cool. I may well bin it off by the time I get there, but at least I know that it's possible. Might do it on this char as it's my only char on this pc and wouldn't mind getting the chaos ember at least I guess now that I'm 5% more efficient at staying alive and holding onto humanity a bit more.

Still, making fairly good progress. 23 end+vit+dex at level 35 ish and ready for sens in 3 sessions

• Architect_z 9 Oct 2012 10:56:34 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GOT A BALDUR SWORD FINALLY! Had to kill the dude in the undead church and the guy by the wooden plank bridge about 12 times, with 6 humanity and the serpent ring on (i was also in human form). But I got one!!!!
  • quadfather 9 Oct 2012 11:20:21 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - Yay, Winner!

We should start a balder side sword clan :)

Edited by quadfather at 11:20:30 09-10-2012

• Dangerous_Dan 9 Oct 2012 11:30:04 2,380 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck - I don't know about thursday but for tomorrow I could find time. Low level sounds cool. How about SL 20 ;) .
    Invaders will be fewer though. I'd also be up for some Demon's Souls.

How's Borderlands? How long until you return to the dark? ;)
  • Architect_z 9 Oct 2012 11:30:21 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - The Balder Side Sword Covenant!

A question regarding this sword, i'm an MAGIC class, should I make this sword enchanted? or should I regular scale and buff with crystal weapon or whatever its called?

Edited by Architect_z at 11:39:00 09-10-2012

Edited by Architect_z at 11:39:34 09-10-2012
  • senso-ji 9 Oct 2012 11:47:28 5,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Architect_z

Raising a weapon to +15 and applying a buff is generally considered the best way to maximise damage output.
  • quadfather 9 Oct 2012 12:08:36 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you upgrade it to enchanted +4, it scales A with intelligence.

I'm not sure what would do more - +15 with a buff, or +4 enchanted, scaling A. Depends on your intelligence I guess, and the buff being used.

I bet crystal magic weapon on +15 would be a winner

Edited by quadfather at 12:09:43 09-10-2012

• quadfather 9 Oct 2012 12:11:15 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    @puddleduck - I don't know about thursday but for tomorrow I could find time. Low level sounds cool. How about SL 20 ;) .
    Invaders will be fewer though. I'd also be up for some Demon's Souls.

How's Borderlands? How long until you return to the dark? ;)
    are you guys still on the ps3 version?

• Dangerous_Dan 9 Oct 2012 12:34:59 2,380 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - I am, PD has both. My PC is not up to solid gameplay.
    I'm acually more a PC kind of folk but in recent years I had only one reason to upgrade which was Shogun 2 and that was not reason enough for me.

All other hardware demanding stuff is a console game design anyway, in my view.

To make it short I'm only on PS3.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 12:43:00 09-10-2012
  • quadfather 9 Oct 2012 12:38:52 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fair do's. Must admit, my pc only just runs it, though I am insisting on a higher res which probably doesn't help

@Pd - add us on steam if you want - could do some pc co-op

• puddleduck 9 Oct 2012 20:38:46 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

Yes, I was playing with patch 1.05 for most of the time, so those are my armour choices post patch. Before the patch the antiquated skirt was good, but was subsequently nerfed massively. Same with the gold hemmed.

Will add you on steam dude, is it the same username Quaddy? Unfortunately, I got to SL80 odd as I did everything with the intention of going into the new content all tooled up... unfortunately my laptop suddenly seemed to struggle to play without crashing due to a FPS error. Possibly brought on by the resolution fix, as I had played through fairly comfortably up to then, including Blightown being playable. I guess I could fresh install and see if everything runs better. It's a shame, as I was loving the varied builds that I was seeing.

@ DD. I've been let down dude :( My mate at work didn't bring back my copy before my days off so it'll be more Borderlands for now. Waaah... sort of.

Edited by puddleduck at 20:41:32 09-10-2012
  • Tuffty 9 Oct 2012 22:47:58 1,532 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The black eye orb is vibrating!! I'm gonna kill the fucker that killed the bonfire keeper at Firelink Shrine!

*EDIT*

FUCKING LAUTREC!!!

Edited by Tuffty at 22:51:35 09-10-2012
  • puddleduck 9 Oct 2012 22:55:20 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tuffty

Haha revenge! :) Whatever you do, don't use the item you get!!!
  • Widge Moderator 9 Oct 2012 23:49:11 13,393 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UGH @ above :-/

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Dangerous_Dan 10 Oct 2012 06:59:32 2,380 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck
    ...there is still Demon's Souls but I know that Borderlands is also on your list. ;)
  • quadfather 10 Oct 2012 08:33:20 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck ok mate. Steam is is quadfather. I don't mind starting again either if you want. Am only 35 in bt so no worries either way. Heh, I've got borderlands and 2 waiting aswell. But readdicted to ds again :)

• MrWonderstuff 10 Oct 2012 10:18:48 1,925 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A painting has just swallowed me...
  • senso-ji 10 Oct 2012 10:35:32 5,837 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff

You're in for a fun/terrifying/infuriating/rewarding* experience.

*delete as appropriate.
  • quadfather 10 Oct 2012 10:39:49 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    A painting has just swallowed me...
    Plenty of loot here - keep yer eyes peeled :)

• PenguinJim 10 Oct 2012 10:57:28 5,809 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never had Quelaag's Furysword before. :D

Hello! THWAP! Bonjour! VROFF! Alrighty! BISHBASHBOSH!

It put my Divine +5 Scythe to shame... until I made the trip down to the Tomb of Giants. Back onto the scythe, and never have I felt so at ease down there. :)
  • puddleduck 10 Oct 2012 11:23:03 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather

Unfortunately it was when I started a new magic char that it all started going belly up. First faith (Astora sword suicide run heh) character was all good up to having done almost every lord soul and grabbed all the miracles I wanted. Then decided I really would rather make one of my usual magic/dex based characters but the game just kept freezing up in certain areas. Obviously a long time away, but by Christmas I will hopefully have put enough away to treat myself to a new desktop gaming rig :D Although at the same time I think if I can fix my old dead one and backup all my crap, a nice fresh install on this lappy will probably mean it runs DS well again.

Did you get Borderlands 2 on PS3? Could definitely arrange some co-op on that for some point :)

@DD - Good point... didn't even think about Demon's for some reason ha. Well I think I'll use this time to get some Borderlands 2 playing done (the one positive about lending my copy of DS to him is I've actually played some of my other games haha).

@Penguinjim. It's a lovely sword, everyone should own one at some point.

Edited by puddleduck at 11:23:45 10-10-2012
  • Deleted user 10 October 2012 11:24:29
    Tuffty wrote:
    The black eye orb is vibrating!! I'm gonna kill the fucker that killed the bonfire keeper at Firelink Shrine!

*EDIT*

FUCKING LAUTREC!!!
    Mine has just quivered too!

In fucking Anor Landing. Just about surviving. Opened up shortcuts between the cathedral and bonfire, and now the blacksmith and the outside doors of the cathedral. Much Needed. Finding Anor landing quite tough.

Upgraded my plus 10 longsword to a lightning sword (+3 as well i think). Revelation. Doing almost double the damage i was on those knights (47 to now 77 i think).

Got loads of bits to explore inside, rushed past a couple because i was getting hurt quite a lot. Sort of got a system in place now to kill the knights (much easier now since upgrading). Picked up harvel armour :D. Sad to say it, but only wearing the helmet, because the noise of heavy armour annoys me :)

Have to say, great game and all, but a couple bits of level design have really pissed me off. Blightown and the narrow walkways with the mosquitos, was annoying, but running up the buttresses with the archers was just plain FUCK OFF!. and when you first go down and defeat the gargoyle, and you have the dead end before you rotate the pillar... i was like where the fuck do you go... oh apparently up this outside butresses. yeah right. ok.
  • Puppaz 10 Oct 2012 12:10:33 322 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Having a nightmare trying to kill Four Kings early to get into that covenant.

Got Queelag's Fury sword but lost most of my humanity on the first attempt, currently SL 54 but I can't seem to dish out enough damage.

Is any kind "soul" going to be around this afternoon/evening and wouldn't mind giving me a hand? Tried using NPC summon but she's a bit useless tbh, like me :D

Edit: on PC

Edited by Puppaz at 12:12:05 10-10-2012
  • quadfather 10 Oct 2012 12:16:07 11,969 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck - No I got b2 on pc. I didn't have a choice - someone got it for me. I'm not playing it though for a while. I need my souls fix :)

• Page

of 1198 First / Last