Dark Souls Page 601

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• Elathron 5 Oct 2012 12:04:46 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather

Try to BS them with a weapon with higher than normal critical damage. The aforementioned mail breaker/dagger/thief's dagger are your best bets. See if that makes any difference m8y - also down with the Thieves is the target shield, so parries become a million times easier. Or you could get the parrying dagger (but it's not that great IMO).

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Widge Moderator 5 Oct 2012 12:05:16 12,598 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Dark souls. You beautiful bastard bitch. Argh. Ascending Sen Fortress. Got to bit with the narrow ledge with the mage lizard at the side. Run. Completley missed timed my roll, scycthed off. Sigh. Back to the parish. I'm guessing its similar to the one just before it where you need a quck double roll.
    I did it by arrowing the mage in the face until dead and then running across that ledge. So near sanctuary there.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Elathron 5 Oct 2012 12:07:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - It does indeed - however, the "A" is slightly better if you go down the enchanted route. I found that some weapons are better enchanted than magic - and vice versa. The wikis aren't complete on the subject either which is a pain.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 12:10:50 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Oh, the Thief's dagger is rare too is it? I picked that up in a single run of the area.
    Quiet, you :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 5 Oct 2012 12:11:42 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Mine drop stuff like helmets and swords like a charm and I'm not even wearing the gold serpent ring. Maybe it is damage dependent - I use a maxed chaos weapon...
    so maybe you really do over time in vain. You'd be better off to come back to the balder sword grinding after you picked up the gold serpent ring and upgraded some weapon.
  • quadfather 5 Oct 2012 12:11:59 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @quadfather

Try to BS them with a weapon with higher than normal critical damage. The aforementioned mail breaker/dagger/thief's dagger are your best bets. See if that makes any difference m8y - also down with the Thieves is the target shield, so parries become a million times easier. Or you could get the parrying dagger (but it's not that great IMO).
    Yeah, good point. I'll try and pick something like that up and do it all again :)

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 12:13:26 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - What I'm going to do is various runs, with different weapons and see if that makes a difference. It's bugging me now, so I've got to get to the bottom of it

it might even be something daft like backstabbing with any weapon, but has to be +5 or something...

Edited by quadfather at 12:13:41 05-10-2012

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 12:16:16 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Here's an annoying thought - what if it only drops if you have the requirements/don't have the requirements for it?

/chucks in more red herrings/spanners

Edited by quadfather at 12:16:34 05-10-2012

Edited by quadfather at 12:16:46 05-10-2012

• Elathron 5 Oct 2012 12:20:51 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather - I don't think the black knights would drop weapons at SL1 if that were the case :p

• Deleted user 5 October 2012 12:22:36
    Yay made it to the bonfire! Once you know what to do, its that far. Make a good levelling up run.
  • Elathron 5 Oct 2012 12:24:26 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @joelstinton - There's a tonne of loot in the area as well, possibly some things that will suit your playstyle too. But, it does mean dropping down to the titanite demons down in the "pit". Up to you if you go down there now or come back later!

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 13:00:38 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - suppose that's true yes. Least it rules it out.

Ok, I'm going to have a look at the wiki and work out a route to get some different weapons to test

• Deleted user 5 October 2012 13:30:04
    So established a shortcut now. Made a right meal out of getting the cage key and coming back. I jumped over fine, but coming back to the bonfire i missed directed my jump and died, so respawned, and i went to kill the magic snake dude as per usual for a easy 500souls, and instead of going back up i mindesley went straight on and fell down the shaft (got a nice ring out of it though!) made my way up back up fighting along the way, misdirected my jump twice (but somehow survived - sniper crossbow!). Eventually got my 12 k souls back . Phew.

Anyway. Just brought a couple of longswords. I'm going to direct each one on a different upgrade path and just see what happens. Got a magic sword +5, and a +5 normal. So need a couple more in time.

One thing though, i'm at +5 on my magic longsword, but can't upgrade no more, its not even appearing in my upgrade/reinforce bit to see what i need. i think i got what it is (blue titane chunks?), but can't do no more? Or is that one ready to ascend to a further level?
  • Architect_z 5 Oct 2012 13:35:47 2,302 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - I found the wiki states most weapons you enchant are 'A' scaling. How can the magic ones be better? Is it just because the wikis are wrong, or that magic weapons are more powerful normally?

Edited by Architect_z at 13:37:33 05-10-2012
  • Elathron 5 Oct 2012 13:53:17 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - The stat scaling is ever so slightly different... Magic weapons scale ST/DEX slightly better whereas enchanted weapons scale their magic damage better. That seems to be the crucial difference; annoyingly there are differing levels of "A, B, etc" so you could safely say that magic weapons scale int. A- whereas exnchanted ones scale int. A++

The differences in physical damage are similarly affected, magic would be - and enchanted -- if that makes sense.

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 13:54:11 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    So established a shortcut now. Made a right meal out of getting the cage key and coming back. I jumped over fine, but coming back to the bonfire i missed directed my jump and died, so respawned, and i went to kill the magic snake dude as per usual for a easy 500souls, and instead of going back up i mindesley went straight on and fell down the shaft (got a nice ring out of it though!) made my way up back up fighting along the way, misdirected my jump twice (but somehow survived - sniper crossbow!). Eventually got my 12 k souls back . Phew.

Anyway. Just brought a couple of longswords. I'm going to direct each one on a different upgrade path and just see what happens. Got a magic sword +5, and a +5 normal. So need a couple more in time.

One thing though, i'm at +5 on my magic longsword, but can't upgrade no more, its not even appearing in my upgrade/reinforce bit to see what i need. i think i got what it is (blue titane chunks?), but can't do no more? Or is that one ready to ascend to a further level?
    Now you've got it at +5, you need a certain ember to get it to +6, and then you can use larger chunks (or a certain colour depending on the upgrade you want) to get it to 10. Then you'll need another certain ember to get it to 11, and then larger chunks to take it to 15.

note that certain paths will stop at 10. I think it's only the 'normal' upgrade that goes to 15.

In fact, this isn't really spoilery, and will help everyone -

• Architect_z 5 Oct 2012 14:18:37 2,302 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - Ah ha, I'm basically pure magic, so enchanted is my best bet then as i'm not putting really anything into STR or DEX
  • mcmothercruncher 5 Oct 2012 14:19:36 5,727 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it wrong that I feel like masturbating furiously to diagrams like that?
  • Puppaz 5 Oct 2012 14:19:55 303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got through to knight artorias in the new area, fought once and narrowly lost, but now whenever I return to him he's disappeared. I get the health bar, two fog gates, and nothing else. Bug? Can't see anything online about it. Luckily I have homeward otherwise of be stuck
  • Elathron 5 Oct 2012 14:33:38 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - You'll need dex, m8. 40 dex max to be precise, as this is the magic number for fast spell casting. You'll possibly want it for weapons to buff with CMW as well.
    Someone said you can infinitely level up on this game - not true. The max stats are 99 for all of them, so the max level is between 704 & 711.

• Architect_z 5 Oct 2012 14:40:22 2,302 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - Cheers dude, gonna pump dex.
    Isnt it abit wierd that casting speed is faster if you increase dex? Its almost another reason not to do a strength/magic or strength/faith build?

Edited by Architect_z at 14:40:48 05-10-2012
  • Puppaz 5 Oct 2012 14:40:42 303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Never mind, seems quitting restarting fixed it
  • quadfather 5 Oct 2012 14:41:22 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Is it wrong that I feel like masturbating furiously to diagrams like that?
    I'd actually like it laminated

• mcmothercruncher 5 Oct 2012 14:44:19 5,727 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not just me then. Just checking ;)
  • Elathron 5 Oct 2012 14:47:11 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - Yeah, I agree! Dex is the only stat that fits into any build comfortably IMO. I would say that the dex/magic build is slightly more deadly than the faith one because the magics are slightly more useful in a pinch. For a start you can pewpew at bosses to your heart's content, and it makes farming the more dangerous enemies slightly easier (namely the tit. demon on the bridge leading to Iz).

• Architect_z 5 Oct 2012 16:45:21 2,302 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron - Problem is, I love strength/faith classes in Dark Souls, I love using miracles and and big weapons. Problem with Dark souls is, that better weapons seem to scale with Dex or have a high dex required stat. You get the casting advantage with Dex, and a dex/pyro is deadly at almost any level. I kinda wish the equipment load stat was raised by the strength stat, that means only strength character could wear massive armour. But thats my opinion. Also a seperate stat for pyro, because pyro is very useful considering you need no 'qualification' to use it, if that makes sense. ^_^

Edited by Architect_z at 16:50:21 05-10-2012
  • Elathron 5 Oct 2012 17:00:58 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - Agreed. Although Pyro becomes almost redundant in NG++, it just doesn't deal enough damage and the 2 slot thingy is very restrictive for the ultimate spells :(
    Strength should also do up equip load, I think the 2 should be a conjoined stat for boosting the equip load. Strength is no good without stamina in any scenario!

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 17:19:08 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fucking drop you fucking bastard balder sword!!!!

• mcmothercruncher 5 Oct 2012 17:27:49 5,727 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, I forgot to mention. They patched the Balder Sword out.
  • Rusty_M 5 Oct 2012 18:46:43 4,351 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just had a great few hours play at around SL 22, killing the Capra and the butterfly with my Balder Side Sword. Lost 5 humanity, human state and around 48k souls to the hydra, Gutted!

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Page

of 1190 First / Last