Dark Souls Page 599

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• quadfather 4 Oct 2012 13:02:59 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Which reminds me Dan, I'm going to use some of velka's set this playthrough - some of that armour looks vitally badass :)

Edited by quadfather at 13:07:00 04-10-2012

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 4 Oct 2012 13:19:36 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @joelstinton - The tree is right at the bottom. If you go left from the BT bonfire towards the swamp leeches (that drop green titanite shards for the most part), you should see a big tree with path leading up to it from one if its oversized roots. You literally can't miss it. But you can miss the illusory walls that hide its inner secrets...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 13:21:01
    Ahh ok. I've been up the main trunk, and a patehtic little wooden shield was in there! thanks! :)
  • quadfather 4 Oct 2012 13:23:54 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Ahh ok. I've been up the main trunk, and a patehtic little wooden shield was in there! thanks! :)
    And again, be very careful going forward :)

• Rusty_M 4 Oct 2012 13:25:51 4,352 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I started a new build last night due to this game seeming to lie about the Steam cloud. It seemed very busy on PC in the undead burg and parish last night. I kept getting extra estus from the bonfire.

I had my first invasion, but think the invader was a good sport. I wasn't in the mood for PVP, so ran away to face the Taurus demon. He didn't bother to give chase.

I was surprised at how easily I progressed. It took me a lot more time and more leveling to reach the gargoyles the first time. It only took me a couple of hours last night. It really goes to show that player skill matters at least as much as stats.

I'm gutted to read on the last page that the balder side sword is very rare. That an a rapier dropped in the Undead Parish for me, and I was loving that combination on my last character. It looks like I'll be hard pushed to get it again for some time.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• quadfather 4 Oct 2012 13:32:41 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think it's Rare, not very rare. And as Dan says, with 10 humanity and the covetous gold ring, I reckon it'll start to drop

I'm going to keep going for it with 10 humanity only and just farm the parish. I'll let you all know how many runs it takes

• Elathron 4 Oct 2012 13:41:56 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @joelstinton - There's far more than a wooden shield in/down there! If you want warnings for the area (major spoilers):

Where you picked up the shield, hit the wall behind - it will go back and reveal more loot. Again, hit the wall behind this and another route will open up. There's 8/10 crystal lizrds (harmless loot droppers), 9 basilisks, 3 giant mushrooms and some very long falls in the tree. Most important thing - TREAD CAREFULLY. At the bottom there is another bonfire on a beach - I won't spoil the next area.

Edited by Elathron at 13:44:23 04-10-2012

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 13:44:15
    look forward to exploring it later. again, thanks.
  • quadfather 4 Oct 2012 13:44:19 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @joelstinton - There's far more than a wooden shield in/down there! If you want warnings for the area (major spoilers):

Where you picked up the shield, hit the wall behind - it will go back and reveal more loot. Again, hit the wall behind this and another route will open up. There's 8/10 crystal lizrds (harmless loot droppers), 9 basilisks, 3 giant mushrooms and some very long falls in the tree. Most important thing - TREAD CAREFULLY. At the bottom there is another bonfore on a beach - I won't spoil the next area.
    And if you can get through here without falling once, I'll buy you a pint

• Lotos8ter 4 Oct 2012 15:07:53 2,325 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll say one thing for invaders on PC - they know where the fucking "bow" button is.

/dies

Fiat Lux

• Dangerous_Dan 4 Oct 2012 15:15:33 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - So more respect is shown than on consoles?

Although I have to say that recently invasions and helping people out yield more positive feedback and not many gesture spams.

Looks like most of the knobs have moved on. Now if only we could keep the reasonable people playing... ;)

**PD, why did you borrow your copy of DS to a friend? Sacrilege!**

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 15:18:56 04-10-2012
  • Lotos8ter 4 Oct 2012 15:53:42 2,325 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - so far yes, but like celebrity marriages, it won't last :-P

I'm currently stuck on the new areas bosses but there's some great content in there.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 4 Oct 2012 15:56:55 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If I wanted a sneak peak at the new content, where do I go? I don't care if I'm underlevelled - I just want to look at it

• Elathron 4 Oct 2012 15:57:59 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather - Duke's, then where you free Dusk.

• Dangerous_Dan 4 Oct 2012 16:05:14 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They lowered the pre-order price for the PS3 edition on amazon again to 20 quids. That sounds reasonable enough for me :)
  • Elathron 4 Oct 2012 16:13:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - And for the Xbox version too. £20? That means. NO MAP :*(

• Lotos8ter 4 Oct 2012 16:14:59 2,325 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    If I wanted a sneak peak at the new content, where do I go? I don't care if I'm underlevelled - I just want to look at it
    Epicnamebro has some playthrough videos of it but I strongly advise against looking at them.
    You need the Lordvessel placed before you can think about accessing it (also need to free Dusk and kill the Hydra) so its mid game ish.
    Its definitely a big step up in difficulty, took my kickarse Pyro Warrior down there 40 DEX/36 END with a +15 Uchigatana and I'm getting owned by some of the bosses. Need more Vitality

Fiat Lux

• Dangerous_Dan 4 Oct 2012 16:21:30 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron Could be worse, like £40 and no map. ;)
  • quadfather 4 Oct 2012 17:13:21 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see, thanks guys. So basically, I need to do anor and dukes

Guess I'd better level up a bit first then.

@Lotos8ter - what vit has your pyro warrior got?

• Lotos8ter 4 Oct 2012 17:16:05 2,325 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only the very start of Dukes.

Vitality was 14/16 now its 21. I tend to cover for low vitality with high endurance and a decent shield but I'm getting owned by these new bosses. Not used to their moves yet.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 4 Oct 2012 17:17:58 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fair do's.

Well, I'm only at the parish, so it's quite a way for me yet

• mcmothercruncher 4 Oct 2012 17:53:35 5,735 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No matey, the big structure is another way in, via The Depths. It's well worth exploring extensively up there as the loot is tasty, including a light and very useable greatshield, the iaito and a whip. There's a lot of (toxic) pain up there too... shield up!

The area referred to is left as you leave the bonfire at the base of Blighttown, directly past the base of said structure.
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Oct 2012 17:54:58 5,735 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ... oh, v late with that advice. Bloody hate browsing on the phone :p
  • asha 4 Oct 2012 19:04:53 1,990 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want to play this game on the 360, should I buy the standard edition now or wait for the Prepare to Die Edition to be released and get that?

Will all of the Prepare to Die Edition's content be available to buy through DLC? I don't want to buy the standard edition and then find out that there's content for the game which I'll never be able to acquire.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Dangerous_Dan 4 Oct 2012 19:11:35 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @asha You can preorder the Prepare to die edition for about 20 quid at amazon. It will release on october 26th.

Additional content is added. I'd say it makes the game bigger by about 10 to 15%. The quality of the content is very good.

I think the DLC is confirmed.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 19:13:19 04-10-2012
  • quadfather 4 Oct 2012 20:25:31 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok. With 10 humanity in human form with a item discovery rate of 210, I've just done 7 runs of the balder knights in the parish. Starting from firelink lift, kill the 3 in the main hall, go outside and left and kill the lone one, then the one guarding the shield and finish off with the one on the stairs as if you were on your way to the gargoyles. Can't be arsed with the one upstairs as it takes too long to hack through the zombies. Total of 4 titanite shards, 3 sets of various armour and shield pieces and bugger all side swords. Not giving up though, I'm going to do about another 20-30 runs and review it from tjere. Each run takes about 3-4 mins at a guess

• Deleted user 4 October 2012 22:28:15
    Fuck. i just 'discovered the soul farming technique at Astoria Garden. I was on ign, having a look at the guide. Wasn't sure where to go, and i read through a couple of pages. They literally put this technique in their walkthrough.

I've just used it. Farming is an understatement. Its mass production. And i feel really really guilty. i just know its there now. SCREW YOU IGN!.

On a side note, i made the fatal mistake of trying to pad out my character in all directions. I need to focus more on DEX/Intellgience now i think.
  • Rusty_M 4 Oct 2012 22:32:20 4,352 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather I must be lucky. I certainly did fewer than 7 runs. I now have a Balder Side Sword (+4) and I only had 5 humanity at the most, and was hollow (if that makes any difference to item discovery.

• quadfather 5 Oct 2012 08:32:01 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Rusty_M - its not fair! I did another 10 runs last night and still Zippo on the swords. Did you get yours from the parish area? Don't suppose you can remember which knight it was can you?

• Rusty_M 5 Oct 2012 09:16:15 4,352 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Rusty_M - its not fair! I did another 10 runs last night and still Zippo on the swords. Did you get yours from the parish area? Don't suppose you can remember which knight it was can you?
    It was either one of the three in the main hall or the guy on the stairs.

• Page

of 1190 First / Last