Dark Souls Page 593

• Page

of 1194 First / Last

• Red_Bool 28 Sep 2012 09:09:52 1,173 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @AcidSnake - If I would have killed them then that would explain it - but I didn't...
  • BeheretiK 28 Sep 2012 09:10:28 883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    @Red_Bool:
    Some simply don't respawn...

Did they ever fix the lemmings glitch in the forest there?
    Nope, you can still farm souls quite easily there! :-)

Edited by BeheretiK at 09:11:15 28-09-2012

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• Dangerous_Dan 28 Sep 2012 09:17:29 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Red_Bool

Guys that respawn or should: sorcerer, thief, monk, barbarian.
    Guys that don't respawn: Pharis the archer, Shiva the samurai and his Ninja bodyguard, two knights wearing the ring of fog and being translucent.
    That should be it besides Alvina the cat.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 09:18:21 28-09-2012
  • AcidSnake 28 Sep 2012 09:27:08 7,214 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Red_Bool:
    Yeah, they sometimes throw themselves into the nearby ravine out of desperation...Ever had a sudden surge of souls without having killed anyone in that area?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 28 September 2012 09:43:04
    Red_Bool wrote:
    To anyone who didn't know yet: buying the Crest of Astoria is one of the best choices you can make in this game - well worth the souls! Spent about an hour yesterday grinding a bit in the forest and went from SL43 to SL49 (and it really didn't feel like grinding either :)).

I just brought this actually.

After the gargoyle boss i used the 10000 souls to level up, and then went to the blacksmith to see the key there for 20000 souls! DOH! But it didn't take me long to get the 20000 i needed. Just sort of figuring out where to go now.

I went down into the basin, killed some of the ice rocks, but had balls of water thrown at me. So, turned back and went downwards killed the knight, and ran into the blue birds. They were quite hard to break down, so turned round and went towards the gate of astoria, opened it, and struggled to contain the amount of trees that come at you.

So decided to go back to undead berg and ran into the carpa demon. what a bastard.

Guess i will settle on something soon!
  • JonFE 28 Sep 2012 10:19:52 1,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    /is not addicted
    //really
    That's BS!!!
    ...and you know it :lol:
  • Architect_z 28 Sep 2012 10:31:15 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @joelstinton - In my opinion, try and kill the capra demon and go into the depths before bothering with the forest. Depths is abit easier to deal with if you've not already done it.
  • mcmothercruncher 28 Sep 2012 10:46:28 6,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did you find the secret door JS? Right next to the crest door?

The Forest Covenant is ace... if you like fairly high level pvp. It seems to be the place higher levels... some of them glitchers and/or gankers... congregate for casual play. That sounded vaguely sexual ;)

It's a steep learning curve then, but fun, if you want to see what it's all about and gear yourself up a bit, especially mentally, because you'll probably be dying a LOT. Possibly from one shot, possibly from someone dropping at item at a cliff edge and firing a bow into your arse to knock you off as you examine it, possibly from the two other friends he has springing out from their hiding place when you least expect it... I could go on.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 10:53:53
    @Architect_z ok thanks :)
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 10:56:00
    @mcmothercruncher

the bonfire? yeah there were loads of messages around the door (none telling me to break it though. But yeah i found it :). Can tell why people level up there. I managed to kill the conjurer there, 2000 souls! until i rolled of the edge trying for that glowing item!
  • Red_Bool 28 Sep 2012 11:31:31 1,173 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @joelstinton - yep, that was the strategy for me: kill the conjurer, rest at bonfire, rinse, repeat until level up - then venture a little further when I felt confident enough (and didn't have too many souls to loose) and repeat the whole thing, taking out the bandit and cleric as well (5000 souls between the 3 of 'em).

Btw the mushroom men are cute - was very much inclined to jump on their heads ;) I was actually feeling bad for killing them and would have probably left them alone if they didn't drop gold pine resin
  • mcmothercruncher 28 Sep 2012 11:43:18 6,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the Mushroom men may be my favourite characters in the whole game, so cute the way they walk and sound. Hit like a frigging train though!

There is a way to grind souls in that area that is somewhat cheaty but extremely profitable. Read on if you dare...

Run into the area and head up toward where the cat lives. Don't hang about, you want all of the enemies there to chase you, but obviously not catch up with you- they'll swamp you and stun lock you to buggery. Head up until you've razzed up the barbarian looking guy near the door and then double back toward the crest door.
    As you head down mix sprinting and jogging so that you don't leave them all behind and allow them to wander back to position. Once back at the foot of the ramp up to the crest door, when looking at it, head to the ramps immediate right and stand on the thin shelf next to it, right at the end. For whatever reason, they don't follow you out onto that shelf. Get your shield up and wait. The mobs should dither a bit and then will run up the ramp and jump onto... and over... your head before falling to their deaths. At which point it's SOUL TIME. Occasionally, they'll land on the ledge next to you, try to lock on to them and boot them off.
    If you run roughly in a rectangle- up to door, 90 degrees right and across and then 90 degrees right again and back down you should catch them all. Wear the Covetous Silver ring if you have it for even more souls. So, yeah, a bit cheaty, but I admit I've done it a few times when I needed a push for a couple of levels to equip something or other...
  • AcidSnake 28 Sep 2012 11:55:29 7,214 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've used that farm cheat only once back when absolution was your SL times 2000 instead of 500...Didn't know joining a new covenant would make you sin against the other...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Architect_z 28 Sep 2012 13:08:37 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Red_Bool - Killing innocent shroom-people! How could you!? Your a monster..........wait a second.......gold pine resin!? Sweeeeeet!

I'm gonna farm the f*** out of those shrooms tonght
  • Red_Bool 28 Sep 2012 13:27:09 1,173 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    @Red_Bool:
    Yeah, they sometimes throw themselves into the nearby ravine out of desperation...Ever had a sudden surge of souls without having killed anyone in that area?
    Now that you mention it, I all of a sudden did end up with 5 humanity in the top-left corner...
  • Architect_z 28 Sep 2012 13:51:44 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can anyone give me an idea as to what the best Strength weapon is? I'm currently using Taurus Demon Axe, but i've been told the Dragon King Great Axe is really good? As well as one of the clubs?
    On my first playthrough I used the Dragon Tooth and then Grant, which were both amazing weapons.
    But i'm after a pure strength character this time.

Edited by Architect_z at 14:03:04 28-09-2012
  • senso-ji 28 Sep 2012 13:55:18 5,791 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The regular Great Axe is great - it actually does almost as much damage as the Taurus Demon Axe at +15, but needs much lower stats to wield.
  • Deleted user 28 September 2012 14:00:49
    Just had my coming up for air moment.

Christ.

I defeated the capra demon. So went on down into the depths. Fell done a shaft where the cook is, just behind the table with slabs of meat on. Fell down a massive shaft again. (not sure how i didn't die). It felt like a cruel throw of the die. Thrown to the pits and told 'Get out of this bitch'. I was really disorientated. Panic! Instead of exploring i had to get out. That was my first aim. I eventually made my way back up. So many rooms, even found my self in a catacomb place where i noticed another set of stairs leading of somewhere.

So now back at the main shrine. Going to stock up on some firebombs and arrows and heading back, taking the right route down - noticed you can get to the way down by going through the butressess.

But picked up some cool stuff. That spiderman shield. And a ring that absorbs health from fallen enemies. Killed a giant motherfucking rat and wanted to eat shrooms with the toads. Can't wait to get back down there!

Also, i can see myself levelling up quite a bit down there. Decent souls for enemies ratio and they are not to hard atm.

Edited by joelstinton at 14:02:49 28-09-2012
  • Architect_z 28 Sep 2012 14:08:33 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @joelstinton - Hahahaha, yeh the depths are kinda odd like that. I fell down so many holes I don't know how I ever made it out of that place.
    You can roll over most of the holes. Be sure to cut the tail.

You'll get a key to a new area if you manage to find your way through the depths. Before using the key, might be worth going back to the forest for a bit to stock up on clumps

Edited by Architect_z at 14:10:16 28-09-2012
  • JonFE 28 Sep 2012 14:19:36 1,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @joelstinton

A word of advice: don't let the toads swarm and spew you, unless you don't mind getting cursed!
  • Architect_z 28 Sep 2012 14:31:42 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @senso-ji - Thanks dude, I like the look of the Demon's Axe thing.
    I'm gonna try the dragon king great axe out. I just dont want to use the BK Great axe. I looks like something out of a cartoon
  • DUFFKING 28 Sep 2012 14:39:16 7,091 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TAAAAAAARKUUUUUUUUUUUS never gets old

http://youtu.be/dbHtRggFsNA
  • mcmothercruncher 28 Sep 2012 16:55:28 6,451 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha! I've never seen that before. Love the reaction.

And the green tights.
  • Widge Moderator 28 Sep 2012 19:03:44 13,260 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dukes Archives: stop raining fucking soul arrow on my head.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Elathron 28 Sep 2012 20:27:31 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What Widge said :p Oh, and stop hitting me in the head with crystal arrows too - especially when I'm perched on a ledge.

Edited by Elathron at 20:27:44 28-09-2012

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Widge Moderator 29 Sep 2012 00:50:19 13,260 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bitchfaces

Got up close and personal with seath. Bit of a mistake really. Was doing ok with two helpers there.

Gone back to painted world as it is a great grinding place.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Puppaz 29 Sep 2012 01:05:16 319 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just rediscovered my love for this after getting the PC port. Hate this windows live stuff or whatever it is though.
    Oh and if the person who helped me slay the Capra demon after a hilarious 10 minute fight is reading this, thanks, and I wasn't ignoring your chat request, it just broke or something.

Trying some form of faith build this play through, never really used miracles before in the game.
  • StixxUK 29 Sep 2012 11:57:02 7,231 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rah, just beat the Taurus Demon and got the Drake Sword.

Really starting to enjoy the game although I've got a long way to go before I've got all the mechanics understood!
  • BeheretiK 29 Sep 2012 12:08:02 883 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice work StixxUK, you are well on the path now! Don't worry about getting all the mechanics now - I am almost on 100 hours on my first playthrough and I am still picking up new stuff all the time.

I have had a productive evening last night killing Fours Kings, Demon Firesage & Centipede thingy. And followed it up this morning with Bed of Chaos which was a pain - not hard per say just a little annoying. Still, got all lord souls now. Also, while at Demon Ruins, I got the fire and chaos embers, so now before delivering the final soul to the Lord Vessel, I want to upgrade my fire katana. Question to you fine expert folk - should I stay base fire or is it better going for Chaos? From what I have read on base stats, a full upgraded fire weapon will do more damage than chaos, but with 10 humanity the chaos will out perform the fire. Please decide for me! :-)

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• Deleted user 29 September 2012 13:13:34
    Just defeated the Gaping Dragon. Took me a few goes, wasn't overally hard, but it just a matter of executing a plan. Nice bumper of souls from him too. So used it to level up after wasting 15k on the very shiny glorious armour from the merchant in the sewers. Also defeated my first Invader which i got 15k from!

Had a mild panic. I got caught up in the Gaping Dragon vomit, which crippled my weapons and armour. Even though i had a repair box, i still ran to the blacksmith by the church to get it all my stuff repaired - i guess the souls earnt on the way paid for that.

Stupidly, i'd only been reparing my weapons, and hadn't even considered that my armour needed doing as well. So quite expensive repair job i had to do. Also handed over my ember, so i need to read up on that, and start crafting some weapons. On my way there, the covenant in the chapel had some guests, a white robed women and two guards. Interested to see how that plans out.

I now won't be able to play this till monday night! What am i going to do!
  • Page

of 1194 First / Last