Dark Souls Page 463

• Page

of 1217 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 21 Apr 2012 08:14:03 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Heh, yeah I always feel a little sorry for them. Time for some relaxing this weekend and a little work but hope to get it on soon again. After NG+ runs we should move to NG++ and beyond.
  • Lotos8ter 21 Apr 2012 08:16:10 2,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @richardiox - I don't really recommend it but you can get all the different weapon achievements/trophies in one playthrough. You still need one of each slab.

Normal - Stray Demon or Siegmeyers NPC path
    Blue - Down that invisible path in the Caves
    Red - Lost izalith basement thing
    White - TotG near Nito

you also need the Weapon Smithbox from a Blacksmith so you can reinforce your own weapons at a bonfire.

You need to reinforce one of each weapon down each path until you get to the Slab stage. Using Fire/Chaos as an example, you might have a Fire Uchigatana +9 and a Chaos Halberd +4. Whilst at the bonfire, put the red slab on the Chaos halberd to make it +5, wait for the achievement to pop and then turn your Xbox off without backing out of the menu(double check the autosave flame isn't lit in the top right hand corner though). Then load your game back up and stick the same slab on the Fire Uchi to make it +10.
    Basically the game only autosaves once you come out of the bonfire menu, so you can make the Slabs go a bit further and not waste them. You can get some weapons, like the Enchanted Falchion, Occult Club, Crystal Halberd without needing the embers which saves a lot of Titanite. Raw weapons only need large titanite, not Slabs so make that your first one.

Fiat Lux

• Gitsmith 21 Apr 2012 12:11:12 218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hax
  • Gitsmith 21 Apr 2012 13:33:01 218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As much as i like this game, the PvP is so bad, that i'd rather it didn't exist. I've had some fun with it, but its such a mixed bag of backstabs and awful latency that the game would be a better one without it.

Subtlety and skill? nah

'Wrath of the Gods' and swinging for the fences? yeah.

All invaders wear virtually nothing, and sprint past you for a one-shot. Whether you actually hit them at all has nothing to do with you. Just swing, and spamm and hope for the best.

Its poop.
  • quadfather 21 Apr 2012 14:15:53 13,146 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dan + PD - I've not had much of a chance to get back on it this week, but if you're approaching ng++, I can bring out my 125 that's almost done ng+ if you want a hand?

I'll load up my 70/80's at some point too and check where they're at

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• matrim83 21 Apr 2012 14:58:34 5,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aww fuck me. The mimic in Sens fortress was supposed to drop a lightning spear. But he died after I died (crushed by a boulder) so I got no XP, no lightning spear and he doesnt respawn. :(

Valar morghulis.

• Lotos8ter 21 Apr 2012 16:37:58 2,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @matrim83 Exact same thing happened to me - somewhere about 200 pages back I came on here to "WAH" about it.

Its a good weapon but you're not far from where you can make your own Lightning weapons and I really wouldn't worry about it. Keep going baby.

Fiat Lux

• puddleduck 21 Apr 2012 18:05:44 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, fuck the lightning spear :) That and the Drake Sword are overrated :)
  • matrim83 21 Apr 2012 18:29:28 5,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I will get over it. My regular spear is +7 anyway so I can always up that to a lightning spear. It still sucks though.

So now I am in Anor Lando after beating the boss of Sen's fortress. How long before I get to go back or see a blacksmith?

Also gotta say, co op makes bosses a cakewalk TBH. With the Sens fortress boss, I didnt even bother trying to attack as my guest just destroyed him in like half a minute.

Edited by matrim83 at 18:35:46 21-04-2012

Valar morghulis.

• Deleted user 21 April 2012 18:42:32
    Quick question: are the skeletons in the Catacombs meant to die eventually. I fact, for a few runs through there, the skeletons weren't dying ever. Just get getting up after doing there death routine. Then another run later and they were dying and staying dead. On that same last run, I had a skeleton at the ledge looking towards the waterfall, and he just would not stay down. Is there anything I've got to do ?

Edited by oldgregg at 18:46:28 21-04-2012
  • teamHAM 21 Apr 2012 20:07:55 3,116 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Real noob question here, just got this and have been made to believe that no matter what class I choose to start I'll be able to mould it which ever way I want later on.

Is that true? If so would it be sensible to choose Thief (even if I want to be a magic user or whatever) for the master key and choose another gift? If so which one? Is it essential to get Old Witches Ring, Twin Humanities or Pendant?

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Lotos8ter 21 Apr 2012 20:30:22 2,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Matrim83 - not long, there's a Blacksmith in the main part of AL, just be ready to scream in rage a bit first...

@Oldgregg - a divine weapon will put any skellie down for good until you rest at a bonfire. If you aren't using a divine weapon and there's a Pyromancer nearby (even on another level/out of sight), then the skellies will respawn indefinitely until you take the Pyro out - so make them your priority. Its well worth making a divine weapon for the Catacombs.

@TeamHAM - yes that's true. Pyromancer is a popular choice. Knight/Bandit are also good choices as a melee class with good starting Vitality & Endurance that will cover for your early mistakes. The Master Key is the best gift.
    Have a go with the thief but if you struggle, switch to another character and come back better prepared.

Fiat Lux

• JonFE 22 Apr 2012 01:07:32 1,455 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just put Bed of Chaos to sleep; boy, I'm on fire :lol:
  • Gitsmith 22 Apr 2012 01:32:47 218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM As far as i know, the Witches Ring allows you to talk to certain characters that ordinarily you wouldn't be able to. And as for the Pendant; no one knows, though in a recent interview with one of the games developers it was touted to be the most important. It seems to be one of the games-as yet-undiscovered secrets.
  • matrim83 22 Apr 2012 09:13:16 5,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OMG the Anor lando archers. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!@$#!@$

Valar morghulis.

• corstick 22 Apr 2012 09:15:59 3,263 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Being backstabbed by a vase is quite unsettling.
  • matrim83 22 Apr 2012 10:48:27 5,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Made it past the archers. Died like 30 times. Then finally gave up and decided to summon for help.

The guys I summoned absolutely destroyed everyone. Only problem was I had no way to light the bonfire AFTER getting past the archers. And then of course I got invaded. And killed.

So I tried again and quit right after I got past the archers. Felt really cheap on the guys I had summoned so sent them an apology. But I made it. YAY!

Valar morghulis.

• Mr_Sleep 22 Apr 2012 11:24:12 17,285 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's like some kind of gaming right of passage that we will talk about in years to come. It does get easier with experience though. It only took four tries the last time I did it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• puddleduck 22 Apr 2012 12:55:54 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do it first time now thanks to DD :)

Watched him do it so many times, so easily and it's really not too tough.

Once you learn you can roll through the arrows and then just parry him when he takes his sword out, it's not too tough. Shame about the hours of pain first haha

@Matrim83. You should have a black seperation crystal that allows you to send phantoms you've summoned home :)
  • JonFE 22 Apr 2012 21:07:38 1,455 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Tomb of the Giants is doing my head in :evil: I've just reached the first bonfire and I keep getting lost or beat to a pulp by those stupid skeletons and the knight...

Edited by JonFE at 21:08:14 22-04-2012
  • puddleduck 22 Apr 2012 21:55:15 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a hellish area first time. Once you get the hang of it, you can pretty much run through most of the bit that's in the dark :)
  • Deleted user 23 April 2012 06:42:37
    @Lotos8ter Cheers for the heads-up.

I've decided to try and make my way back out of the catacombs as it seems to be one of the nastiest places to be stuck if you aren't making much headway (which I'm not). I fell to the bottom level at one point (and survived), getting a small preview of the area but still haven't seen the boss.

Having said that I don't seem to be tough enough to finish any of the 5 or 6 bosses/areas that I've come across. I think the only place to head back to now is the bridge on the waters of New Londo Ruins, as I realised I had something to "interact" with the ghosts (gained I think when I accidentally killed the sorceror near the Capra Dragon).
  • Dangerous_Dan 23 Apr 2012 06:58:09 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @oldgregg I don't recommend trying to do the New Londo Ruins area. Not without an advanced weapon, and a special item, actually even two special items.
    Did you already do the butterfly area in the forest? If you have a good magic shield and some magical ranged attack or pyromancy then it's probably the easiest fight in the game.

Did you find the boss of Blighttown in its domain? That's also a good place to continue and eventually a gate shall open for you to proceed.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 07:02:26 23-04-2012
  • Buztafen 23 Apr 2012 09:17:09 16,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally finished my first playthrough. Took my time to uncover ever last secret i could. Still a couple of covenants i need to join in NG+.

I was SL75 in the end and kinda proud that i killed ever boss (except O+S...the bastards) single handedly. Gwyn was my bitch though it took a couple of attempts to learn his moves.

Stepped straight into NG+ and im already at Capra, might go an alternate route and take on Sif and the 4 Kings.

Question, if i found someone with spare Sif/Gwyn souls, would i be able to trade with them if they were summoned into my game?
  • Deleted user 23 April 2012 09:34:04
    @Dangerous_Dan Thanks for the advice. Its a shame that New Londo Ruins might be too tough for me too. I'm a bit lost after that as I don't have any magic or pyro (I'm a big dumb Knight with lots of str, end, vit, and a bit of dex). I do have a wand though :-) so maybe I'll go and experiment with that a bit. As for Blighttown - haven't come across it yet.

Have explored but not completed Catacombs, New Londo Ruins up to the bridge (not done much of it I gather), the Depths (found the little crocodile that turned into a big scary thing - when I first saw its snout we were like, "that isn't going to be too hard to kick in to shape" and when it fully emerged we were pissing ourselves laughing at our mistake), DR Basin (can easily sort out the knights and get to the butterfly but thats it), DR Forest (just opened the door with the Crest and nearly made it along the cliff edge to a building but then got mobbed).
    Still loving it though :)

Edited by oldgregg at 12:59:07 23-04-2012
  • AcidSnake 23 Apr 2012 09:36:17 7,289 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After weeks of wanting to get back to this I finally did...

Drained New Londo (what a beautiful example of storytelling through level design) took everything it threw at me and then ran into 4 dudes who didn't like me running around in their garden of black nothingness...
    So I kindled a bonfire to 20 (Anor Londo as I have accidentally consumed the Firelink Shrine firekeeper's soul) and went back for more...Found a summon sign (not used to this as I'm almost always hollow) called the guy in question and we went down to kick some ass...Got them down thanks mainly to this guy's ludicrously overpowered sword only to have him die on me 2 seconds from the end...
    Sent him a thank you...

Onwards to the Crystal Caves! Had fun exploring the invisible pathway to the blue slab and subsequently not really managing to get back :)
    Did eventually though and got myself summoned three times before I tried Seath by myself...Took me 3 tries and one purging stone...(Forgot I had the cursebite ring)...

So here are my inevitable questions:
    - One of the dudes who summoned me had a huge head...Not dragon or anything, rather a huge bandaged blob (easily as tall as me)...Is this one of those egg infestations? I wanted to drop some vermifuge but the dude just ran towards Seath never looking back or fighting enemies on the way...
    - In New Londo I broke the seal and took the elevator down right next to it, got to 4 Kings from there and the second time followed a dude down some cliffs...I remember another elevator there though that I didn't take...Am I missing something if I don't go back to check it out?
    Like the Darkwraith covenant or something?

- Any tips on where I can find Red Titanite Chunks? Got my Claymore up to +8 fire and would like some more...Also does it scale with anything?
    - Any reason you can warp back to the Abyss?

Lots of noob question but I've been gone a while :)

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• LeoliansBro 23 Apr 2012 09:37:08 44,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus tittyfucking! Managed to kill a bunch of tossers yesterday including the Hydra, the butterfly and some big squid thing in Blighttown, which is initially terrifying.

Climbed up the Hydra's waterfall and there's some mental superfast giant catratmonster at the top, fuck that guy!

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AcidSnake 23 Apr 2012 09:43:28 7,289 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @LB:
    It gets worse...
    It's not just one...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Elathron 23 Apr 2012 09:50:56 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @AcidSnake - what covenant are you in? Mr V and I had trouble with summoning at the weekend as we were in conflicting covenants? Also what build/level is your character as that'd help when donating items over!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Page

of 1217 First / Last