Ninja Gaiden 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 18:29:06 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hack and slash sequel Ninja Gaiden 3 was shown behind closed doors at the Tokyo Game Show today.

Japanese publisher Tecmo Koei took the lid off of the game with a solitary image, VideoGamer.com reports.

Apparently we'll see series star Ryo Hayabusa's more human side, and discover more about him.

It's also a more violent and bloody experience, although we can't possibly imagine how. The image below holds clues.

The report suggests Ryo, like so many videogame characters these days, will be visiting hell and kicking ass.

No release date or platforms were mentioned.

The announcement comes as no surprise. Last year Team Ninja's new boss Yosuke Hayashi promised Ninja Gaiden would return - and that it would do so as a multi-platform game.

"We feel that we're in a position of being able to make that call, and to provide pure entertainment that's going to be enjoyed by action gamers and our fans," he said. "That calling is already there - we feel it, and therefore we will continue to work towards a future for the series."

- EG

We knew it was coming, and a reveal on the same day as emo-Dante is quite refreshing.
  • ParanoidZombie 15 Sep 2010 18:42:55 9 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate to be that guy, but I hope they don't dumb it down. It's an old school, hardcore gamer franchise, it has next to no mass market appeal, I just hope they're not gonna try to emulate god of war (I have nothing against kratos, but GOW is to gaiden what mortal kombat is to virtua fighter).

... IMO.
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 18:47:20 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    True, and alot of people find one infinitely more fun than the other. I doubt think Team Ninja will go in a completely different direction in terms of combat mechanics (which are perfect imo), I think they'll do good on adding a decent story and fixing the camera (though it was much improved in Sigma 2).
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 18:47:21 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 18:48:55 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apparently we'll see series star Ryo Hayabusa's more human side, and discover more about him.

I wonder if they're thinking:
    -Ninja Gaiden: Other G

Samus in my Ninja Gaiden ;)
  • OllyJ 25 Oct 2010 18:30:34 3,259 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished Ninja Gaiden 2 on Mentor, so i'm so up for this.

I'd really like less boss fights and just more great arenas for battle where the environment needs to be used. Also less projectile enemies would be a relief.

bring it on!!
  • DUFFKING 25 Oct 2010 18:32:02 7,229 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The balance in terms of enemies and weapons needs a complete overhaul for this. Somethings wrong when the ONLY option to survive on the harder difficulties is often spamming cheap moves over and over.
  • Machetazo 28 Feb 2011 21:01:36 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Teaser trailer. NG3! :D more at E3
  • Trafford 28 Feb 2011 21:13:23 5,739 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Out this year? That'd be nice.
  • Syrette 4 Apr 2011 22:10:39 43,359 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Will feature MP. More accessible. Confirmed simultaneous release on 360 and PS3.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/04/ninja-gaiden-3-has-complex-multiplayer-mode-will-be-more-access/

Ninja Gaiden 3 will feature some form of multiplayer gameplay, according to an interview in the April issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine. Project lead Yosuke Hayashi characterized the mode as "complex," but didn't offer a comparison to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's online co-op missions. He noted that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions would launch at the same time, unlike past iterations in the series.

Additionally, NG3 will supposedly be more accessible to new players, while retaining the challenge that fans have come to expect from the franchise. "We know that many fans feel good about the difficulty level, but we are taking a slightly different approach," Hayashi said. "It's not that the game is going to be easier -- nothing like that. It's just that we are trying to make a whole game, a more exciting game that can be enjoyed by anyone, but at the same time, hardcore gamers will be able to feel and appreciate what the series is about."

Hayashi said that the franchise's main character, Ryu Hayabusa, will be the only playable character this time around, and that the game's story "will focus more deeply on Ryu Hayabusa's life and lifestyle and feelings and thoughts." Our first question -- how does Ryu feel about ninja dogs? And, say, giant flaming armadillos? This stuff's important!

• Deleted user 4 April 2011 22:16:02
    this will be even less like the original. :(
  • ronuds 4 Apr 2011 22:18:58 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, sounds like crap, tbh. I'm not a huge fan, but I know part of the appeal is the difficulty. Remove that and it isn't NG any more.

Without that weirdo guy making it, what'd you think was going to happen?
  • Deleted user 4 April 2011 22:24:38
    oh and the co-op on sigma 2 was fuuuckin lagy! >:p
  • King_Edward 4 Apr 2011 22:53:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It sounds like the wrong direction to take the series. Nobody bought the the first two games to see Ryu's "feelings and thoughts", They wanted to dismember demon ninjas.

I hate how little game developers think of gaming.
  • Derblington 4 Apr 2011 23:36:07 21,506 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I hate how little game developers think of gaming.
    Yeah, I agree. Why spend years of your life working on a project in an industry you dislike for an audience that you don't care about? Pricks. They should just stop, pack up and quit. That way we'll get the good stuff....
  • King_Edward 4 Apr 2011 23:40:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah that. Or stop trying to copy movies. You can read it whatever way you like.
  • Derblington 4 Apr 2011 23:46:40 21,506 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Games shouldn't have stories?
  • King_Edward 4 Apr 2011 23:57:34 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They can. Just not at the expense of the game.
  • DUFFKING 5 Apr 2011 00:00:01 7,229 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I keep having this weird temptation to go back to NGII and see if it is really as terrible as my memories of the game tell me... can't bring myself to do it though. This doesn't sound like it's going to be a lot better either to be honest but I'll wait until I see some gameplay.
  • Deleted user 25 May 2011 20:46:12
    Post deleted
  • SteveHolt 7 Jun 2011 11:51:48 425 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/715035

First gameplay trailer - bloody awful IMO.
  • AceGrace 7 Jun 2011 12:12:13 1,092 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah but, are there any tits?
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 Jun 2011 12:22:15 9,694 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SteveHolt!!! wrote:

Fucking QTEs all over the place, and what's up with all the red tentacles of light that appear everytime he performs more than one move?
  • agparrot 7 Jun 2011 12:26:12 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Strangely reminiscent of the Batman: Arkham City stuff shown yesterday. Odd.
  • SteveHolt 7 Jun 2011 12:49:07 425 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    SteveHolt!!! wrote:

Fucking QTEs all over the place, and what's up with all the red tentacles of light that appear everytime he performs more than one move?

It's the ultimate technique from NG1/2, they dumbed it down and turned it into the standard rage attack / bersek mode you see in all hack n'slash games - kill a couple enemies, your arm starts to glow, hold Y/triangle and bam, auto aimed ultimate technique. (which means no more glowing orbs to collect/manage, and no need to master on-landing techniques).

They dumbed down wall jumping and turned it into a climbing QTE mini game. Dumbed down obliteration techniques and turned them into a QTE finisher (no more dismemberments/ suicide attacks, it seems). There's a bossfight video on gametrailers, and looks like there's some woman talking to Ryu and telling him how to handle the fight.

PROGNOSIS NEGATIVE.

• MiniAmin 7 Jun 2011 12:54:10 3,393 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks crap. If ever a series reboot peaked too early, it's this one.
  • RedSparrows 7 Jun 2011 17:37:53 22,353 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    QTEs are definitely not wanted. Nor is the (very) creepy 'we want people to feel what it's like to cut into human flesh'.

No, I want to beat the challenge the game throw at me. Blood or no blood, who cares.

Let's not dismiss this entirely, but at first glance I don't think my copy of NGB has anything to fear.
  • Psychotext 7 Jun 2011 18:24:47 54,017 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh... fucking flow has completely gone from the game. QTEs can fuck right off.
  • OllyJ 9 Jun 2011 14:25:15 3,259 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    colour me VERY DISSPOINTED!
  • Rauha 16 Aug 2011 17:31:58 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh, this has fully PS Move compatibility, beat MGS Rising to the punch?
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Previous