I want new consoles dammit! Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Cappy 5 Sep 2010 21:13:35 12,115 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New console time already? I can't speak for the other platforms since I don't own them, but it seems the best of the PS3's library is yet to come.

A sequel to LittleBigPlanet which finally delivers what the first hinted at, The Last Guardian, Ni no Kuni, Disgaea 4 etc. There's plenty of games on the way which are improving on what's already available.
  • mrharvest 5 Sep 2010 21:14:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Anybody else missing them?
    Hell no! We are barely starting to get the good stuff from the current gen.

Just release some interesting games, devs!
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Sep 2010 21:14:48 9,229 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry mowgli, that phone nonsense is, well, nonsense.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:16:09
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    Sorry mowgli, that phone nonsense is, well, nonsense.
    What?
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Sep 2010 21:17:32 9,229 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mowgli - a phone cannot run a console game.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:20:06
    I never said it could? I said a phone is starting to display graphics that are up there with console games. They are only going to get better while console graphics are pretty much stagnating, just look at Fable 3.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 5 Sep 2010 21:25:10 7,782 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    phone and game plz
  • MrDigital 5 Sep 2010 21:26:25 1,866 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think when the Xbox 360, Wii or even the PS3 came out, that there was any phone capable of displaying graphics just as good as the PS2. And there certainly aren't any phones just now which can rival the Xbox, PS3 or even the Wii.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Red-Moose 5 Sep 2010 21:27:53 5,345 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    My internal body clock is telling me "NEW CONSOLE TIME!!" but no thanks to the Wii, the big boys have decided to release add-on's instead. It's been 5 years this November - The general consensus seems to be that it's a good thing, people don't want to fork over money for a new console when the current ones have yet to be maxed out wadda wadda. Well, I say bugger that - no console has ever been maxed, but come on - my gaming laptop (sic) runs the multiplatform games nicer than the consoles, it's clearly plateaued.

Anybody else missing them?

/self confessed graphics whore

2012 or thereabouts for a new one, maybe.
  • AaronTurner 5 Sep 2010 21:28:12 7,886 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Most of these phones cost a lot more than a console and they aren't yet at console levels, I'm not sure it's an indication of needing a next generation of consoles. Also, phones are always going to develop quicker due to people being tied into 18 month contracts and then upgrading with a new contract, it's a money making scheme.
  • LionheartDJH 5 Sep 2010 21:30:34 19,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PhoenixFlames wrote:
    @ mowgli - a phone cannot run a console game.

Resident Evil 4 says hai!

Though in seriousness where are these phones that can produce 360/PS3 level graphics? Are you pimping Apple products again mowgli? ;)

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:32:24
    No one seen the Epic Citadel vids?! If this current gen lasts as long as people are suggesting in this thread then phone game graphics will indeed be as good before the gen ends. The Epic Citadel demo shows how incredibly close they are already.
  • LionheartDJH 5 Sep 2010 21:34:11 19,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I will seek out this Epic Citadel of which you speak. I honestly don't keep up to date on phones because I don't care for them much, but I wouldn't believe that even the latest phones could produce HD graphics on a par with the current gen consoles.

• Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:36:46
    Yeah, look on YouTube or even the front page. You will be very surprised :)
  • teh_MBK 5 Sep 2010 21:39:01 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Issue here is 4G is on the way, as in next couple of years, so chances are we wont see anything new until the performance of 4G is confirmed. The planed stationary speed of 1Gb/s is more than enough to support remote gaming like OnLive and with computing in general moving in the direction of cloud, I reckon the next consoles will use a similar system, so you'll buy a terminal and have the video/sound streamed to your device.

It is well known that console manufacturers lose money on actual system sales. With a remote system, they would release just one more device, which will last the user years, whilst upgrading their remote servers with new hardware and still reaping the benefits of game royalties (where the money is) or charging to support games on their servers.

Just my thoughts.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:39:08
    everyone STOP!
    we're all doing gaming wrong. phones are so much better than a sitting in front of a nice TV with a controller in your hand.

/sarcasm
  • Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:40:22
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!
    we're all doing gaming wrong. phones are so much better than a sitting in front of a nice TV with a controller in your hand.

/sarcasm
    Who said this?
  • LionheartDJH 5 Sep 2010 21:42:37 19,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!

Hammertime?

• MiniAmin 5 Sep 2010 21:43:06 3,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    No one seen the Epic Citadel vids?! If this current gen lasts as long as people are suggesting in this thread then phone game graphics will indeed be as good before the gen ends. The Epic Citadel demo shows how incredibly close they are already.

I have seen Epic Citadel and I agree. I was in awe. It's especially impressive as it's the first item of media which has generated a smidgen of iPad interest from me.
  • stephenb 5 Sep 2010 21:43:09 2,802 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:

Just checked this out on youtube mowgli. Seriously impressive. not clued up on phones and ipad tbh. Upgrading in may and still have a shitty LG Arena.

It seems more of a tech demo at the moment. But again impressed.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• speedofthepuma 5 Sep 2010 21:43:30 13,320 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!

/sarcasm
    Who said this?

It's in bold in the bit you quoted.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• LionheartDJH 5 Sep 2010 21:44:18 19,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Yeah, look on YouTube or even the front page. You will be very surprised :)

Just had look, pretty impressive I must say (for an Oblivion knock off :p). Though am I right in thinking that the graphics on the iPhone version won't be up to the standard of those on the iPad one?

• Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:44:56
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!

/sarcasm
    Who said this?
    you're the one pimping phones as the holy grail for future gaming, because consoles are becoming "stagnant".
  • Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:45:02
    Nope, the iPhone version is faster than the iPad version.
  • lucky_jim 5 Sep 2010 21:45:06 5,348 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    I think we're due a new console. It was really hammered home to me when I ran the Epic Citadel demo on my iPhone 3GS. If my phone, which isn't even the latest model, can output stuff that's comparable to my proper console, then it must be time for a new console... (snip)

Either nobody reads my posts, or people are just picking on mowgli. He's right on this though, and so am I. Unreal Engine on the iPhone is clearly capable of stuff which to the naked eye is of comparable quality to home consoles.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:45:43
    DcP729UK wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!

/sarcasm
    Who said this?
    you're the one pimping phones as the holy grail for future gaming, because consoles are becoming "stagnant".
    Never said that once you spacker.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:49:14
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!

/sarcasm
    Who said this?
    mowgli wrote:
    I never said it could? I said a phone is starting to display graphics that are up there with console games. They are only going to get better while console graphics are pretty much stagnating, just look at Fable 3.
    who's a "spacker"?
  • Deleted user 5 September 2010 21:52:08
    DcP729UK wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    everyone STOP!

/sarcasm
    Who said this?

mowgli wrote:

who's a "spacker"?
    And where do i say phones are the future of gaming? I said the graphics on phones are catching up on consoles so it is time for something new.
  • Captain_Peach 5 Sep 2010 22:01:14 2,852 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Give Mowgli a break. He clearly didn't say console gaming was become stagnant just the graphics.
  • Obiwanshinobi 5 Sep 2010 22:01:28 866 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So they release Vanquish, which finally looks like something I want from consoles... and it turns out to run at friggin' 30 fps AGAIN. Oh boy. And you want another gen. Do you think the industry has what it takes to put another gen to good use?
    Virtual-On (1995, Sega Model 2 hardware, ~60 fps) glares at its mother Sega gloomily.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last