I want new consoles dammit! Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • King_Edward 6 Sep 2010 08:36:21 11,466 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can't say I want any new consoles yet. This gen hasn't even started imo.
  • Megapocalypse 6 Sep 2010 08:50:23 5,491 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still reckon the PS3/360 have another 3 or 4, maybe 5 years left. Normally the next gen comes around when every PC game is graphically outshining every console release in every way. That hasn't happened yet and I'm yet to see any evidence of it happening soon, although I do concede that this may just be due to this introduction of HD in this generation and therefore the differences are less noticeable.

/Would still buy a new next gen console tomorrow.
  • Deckard1 6 Sep 2010 08:53:18 29,126 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yeah I'm getting kind of bored, I need the excitement of something shiny and new every 5 years to stop the rot setting in.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Huddy 6 Sep 2010 08:59:12 24 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I fear it will be some while before the next round of consoles from Sony and MS. I think both camps see the latest motion controls as a way to extend the life of the current hardware. Throw in the current global economy issues and you probably have another 2 years at minimum holiday season 2012, more likely 2013.

But as we all know it will be too late by then, we'll all be space dust. ;)
  • Fake_Blood 6 Sep 2010 10:21:56 4,375 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Love it or hate it, the next gen is going to be all about 3D. All our games in 1080p 3d they'll say.
  • NOSAVIOUR 6 Sep 2010 10:32:06 2,809 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hell no. This generation had only just started walking. If you look at the first 2-3 yrs of it games weren't much more than what came before with hits visuals. I think it easily has another 2-3yrs left.
  • Buztafen 6 Sep 2010 10:33:36 16,458 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right now i can happily say fuck no to new consoles...however if they got released tomorrow I would most likely be in the queue with the reddies ready to hand over.
  • Load_2.0 6 Sep 2010 10:35:53 19,506 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    2-3? Shirley shum mishtake.

Is there even new console development taking place? I couldn't see a new MS or Sony console being announced for at least another 5 years.

Nintendo maybe 2-3.
  • Deleted user 6 September 2010 10:42:05
    Now begins the craftmanship, so no. Pixel-counting is not gaming, that's somehting else.

note: in Europe this gen started in 2nd December 2005.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Sep 2010 10:48:35 15,215 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm happy with the 360/ps3 at the moment, still loads to enjoy and look ahead to and I'm not including Move/Natel in that, as I could not give a toss about them ;)
    I will be getting a 3ds mind you.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Popzeus 6 Sep 2010 10:53:54 8,396 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Plenty of life left in this gen yet for my money.

A new generation of consoles usually just means a week of wow factor followed by 2 years of mediocre games while developers get their heads round the tech.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Blerk Moderator 6 Sep 2010 10:55:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Given that I was a late-starter this generation it's kind of hard to compute that it's actually five coming up to five years old. Perfectly happy with what we have at the minute, too. Forget the shinies and actually start putting the hardware to some proper use - the mid to late parts of the generation are generally where you start getting all the best stuff.
  • Deleted user 6 September 2010 11:02:00
    I want more good games and less derivative rubbish. New consoles aren't going to bring me any closer to that, even these current ones are making a chore of it.
  • MiniAmin 6 Sep 2010 11:07:43 3,480 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Before January I plan to buy a PS3 and enjoy some PS3 goodness for the next few years. I have a gigantic 360 catalogue which I need to finish. This gen is still just getting started for me.
  • Dirtbox 6 Sep 2010 11:09:10 78,763 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    There's a cycle in gaming - as the current gen of consoles gets older, PC gaming becomes popular again for a couple of years. At the low point for PCs in this cycle, all PC games virtually disappear from the shops. We hit this point about a year ago. I suspect there will be a bit of a resurgence over the next year or two, until the next consoles appear.
    No, that's because nobody buys PC games from a shop anymore due to Steam and suchlike being so convenient. Consoles have a massively outdated sales model.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• figgis 6 Sep 2010 11:29:41 7,381 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't remember the last time I bought a PC game from a shop.
  • Virtual_Skippy 6 Sep 2010 11:31:50 6 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    shops still sell PC games?
  • Deleted user 6 September 2010 11:32:41
    They do and usually at massively discounted prices very shortly after launch.
  • Dirtbox 6 Sep 2010 11:33:26 78,763 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Half-Life 2 from HMV was my last.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• jonsaan 6 Sep 2010 11:33:33 25,435 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love the fact that new consoles are not here yet. Saves me going through that very expensive 'Must buy every shitty launch game in my quest for a fulfilling game' phase.

/waits for 3DS

FCUTA!

• lucky_jim 6 Sep 2010 11:35:04 5,329 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MiniAmin wrote:
    Before January I plan to buy a PS3 and enjoy some PS3 goodness for the next few years. I have a gigantic 360 catalogue which I need to finish. This gen is still just getting started for me.

This is pretty much EXACTLY the position I'm in (although I may wait til January before buying a PS3, just to see if there are any decent post-xmas bundles). My 360 back catalogue makes me feel guilty.

However, if a new console came out tomorrow with a significant graphical boost over the current ones, I wouldn't be able to help myself, I'd be first in line even if it had a Sega or Atari logo on the front of it (hell, especially if it had a Sega or Atari logo on the front of it, but that's just me).
  • MiniAmin 6 Sep 2010 11:42:47 3,480 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lucky_jim wrote:
    MiniAmin wrote:

This is pretty much EXACTLY the position I'm in (although I may wait til January before buying a PS3, just to see if there are any decent post-xmas bundles). My 360 back catalogue makes me feel guilty.

However, if a new console came out tomorrow with a significant graphical boost over the current ones, I wouldn't be able to help myself, I'd be first in line even if it had a Sega or Atari logo on the front of it (hell, especially if it had a Sega or Atari logo on the front of it, but that's just me).

Yep same. A sparkling new console? With the added glee of teasing your friends who won't buy one for another 2-4 years? I couldn't resist an opportunity to create so much jealousy at the expense of others! :D

If a new Sega console was released i'd probably buy 3 tomorrow. SAY-Gaaah! Good times.
  • SomaticSense 6 Sep 2010 11:48:10 8,963 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    daninthemix wrote:
    Didn't HD output have to be patched in to the 360 soon after release?

Not that I know to, no. 720p was in it for the start.

The patch was to allow 1080p, which I suppose could be argued as full HD, but then no fucking game uses that anyway...
  • mingster 6 Sep 2010 11:55:15 3,278 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wan't full immersion virtual reality. No TV. Just a pair of Oakly type shades with earphones. Providing complete sensory cut off from the outside world so you are totally within the virtual world. Couple it with wireless controller gloves and some way of moving forward or running jumping without actually having too.
    Thats next generation for me.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next