DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 24

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• King_Edward 25 Feb 2013 12:45:30 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    We could fight about it, but I'd just slice you up while you were still gelling your hair.
  • kinky_mong 25 Feb 2013 12:47:39 9,952 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You'd be too busy adjusting the wayward camera and hammering the left d-pad button to try and open the item menu while I SSS combo your ass :p

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• King_Edward 25 Feb 2013 13:00:51 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You've got me there.
  • sanctusmortis 26 Feb 2013 00:01:30 9,627 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished it. Some real annoying engine issues aside, awesome game. Now to go back to collect all the items, hit max level, and SSS some levels. Then maybe one of the ridiculous difficulties.

Irritations:

Camera spinning away from angel pulls when fighting, particularly annoying when fighting Mundus when he spews lava.
    A lack of boss sign-posting; yes I feel dumb for not noticing the red seals when fighting Barbas, but dragging a fight out for ages just because you don't know you have to attack Vergil in Devil Trigger to end the fight is bloody stupid.

Still, more replayable than Dead Space 3.
  • shamblemonkee 26 Feb 2013 00:42:20 14,257 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My one criticism so far is that Demon Hunter difficulty doesn't (well it didn't for me anyway) really educate you in how to defeat each enemy type if you then go straight to son of sparda - which then basically forces you to learn how to approach each enemy and has been much more satisfying so far despite many more deaths while i learn.

maybe i'm just to stubborn (thick) and kept plugging away trying the wrong things for to long but it took me longer than i like to admit to work out the technique for those chainsaw dudes - i plugged away with the kablooey for quite a while. aquila+b range attack to interrupt their beserk - doh!
  • liamthemaster 26 Feb 2013 01:34:57 1,557 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I played the last mission for like 30 mins before I realised I had to DT D:
  • nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 07:43:09 58,782 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, me too. The shadow kept giving you devil trigger orbs so it had to be something to do with it but that was just stupid.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• sanctusmortis 26 Feb 2013 11:29:08 9,627 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I got to 10 minutes before I thought "there's something I missed" and hit Google for the answer.
  • shamblemonkee 26 Feb 2013 11:46:53 14,257 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I pretty much hit it by luck after a minute or too to save my life. would have been easy to miss though.
  • King_Edward 26 Feb 2013 12:29:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I had a much bigger issue of Vergil hanging in mid air.
  • kinky_mong 26 Feb 2013 12:36:43 9,952 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I had a much bigger issue of Vergil hung
    Well he does have a bigger dick.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• sanctusmortis 26 Feb 2013 17:46:13 9,627 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had tons of camera issues with Mundus. As in, he'd spew, I'd try to Angel Grab my way out - and the camera panned to face him, making me miss the grab.

Edited by sanctusmortis at 17:46:31 26-02-2013
  • SomaticSense 13 Mar 2013 11:41:42 7,940 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SomaticSense 13 Mar 2013 11:44:23 7,940 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God damn sluggish and shitty 360 Explorer.

Now got to retype that massive post in the thread it dumped me out of.

Gah!
  • JinTypeNoir 13 Mar 2013 13:43:13 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Capcom have been onto stinker after stinker recently, so there's no way I'd have trusted them to get it right internally, and with the exception of Platinum there's really no one obvious to hand it off too.
    Except for Monster Hunter. And Phoenix Wright. And the Okami sequel. And Ghost Trick. And Dragon's Dogma. And Resident Evil: Revelations.

They should have waited until the Dragon's Dogma guys could come back to the series. A long wait after Devil May Cry 4 might have been just the thing to get gamers to hype up a sequel, which would help its word of mouth. Or they could have siphoned off some of the massive Monster Hunter team. Or taken some of the fighting game developers off of enhanced versions of the games that pissed of their fans and put them on it. All three teams have members that know very well how to produce action games.

The problem is a lot of Capcom developers have the ability to develop a Devil May Cry sequel competently, even the much-maligned mainline Resident Evil team. But Capcom's obsession with making it sell better cut off the devil at its tail and now he's just crying.

As much as I disliked Inafune's misguided opinions, playing Soul Sacrifice, its obvious he could have put together a smaller team to push out an impressive sequel in less time as well. Everyone's praise for Soul Sacrifice is "Holy shit, this feels EXACTLY like Capcom's best action games!"

If they had to get Ninja Theory to breathe life back into a franchise, they should have chosen Breath of Fire. It's likely that Ninja Theory might have been able to come up with a unique premise for a Breath of Fire VI that could have sold okay enough in Japan and impressed gamers who were looking for some sort of followup to the unconventional Breath of Fire V. And good old Tameem would get to say all sorts of pretentious things about pushing forth story and it wouldn't out of place in a sequel like that. It would probably sell better too because of the current trend of "LOL JRPG! GO WRPG!" in the media.
  • Humperfunk 13 Mar 2013 14:00:05 1,922 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Was going to download this Vergil DLC t'other day, but the code I received for preordering it early has disappeared. A shame. As much as I love the game, no way I'm spunking 9.99 on a two hour add on.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Humperfunk 13 Mar 2013 14:00:42 1,922 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Unless it's as good as Journey which was also 9.99 and short. But appaerntly it isn't. So I won't. UPDATE COMPLETE.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• DUFFMAN5 15 Mar 2013 17:21:01 14,392 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Up to chapter 4 and have to say it has not grabbed me. In fairness to the game. It is not my favorite genre. I'm shite at games with lots of combos, see also Stranglehold Wet etal.
    It reminds me loads of Shadows of the damned, both graphically and in style.
    Happy I rented, totally what lovefilm is for:-)
    Fairplay to fellow EGers who are SSS this game...alas not this old git.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 17:21:53 15-03-2013

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 18:04:42 15-03-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• SomaticSense 15 Mar 2013 17:27:22 7,940 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus Jin.

I love you and all, but you have problems.
  • khaz 15 Mar 2013 17:29:08 2,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He does have a point though. ;)
  • King_Edward 15 Mar 2013 17:30:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Much better to come, trust me.
  • SomaticSense 15 Mar 2013 17:38:02 7,940 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How would having NT do the next Breath of Fire not utterly piss off the BoF fans even more than the old-school Dante crowd?

I'm still trying to get over that utterly bizarre logic. And that the Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, etc dev houses are possibly more suited to DMC duties than NT.
  • King_Edward 15 Mar 2013 17:45:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Are there any BoF fans? I would love more BoF, as long as they don't change Ryu's haircut.

Edited by King_Edward at 17:46:34 15-03-2013
  • khaz 15 Mar 2013 18:05:06 2,705 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love the BoF series. :)
  • kalel 25 Mar 2013 18:03:32 86,328 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is (as predicted) now down to 25 on Amazon.

I'm holding out for 12 myself. I'll give it another month or so.
  • L_Franko Moderator 10 May 2013 10:14:46 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I started this last night and was thoroughly impressed with the first 6 levels I played.
    I thought I was going to hate the young cocky Dante but thankfully he isn't all that bad.

The game is nice and smooth, the action is great fun and the visuals are pretty good too. Looking forward to getting back to it tonight.
  • JinTypeNoir 10 May 2013 21:00:22 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    How would having NT do the next Breath of Fire not utterly piss off the BoF fans even more than the old-school Dante crowd?

I'm still trying to get over that utterly bizarre logic. And that the Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, etc dev houses are possibly more suited to DMC duties than NT.
    If you can accurately read the tone in somebody's posts, you could probably tell I wasn't being entirely serious about Breath of Fire.

And yes, the Monster Hunster devs could absolutely forge a better sequel, because they know how to develop challenging, satisfying action mechanics. Do you know what games Shu Takumi worked on before Phoenix Wright? Resident Evil 2 and Dino Crisis 1 and 2! People who have worked on the Phoenix Wright dev team could even do a better job because a lot of them worked on other games such as Demento, Mega Man or Onimusha. I would totally be down with Shu Takumi writing out a Dante's adolescence story, because it would probably be funny, fascinating, appropriate and full of out of this world twists -- in other words, everything the current game is not.

Instead Capcom got what has so far become one of the worst selling games in the series. Great success!
  • Deckard1 10 May 2013 21:03:58 27,123 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shut up jin
  • glo 30 Jul 2013 15:33:19 3,422 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    This is (as predicted) now down to 25 on Amazon.

I'm holding out for 12 myself. I'll give it another month or so.
    not sure if you are still waiting kalel, but it is now down to 8 (new) from blockbuster online site. <10 was more than I could resist despite having a to-do list longer than the UK Borders Agency.
  • Gitsmith 17 Jan 2014 21:54:08 199 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Absolutely brilliant. If it hadn't been for PS+ I might never have gotten round to this. On my second playthrough and determined to master it. It's not a genre I would normally bother with, but thanks to this I now feel like I've been missing out.

I now intend to get Bayonetta(though I've heard bad things about the PS3 version) and perhaps castlevania. Can anyone recommend any other twitch beat'em-ups I might enjoy?
  • Page

of 25 First / Last