DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 22

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• bobdebob 11 Feb 2013 21:52:33 595 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm just wondering, is the storyline for the first 3 DMCs just standard anime rubbish?
  • Humperfunk 11 Feb 2013 21:56:39 2,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pretty much, but don't say that in this thread.

Oops.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• FuzzyDuck 11 Feb 2013 21:57:18 4,675 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah I finished it the other day, great game. Nice to have a game with such a good combat system without having to deal with all the japanese paedo stuff. 9/10 for me. Tried playing it on the unlocked difficulty but I'm not good enough for it though.
    Care to name one thing in previous DMC games that was "paedo"?
    Young Deckard grew up on a remote emu farm where a truck carrying misprinted dictionaries broke down, so he's got pretty unique meanings for a lot of words.
  • King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 21:58:16 11,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Humperfunk

You can say that. It's fair.

Edited by King_Edward at 21:58:47 11-02-2013
  • Humperfunk 11 Feb 2013 22:02:58 2,362 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @King_Edward

Not saying they're bad necessarily, love the Devil May Cry series.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 22:04:14 11,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They're pretty bad.:)
  • Deckard1 11 Feb 2013 22:04:44 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's okay. Awful lot of paedo stuff in there though. Even for a Japanese game.

Edited by Deckard1 at 22:05:08 11-02-2013

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• liamthemaster 13 Feb 2013 02:06:02 1,606 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started my second playthrough 8/10 for me having never played a dmc before.
    I thought a few of the enemy types were a massive pain in the arse like the werewolf things,which just slowed down the combat imo.
  • nickthegun 13 Feb 2013 07:57:18 60,968 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's the big fat ones for me. They charge at you past the camera, the hook shot thing doesn't reliably grab them and they don't cause splash damage on other enemies when they charge. They absolutely ruin the flow of fights.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 08:27:04 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The hook thing only grabs them if they're not raging. If they raging fire that shitty tazer gun at them until they stop raging. I hated them at first but towards the end I was taking them out pretty quickly.

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Feb 2013 08:49:50 3,386 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, the big, fat charging bastards are a pain in the chuff - especially at the Slurm factory (WTF) when there are two of them and there's Slurm all over the floor.....

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• nickthegun 13 Feb 2013 09:20:05 60,968 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was indeed a twat of a fight.

• Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 09:25:26 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shit I want to play through it again now. I can't even get past the 4th fight on the harder difficulty though, I'm too cack handed.

• kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 11:15:26 10,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't even realise you could grapple the fat bastards on to the floor until my second playthrough. They're a piss of piss now as demon dodging when they charge and then wailing on them with Eryx finishes them off quickly.

It's the witches that really piss me off, guaranteed that if they conjure those three swords I will get hit by one while trying to dodge if the Aquila doesn't break the shield in time.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• King_Edward 13 Feb 2013 11:18:51 11,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can grapple their swords and hit them back at the witch. Breaks their shield straight away.
  • Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 11:19:40 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you hit them with multiply Aquilas the shields drop a lot quicker.

• King_Edward 13 Feb 2013 11:21:59 11,466 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's when they mix up all these awkward enemies that it becomes a real bastard. A witch, a fat bastard, and a teleporting ninja for example.
  • Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 11:24:27 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah on the unlocked difficulty its a fucking nightmare. They got blue things with shields, so all the red techniques I'd used for getting through a shield don't work.

• kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 11:44:34 10,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah on the unlocked difficulty its a fucking nightmare. They got blue things with shields, so all the red techniques I'd used for getting through a shield don't work.
    Do the Aquila throw to stun them then the standard Aquila attacks to make short work of them.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 11:46:22 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I tried that but kept getting butt fucked of everything else around me. I don't have the patience for the harder difficulties anymore.

• nickthegun 13 Feb 2013 11:49:39 60,968 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You know a game is stretching you when you have to use four fingers for the triggers.

• kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 12:07:52 10,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    You know a game is stretching you when you have to use four fingers for the triggers.
    Really? The bumpers both do the same evade so I just flick my index finger of the opposite hand I'm pressing a weapon trigger with to that button, if that makes sense.

• kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 12:15:22 10,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah I tried that but kept getting butt fucked of everything else around me. I don't have the patience for the harder difficulties anymore.
    I found a good combo for getting breathing space when you're surrounded by loads of different enemies is:

With Aquila hit towards, towards and Y which fires you up in the air with the nearest enemy (sometimes a couple of other demons will fly up as well if they were near enough).
    Then still with Aquila hit Y,Y, pause, Y. Which drags even more enemies up to the air with you.
    Then do the Aquila's B in the air move which fires you forward a bit with all these enemies.
    Jump and then fire the shotgun at the bunched up enemies to throw them on the floor.
    And finally while still in the air do hold RT and B with the Eryx equipped to do a charged stomp move into the group below you.

That combo got me through a lot of the fights in Son Of Sparda.

• nickthegun 13 Feb 2013 12:24:01 60,968 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Really? The bumpers both do the same evade so I just flick my index finger of the opposite hand I'm pressing a weapon trigger with to that button, if that makes sense.
    That.... that does make sense... how did i not think of that?

Its going to take some retraining to use L1 to dodge, though.

• Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 12:28:09 29,114 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I try to do it like that but its kind of like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time.

• nickthegun 13 Feb 2013 12:30:57 60,968 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It took a while to stop repeatedly whipping demons in the face rather than shoot them, so im fairly confident that this is not going to happen.

• kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 12:41:02 10,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You'll get it quickly, I was a mess of knotted fingers and doing the wrong moves on my first playthrough (and couldn't get my head around of using LB to dodge as well until the last few levels) but I've pretty confident with the combat now.

That combo I mentioned only requires letting go of a trigger and pressing another for the last two moves and you don't have to worry about switching weapons with the D-pad. I still can't get my head round some of the combos that play during the loading screens!

• Feanor 13 Feb 2013 16:13:18 14,182 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bobdebob wrote:
    I'm just wondering, is the storyline for the first 3 DMCs just standard anime rubbish?
    1 and 4 are pretty rubbish, although they don't really fit the standard anime stereotype. 3 has a decent, easy to follow story with a great ending, and much better characters than in DmC. Particularly Vergil.
  • liamthemaster 13 Feb 2013 17:45:16 1,606 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Any tips for getting more style points, I'm going for the SSS on nephilim achievement but can only ever get around S/SS for style as there are far less enemies
  • kinky_mong 13 Feb 2013 17:55:14 10,689 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    Any tips for getting more style points, I'm going for the SSS on nephilim achievement but can only ever get around S/SS for style as there are far less enemies
    Demon dodge and then hitting something knocks the counter up quickly, as does doing the Y,Y, pause, Y move with Arbiter. Also found the holding Y move with Aquila and the trillion stabs move (towards, towards Y then hammer Y with the normal sword) is an easy way to shoot up one rank.

Abuse Devil Trigger as well to kick the score up as you'll earn loads of it.

Managed to get SSS on levels 2 to 7 last night in one go using those tricks.

• Page

of 25 First / Last