DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 21

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• nickthegun 6 Feb 2013 12:09:53 61,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    It's not like Devil May Cry 4 was some sort of super nova of great storytelling, definitely not, but it is much worse than that.
    Yeah, its not. I think you left your objectivity at the door.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• JinTypeNoir 6 Feb 2013 12:10:35 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    B-but, didn't you see Dante dancing and holding a rose with his teeth?

That was, like, so random and self-aware and totes amazeballs!

*holds up spork*
    Go ahead, joke around all you like. Its the only thing you can do in this situation. If you tried to actually justify, explain or argue your views, like I do, it'd come out flimsy and flaccid because you don't have a third leg to stand on.

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 12:19:06 06-02-2013
  • mikew1985 6 Feb 2013 12:13:22 13,047 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sure that means quite what you think it means.
  • kinky_mong 6 Feb 2013 12:27:01 10,868 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    Finally got the game what's the recommended starting difficulty ?
    Nephalim. Nothing too challenging and you can always knock it down one level if you're really struggling.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Aretak 6 Feb 2013 12:27:16 10,376 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    B-but, didn't you see Dante dancing and holding a rose with his teeth?

That was, like, so random and self-aware and totes amazeballs!

*holds up spork*
    Go ahead, joke around all you like. Its the only thing you can do in this situation. If you tried to actually justify, explain or argue your views, like I do, it'd come out flimsy and flaccid because you don't have a third leg to stand on.
    Oh don't worry JTN, I realised a long, long time ago that discussing anything with you is a complete waste of time. :)

Edited by Aretak at 12:27:24 06-02-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 22:43:11 11,930 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can;t get this to run on steam, I've updated DirectX and .net, restarted the PC, ran the visual studio installers, all to no avail :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• gman7714 8 Feb 2013 23:16:13 344 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished this last night on Devil Hunter difficulty and even though I have a shit ton of games in my back log I have today cranked it up to Nephilim and have started razzing through it again. I don't think I have done that since the first Gears and wouldn't have dreamt of doing that with DMC4.

I've never been a huge fan of the genre and I think that NT have made it more accessible to gamers like me and I am glad that they did :)
  • Progguitarist 8 Feb 2013 23:52:58 10,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Do you have a PS3 controller plugged in by any chance?
  • Progguitarist 8 Feb 2013 23:53:17 10,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is a really great game IMO.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Feb 2013 08:50:21 11,930 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Do you have a PS3 controller plugged in by any chance?
    Nope, a 360 one.
    Same problem with or without it :-(

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• King_Edward 9 Feb 2013 08:58:09 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have you tried reinstalling?
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2013 09:00:58 61,348 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    This is a really great game IMO.
    Yeah, it really is. Solid 7/10. Would be an eight if the balance of cutscenes to gameplay wasnt so massively skewed.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• King_Edward 9 Feb 2013 11:30:10 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm at about 7/10 right now too. The combat system is lovely, but too many areas and enemies are designed to stifle your use of it.

The game would be better without Vergil and Cat too, boring pair of fuckers that they are.
  • xuiton 9 Feb 2013 15:32:03 297 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd say it is a 6/10 and I played the pc version.

not enough bosses, story was complete gash. the levels were far too small and more corridor type than your average dmc game.

the combat was pretty good, except half the time you are doing platforming, while nothing wrong with this new addition, takes far too much time, i'd rather be fighting things.

infact getting to a fight was a bonus.

bosses are far too easy and shit, one of them is a tv screen that doesn't even damage you.

last boss vergil felt like it was thrown in there just to 'spice' the game up.

throughout the game he is a complete boring cunt too.

dantes new look didn't bother me and his character were good.

Edited by xuiton at 19:31:53 09-02-2013
  • Syrette 9 Feb 2013 15:36:30 44,257 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MAJOR VISIBLE SPOILER IN ABOVE POST

• King_Edward 9 Feb 2013 16:01:02 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Should spoiler that, even if it is fucking obvious.

What sort of sessions are people playing this in? I'm playing a chapter, getting bored, leaving it for a while and then getting withdrawal.

Edited by King_Edward at 16:03:37 09-02-2013
  • Progguitarist 10 Feb 2013 00:54:08 10,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Completed it tonight. 8/10 for me. The combat was very good and the PC version runs like a dream.

Excellent game. Hope NT get a chance to make a follow up.
  • King_Edward 10 Feb 2013 10:06:33 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Glitch on the last boss grrr.
  • King_Edward 10 Feb 2013 10:35:55 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And finished! Shitty Mundus QTE aside, it was a pretty strong end section.

7/10
  • khaz 11 Feb 2013 07:25:41 2,826 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    It's not like Devil May Cry 4 was some sort of super nova of great storytelling, definitely not, but it is much worse than that.
    Yeah, its not. I think you left your objectivity at the door.
    I think what Jin is trying to say is that DMC3/4 were so ott and ridiculous it was one of those "so bad its good" situations. I tend to agree with this. It worked in those games favour. See also every other example of good games in this genre where the ridiculous settings are totally offset with the combat. God Hand being the ultimate example of utter ludicrousness.

I like this DmC but the story/characters are a little po-faced and not silly enough. Ultimately in combat heavy games I tend to forget about the story but its a nice distraction sometimes. DmC lacks that a bit.
  • kinky_mong 11 Feb 2013 10:12:22 10,868 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't see anything wrong with the story, it's not spectacular but it serves its purpose to keep all the levels together cohesively.

Overall I think the game is a strong 8/10. I really enjoy the combat and it's good enough to keep me coming back to finish all the unlocked difficulties, whereas I'm really struggling to carry on playing Hitman: Absolution at the same time because it's such a tedious chore.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• khaz 11 Feb 2013 13:33:19 2,826 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with the story, it's not spectacular but it serves its purpose to keep all the levels together cohesively.

Overall I think the game is a strong 8/10. I really enjoy the combat and it's good enough to keep me coming back to finish all the unlocked difficulties, whereas I'm really struggling to carry on playing Hitman: Absolution at the same time because it's such a tedious chore.
    There's nothing wrong with the story. I'm just saying its not silly enough.
  • bobdebob 11 Feb 2013 15:33:10 600 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @khaz
    I'd rather have them not return to the stupidity of DMC4 where Jesus comes backs as a 50-foot evil statue.

If they want silliness maybe they can do it the style of the Crank movies.
  • kinky_mong 11 Feb 2013 15:46:44 10,868 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:

There's nothing wrong with the story. I'm just saying its not silly enough.
    Sorry, wasn't aimed at you specifically, just my two cents on the story as it's been discussed repeatedly on the last few pages.

• King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 15:47:49 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's silly enough. It's just not silly about being silly. It's want you to care about Cat and Vergil but you can't because they're stupid.

Like every game in the series, it's at its best when it's just Dante telling demons to flock off.
  • Feanor 11 Feb 2013 16:41:14 14,185 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah I finished it the other day, great game. Nice to have a game with such a good combat system without having to deal with all the japanese paedo stuff. 9/10 for me. Tried playing it on the unlocked difficulty but I'm not good enough for it though.
    Care to name one thing in previous DMC games that was "paedo"?
  • Feanor 11 Feb 2013 16:56:13 14,185 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    It's silly enough. It's just not silly about being silly. It's want you to care about Cat and Vergil but you can't because they're stupid.

Like every game in the series, it's at its best when it's just Dante telling demons to flock off.
    Unfortunately in this version you get a never ending stream of poorly delivered wear swords instead of anything vaguely clever. I'm not sure where Ninja Theory got the idea that constant profanity would seem edgy or cool in 2013. That and the gross-out art design aren't even offensive, they're just obvious and tiring.
  • kinky_mong 11 Feb 2013 17:04:56 10,868 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like wear swords, you fonking can't!

• King_Edward 11 Feb 2013 17:11:51 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fup off you fupping backstads!
  • Page

of 25 First / Last