DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 9

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 15:22:30 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ....and apparently some Swedish magazine has given it 9/10 too.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 15:22:41 09-01-2013

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• King_Edward 9 Jan 2013 18:45:23 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    34/40 (8/9/8/9) in Famitsu.

"The game's core fun of using guns and swords and such to mow down foes is still there," wrote editor Ranbu Yoshida. "The wild side of the Dante you see here really looms large, giving him a cool edge. Once you get used to the controls, which use the L and R buttons for different things, you'll be able to launch a wide variety of combos and expand your attacks."

"This looks like a completely new and different game," added Famitsu writer Jigoro Ashida, "but that stylish action is still inherited from the rest of the series. The controls are very comfortable, and using all your skills to flashily defeat foes is really exhilarating. Like with other games in the series, you can high ranks if you put some thought into battle, making it fun for both beginners and experts."

Meanwhile, most of the complaints from the review crew centered around DmC's control scheme, something that was brought up in pretty much every editor's write-up. "All the skills you have lend themselves to some pretty stylish battles," Yoshida wrote, "but as a side effect of that, you're asked for some pretty technical control moves. This puts the game on the tough side, and I wish there was some kind of easier control mode or something."

"It's nice that the game targets the nearest enemy when you're wielding a gun," Ashida added, "but you have to press L3 to switch targets, which isn't as intuitive as it could be."
    Edited by King_Edward at 18:48:09 09-01-2013
  • andywilkie35 11 Jan 2013 00:39:47 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like Shopto are doing their usual "post for delivery on the Saturday before a Tuesday release" with this \o/

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• SomaticSense 11 Jan 2013 01:37:50 7,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its also Capcoms ‘time’. They have been involved in some outrageous nickel and diming of gamers recently and that coupled with a recent slump in quality and the reimagining of a well loved brand means it was a perfect internet shit storm.
    And funnily enough, the first DMC was originally a reimagining of a well loved brand. So much hilarious irony, but I expect it'd all be lost on the whiners, which is a shame.
  • JBlokeUK 11 Jan 2013 01:43:07 2,309 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Gamers are whining cunts. Who knew.
    So so true. Bloody hard to please most of them.

Love the demo of this therefore I'm buying it. Simple.

I like it when he's angry.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 02:04:12
    Buying it despite it's bland design and added "fuck you" :)
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 07:42:57 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its also Capcoms ‘time’. They have been involved in some outrageous nickel and diming of gamers recently and that coupled with a recent slump in quality and the reimagining of a well loved brand means it was a perfect internet shit storm.
    And funnily enough, the first DMC was originally a reimagining of a well loved brand. So much hilarious irony, but I expect it'd all be lost on the whiners, which is a shame.
    Which they changed the name of because it was too different. Publishers used to try to avoid shitstorms, now the try to make them.

Not that the shitstorm was okay. Just sayin'.

Edited by King_Edward at 07:51:46 11-01-2013
  • Deckard1 11 Jan 2013 07:57:43 27,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Buying it despite it's bland design and added "fuck you" :)
    What is this added fuck you you've perceived? And bland "in your opinion" - different strokes and all that. Personally I dislike the garish crayon graphics that Nintendo have fooled people into thinking are imaginative for years, but some people can't get enough of them.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 08:00:15 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He's talking about the dialogue in one of the trailers.

"Fuck you"
    "Fuck you"
    "FUUUCK YOOUUUUUUU!"
  • Deckard1 11 Jan 2013 08:01:49 27,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh I see
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Jan 2013 09:09:55 3,264 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any ideas when the EG review goes up??

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 09:49:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nope. Embargo was up yesterday I think, so it's odd there are so few reviews.
  • SomaticSense 11 Jan 2013 16:20:49 7,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Which they changed the name of because it was too different. Publishers used to try to avoid shitstorms, now the try to make them.

Not that the shitstorm was okay. Just sayin'.
    But this isn't different. It plays exactly the same. Why would they make it a new IP if it plays exactly like a canonical entry?

Its all because its a reboot really and has nothing to with the only thing that matters: Gameplay. Who exactly really paid attention to the story before anyway? And Dante was an arrogant prick before as well, so its not even as if thats a huge change either.

Maybe they should just give him perma-white hair and a ridiculous coat and perhaps they'll all stfu and give NT the props they deserve. Fucking morons, honestly.

/Le sigh
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 17:11:55 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Now who's getting all emo. :p

Oh, and nothing was happening in the story before. Serioisly...nothing.

Edited by King_Edward at 17:19:21 11-01-2013
  • liamthemaster 11 Jan 2013 17:21:45 1,553 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New dante is emo but bleached blonde trench coat with no shirt dante was cool ?
  • Feanor 11 Jan 2013 17:22:46 14,049 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Only someone who knows nothing about the previous games would say this 30 fps, U3 engine powered version plays exactly the same. It's fine if you don't care about the differences like the lack of a hard lock-on, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

NT will get all the props they deserve and more if they have finally made a game with decent combat.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 17:36:00 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    liamthemaster wrote:
    New dante is emo but bleached blonde trench coat with no shirt dante was cool ?
    No. Weird, gothic, red 3-piece suit Dante was cool. No shirt, bleach Beiber Dante was a prick. He seems (from the trailers) to be the one this New Dante is most modelled on.

Edited by King_Edward at 17:36:59 11-01-2013
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 17:38:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Only someone who knows nothing about the previous games would say this 30 fps, U3 engine powered version plays exactly the same. It's fine if you don't care about the differences like the lack of a hard lock-on, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

NT will get all the props they deserve and more if they have finally made a game with decent combat.
    It's at least decent in the demo, and very stylish.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 17:41:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Any ideas when the EG review goes up??
    Ignore what I said earlier. Review Mario's up Monday. I thought the game was out today.
  • Feanor 11 Jan 2013 17:41:26 14,049 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Now who's getting all emo. :p.
    That would be the guy ranting and raving about self-absorbed emo cunts, without the slightest hint of self awareness. The same guy who thinks DmC running at half the frame rate of all the other DMC games is not an aspect that matters.

Edited by Feanor at 17:41:45 11-01-2013
  • Feanor 11 Jan 2013 17:45:18 14,049 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:It's at least decent in the demo, and very stylish.
    The demo seemed decent to me, but was a big step down from DMC 3 SE HD which I had been playing a lot at the time, especially on the PS3. But the demo did enough to make me want to buy DmC; for $20 in the summer Steam sale.
  • B0rked_Gamer 11 Jan 2013 17:47:35 2,481 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep wait for cheapo PC version. DMC should be 60fps for fucks sake.
  • SomaticSense 11 Jan 2013 22:36:00 7,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:

Have you at least tried the demo?

The lack of a lock-on is literally the only real difference that can be described as a set back, and yet I didn't find it hurt the gameplay that much tbh. And to counter your insinuation, I played the heck out of DMC1 and finished DMC3 on Very Hard, so surely that qualifies me as knowing a bit more than "nothing about the previous games".

Maybe a revisit of the older games is in order?

[edit]: Sorry I didn't read you have played the demo.

Edited by SomaticSense at 22:44:15 11-01-2013
  • SomaticSense 11 Jan 2013 22:41:06 7,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Now who's getting all emo. :p.
    That would be the guy ranting and raving about self-absorbed emo cunts, without the slightest hint of self awareness. The same guy who thinks DmC running at half the frame rate of all the other DMC games is not an aspect that matters.
    And your constant moaning isn't emo?

Lack of self-awareness. Really?

Irony feels like a running theme in this thread. At least I'm trying to be positive about what is going to be without doubt an excellent game regardless of the franchise. Or the framerate.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 22:58:54 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't mind the missing manual lock on. I pretty much always wanna be aiming at the closest thing to me anyway.

The only real issue I had with the demo was the boss fight was shit, and the icey/Angel enemies put such a dampener on you style bonus.

The frame rate felt like a niggle, it made the controls (mainly the dodge) a touch unresponsive. Nothing in the demo was hard enough to make it a problem though.
  • SomaticSense 11 Jan 2013 23:10:44 7,914 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The framerate honestly didn't bother me, although having two separate dodge buttons is unnecessary. Having a lock-on in place of one of the two dodge inputs surely wouldn't have hurt.
  • NOSAVIOUR 12 Jan 2013 10:53:56 2,802 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reviewed in latest issue of Edge. 8. Best entry in genre since Bayonetta and NT's best game to date.
  • King_Edward 12 Jan 2013 10:58:12 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What has there been since Bayonetta?

Just God of War 3 I can find. Which was great, so high praise.

Edited by King_Edward at 11:02:21 12-01-2013
  • Deckard1 12 Jan 2013 10:58:34 27,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But its difrunt!
  • King_Edward 12 Jan 2013 11:10:47 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not that different.

Perspective
  • Page

of 25 First / Last