DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 6

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Cappy 3 Nov 2011 14:54:13 11,907 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A consistent frame rate and V-Sync always come dead last on their list of priorities.

If only Ninja Theory weren't a British developer, they'd get torn a new arse every other week by Edge and Eurogamer et al.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2011 18:21:04
    Combat Trailer
  • SomaticSense 9 Dec 2011 19:01:39 8,175 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think King Edward is being a bit harsh. I think it looks brilliant.

I wasn't sure at first with the character design either, but honestly it's really all about the combat in a DMC game, and the recent footage looks spot on in that regard.

Let's face it, Capcom seriously needed a franchise rethink after Kamiya taught them a brutal lesson with Bayonetta. The same old DMC gameplay allied with Ninja Theory's peerless mo-cap and story exposition would be one hell of a concoction if they can pull it off.

Although I would rather it have been proper prequel to the existing DMC canon. But I've a gut feeling there'll be a surprise in this regard that Capcom are keeping schtum about.
  • Deleted user 19 December 2011 22:13:55
    New Trailer

Yep, its really starting to stray now :/
  • senso-ji 19 Dec 2011 22:27:48 5,855 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't know what to think; it doesn't look like any other NT game but on the other hand it doesn't resemble a DMC game either. Not sold on the infinite aerial juggles either. DMC had launchers but you had to get in close; the grapple attack seems to make combat too easy and procedural for my liking.

Still, I'm staying optimistic, hope NT deliver the goods.
  • ecureuil 19 Dec 2011 22:34:13 76,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks awful, graphically. Going by that video at least.

It's going to need a lot of polishing. It looks boring.
  • King_Edward 19 Dec 2011 23:12:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Probably the most inviting trailer yet, but still full of issues you just don't expect.

The fight takes way to long, and the combat looks so dull and repetitive. Pull, slash, pull, slash. Also, while sun glare looks really nice, it's retarded to have so much of it in the middle of a fight.
  • King_Edward 10 Apr 2012 18:14:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-preview-dmc-devil-may-cry-225522.phtml

Hands on. Very positive and obviously full of lies.
  • Deleted user 10 April 2012 20:03:47
    Yeah. That trailer didn't show anything that wowed me especially after replaying the third game.
  • King_Edward 13 Apr 2012 19:24:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Dante has two separate weapons, symbolizing his angel and devil sides, that he can summon for strong and area attacks. One is Osiris, an “angel weapon” scythe that charges up over time and is good for crowd control. The other is the Arbiter, an enormous demonic axe that is good for dealing out powerful damage. Combine those with the ability to grapple enemies in the air and pull yourself towards them, as well as launching your opponents into the air, and there’s a whole new combat game going on."

Does that sound a lot like Heavenly Sword to anyone else?
  • Machetazo 9 Jun 2012 23:29:53 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gameplay from the E3 demo. It's recorded from the Capcom booth, not direct feed. There's two parts, so the footage progresses beyond what's covered in the trailer (which TearYouAsunder linked) from the end of last year.

I can't imagine anybody's referring to this as Devil May Cry 5..."DMC: Devil May Cry" seems far better for a thread title, given that it's the name of the game, which also doubles as a catch-all for related searches.

Edited by Machetazo at 23:30:28 09-06-2012
  • King_Edward 9 Jun 2012 23:37:06 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Official Colossal Fuck Up Thread.
  • Machetazo 9 Jun 2012 23:49:17 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If it were a Colossal Fuck Up of a game, you might have something. It doesn't appear to be, though. There's a world of difference in the skill displayed between the two demonstrators (Capcom dev, in TYA's trailer, possibly GT person in the E3 off-screen) but, I like the way that the corruption in the game world seems to sprout from surfaces, grow, warping, covering and crumpling surfaces, as the paths shift. With the Capcom demonstrator in control, a smoothness of play can be seen, linking of combos.

This "demonic influence" can be seen as an evolution of the red shimmering barrier doors from earlier DMCs. Although here, there's no cutscene used to illustrate, the changes are real-time. The flickering, out-of-focus figures seem interesting, too.

Edited by Machetazo at 23:50:42 09-06-2012
  • King_Edward 10 Jun 2012 00:06:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's all just eye candy. A convoluted explanation for shit that doesn't need explaining, and at the cost of the frame-rate too.

You don't need to know why a demon wall is blocking the way, you just need to know that it is.
  • King_Edward 20 Jun 2012 22:00:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some rather pretty jumping about and a tragic boss fight.

Averageness
  • Machetazo 15 Oct 2012 14:40:16 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More DMC info appears, from the Comic Cons. Because, while it was revealed in San Diego earlier in the year, that the game would hit 30fps on consoles; in New York this past weekend, it was explained that PC DMC will run at 60fps, and gain visual advances with more powerful graphics cards. That version remained undated, however, with the game's demo noted in the panel presentation as "coming soon".

Oh, and about DLC: released after launch,
    "Read my lips — not on disc," [Producer Alex Jones] told the audience.
    There have already been announced to be pre-order bonuses, in the shape of themed weapons skin sets. Source: The Verge

Edited by Machetazo at 14:45:38 15-10-2012
  • King_Edward 1 Nov 2012 22:46:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6pdmFLCIAI4ppp.jpg

Ouch.
  • Feanor 1 Nov 2012 23:25:41 14,148 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    A consistent frame rate and V-Sync always come dead last on their list of priorities.

If only Ninja Theory weren't a British developer, they'd get torn a new arse every other week by Edge and Eurogamer et al.
    Still true a year later.
  • MatMan562 14 Nov 2012 11:15:55 2,415 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a demo for this coming next week. As detailed here.

I'm looking forward to giving this a try, only ever briefly played DMC 4 before so don't care about most of the stuff people have moaned about.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• CloisterBlack 14 Nov 2012 16:09:29 18 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AHAHAHAH, oh, gods, Capcom.
    http://i.imgur.com/5ezw2.jpg[/img]
  • King_Edward 14 Nov 2012 16:16:06 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    There's a demo for this coming next week. As detailed here.

I'm looking forward to giving this a try, only ever briefly played DMC 4 before so don't care about most of the stuff people have moaned about.
    Looking forward to it.
  • Adamical 20 Nov 2012 12:55:56 314 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Demo's up, people.
  • SomaticSense 20 Nov 2012 13:28:08 8,175 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow. /applauds

I'm still not sure if remaking the franchise was entirely needed, but what a game!

Gameplay is a fantastic evolution of the DMC style yet still feels like a proper DMC game, ie amazing to play. NT really need to be given a break by the hardcore as they have delivered bigtime.

The Uncharted-style pacing with the setpieces work really well as well, and only not only do not spoil the core DMC combat but also serve to increase the overall excitement.

Some of the more stubborn fanboys of course will never be pleased regardless of the end result, but NT need to ignore them as on the basis of this demo they've not only made an incredible game but have come closer to the core tenets than most people thought.

For me this is now an insta-preorder.
  • Adamical 20 Nov 2012 13:32:21 314 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Okay yeah, this is pretty good.

Not sure about the new Dante, though. Looks like a prick.

EDIT: Yeah, I really don't like the new Dante. He's like some Jersey Shore douchebag, with his vest and cocky attitude.

The game plays brilliantly though.

Edited by Adamical at 14:02:17 20-11-2012
  • jack24 20 Nov 2012 22:10:02 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone playing this? Demo seemed excellent to me, faithful combat system and a pretty original art style. Never thought I'd be excited for a DMC game after 4 but this is definitely hitting all the right notes for me!
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 22:18:31
    Nice, encouraging impressions are encouraging!

Very much looking forward to trying the demo myself tomorrow!

Edited by TearYouAsunder at 22:19:30 20-11-2012
  • Page

of 25 First / Last