DmC (Devil May Cry 5)

• Page

of 25 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 2 Sep 2010 18:06:39 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It seems Capcom’s Keiji Inafune has confirmed the existence of Devil May Cry 5, after saying in an interview the next game in the series will have a “western touch” to attract potential UK-US buyers.

Speaking to Spanish website 3DJuegos (via CC), he said the company wanted more western sales for the series.
    “Devil May Cry 5 is a game that, when started development, this will change a lot in relation to the above,” said Inafune.

“The reason is that, despite the franchise has some very loyal followers, their sales are not particularly high, especially overseas.”

He went on: “For this reason, it is likely that in the fifth chapter will incorporate certain western touch to make it more attractive to American and European players.”

It’s been rumoured that DMC5 has been in development for a while, with Enslaved studio Ninja Theory handling it.
    - VG247

You can read the original interview at: 3DJuegos

Not sure how I feel about this 'Western touch' or Ninja Theory working on the game; would've prefered the original team at Capcom to work on it tbh.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2010 18:11:56
    So, in other words , checkpoints every 2 mins , a difficulty setting that even a blind space monkey will be able to complete the game , generic "metal" shite for the OST , classic Capcom character modelling (you can really tell Capcom games just by the character/face modelling) replaced by generic European ones and a 6-7 hours long SP...

Right? Right ? xD

PS: Hack 'n' slash games can only be done "properly" by the Japanese , just like Fighting games - and that's a GAWD DAYUM fact gents...
  • cianchristopher 2 Sep 2010 18:13:57 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The original team at Capcom has been gone for years. Isn't Hideki Kamiya over at Platinum Games now? Bayonetta is the real Devil May Cry.
  • Rauha 2 Sep 2010 18:15:15 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :D

God I hope not. The thing DMC has always lacked (imo) is a decent story; and Heavenly Sword lacked a decent combat system. So it could potentially be a match made in heaven ;) - But these things rarely are.

Actually, Heavenly Sword's story wasn't all that, it was just told in a very good way.
  • uiruki 2 Sep 2010 18:18:29 3,702 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, this should keep the recent Infaune memes flowing over on the Japanese blogs. Appropriately enough, the video spawning the meme was of Inafune giving a bollocking to Hiroyuki Kobayashi, saying "What kind of judgement is that? Are you trying to piss away money into the gutter?"
  • Deleted user 2 September 2010 18:54:17
    Pretty much what cian said, Bayonetta is the true sequel to the original DMC. But if we're talking DMC3 and 4 (2 never happened!) as with Dead Rising, I don't understand why these teams didn't go straight to work on the sequels.

The Devil May Cry series is already popular outside Japan, it was just that DMC4 was an early gen title that recycled content, and introduced its very own Raiden, but the gameplay was still enjoyable.

I really don't understand what the major Japanese publishers are doing these days, they've really lost the plot.
  • Tuffty 2 Sep 2010 19:10:20 1,586 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ A very good Raiden though, I thought Nero's playstyle was fantastic. And count me in as one who immensely enjoyed Devil May Cry 4. I really don't think they will do the same trick twice and have you backtrack through the game again in DMC4. There's been enough hate on it that Capcom are bound to have picked up on it.

Bayonetta may be the successor but there's still a place in the market for another crazy over the top action game like DMC3 or 4. If true, then I'd be very curious to see what DMC5 may look like.
  • King_Edward 2 Sep 2010 19:27:12 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rauha wrote:
    It seems Capcom’s Keiji Inafune has confirmed the existence of Devil May Cry 5, after saying in an interview the next game in the series will have a “western touch” to attract potential UK-US buyers.

Speaking to Spanish website 3DJuegos (via CC), he said the company wanted more western sales for the series.
    “Devil May Cry 5 is a game that, when started development, this will change a lot in relation to the above,” said Inafune.

“The reason is that, despite the franchise has some very loyal followers, their sales are not particularly high, especially overseas.”

He went on: “For this reason, it is likely that in the fifth chapter will incorporate certain western touch to make it more attractive to American and European players.”

It’s been rumoured that DMC5 has been in development for a while, with Enslaved studio Ninja Theory handling it.
    - VG247

You can read the original interview at: 3DJuegos

Not sure how I feel about this 'Western touch' or Ninja Theory working on the game; would've prefered the original team at Capcom to work on it tbh.
    /Sigh. Crapcom sending out another franchise to die in the name of "western appeal".
  • Deleted user 2 September 2010 19:53:21
    @Tuffty Agreed, the backtracking was probably down to an unrealistic publisher deadline on the team making a game for the first time on the HD consoles, no reason to think second time around it would happen again.

Regarding Nero, his grabbing moveset was a fun twist, but it came across as they were trying too hard to introduce a new character and make them a new hero that grates.

Despite all that, can only hope whoever is involved ensures DMC5 turns out well, always room for more than one stylish action game.
  • NOSAVIOUR 2 Sep 2010 22:37:41 2,804 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If only Capcom's western touches had a hint of the midas touch about them, sadly they are more like being touched by Gary Glitter.
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 13:05:35 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ninja Theory have been confirmed as the dev's for this at TGS.
  • ecureuil 15 Sep 2010 13:07:55 76,809 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And it's just called DMC.
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 13:10:53 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah that's a suprise, full on reboot?
  • ecureuil 15 Sep 2010 13:12:08 76,809 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, and Dante is now a teenage emo hipster.

No, seriously.
  • Deleted user 15 September 2010 13:14:11
    What the fuck?
  • woodnotes 15 Sep 2010 13:14:56 4,925 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tameem at Ninja Theory is such a massive slimey cock-juggler. Can't stand him.

He said "We're taking a younger Dante that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc."
  • Rauha 15 Sep 2010 13:15:45 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Story driven DMC here we come then :p
  • Cappy 15 Sep 2010 13:18:58 11,940 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    Cock-juggler."

:-D
  • drumbaby 15 Sep 2010 13:21:18 2,688 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Howabout some Xbox 360 exclusive bits, Capcom? You know you want to....
  • Tuffty 15 Sep 2010 13:21:25 1,586 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Story driven with most likely none of the fighting depth or possibilities of past DMC games. Interesting. I'm a massive fan of the series, in particular of just how OTT and crazy of how the story and gameplay can be. Not sure if I would like a more western approach to it. Tellingly, this is not DMC5 but 'DmC'. So it's like a series reboot? One aimed for the western audience most likely. Fuck that.

I dunno. I remain optimistic, it can still be a great game, but I will admit I am disappointed that it's not just a straight up sequel.
  • Load_2.0 15 Sep 2010 13:24:03 19,268 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DMC4 was good fun. Poo to western "death" touches.
  • King_Edward 15 Sep 2010 13:31:46 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fucking Capcom! Must you ruin everything I love?
  • Load_2.0 15 Sep 2010 13:32:44 19,268 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    God Hand 2 should be Capcoms priority.

Everything else is inconsequential.
  • the_dudefather 15 Sep 2010 13:35:31 9,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another pic of Dante

WTF is up with the shoulders, it's like the collar of his jacket turns into a cape or something

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Rauha 15 Sep 2010 13:36:24 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks like Frankenstein's monster.
  • King_Edward 15 Sep 2010 13:40:23 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Another pic of Dante

WTF is up with the shoulders, it's like the collar of his jacket turns into a cape or something

What the fuck is that!? Capcom are now officially worse than Sega.
  • Deleted user 15 September 2010 13:41:04
    Load "$" wrote:
    God Hand 2 should be Capcoms priority.

Everything else is inconsequential.

Capcom doesn't 'get' God Hand, that is why they greenlit Final Fight Streetwise and destroyed their US studio behind the Maximo games.

There is a great feature about Shinji Mikami over on 1up (never thought I'd type that) in which he mentions of all the Capcom series he'd still wish to revisit God Hand is the one.

Gone over my issues with Capcom earlier on this page, I don't mind if Ninja Theory are doing this game, but with shots like that - nerd internet meltdown is right around the corner.
  • Load_2.0 15 Sep 2010 13:41:52 19,268 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow how gay is that?

Looks like they reanimated Stephen Gately.
  • Deleted user 15 September 2010 13:42:38
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Another pic of Dante

You have got to be fucking kidding me :(
  • uiruki 15 Sep 2010 13:49:53 3,702 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He looks exactly like Jun Nagura, member of comedy troupe Neptune. He constantly has the piss taken out of him for his ridiculous face.

edit: This guy.

Still, I'm looking forward to taking that freak through three massive-ish levels of performance-captured goodness at a silky 15-25 frames per second!
  • Page

of 25 First / Last

Previous