Eldest starts primary school tomorrow

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Blakester 1 Sep 2010 13:04:14 3,908 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And I'm sat at work feeling very sad about the whole thing.

She's my little princess and I can't help feel this is the first step to her losing all that wide-eyed innocence that makes her such a joy to be around.

I guess it's also making me feel a little old as she will be going to the same school I did at that age. God knows what state I'll be in when she leaves home :-(
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 13:06:23
    Aww, bless :)

Lovely first day of school is - a bit of a tear jerker for some though

As long as it's a good school then it'll be fine dude, I'm sure there'll be stories galore come 3.30pm

Mine starts Juniors tomorrow - innocence well and truly about to vanish!!
  • DaM 1 Sep 2010 13:13:38 14,945 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Make sure your cameras are ready for tomorrow! A flat battery and full card meant I had to re-enact day 1 on day 2 last year :)
  • wobbler147 1 Sep 2010 13:18:22 5,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My eldest also starts tomorrow, they're only doing half days for the first week so I've booked the afternoon off so we can all go and see her in and pick her up on her first day.

Just looking at the uniform reduces me to tears :(
  • Blakester 1 Sep 2010 13:27:14 3,908 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wobbler147 wrote:
    My eldest also starts tomorrow, they're only doing half days for the first week so I've booked the afternoon off so we can all go and see her in and pick her up on her first day.

Just looking at the uniform reduces me to tears :(

Yep, same her, half days for the first week.

I've got to work tomorrow though so won't have the opportunity to see her go in. Might be for the best come to think of it...
  • speedofthepuma 1 Sep 2010 16:40:46 13,366 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ben starts on Monday.

I'm really feeling pathetically very upset about it. Not even sure why - he totally needs to go, bored with us now..
  • FairgroundTown 1 Sep 2010 16:52:38 2,522 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm really proud of what our Daniel has achieved in his first two years at school - not the academic stuff - he's doing okay at that, but it is the other things.

One of his teachers noticed that he is a really good dancer - something we would never have seen in a million years if she hadn't - and she encouraged him. He joined an after-school class, and a couple of moths ago, won his first street-dance competition.

This is what they mean by school having a rounding experience - and, no - this isn't some fancy private college - just the local state school - Embrook Infants in Wokingham - because they deserve to be named!

So, embrace school guys - it can be really fantastic, even if in some cases our own experiences weren't so great.
  • Ged42 1 Sep 2010 23:05:23 7,985 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My stepson is starting his GCSEs this year. WTF!
  • jonsaan 2 Sep 2010 14:16:08 26,285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aww mate, I feel ya! Felix starts on Monday too :D Lucky for him the eldest is already there but I did get a bit misty eyed with him this morning when I realised that the pre school phase is over in our house :(
  • Blakester 2 Sep 2010 15:51:25 3,908 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well Amber had her first day at school, and I actually managed to see her in as well as pick her up.

Watching her file into the class with the other kids was a real choker, but when we picked her up she acted as though it was just another day and couldn't really understand what all the fuss was about.

My youngest starts playschool on Monday so we'll be going through it all over again...
  • Deleted user 2 September 2010 16:12:29
    Good to hear it all went well :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.