This is coming out on Vita!? :o
  • DavidBoring 25 Sep 2012 18:46:36 1,263 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    not really, but it is remote play compatible
  • ResidentKnievel 25 Sep 2012 22:29:51 6,134 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not buying it just yet as I can't see myself playing something other than Borderlands 2 in the next few weeks.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Kill_Crazy 26 Sep 2012 15:18:16 2,292 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Watching a gameplay vid on youtube and it seems that there's a multiplayer option in the menus. Anyone know whether that's local or online and how many players?

EDIT: Ah, it appears to be local only.

Edited by Kill_Crazy at 15:28:03 26-09-2012
  • spindle9988 26 Sep 2012 15:53:35 3,504 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is it a psn game? Or a full priced one?
  • krushing 26 Sep 2012 16:58:21 777 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PSN apparently: "A quick final word for Plus members. You can claim 20% off the standard 9.99/12.99/AUS$19.95 price tag for the first two weeks on release, and get the Animal Character Bundle skin pack for free for one week." (from the PS blog)
  • Kill_Crazy 26 Sep 2012 17:05:26 2,292 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's up on the store. Don't forget the free dlc too & the ps+ free dlc too too ;)
  • JohnnyIsTruant 26 Sep 2012 22:20:29 57 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Holy fuck, about an hour into it and I'm now stalking the streets of tokyo with my gang of pomeranians tearing the throats out of any fucker who looks at us funny. I think I've found my game of the year.
  • JohnnyIsTruant 26 Sep 2012 22:22:04 57 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On a side note I've just realised I've taken an area with a gang of puppies I wasn't supposed to have done until much later, thought it was a bit hard to be honest. Right there are some cats in Dogenzaka I'd like a word with
  • chrisno21 27 Sep 2012 10:09:21 1,471 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played through the tutorial and love the tone - glad I bought, even after only playing the tutorial.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 30 September 2012 23:17:16
    Only got playing an hour of this but man!! So happy I picked it up, had the biggest idiot grin on my face when my pack of two Pomeranians took out a wild horse but then all turned to hell when we were ambushed by a pack of wild beagles. Lost one of the pups there and took to the roofs where I took out a sleeping lion after a heated battle.:D

As Chrisno21 says the tone is great and I'm looking forward to seeing what the story mission I unlocked is like tomorrow. Also haven't even mentioned the heroic chick I encountered when wandering about.
  • Zackv4861 1 Oct 2012 18:25:00 1,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is worth getting then? Saw it at the expo and i'm intrigued
  • Deleted user 1 October 2012 21:39:42
    Had a longer blast of it today. My pack of Pomeranians took out a tiger and after that managed to clear out an area of the cat population. Then all went to hell as random pollution kicked in and wiped out my pack.

I have to say while this is enjoyable to pick up and play for a few hours there are a couple of annoying things but I would not let that stop anyone from giving it a blast.

The story missions are well lets just say full of japanese charm.
  • RabidChild 1 Oct 2012 21:52:00 2,289 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am totally hooked on this game.
  • mikeck 3 Oct 2012 19:05:13 1,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is as barmy as I expected...awesome.
  • GrandTheftApu 5 Oct 2012 09:45:05 6,119 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am beginning to get a little annoyed by the game. The longest I have survived so far is 30 years. Is there an order in which you are supposed to claim the territories?

Too often after claiming the first territory and creating a new generation I go to a new territory where no prey (or larger predators) has spawned so I can mark all the flags but can't mate because there is nothing to kill so I can't level up and normally end up starving to death en route to another new territory.
  • mikeck 5 Oct 2012 09:59:12 1,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GrandTheftApu This is the exact trouble I'm having at the moment. Haven't completed one game of survival mode yet (not even sure what the completion requirement is).
  • FanBoysSuck 5 Oct 2012 10:13:53 1,453 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was confused by this at first as well. The objective of survival is to do the missions set in the menu. They unlock new story missions and new animals.

When you're looking to move to a new territory, hit start and look at the world map. It'll tell you which areas have things to eat.

So far I've hit year 47. I always end up getting taken out by one of the massive animals that spawn after year 30 such as herds of Ox. Bloody brilliant game though!

For the emperor!

• HiddenAway 5 Oct 2012 12:13:34 14,859 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mikeck I don't think there's an overall requirement in Survival mode other than to survive as long as you can while completing the Challenges list. It pays to look at the list and know where to go ahead of time as the challenges refresh and expire every 10 years or so.

If you want to complete the game story-wise, you need to go to Chapters from the main menu. A new chapter becomes available as you collect the archives - in Survival mode.

EDIT: Oh, and look out for the special challenges which unlock other animals to play as in Survival mode.

Edited by HiddenAway at 12:25:14 05-10-2012

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• mikeck 5 Oct 2012 14:24:08 1,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @HiddenAway That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

I can get to about 30 years with the Pomeranian, but then I get too reckless and always lose it.

The deer I haven't got past ten years yet. I'll persevere though.

I need some new animals, so will explore further and try to unlock some new ones.

It's a cracking game, just not very good at 'telling' you want to do - which isn't a criticism actually, just an observation.

I still can't find the way to the Forest Cave which crops up as a challenge for example.
  • mikeck 5 Oct 2012 14:25:06 1,905 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck I will definitely start keeping an eye on the challenges each time I move territory then. Cheers.
  • HiddenAway 5 Oct 2012 14:32:36 14,859 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mikeck I'm just taking it from the digital manual which is available on the home screen.

I play in co-op most of the time. The best moment being when I was left on my own and stumbled across a few lion cubs - then legging it out of the area being chased by lions and lionesses (sp?) and ostriches in the next area. Oh, and dodging an alligator. I think a cow managed to get me in the end...

• mrharvest 24 Oct 2012 20:42:13 5,186 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The wild difficulty spikes really bother me. Unlocking most of the animals is really easy but then every once in a while you'll need to defeat tosa boss with retrievers or take over hippos with buffalos. It's bizarre, like they didn't even test it at all. Worst is you can't even try it without playing the mandatory 20 years first so it takes ages to find out if you get lucky this time or not.
  • HiddenAway 24 Oct 2012 22:02:14 14,859 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mrharvest Eh? I haven't seen any challenges (yet) which force you to wait 20 years. Some may force 2 changes in generation but you could always do that in quick succession...

• mrharvest 25 Oct 2012 06:08:39 5,186 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sorry, that was bit of an exaggeration. All the second tier ones required change generation 2 times and complete 4 challenges. This means it'll be a minimum of 11 years. It's still quite a long wait if you ask me.

I'm equally offended by having to wait 1 year in the beginning before any challenges unlock. I quite often end up just standing in place for years waiting for the new challenges to come up.

Edit:

Here's my list of nitpicks:
    *The difficulty curve is random. You start off with the hardest animals. And then there's something like the chick which is completely useless and introduces a new mechanism without telling you about it.
    *Animals seem to unlock in the wrong order and difficulty of unlocking animals is random.
    *Day / night cycle is broken: usually the fourth year is night unless you sleep or mate at which point the next generation always starts at night.
    *If you mate it resets all the food in the district. Why? Surely you want to mate in high food areas so your offspring has it good.
    *With the slower animals just running through the longer areas drains all your food. This is particularly annoying if the area has no food.
    *Challenges such as "eat 4 mushrooms" are frustrating because it's all down to whether the random number generator has placed 4 mushrooms in any nearby map.
    *Some of the AI controlled animals have really cool attacks - why can't I perform them even if I play as the same animal?
    *Bears and hippos are omnivores. Why aren't they?
    *Why can't the hippo go in the sewers? Surely that would be the only place a hippo could live.
    *I'm not logged into to PSN because I don't have an active network connection. Why do you keep asking me after every single play if I want to log in to submit my score. I don't.

Edited by mrharvest at 09:13:57 25-10-2012

Edited by mrharvest at 10:54:12 25-10-2012
  • patch 11 Dec 2012 08:58:01 543 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remote play for Tokyo Jungle coming "hopefully soon".
  • Murbal 11 Dec 2012 08:59:56 21,947 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    patch wrote:
    Remote play for Tokyo Jungle coming "hopefully soon".
    That is great news. Also, I can't wait for my HDD to turn up so I can actually download the thing and play it!
  • sailesh 21 Jan 2013 19:36:30 591 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tempted in this - people still having good times with it?

Work http://www.sailesh-online.com | Play http://saileshcreates.tumblr.com

• Trafford 8 Mar 2013 06:49:54 5,644 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, I've just picked up on this game. It sounds amazing.
    Must buy tonight.
  • steve242526 11 Jul 2013 19:14:35 132 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just topped up my account to get this while it's on sale in the store. Everyone still enjoying it ? Or is there anything better to splash my cash on ? I'm really intrigued by it but there's quite a few conflicting reviews. I'm assuming it's one of those 'you'll either like it or hate it' games !
  • Page

of 4 First / Last