Raw Danger 4: Summer Memories

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Rauha 1 Sep 2010 01:26:35 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Megaton!!! :)

Just announced in this weeks Famitsu. No real info aside from its coming to PS3.

Those who don't know what the fuss is about (I'm guessing alot of you):

The Raw Danger games are a blend of Action/Adventure/Survival. Raw Danger on the PS2 (a sequel to Disaster report) was released on the PS2 and followed 6 characters attempting to escape a city flooded by torrential rains.

From Wiki,
    Players must think on their feet and utilize creative survival skills to have any hope of seeing their family again. Body temperature and health decrease when players are wet or in cold weather too long. They must find places to warm themselves and gather food, and find dry clothes or make them. In the end, players must run, climb, jump, and crawl their way out of this devastated city, while constantly trying to piece together information from emergency broadcasts and other victims of the disaster.

The choices that the players make within the game affects the main storyline and dialog, and ultimately the ending of the game.

I remember it getting very mixed reviews at the time of release (it was much like the Red Seed Profile/Deadly Premonition scenario) but was a better, more interesting game.

\o/ - I'm pleased. Hope I'm not alone :(
  • itamae 1 Sep 2010 02:06:04 9,892 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Woohoo, more Raw Danger! \o/

I just hope that:
    - it gets released outside of Japan
    - if it does get published in the West, then not by Agetec
    - doesn't take too much development time away from Steambot Chronicles 2 (yeah right)
  • Rauha 1 Sep 2010 02:09:58 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SC2 - Wonder if that's canned/on-hold. And yes, I hope Agetec stay far away. Atlus!
  • PanStre 1 Sep 2010 08:01:34 425 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was a Raw Danger 2 & 3? When did that happen?
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 08:23:41
    Irem FTW!

PanStre wrote:

The second was 'published' by *sigh* 505 Games who didn't put any copies into the UK, never played it but seems to be the same kind of disaster/silly antics that made SOS The Final Escape so enjoyable.

The third was a *sigh* PSP game with more of a *sigh* anime look, it wasn't picked up by anyone outside Japan.

Lets hope someone signs this up, maybe Rising Star can do a publishing deal with Irem. Fingers crossed we also hear about Steambot Chronicles 2 at the TGS show in a few weeks time.
  • FabricatedLunatic 1 Sep 2010 09:02:50 13,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PanStre wrote:
    By Raw Danger I believe the OP means Zettai Zetsumei Toshi.

Zettai Zetsumei Toshi - released in the US as Disaster Report
    Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2 - released in the US as Raw Danger
    Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 - on PSP, not localized
    Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 - see thread

Moar Zettai Zetsumei Toshi would certainly be most welcome, though I echo itamae's sentiments about keeping Agetech as far away from it as possible. Although if it came down to a choice between renamed characters with dodgy blonde dye jobs/editing out pervert teachers and nothing, I'd reluctantly choose the former.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2010 09:09:52
    Woohoo!
  • Cappy 1 Sep 2010 11:26:43 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking forward to this already. I hope it gets localised. :)

I wonder if they're going to extend to other types of disaster scenario or revisit old ones. Both the Earthquakes and floods of the first two games could gain a new dimension from all the physics middleware developers have access to these days.
  • Cappy 1 Sep 2010 11:45:46 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories would be a more accurate title for now, Raw Danger was just some made up Agetec bollocks and is unlikely to ever be used as a title again.

More details:
    You can enter collapsed buildings, within which you'll find survivors and additional escape routes.
    You'll find new items, including crutches for when your legs are injured.
    The game has a new "cleanliness" parameter for your character. If your character gets too dirty, your stress will rise. To increase your cleanliness parameter, you need to... Use the toilet!.
  • Rauha 1 Sep 2010 11:49:05 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    -At the start of the game, you can set gender, face style, and hair style. As you work through the game, you'll earn over 100 clothing items, including suits and casual outfits.

-Famitsu's information box lists 3D, Move and 5.1 support for the game.

-Fully titled Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4: Summer Memories.

-The game will feature over 60 characters, the largest in series history.

\o/ - Andrisang
  • Rauha 1 Sep 2010 11:50:38 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Cappy and FabLun, yeah I think you're both right. Used Raw Danger since I thought it would be more recognisable.
  • Cappy 1 Sep 2010 11:57:56 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if this means Irem is coming out of stealth mode with a reveal for Bumpytrot 2 at TGS. The new Disaster Report is not that far off release so they've obviously been playing their cards close to the chest.
  • Rauha 1 Sep 2010 12:07:57 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When was the last time they showed Steambot Chronicles 2? TGS 2007? I really do hope they have it at TGS then.
  • Rauha 2 Sep 2010 02:37:31 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Scans/first shots. Looks quite ambitious for an Irem title :) Also, the one and only comment from the page is quite funny.
  • Cappy 14 Sep 2010 14:01:26 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Irem have released a higher resolution screen shot, just one though. Graphic whores, for your own safety avert your eyes... Now.

I fear this is going to get slaughtered if it ever gets released overseas, the graphics look to be even more PS2(ish) than Yakuza 3.
  • Rauha 14 Sep 2010 14:15:00 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's pretty good for an Irem game :p
  • Blerk Moderator 14 Sep 2010 14:19:44 48,225 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It pleases me to discover that this series isn't dead. :-)
  • Deleted user 14 September 2010 14:29:23
    Yakuza! Only post Dreamcast Sega could mess up Shenmue meets Streets of Rage. ;)

Screen looks pretty nice, hope by going with a certain detail level now they can do everything they want, the first one was very ambitious for a small developer on PS2 and it showed.

Probably rambled about this before, but I wish more games went for a PS2 level of detail. It certainly works with Wipeout HD and the GOW rerelease, as well as PS2 games on PC like Beyond Good and Evil, not to mention PS2 emulation.

Distinctive visual style, smooth frame rate and crisp HD textures in riskier lower budget games would do nicely.
  • Whizzo 14 Sep 2010 14:34:07 43,264 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've still got my copy of Raw Danger in shrink wrap that I imported from Amazon.fr (they still keep sending me emails), one of these days I shall pop it into my PS2 and play it!

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 14 September 2010 14:48:54
    Here we are, poverty stricken, starving to death from a lack of Raw Danger goodness in our gaming diet and you dangle it in our faces.

You monster, now unwrap that badboy and play it hard and fast!

• Cappy 14 Sep 2010 15:05:13 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I've still got my copy of Raw Danger in shrink wrap that I imported from Amazon.fr (they still keep sending me emails), one of these days I shall pop it into my PS2 and play it!

Too late!

I have a similar problem with lots of imports I bought last generation. The price sealed copies of the rarer titles go for online nowadays discourages me from ever opening them, Xenosaga III for instance. As soon as you tear the seal you're throwing away 40-50. :-(
  • Whizzo 14 Sep 2010 15:06:48 43,264 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Damn I hadn't thought of the value of a sealed, never released in the UK copy. Looks like I won't be playing it after all.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 18 September 2010 08:14:50
    Pure evil ^

Anyway, for those of us who remain true to the mighty Irem, here is a brief teaser:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/09/17/disaster-report-4-summer-memories-breaks-away-from-b-rated-graphics/

• Rauha 18 Sep 2010 11:10:05 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phyre engine, Move and 3D. Nice teaser.

I think if anything that's a killer app for Move ;)
  • Cappy 20 Sep 2010 09:24:14 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More screen shots courtesy of The Magic Box.

Some of them even look nice this time. If it has the same story branching survival/adventure play as Disaster Report this is looking like a must buy.

Look out for the new hygiene meter, people might not want to talk to you if you smell too much. Wow! Just like being a PC gamer for a day.
  • Rauha 10 Feb 2011 18:15:12 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Delayed from March 10th to Spring: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/11/disaster_report_4_delay/

But that's okay, since Irem is probably using their time to work on Bumpy Trot 2 alongside RD4 (lies).
  • FabricatedLunatic 10 Feb 2011 18:49:23 13,034 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought this was going to be a "licensed in the US by Atlus/NISA/Aksys" type post :-(

Want this so bad. Want Bumpy Trot 2 even more.
  • Cappy 11 Feb 2011 13:29:26 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Judging by the recent screenshots, Disaster Report 4 is looking more and more like Steambot Chronicles, the outlined/cel shaded style is very similar.

Maybe Disaster Report 4 is all that remains of Steambot Chronicles 2, or they're sharing a lot of the same code to save money.
  • Cappy 7 Mar 2011 10:57:37 12,086 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some new screen shots that show how areas change throughout the game.

Illustrated via a shop post earthquake, which subsequently catches fire, later you can visit the burnt out shell to look for items left by the blaze.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous