Alan Partridge returns! Aha!

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:07:26
    Just heard on the news Steve's bringing him back with a series on the internet? 12 minute episodes.

    Why is it not being done on the BBC as a six episode series? Ten 12 minute episodes, hey?

    Can someone confirm this?
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:10:54
    Quick Google confirms...
    http://www.sunvote.co.uk/cms/entertainment/152379/glad_alan_partridge_is_making_a_return
  • thelzdking 30 Aug 2010 12:22:46 4,328 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Didn't Armando Iannucci say he wouldn't have anything to do with anymore Alan Partridge though? If so it could go either way. Still, I hope it's good.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:24:09
    Cheers, my internet search skills failed. Nice one then, it is true. Went to the show and while his characters are great, barring the weird mid-aged hippy type, not sure why does that saxondale type, it doesn't work. AP as a character works. He finished his show with Alan Partridge acting in a show as Sir Thomas Moore.

    To think this got bad reviews in Liverpool, seriously the best piece of acting I've seen. His ending where he attacks himself is probably the best comedy song ever. It's actually quite difficult to find this on youtube.... here you go.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudaQEOaFzs

    This is hilarious!
  • whoyouknow 30 Aug 2010 12:26:03 163 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    *A-ha.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:26:11
    thelzdking wrote:
    Didn't Armando Iannucci say he wouldn't have anything to do with anymore Alan Partridge though? If so it could go either way. Still, I hope it's good.

    Why doesn't he want to?

    I imagine Steve could do the character without him, but it would be so much better with Armando Iannucci involved. Didn't he do "the thick of it"?
  • woodnotes 30 Aug 2010 12:27:41 4,922 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still think there's life left in the old Partridge yet, but not without Iannucci, and not as part of a beer advertising campaign.

    And it's "Aha!" not "Haha!".

    EDIT: Or technically, "ah-haa" according to the Abba lyrics :)
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:30:03
    linked again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudaQEOaFzs
  • the_dudefather 30 Aug 2010 12:34:37 9,204 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rear of the goalposts!

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • tombo 30 Aug 2010 12:34:57 2,095 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Actually, Iannucci said a few weeks ago that 'they had got a story finalised' for the next Partridge film, so he is involved in it.

    Edit: Source
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:40:31
    woodnotes wrote:
    I still think there's life left in the old Partridge yet, but not without Iannucci, and not as part of a beer advertising campaign.

    And it's "Aha!" not "Haha!".

    EDIT: Or technically, "ah-haa" according to the Abba lyrics :)

    You're right. Stop getting Partridge wrong! :D

    This is fantastic in reference to your Abba info. She is superb, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9I1iZN2xQ4
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:51:16
    Hello can a mod re-do the thread title to "Aha" rather than "haha"

    Woodnotes is correct.
  • Lukus 30 Aug 2010 12:53:27 19,004 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fruity ruins Partridge with his boundless enthusiasm. There, I said it.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Lukus 30 Aug 2010 12:56:22 19,004 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nipples wrote:
    Quick Google confirms...
    http://www.sunvote.co.uk/cms/entertainment/152379/glad_alan_partridge_is_making_a_return

    Coogan, 44, accepted a big-money offer from beer giant Fosters to write the short episodes as part of their comedy promotion.

    A source revealed: "Steve has agreed to get Alan out of semi-retirement for a lot of cash. "It's all part of Fosters moving into comedy. One of their initiatives is to persuade writers and comedians to revive classic British comedies on the internet."


    Hmm, this sound potentially miserable anyway. I wonder how much free reign he'll get with the scripts for a start. I don't like the Fosters involvement at all.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 12:57:29
    Lukus wrote:
    Fruity ruins Partridge with his boundless enthusiasm. There, I said it.

    I've ruined it for you. I just love the character. The chat show format was brilliant, you never knew what was going to happen. A classic.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 13:00:40
    Lukus wrote:
    Nipples wrote:
    Quick Google confirms...
    http://www.sunvote.co.uk/cms/entertainment/152379/glad_alan_partridge_is_making_a_return

    Coogan, 44, accepted a big-money offer from beer giant Fosters to write the short episodes as part of their comedy promotion.

    A source revealed: "Steve has agreed to get Alan out of semi-retirement for a lot of cash. "It's all part of Fosters moving into comedy. One of their initiatives is to persuade writers and comedians to revive classic British comedies on the internet."


    Hmm, this sound potentially miserable anyway. I wonder how much free reign he'll get with the scripts for a start. I don't like the Fosters involvement at all.

    You know what would work, "Alan goes to America" - could do it like the doc telly Sacha Baron Cohen is famous for. That would really work in that format actually.
  • nickthegun 30 Aug 2010 13:44:23 58,886 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    Fruity ruins Partridge with his boundless enthusiasm. There, I said it.

    I've ruined it for you. I just love the character. The chat show format was brilliant, you never knew what was going to happen. A classic.

    How can you watch the whole chat show series and still get his main catchphrase wrong? He only says it 400 times an episode.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • thelzdking 30 Aug 2010 13:55:48 4,328 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    tombo wrote:
    Actually, Iannucci said a few weeks ago that 'they had got a story finalised' for the next Partridge film, so he is involved in it.

    Edit: Source
    That's good to hear. I was a bit apprehensive about Partridge without Iannucci.
  • Futaba 30 Aug 2010 14:01:38 3,462 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All the excellent comedy in the world thrown at me couldn't convince me fosters is a good beer.

    As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 14:02:53
    Thank you PiD for correcting the title :)

    Nice one, cheers.
  • woodnotes 30 Aug 2010 14:47:16 4,922 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If anyone is wondering what Coogan's next TV project is:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/the-trip/
  • woodnotes 30 Aug 2010 14:48:07 4,922 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Futaba wrote:
    All the excellent comedy in the world thrown at me couldn't convince me fosters is a good beer.
    I always think of it as 50p a pint Student's Union NUS discount beer.
  • Big-Swiss 30 Aug 2010 15:19:45 8,076 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ok, I see, Fruitsalad doesen't work, so now all hell broke loose on the Eg Forums...............please go back to work fruity!

    even more, cause this is just the start, the way I know you, this will only get extremer from day to day.
  • mal 30 Aug 2010 15:31:17 22,341 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Nipples wrote:
    Quick Google confirms...
    http://www.sunvote.co.uk/cms/entertainment/152379/glad_alan_partridge_is_making_a_return

    Coogan, 44, accepted a big-money offer from beer giant Fosters to write the short episodes as part of their comedy promotion.

    A source revealed: "Steve has agreed to get Alan out of semi-retirement for a lot of cash. "It's all part of Fosters moving into comedy. One of their initiatives is to persuade writers and comedians to revive classic British comedies on the internet."


    Hmm, this sound potentially miserable anyway. I wonder how much free reign he'll get with the scripts for a start. I don't like the Fosters involvement at all.
    Not so fussed about the Fosters connection personally (it's probably Heineken Corp anyway over here anyway), but I tend to agree - the suits convincing comedians to resurrect an old character rarely works out well - see that Blackadder thing they did for the Dome.

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • Deleted user 30 August 2010 15:43:44
    woodnotes wrote:
    If anyone is wondering what Coogan's next TV project is:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/the-trip/

    That's superb!

    Didn't know anything about that, cheers.
  • morriss 30 Aug 2010 15:59:06 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Back of the net! :p
  • localnotail 31 Aug 2010 12:08:51 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still think they should have taken Alan into the Celebrity Big Brother house.

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • thelzdking 31 Aug 2010 12:18:44 4,328 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Still think they should have taken Alan into the Celebrity Big Brother house.
    That would have been great. Malcolm Tucker as well.
  • consignia 31 Aug 2010 12:23:54 1,433 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    If anyone is wondering what Coogan's next TV project is:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/the-trip/

    Sounds like a TV version of A Cock and Bull Story.
  • localnotail 24 Sep 2010 10:47:33 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Aiannucci today:

    So, we've been shooting Alan Partridge's radio show all week. It'll pop up as 12 10-minute eps somewhere quite soon.


    I think Alan has big hopes for the Radio 1 Breakfast slot once they sack Chris Moyles or make him the new Controller of BBC1

    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply