An Idiot Abroad

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
  • coda 18 Aug 2010 17:35:30 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sky have started advertising this new show featuring the Ricky Gervais podcast star Karl Pilkington!

    They're sending him unwillingly around the world to experience the seven wonders of the world, I can't stand Ricky Gervais but I can't get enough of Karl Pilkington so this looks like it's going to be hilarious.

    It starts September 5th on Sky 1.
  • SG 18 Aug 2010 17:39:51 1,892 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looks great. I thought that The Ricky Gervais Show should have been called The Karl Pilkington show as he made it. Still like Ricky though.

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • Deleted user 6 September 2010 23:42:14
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTH1coLIWE

    \o/

    About to watch now.
  • Deleted user 7 September 2010 00:01:03
    Oh God, this is great

    "Alright, the Great Wall of China goes on for miles, but so does the M6"
  • MrDigital 7 Sep 2010 00:05:55 1,866 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Over rated, the lot of the them. Karl, Ricky and Steven. They had a fortunate situation and time which made them in comedy stars, but those without any real substance.

    Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

  • GuiltySpark 7 Sep 2010 02:26:41 6,357 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Success means fuck all, it is definitely not a factor in which to measure wether or not something is good.

    Get bent.

  • ecureuil 7 Sep 2010 02:42:44 76,722 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's clearly talented though.
  • Deleted user 7 September 2010 07:33:16
    yup
  • skuzzbag 7 Sep 2010 07:38:15 5,638 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Created the office and extras.

    Yes yes, clearly overrated.

    Anyway, nice attempt at turning a promising thread into a clusterfuck from the word go!
  • Dirtbox 7 Sep 2010 07:44:48 77,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I didn't like either, they actually were overrated in my book. But this looks brilliant.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Zomoniac 7 Sep 2010 08:03:54 7,826 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ricky Gervais' laugh makes me want to die.
  • JuanKerr 7 Sep 2010 08:20:16 36,240 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Geesh wrote:
    Over rated, the lot of the them. Karl, Ricky and Steven. They had a fortunate situation and time which made them in comedy stars, but those without any real substance.

    How was The Office a 'fortunate situation'? Did they just sit down and fortunately write a highly-regarded comedy?
  • MrDigital 7 Sep 2010 08:37:42 1,866 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Geesh wrote:
    Over rated, the lot of the them. Karl, Ricky and Steven. They had a fortunate situation and time which made them in comedy stars, but those without any real substance.

    How was The Office a 'fortunate situation'? Did they just sit down and fortunately write a highly-regarded comedy?

    It was a drunk post, disregard it :)

    Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

  • Hunkyjim 7 Sep 2010 08:38:40 178 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'll probably find him funnier when Gervais isn't sat next to him going "DID HE JUST SAY THAT? LOL!"
  • JuanKerr 7 Sep 2010 08:42:04 36,240 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Geesh wrote:
    JuanKerr wrote:
    Geesh wrote:
    Over rated, the lot of the them. Karl, Ricky and Steven. They had a fortunate situation and time which made them in comedy stars, but those without any real substance.

    How was The Office a 'fortunate situation'? Did they just sit down and fortunately write a highly-regarded comedy?

    It was a drunk post, disregard it :)

    Heh heh, fair enough.
  • skuzzbag 7 Sep 2010 09:05:23 5,638 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    but but Booze makes things funnier... apart from sorosis of the liver.
  • Chopsen 7 Sep 2010 09:09:50 15,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is sorosis of the liver so called that because you get a really sore liver with it?
  • President_Weasel 7 Sep 2010 11:19:10 9,175 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunkyjim wrote:
    I'll probably find him funnier when Gervais isn't sat next to him going "DID HE JUST SAY THAT? LOL!"

    This.

    I do rather like Karl Pilkington's somehow simultaneously common-sense, down-to-earth, yet completely insane take on the world.
  • pilkers 9 Sep 2010 22:20:05 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The full preview show is on youtube (linked from Ricky's blog):

    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTH1coLIWE

    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TChZa-GfAtA
  • Deleted user 9 September 2010 22:23:50
    Seen the preview show, it's fantastic. Love it when Karl is at breaking point in the Jungle. I love it in the studio with Karl trying to explain to Ricky why you can't just go outside for a piss at night in the Jungle :D

    Found this website, it's got all the XFM radio shows, which you can stream directly on the website. These radio shows are fantastic:

    http://www.karlsroundhead.com
  • Deleted user 9 September 2010 22:26:18
    Also: "nobody needs to see China in HD. China, dreadful!"

    lmao!
  • Deleted user 9 September 2010 22:30:18
    pilkers wrote:
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TChZa-GfAtA

    4 minutes 30 seconds is hilarious

    "oh for fuck sake"

    I love Karl P.

  • Deleted user 9 September 2010 23:47:58
    pilkers wrote:
    The full preview show is on youtube (linked from Ricky's blog):

    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTH1coLIWE

    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TChZa-GfAtA

    GOD, this is so funny.
  • Deleted user 10 September 2010 00:39:37
    Ricky Gervais hobby is annoying Karl Pilkington. Just watch Ricky, he loves it.
  • Deleted user 10 September 2010 00:45:32
    Steve and Ricky have set Karl right up. Can't wait for the series. Best thing on Sky in a long time.
  • Deleted user 10 September 2010 00:51:42
    Nah, keep it. It's a good language for slaging off the English without them knowing in your company :p
  • Deleted user 10 September 2010 00:55:21
    StarMagic wrote:
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:
    Ricky Gervais hobby is annoying Karl Pilkington. Just watch Ricky, he loves it.

    I think he's pretty much employed him for his own personal entertainment. Have you seen where Ricky got Karl a part in a film, and ricky cut it out later?

    Haha! Yeah!

    He sends him out there, he hates it, and he gets a review copy and he's cut. :D

    Karl should have been in "The Invention of Lying" part one

    ... and part two (when they cut it)
  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply