Louie Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• TheSaint 25 Jan 2013 23:48:58 14,430 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought forty quid wasn't too bad although the booking fee was a rip off as ever.

I liked Doug Stanhope on Charlie Brooker and Louie but if I could go back burning the money would have been more entertaining and less painful than when I saw him live.
  • Deckard1 25 Jan 2013 23:52:25 28,096 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stanhope was and probably still is a genius, but he's just too fucking bitter now to be funny.
  • TarickStonefire 26 Jan 2013 19:23:26 3,107 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    All in, unbelievable booking fee included, it was almost £90 for two, which seems to go against the whole 'low price tickets' thing the American tour was about, but I don't care. Perhaps the only chance we'll get to see our favourite comedian by a long way, so we snapped it up.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• localnotail 12 Mar 2013 22:17:15 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The masturbation episode in Season Two is painfully brilliant.

I do still love Doug Stanhope for his sheer pissing over the edge of the abyss darkness and bile, but Louie is such a great, normal fuck-up, it's a different kind of thing.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 12 March 2013 22:21:57
    Louie is probably my favourite comedian. There's a brilliant honesty to his humour.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 22:23:09
    This brings tears to my eyes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=betkymYDzfg
  • Jono62 18 Mar 2013 14:26:05 14,129 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For those going to the Apollo on Thursday and looking for a drink before or after the show, there are two pubs nearby.

The Distillers looks good but the other one which is a little bit nearer, Duke of Cornwall, has crap reviews so is probably best to avoid.
  • craigy Staff 18 Mar 2013 15:59:08 7,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aha, cheers for the info. Should be a good show!
  • Nanocrystal 16 Apr 2013 01:03:06 1,021 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone else caught the new HBO special Oh My God? Had the wife and I in tears, so so funny.
  • localnotail 16 Apr 2013 10:16:45 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looking forward to it. It's another $5 download isn't it?

Finished S3. Brilliantly funny. Ramping up the guest stars. Left wondering how much of the Letterman stuff was real. Also the Afghan episode.

Final one was a strange one, but I liked its boldness.

Edited by localnotail at 10:46:44 16-04-2013

• Jono62 16 Apr 2013 10:27:29 14,129 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    His live show was fantastic last month. Will get that special.
  • TarickStonefire 16 Apr 2013 12:59:20 3,107 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Nanocrystal Is that the one made out of the show he just toured round the world?

If so, seen it. In 3D, no less. It was like actually being there. Very good too.

;)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:00:07 16-04-2013

• Ziz0u 16 Apr 2013 13:01:37 8,386 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hope he comes to South Africa one day. Jimmy Carr was here not too long ago, and John Cleese is here next month. Not that it's odd for stand-up acts to come here, I just don't get the impression that he ever will...

Edited by ZizouFC at 13:03:30 16-04-2013
  • Deleted user 16 April 2013 13:06:48
    HairyArse wrote:
    This brings tears to my eyes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=betkymYDzfg
    There's a special level of hell set aside for people who link to mobile versions of websites
  • sirtacos 16 Apr 2013 13:32:33 7,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm really disappointed by Louis' new HBO special.
    The material in Oh My God is thin and almost completely devoid of insight. Has his (at times brilliant) TV series sapped him of stand-up creativity?
    Toilet humour (lol I'm so old my sphincter is loose) and trite observations made me stop watching after about 30 min, which has never happened before with Louis, ever.
    Oh well. Even formidable comedians are bound to hit a bum note here and there I guess.
  • localnotail 28 Jan 2014 21:46:52 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well hello.  This is Louis CK writing to you again to let you know about new stuff coming on my website.  

Mostly I would like to tell you that starting tomorrow (Wednesday the 29th) at noon, (New York time) my first movie "Tomorrow Night" will be available for download and streaming for the usual five dollars.  As always you can buy it from anywhere in the world with no digital restrictions.

I made this movie, meaning I wrote and directed it, back in 1998.  I was a struggling comedian and TV writer at the time and I pulled together my savings and some of my fiends money to make this movie on black and white 16mm film.  

There are some great people in this movie.  Steve Carell, JB Smoove, Wanda Sykes and Conan O'Brien are some that you might have heard of.  Robert Smigel, Chuck Sklar, Rick Shapiro, Heather Morgan, Nick Diapolo, Martha Greenhouse, Greg Hahn, Carey Prusa and Joseph Dolphin,  you may have heard of a little less but they are all terrific.  In fact all these people are comedians and actors I had been working with and around back in the 90s and I wrote all of their parts for them specifically.  
    To me, that's what this movie was for, to create performance opportunities for all my favorite funny people.  And to photograph them with prime lenses on Black and White reversal film.Tomorrow Night is a bizarre little indie film and it gets pretty weird.  It was a labor of love for me.  It's how I learned to direct and there are some wonderful performances in it.  

The crew included some folks that still work with me today on my FX series "Louie" including director of Photography Paul Keostner and production designer Amy Silver.Tomorrow Night screened at the Sundance film festival as well as other festivals from Seattle to Sweden. But it never got distribution.  Any black and white movie is tricky to get a market for and this one is particularly strange. But it's funny and it's well worth watching.  That's what I think, anyway.  It certainly isn't for everyone.

In any case, Tomorrow Night has been sitting in storage in film cans for 15 years.  No one has ever seen it. There are no tapes of it or even clips of it anywhere.This year, I decided to get it out by putting it on my website.  I had an excellent digital transfer made from the negative.  The sound is the original Mono mix which is fitting for the style of the film.  Be prepared to sit through people dialing rotary phones, which takes a while.  The pace is sometimes slow and deliberate.  Sometimes crazy. But it's exactly the movie I wanted to make and I'm proud of it.  I'm putting it on my website with the hopes that I can continue this way of distributing stuff.  I'd also like to pay back some of the people who helped me finance the film.  I'd also like people to finally see it so that the performances can be awarded with applause and laughter.  I'd also like to make a profit from it so I can use the proceeds to make a new movie and release that on my website as well.  Wouldn't that be something?

Ok, so buy it tomorrow.  and tell your friends to do it also.  Or don't.  It's really only partially up to me what you do with your time and money.
    https://buy.louisck.net

Edited by localnotail at 21:51:46 28-01-2014

• monkehhh 6 May 2014 22:11:07 3,332 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Season 4 has started - two episodes out now!
  • yegon 6 May 2014 22:13:48 5,279 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @monkehhh

Ace! I know what I'll be watching with a beer when I get home :)

Edit: Watched first ep, great as always. I could watch Louie all day every day, he should be locked in a studio and forced to produce 52 eps a year, what could possibli go wrong.

Edited by yegon at 01:17:29 07-05-2014
  • Dougs 7 May 2014 08:22:42 67,828 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Another on the list of things to watch! So much content, so little time...
  • Furtive_Pygmy 7 May 2014 08:38:26 956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Fantastic! I knew there was going to be a new series but I didn't think it was out yet.

So that's the new episode of Fargo and 2 episodes of Louie to watch today. Lovely. :D

Edited by Furtive_Pygmy at 08:38:53 07-05-2014
  • Salaman 7 May 2014 08:57:22 19,092 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yaaaaay! Went looking for the latest game of thrones and spotted this as well.
    2 eps out already! Excellent stuff. Especially the second one. :-)
  • Furtive_Pygmy 7 May 2014 10:53:59 956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Daddy, do the Beatles! :lol:
  • monkehhh 9 May 2014 19:57:47 3,332 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally got chance to watch both episodes.. so good!
  • TarickStonefire 10 May 2014 08:04:13 3,107 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    I'm really disappointed by Louis' new HBO special.
    The material in Oh My God is thin and almost completely devoid of insight. Has his (at times brilliant) TV series sapped him of stand-up creativity?
    Toilet humour (lol I'm so old my sphincter is loose) and trite observations made me stop watching after about 30 min, which has never happened before with Louis, ever.
    Oh well. Even formidable comedians are bound to hit a bum note here and there I guess.
    I couldn't sit through the whole thing either, but then I'd seen him do it all word for word in London last year. It seemed a bit funnier then. But watching this I didn't laugh once, even though I can re-watch Louie episodes all the time. Had to turn it off to quell the disappointment.

• BillMurray 20 May 2014 23:41:11 7,745 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The latest episode was one of my favourites. Loved the violin scene. Expected Louie to get as weepy as I did. Definitely the happiest I've seen him, which is nice.
  • monkehhh 3 Jun 2014 21:19:10 3,332 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The series continues and is excellent, brilliant TV.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 4 Jun 2014 11:56:05 956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Seen all 10 episodes of the new series now. I really think I could just watch this all day, every day, it's so good and heart warming and awkward and lots of other stuff.

Please don't tell me I'm the only person who relates a lot to Louie in real life?
  • Salaman 6 Jun 2014 14:35:51 19,092 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm quite pleased they're coming in two episodes a week.
    I was quite annoyed by the doctor the first times he made an appearance. He was lovely in his last scene though, when he was walking his dog. You're an idiot!

Did anyone find the rescue the ex-wife and daughters scene a bit odd?
    It took up a fair chunk of the show and it just didn't seem to serve any purpose.
    They'd been building up to the hurricane a bit in the previous week, so I guess they felt they needed to do something with it. Didn't make much sense to me though. He goes over there, he picks them up and ... that's it really. They're not even at his place afterwards.

I'm happy to gloss over that one little hiccup though, that scene in the restaurant with the waiter solemnly declaring his (her) love for Louie was absolutely great!
  • Page

of 7 First / Last