Stealing from communal work fridge Page 2

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• matt6666 17 Aug 2010 09:26:34 2,620 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Start dropping erratic violent suggestions into conversations at really inappropriate points.. Couple this with really obsessive hygiene habits.
  • StringBeanJean 17 Aug 2010 09:29:20 1,777 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just put it in a tuppereware container. People won't see it or will think that it's got your lunch it in.

Failing that, get some pubes involved.
  • andywilkie35 17 Aug 2010 09:31:58 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Send an email to the entire office demanding that they leave it alone and that the culprit should identify themselves and reimburse you.

This can only have a positive outcome.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:34:08 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    Seriously guys, the more you do, (bags etc) the more people will realise it irritates you, and the more they will do it.

Tell folk they can help themselves, spend £8 more a year on butter, and leave all this stress behind.

Thing is I have no problem paying for the butter, the bit that pisses me off is that they always uses that last of the butter, leaving me none for my breakfast which means I am starving till 2pm which is about the time I get my Lunch. That's why I bought the big tub of stuff. (though it was a big tub of crap stuff with my butter behind it so they ate my nice stuff instead)

(stupid phone double posting so deleted the second)
  • QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:34:09 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Vice.Destroyer 17 Aug 2010 09:34:39 5,840 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    QueenofSpain wrote:
    I have same problem at work. Annoying to say the least. I even tried buying a big tub and wrote for all staff on It and the buggers bypassed it and still stole my nice butter!

Off with their head!

That would drive me batshit insane. It really would.
  • Vice.Destroyer 17 Aug 2010 09:36:02 5,840 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcbi4kh2 wrote:
    Keep this on your desk and put your butter in it. For extra cool points get a Simpsons one like mine.

This approach also has the added benefit of you not having to get up to make your sandwiches.

Since this method has been EG approved, I just may, may buy that for myself.
  • THFourteen 17 Aug 2010 09:36:34 33,487 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stop being such a fat knacker and have something healthy like nutella for breakfast, which contains one whole almond
  • Salaman 17 Aug 2010 09:36:41 19,093 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The pubes is a good idea.
    Buy 2 tubs. Scrape off about a centimeter of butter from the first.
    Now carefully take the aluminum foil bit off the second tub, place it in the first tub and put more butter on top, leaving the lip sticking up in a corner.
    Now stick your hand down your pants and yank out a good handful of pubes & put them on top.
    The butter thief will pass up on your new and improved butter offering. You can use the little lip sticking up in a corner to raise the top layer and get to the clean buttery goodness underneath.

Bit of a faff but hey ... you want your butter to yourself .. you have to put some effort in.
  • dutchspeededup 17 Aug 2010 09:38:29 4,392 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    QueenofSpain wrote:
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    Seriously guys, the more you do, (bags etc) the more people will realise it irritates you, and the more they will do it.

Tell folk they can help themselves, spend £8 more a year on butter, and leave all this stress behind.

Thing is I have no problem paying for the butter, the bit that pisses me off is that they always uses that last of the butter, leaving me none for my breakfast which means I am starving till 2pm which is about the time I get my Lunch. That's why I bought the big tub of stuff. (though it was a big tub of crap stuff with my butter behind it so they ate my nice stuff instead)

Right, in which case you definitely needto change your approach. Tell people that they can share but not to finish it off. That's reasonable.

If they do finish it off implement one of the more aggressive suggestions above. Personally I favour face stabbing, but I would caveat that by saying that that is my answer to everything.

Equally, since people know I am partial to a nice face stabbing, they tend not to fuck with my spreads and condiments.
  • QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:41:14 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    QueenofSpain wrote:
    dutchspeededup wrote:

Right, in which case you definitely needto change your approach. Tell people that they can share but not to finish it off. That's reasonable.

If they do finish it off implement one of the more aggressive suggestions above. Personally I favour face stabbing, but I would caveat that by saying that that is my answer to everything.

Equally, since people know I am partial to a nice face stabbing, they tend not to fuck with my spreads and condiments.
    Well I have tried the please leave me some note and it was ineffective, so I may lean towards the salaman approach. Be fun to find out what infection control think off that in the ward fridge hehe
  • Load_2.0 17 Aug 2010 09:42:16 19,303 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Butter is a total free for all.

Any tub with a reasonable amount is fair game.

Buying butter is for suckers.
  • QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:44:17 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Also, people could try eating their fucking breakfast at home.

/hates office breakfast munchers

I'm a nurse, I start work too early to have breakfast before I start, and don't get lunch till about 2pm, not allowed to eat on the ward so get a breafast break. Am I ok to have breakfast munchies please sir;-)
  • Load_2.0 17 Aug 2010 09:45:15 19,303 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also, toasters are a fire hazard and a fire risk assessment is required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order if you are in England or Wales and under Part 3 of theFire (Scotland) Act if you are in Scotland.

Edit - oh... lady poster!

Erm stop breaking the law punks.

• Deleted user 17 August 2010 09:45:19
    Keep your butter in your drawer in a butter dish.
  • shamblemonkee 17 Aug 2010 09:45:45 14,401 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    plus, eating time at home is time that could be spent at work, thus enabling an earlier finish. \o/
  • tumbletoss 17 Aug 2010 09:46:36 16,030 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Breakfast office munchers are ok. It's people who eat at meetings who piss me off.

• QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:47:23 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    Also, toasters are a fire hazard and a fire risk assessment is required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order if you are in England or Wales and under Part 3 of theFire (Scotland) Act if you are in Scotland.

Erm stop breaking the law punks.

Please! If bad language offended me I wouldn't be on EG!
  • tumbletoss 17 Aug 2010 09:47:30 16,030 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:

Some nurses are men, you know?

• Load_2.0 17 Aug 2010 09:48:14 19,303 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Load "$" wrote:

Some nurses are men, you know?

Yeah but they are not married to KoS
  • Deleted user 17 August 2010 09:48:29
    Do you need to refrigerate butter? (What about eggs? Ketchup?)
  • shamblemonkee 17 Aug 2010 09:49:13 14,401 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I see what you're trying to do, evil.

i like.
  • mrpon 17 Aug 2010 09:49:22 28,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sprinkle a few of your rubiks on it, should keep the tea leaf at bay.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 17 August 2010 09:50:04
    What about the age-old practice of storing sticks of butter unrefrigerated but submerged in a bowl of water, to prevent oxidation and keep airborne buggers at bay? Does anyone still do that? I've heard it works quite well.
  • Alastair 17 Aug 2010 09:50:23 15,807 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    Do you need to refrigerate butter?

Only if you don't want to be able to spread it.
  • QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:51:30 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • QueenofSpain 17 Aug 2010 09:51:32 433 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago

To be honest I'm not yet married to KoS either! though I am lady poster as you put it.
  • Deleted user 17 August 2010 09:52:33
    DEFRA says that the reason eggs are sold unrefrigerated is that EU regulations specify that their temperature should remain fairly constant up to the point of sale, as major fluctuations hot-cold fluctuations tend to cause condensation inside the egg, which can produce mould and egg spoilage. However, they do recommend recommend that consumers refrigerate them at home.

Interesting.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last