Moderating. Discuss. And other fly-tipping-based anecdotes. Page 4

• Page

of 23 First / Last

• neilka 27 Jan 2011 00:39:41 16,270 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair, if you type "diana vickers rapist" into Google your name doesn't actually appear until the second page of results.

Edit: Although now this thread is the third-highest result... Sorry.
  • redcrayon 27 Jan 2011 00:39:42 4,567 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cloke_silos wrote:
    :D

I need to change my name back to Slickloose...sick of this silos shit, doesn't even make sense!

Actually Slick, esoolkcils is clearly the better choice.
  • neilka 27 Jan 2011 00:41:42 16,270 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cloke_silos wrote:
    Actually, Slick would be better! That was my original name anyway and I only had slickloose for the Wifes sake!!!
    You mean you're slick and she's loose?
  • Deleted user 27 January 2011 00:43:08
    Richard and Louise I'm guessing
  • spamdangled 27 Jan 2011 00:44:20 27,413 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cloke_silos wrote:
    Kinda...although insinuating my wife is a whore will get you killed ;)

My alias was slick and hers was screwloose, we combined them because we wuved each other...she's dropped the name and so should I!

You have a wife?

Could you list her merits?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 27 January 2011 00:45:55
    Does this really need to be in this group? Take it to random musings perchance?
  • spamdangled 27 Jan 2011 01:35:13 27,413 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    To be fair, if you type "diana vickers rapist" into Google your name doesn't actually appear until the second page of results.

Edit: Although now this thread is the third-highest result... Sorry.

If you google "diana vickers stalker" the diana vickers thread is the first result :D

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 4 September 2011 10:16:42
    http://gamers.eurogamer.net/moderators.php

Site glitch or just part of the site update? All mods / staff last seen 190+hrs ago according to what I can see on the above.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Sep 2011 10:17:53 38,728 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that's been inaccurate for months if not longer :-)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• psychokitten Moderator 4 Sep 2011 10:18:43 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it always does that :(
    Craigy would have to take a look methinks
  • Deleted user 4 September 2011 10:19:00
    Ah ok, not noticed the inaccuracy before now :)
    Cheers
  • warlockuk 4 Sep 2011 10:47:22 19,191 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    cloke_silos wrote:
    :D

I need to change my name back to Slickloose...sick of this silos shit, doesn't even make sense!

Actually Slick, esoolkcils is clearly the better choice.
    Well, if you create a new account be sure to let us know so we can update our ignore lists.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• warlockuk 4 Sep 2011 10:47:56 19,191 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /notices date
    Never mind; list already updated.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Bremenacht 19 Mar 2013 23:38:50 18,761 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why is the vizzini appreciation thread locked?

Let me guess: satan's little helpers AKA 'moderators' are so keen on sucking up to the great beelzebalmer that you'll even reduce yourselves to stamping on little threads saying nice things about principled and extremely intelligent people who appreciate the power and flexibility of the Cell Broadband Engine, which is the epitome of intelligent microprocessor design, bridging the gap between ordinary consumer microprocessors and the streamlined architecture of advanced graphics processors of the type we associate with nVidia and AMD, whilst taking the best features of both and combining them into the ultimate processing unit, capable of mathematically intensive tasks such as ray-tracing on the fly, decoding/encoding MPEG streams, ray-tracing on the fly in 3D, generating or transforming three-dimensional data, ray-tracing on the fly in 3D and displaying the very best FPS' such as Killzone 2,undertaking Fourier analysis of data or ray-tracing on the fly in 3D Killzone 2 displays whilst futhering all human life for eternity.

You malformed suckers of the devil's anus seek to deny any and all conversation which may even risk mention of the PPE, which is capable of running a conventional operating system, has control over the SPEs and can start, stop, interrupt, and schedule processes running on the SPEs. Needless to say, you fail to appreciate the eight fully functional co-processors -Synergistic Processing Elements, or SPEs- and specialized high-bandwidth circular data bus connecting the PPE, input/output elements and the SPEs, called the Element Interconnect Bus or EIB. Go on - deny it. Thought not. Idiots. A 3.2 GHz Cell BE with 8 SPEs delivering a performance equal to 100 GFLOPS on an average double precision Linpack 4096x4096 matrix. Compared to its personal computer contemporaries, the relatively high overall floating point performance of a Cell processor dwarfs the abilities of the SIMD unit in inferior CPUs.

Since each snooped address request can potentially transfer up to 128 bytes, the theoretical peak data bandwidth on the EIB at 3.2 GHz is 128Bx1.6 GHz = 204.8 GB/s. You cannot grasp how important this is. All things considered the theoretic 204.8 GB/s number most often cited is the best one to bear in mind. The IBM Systems Performance group has demonstrated SPU-centric data flows achieving 197 GB/s on a Cell processor running at 3.2 GHz so this number is a fair reflection on practice as well. This provides a theoretical peak bandwidth of 62.4 GB/s (36.4 GB/s outbound, 26 GB/s inbound) at 2.6 GHz. Your ignorance of this is unbecoming of a serious gaming website, unless of course you are doing what you are paid to do - bury the facts under a stream of childish invective, naturally.

Did you know that in late 2008, a cluster of 200 PlayStation 3 consoles was used to generate a rogue SSL certificate, effectively cracking its encryption? Of course you didn't, because you are all too busy playing on your shitbox360s and whoring your mouths out for whatever Microsoft likes to stick in there. I can't say I'll every buy your magazine again, let alone wipe my arse on it.

So anyway, as I was saying, can you please unlock the The official vizzini appreciation thread and ban all the idiots who spoil it or put them in the Wii U thread or something thank you.
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Mar 2013 23:48:14 11,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bored?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• RobTheBuilder 19 Mar 2013 23:48:41 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I too was surprised it was locked, it was in good humour, people were active on it and it wasn't duplicating anything.
  • Khanivor 19 Mar 2013 23:49:56 40,951 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Someone whined.

Probably someone in this thread.
  • richardiox 19 Mar 2013 23:50:27 5,640 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Why is the vizzini appreciation thread locked?

Let me guess: satan's little helpers AKA 'moderators' are so keen on sucking up to the great beelzebalmer that you'll even reduce yourselves to stamping on little threads saying nice things about principled and extremely intelligent people who appreciate the power and flexibility of the Cell Broadband Engine, which is the epitome of intelligent microprocessor design, bridging the gap between ordinary consumer microprocessors and the streamlined architecture of advanced graphics processors of the type we associate with nVidia and AMD, whilst taking the best features of both and combining them into the ultimate processing unit, capable of mathematically intensive tasks such as ray-tracing on the fly, decoding/encoding MPEG streams, ray-tracing on the fly in 3D, generating or transforming three-dimensional data, ray-tracing on the fly in 3D and displaying the very best FPS' such as Killzone 2,undertaking Fourier analysis of data or ray-tracing on the fly in 3D Killzone 2 displays whilst futhering all human life for eternity.

You malformed suckers of the devil's anus seek to deny any and all conversation which may even risk mention of the PPE, which is capable of running a conventional operating system, has control over the SPEs and can start, stop, interrupt, and schedule processes running on the SPEs. Needless to say, you fail to appreciate the eight fully functional co-processors -Synergistic Processing Elements, or SPEs- and specialized high-bandwidth circular data bus connecting the PPE, input/output elements and the SPEs, called the Element Interconnect Bus or EIB. Go on - deny it. Thought not. Idiots. A 3.2 GHz Cell BE with 8 SPEs delivering a performance equal to 100 GFLOPS on an average double precision Linpack 4096x4096 matrix. Compared to its personal computer contemporaries, the relatively high overall floating point performance of a Cell processor dwarfs the abilities of the SIMD unit in inferior CPUs.

Since each snooped address request can potentially transfer up to 128 bytes, the theoretical peak data bandwidth on the EIB at 3.2 GHz is 128Bx1.6 GHz = 204.8 GB/s. You cannot grasp how important this is. All things considered the theoretic 204.8 GB/s number most often cited is the best one to bear in mind. The IBM Systems Performance group has demonstrated SPU-centric data flows achieving 197 GB/s on a Cell processor running at 3.2 GHz so this number is a fair reflection on practice as well. This provides a theoretical peak bandwidth of 62.4 GB/s (36.4 GB/s outbound, 26 GB/s inbound) at 2.6 GHz. Your ignorance of this is unbecoming of a serious gaming website, unless of course you are doing what you are paid to do - bury the facts under a stream of childish invective, naturally.

Did you know that in late 2008, a cluster of 200 PlayStation 3 consoles was used to generate a rogue SSL certificate, effectively cracking its encryption? Of course you didn't, because you are all too busy playing on your shitbox360s and whoring your mouths out for whatever Microsoft likes to stick in there. I can't say I'll every buy your magazine again, let alone wipe my arse on it.

So anyway, as I was saying, can you please unlock the The official vizzini appreciation thread and ban all the idiots who spoil it or put them in the Wii U thread or something thank you.
    Brilliant
  • Bremenacht 19 Mar 2013 23:53:40 18,761 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Someone whined.

:o RobTheBuilder??!! I thought he was a good guy!?
  • cubbymoore 19 Mar 2013 23:56:00 36,501 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There was already the PS4 thread.
  • spamdangled 19 Mar 2013 23:56:06 27,413 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Someone whined.

:o RobTheBuilder??!! I thought he was a good guy!?
    I actually quite enjoyed the thread. It was a good reminder of some of the more amusing stuff he's come out with in the last few years. Didn't contain anything that wasn't already getting posted in a dozen other threads every week.

• RobTheBuilder 19 Mar 2013 23:56:47 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Bremenacht Wasn't me! I've spent hours working on a Vizzini Appreciation Thread related item!
  • RobTheBuilder 19 Mar 2013 23:57:19 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @cubbymoore Yes but separating it was designed to stop the PS4 thread getting derailed from PS$ related discussion.
  • Page

of 23 First / Last