• Page

of 23 First / Last

• Deleted user 19 March 2013 23:57:20
    DM is in favour of Internet bullying.
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:03:28 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @Bremenacht Wasn't me! I've spent hours working on a Vizzini Appreciation Thread related item!
    Not you? I'm sorry. Who could it have been? Warlock? RichardioX? Who would whine to the mods about such a harmless thread? Who would do such a thing?

Come on - own up.
  • binky Moderator 20 Mar 2013 00:04:24 9,717 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Someone whined.

Probably someone in this thread.
    This seems to be popular opinion at the moment. If a thread gets locked or a user gets banned it doesn't automatically mean that someone has complained, the mods are here to use best judgement as well as listen to any complaints and what not.

The thread was locked because we believe threads that single out other users, no matter how "well intended" generally can go a bit wrong (read: nasty).
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:04:50 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    There was already the PS4 thread.
    Which regularly fails to appreciate vizzini, preferring to discuss other stuff like the PS4. It's not enough.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 00:06:31
    binky wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Someone whined.

This seems to be popular opinion at the moment. If a thread gets locked or a user gets banned it doesn't automatically mean that someone has complained, the mods are here to use best judgement as well as listen to any complaints and what not.

The thread was locked because we believe threads that single out other users, no matter how "well intended" generally can go a bit wrong (read: nasty).
    /deletes draft for "we love binky" thread
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:07:04 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Someone whined.

Well. I never thought you'd turn out to be a Microsoft shill too.

What a terrible, Micro$haft world we live in.
  • Khanivor 20 Mar 2013 00:11:13 40,959 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Not having a go but if that's what caused it to be locked then how come it went on for a couple of days? From the outside it sure seems like something happened to change it from OK to LOCK. A single whine from a single user against a long-time user with a clean record is apparently now enough for a seven day ban. So you can see why it would be suspected that whining killed the vizinni thread.
  • Khanivor 20 Mar 2013 00:12:12 40,959 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /also notes slight irony of two ancient threads with other user names in title on first page of forum
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 00:13:01
    It was probably the moment the attempts at e-stalking began they decided on the new policy.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 00:13:38
    Khanivor wrote:
    /also notes slight irony of two ancient threads with other user names in title on first page of forum
    Derek and Kevin?
  • cubbymoore 20 Mar 2013 00:14:28 36,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, creepy dm ain't getting an appreciation thread any time soon.
  • cubbymoore 20 Mar 2013 00:14:49 36,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Derek and Kevin?
    Y'rang?
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 00:15:22 11,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Someone whined.

:o RobTheBuilder??!! I thought he was a good guy!?
    I actually quite enjoyed the thread. It was a good reminder of some of the more amusing stuff he's come out with in the last few years. Didn't contain anything that wasn't already getting posted in a dozen other threads every week.
    Your stalking was well out of order.
    Considering that you've been on the receiving end to see you joining in was utterly shameful.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 00:16:20 11,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    binky wrote:
    Not having a go but if that's what caused it to be locked then how come it went on for a couple of days? From the outside it sure seems like something happened to change it from OK to LOCK. A single whine from a single user against a long-time user with a clean record is apparently now enough for a seven day ban. So you can see why it would be suspected that whining killed the vizinni thread.
    WHo's the " long-time user with a clean record"?

• spamdangled 20 Mar 2013 00:17:45 27,415 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Yeah, creepy dm ain't getting an appreciation thread any time soon.
    FWIW, I wasn't stalking him. I actually googled "vizzini PS3" trying to find one the comments he once said on this forum (I'm sure people's profiles used to give their entire history) which I found particularly funny at the time, and that twitter account was the second hit on the list, with a very vizzini-sounding rant about how the ps3 was massively superior to the 360 from someone who shared the same username.

Google the phrase yourself if you don't believe me.

Edited by darkmorgado at 00:19:45 20-03-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:19:45 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    binky wrote:
    Who did the whining is what I want to know.
  • cubbymoore 20 Mar 2013 00:20:26 36,501 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    T'was me. What you gonna do about it.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 00:22:36
    When this gets locked are we going to make a "why did our talking about a thread talking about a thread get locked?". What happens when that gets locked? How far down the rabbit hole are we going to go?
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:26:55 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing. How d'ya like that then? Nothing at all - in your face.
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:27:57 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    When this gets locked are we going to make a "why did our talking about a thread talking about a thread get locked?". What happens when that gets locked? How far down the rabbit hole are we going to go?
    I'll contact the moderator batphone and politely ask them to unlock it.
  • Bremenacht 20 Mar 2013 00:30:27 18,761 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    [sigh]

Guess I'll just have to wait for the real McCoy to grace the forum again.
  • neilka 20 Mar 2013 00:40:54 16,328 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm waiting until everyone is asleep before I post my Pepsipop appreciation thread.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Dirtbox 20 Mar 2013 00:44:36 78,554 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Zero to nasty in record time.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 00:44:48 11,393 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    binky wrote:
    Who did the whining is what I want to know.
    My whining was confined to the thread.

/shrugs

• Mola_Ram 20 Mar 2013 00:47:09 7,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    binky wrote:
    Not having a go but if that's what caused it to be locked then how come it went on for a couple of days? From the outside it sure seems like something happened to change it from OK to LOCK.
    Also strange that at least two mods were participating in the thread well before the lock.

Seems to me that if the mods want to discourage harassment (if that's what you want to call that thread and similar threads) then they probably shouldn't be participating in any way.

Not that I had a huge problem with that particular thread. Just a general observation.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 00:53:12 20-03-2013
  • Lukus 20 Mar 2013 00:48:11 19,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BE NICE LUKUS

Edited by Lukus at 00:48:38 20-03-2013

Paintings & Photographs

• mal 20 Mar 2013 02:25:23 22,725 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    'The mods' is a group of disparate people with differing opinions, especially since it's no longer just otto. I don't see why some shouldn't see it as fair game to participate in while others have reservations.

Of course, they have their private channels by which they can coordinate a response as a whole when one is needed, but the mods are still users, and they don't need to agree a position before posting in a fucking thread under their own fucking names.

Edit: Fix grammar and add more swearing.

Edited by mal at 02:44:01 20-03-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Phattso Moderator 20 Mar 2013 02:51:00 13,615 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Of course, they have their private channels by which they can coordinate a response as a whole when one is needed, but the mods are still users, and they don't need to agree a position before posting in a fucking thread under their own fucking names.
    Appreciate this point being made. I'm far from a 'proper' mod, but the number of times I see a mod being lambasted for actually being an individual rather than a representative of some hive mind is disappointing.

It's really not that hard a logical leap, but most forumites seem to have trouble with it for some reason.

If this were a paid-for service, then of course you would expect something else. But it's not - the mods on here do a thankless task in their own time. So cut 'em some slack. :)
  • RobTheBuilder 20 Mar 2013 03:05:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Phattso agreed, we all appreciate the mods. Maybe they should have an appreciation thread!

Would be good in cases like this though to post saying why it was closed.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 03:07:44
    Phattso wrote:
    mal wrote:
    Appreciate this point being made. I'm far from a 'proper' mod, but the number of times I see a mod being lambasted for actually being an individual rather than a representative of some hive mind is disappointing.

It's really not that hard a logical leap, but most forumites seem to have trouble with it for some reason.

If this were a paid-for service, then of course you would expect something else. But it's not - the mods on here do a thankless task in their own time. So cut 'em some slack. :)
    ONE MADE IT LOOSE

GET BACK TO THE FIELDS, OBEY MASSAH
  • Page

of 23 First / Last