BioShock Infinite - Irrational games Page 3

• Page

of 80 First / Last

• oceanmotion 12 Aug 2010 22:45:46 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was never too fond of the character models and the environment other than the fresh design. Water is always awesome.
  • Xephon1970 12 Aug 2010 22:46:09 28 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really really liking the look of this, much more than Bioshock. From the sounds of it, it'll be more open than the first Bioshock visually (sniping enemies on far away parts of the city), but tightly scripted nonetheless. Can't wait to learn more.

I also don't understand why most of you are so jaded and cynical. A new original idea from a top studio and it's already written off. Very odd.
  • oldschoolsoviet 12 Aug 2010 22:48:47 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    /has never read Gulliver's Travels

/hangs head in shame anyway
    I was hinting at the Ghibli film, rather than Gulliver.
  • LionheartDJH 12 Aug 2010 22:49:58 19,454 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Xephon1970

Well because in my opinion they're simply milking the Bioshock name now. I loved the first game but feel quite indifferent towards the second, and althought this one sounds sort of interesting it really doesn't sound like it has much to do with Bioshock at all, and seems to me as though they're only using the name because of its recognition.

She dives for cheese pasties

• oceanmotion 12 Aug 2010 22:55:35 15,926 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Irrational Games are a bit of a one trick pony. It will probably be great but quite similar. They are perfecting what they done before. Could be a great ride but eventually you get a little bored.
  • LionheartDJH 12 Aug 2010 22:57:55 19,454 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:

Ah right, I see. I don't watch animé in fairness though.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 12 August 2010 23:03:37
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:

Hang your head in shame!
  • Syrette 12 Aug 2010 23:15:09 43,446 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This does sound and look fucking amazing, but I am worried about the scope (or lack of) of the actual game environments. I'm not expecting massive, open levels but given it's a bunch of floating buildings as opposed to one massive floating city... will it just be a bunch of small levels interlinked with each other?

• Deleted user 12 August 2010 23:40:02
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    This does sound and look fucking amazing, but I am worried about the scope (or lack of) of the actual game environments. I'm not expecting massive, open levels but given it's a bunch of floating buildings as opposed to one massive floating city... will it just be a bunch of small levels interlinked with each other?

I'm hoping for one huge environment. First Bioshock seemed like it wanted to be like that but couldn't pull it off, Bioshock 2 went backwards in this regard and just went for self-contained levels.
  • M83J01P97 12 Aug 2010 23:50:27 6,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong... but it IS a floating city?... Which would suggest there is as much potential scale as Rapture had.
  • Xephon1970 13 Aug 2010 01:06:26 28 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    @Xephon1970

Well because in my opinion they're simply milking the Bioshock name now. I loved the first game but feel quite indifferent towards the second, and althought this one sounds sort of interesting it really doesn't sound like it has much to do with Bioshock at all, and seems to me as though they're only using the name because of its recognition.
    That's fair enough. Although, you could say that if anyone can put Bioshock in the title it's this team. Visually and theme wise, it's a hell of a departure, it's no wonder they didn't want to do B2. I suspect there'll be more of a link than we've been lead to believe so far. Using the name probably made sense from a promotional point of view.

This quote from the preview is a bit of a tease...

"...a gigantic winged gryphon, leaping from building to building, a black silhouette even in the sunlight, except for one telling detail: his eyes are glowing, barred, bathyscape portholes, exactly like a Big Daddy's helmet."
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Aug 2010 07:33:46 25,016 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got up this morning to see this trailer. Can't wait! Looks brilliant, as expected.

And I have no problem with them using the Bioshock name. In fact, I prefer that they do - I love it when 'sequels' bear little resemblance to the original. A bit like when a band brings out two totally different albums.
  • JayG 13 Aug 2010 08:15:45 842 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm another lad who can't wait, looks like it's going to be a classic. Then I'm one of the few who enjoyed Bioshock as much as SS2, and I'm also looking forward to the Xcom FPS. Since I'm not a fan of the Medal of Honour/COD type games, they, along with fallout 3 have been the only the FPS I've enjoyed lately.
  • Deleted user 13 August 2010 08:28:50
    I think Dewitt and Elizabeth are going to have sex and give birth to Andrew Ryan.......dun dun DAHHH!

/cue close up to somebody with shifty eyes
  • Deleted user 13 August 2010 14:29:33
    You can download the 1080p trailer on Gamersyde. Gives me the same chills Myst games used to - they've nailed an atmosphere. Despite the bright airiness it just doesn't feel right - and that's a hard thing to get down.

I have to say, it makes me want to replay Bioshock!
  • glaeken 13 Aug 2010 15:05:18 11,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well I love the look of this so far. I think it sounds really promising so I don't get the negativity. I honestly don’t care that they are using the Bioshock name again as that has bugger all to do with how good the game might end up being.
  • fragglerocks 13 Aug 2010 15:33:15 302 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This looks brilliant so far. Rapture was the most amazing location for a game, I still vividly remember descending in that bathosphere (?) and seeing that first splicer! So I hope they can create a new world that is equally as rich.
  • sam_spade 13 Aug 2010 15:38:40 15,745 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Man, I'm really disappointed about this. I was hoping for a new IP. Now we are getting the air level of Bioshock, what next a city on lava?

I was talking to a friend and we were wishing that it wasn't another let's explore a dead city where all the interesting stuff has already happened and all you get to do is listen to the audiotapes of it.

I'm sure it'll look nice, but this feels like it will be a rehash of Bioshock, which was a rehash of System Shock 2, yada-yada-yada.

Shame, wish I could join in all the hoopla.
  • kinky_mong 13 Aug 2010 15:42:22 10,271 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sam_spade wrote:
    Man, I'm really disappointed about this. I was hoping for a new IP. Now we are getting the air level of Bioshock, what next a city on lava?

No an ice world. Lava level will be the final one.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• glaeken 13 Aug 2010 15:45:18 11,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah fancy setting in an imaginative city setting. I was hoping it would be set on a featureless grey flat plain.
  • glaeken 13 Aug 2010 15:45:18 11,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • kinky_mong 13 Aug 2010 15:48:45 10,271 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    Yeah fancy setting in an imaginative city setting. I was hoping it would be set on a featureless grey flat plain.

Epic would sue them for copying Gears Of War.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Rozchemical1 13 Aug 2010 15:51:18 48 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks good, pretty excited about a new Bioshock game :)
  • andywilkie35 13 Aug 2010 15:52:44 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks 'kin excellent, much more excited for this than I was for BioShock 2 (which I still haven't finished)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• nickthegun 13 Aug 2010 15:53:12 59,875 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder how they are going to crowbar powers into the game.... probably by magic jackdaws with bellys full of adam.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• andywilkie35 13 Aug 2010 16:00:35 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm hoping its the precursor to "Adam" and its called "Dave" or something. "Just injectin' some of the ol' Dave"

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• M83J01P97 13 Aug 2010 16:51:40 6,652 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I wonder how they are going to crowbar powers into the game.... probably by magic jackdaws with bellys full of adam.

I'm sure one of the press releases says that powers/magic is reserved exclusively for your AI companion in this one.
  • glaeken 13 Aug 2010 17:21:11 11,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You might want to read the preview as they specifically mention you character acquiring a power and then using it.
  • kupocake 13 Aug 2010 18:07:41 125 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Biowe'vetotallywatchedtoomuchLaputashock ?
    Biowe'vetotallywatchedtoomuchthebitchshock !

Very astute though. A world of sky-cities and ye-olde-worlde airshipery that you explore with a previously imprisoned lady-friend, and it turns out the place is armed to the teeth? I was rather unambitiously thinking of Up with lambchops.

The 'Infinite' part of the name is what's wrong with it.
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    I'm hoping its the precursor to "Adam" and its called "Dave" or something. "Just injectin' some of the ol' Dave"
    My money is on 'Steve'.
  • the_dudefather 13 Aug 2010 18:26:50 9,288 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It will feature the precursors to the Big Daddies: the Medium sized Uncles

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Page

of 80 First / Last