BioShock Infinite - Irrational games Page 75

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 12:13:59 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, considering I am getting battered from range a lot, I think getting more people on my side is going to help. Plus it should hopefully provide some comedy deaths too

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 12:17:26 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I find it all a bit too fiddly really when it comes to vigors and combos etc.

It is fun to play around with them and that, but trying to switch between them in the heat of a fight is a real pain for me. So I usually just end up shooting everything.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 12:22:27 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

Same. I've normally just been bronco'ing them and then desperately trying to aim properly to finish them off. Can't really be arsed getting into all the gear either

But possession on harder enemies lobbing rockets could be fun.

Do you find you run out of ammo too quickly on the carbine? I know you can buy it, but between vending machines, not many enemies seem to drop it

• -cerberus- 10 Feb 2014 12:22:36 2,099 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Possessing guys with rocket launchers is probably the best use of it, imo. They can kill the shit out of other troops, and helpfully kill themselves afterwards.
    Agreed, but this is also one of the biggest issues I have with Infinite. It's the routine: spot the rocket launcher guy => possession; oh look, a mob of gun-toting troops => murder of crows; rinse & repeat with literally almost every bloody combat scenario in the game. Frankly, it bored me to tears.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 12:29:47 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather

Not had too many issues yet with ammo. I usually have the machine gun with me too so if I switch it up if I start running low. I always top up my ammo at vending machines. Now I'm wondering if I should be saving up for vigor upgrades instead. I've got around 1300 coins right now I think and full ammo, health and salts.

I usually just use my vigors (fire and shock) to lay traps. I may start using murder of crows though, as that seems to be getting lots of recommendations.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 12:33:36 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I did have around 3000 cash, but spunked a load on some upgrades, plus a spate of 50 deaths reduced the cash a bit.

I find laying traps too slow for my playstyle, unless it's a set piece room firefight.

Anything that flings enemies in the air I have to use, purely for the fun factor if I can get them to fall off a high ledge

Still maintain that the kick attack in Might and Magic: Dark messiah is the best attack in any videogame ever. Coupled with the conveniently placed spikes, cliffs and rope bridges, it's just ace. I love that stuff

Edited by quadfather at 12:34:15 10-02-2014

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 12:40:43 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Come to think of it, I don't think I've actually died yet. Sure that will change very soon though.

I may mess about with bucking bronco then. Does it suspend them in the air, or just throw them around?
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 12:44:15 55,877 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The encounters were so robotic, I fell into a pattern of advancing to an area, spotting a choke point, throwing a crow mine, picking off the stragglers, rinse repeat.

It was so effective I literally never bothered with anything else until very close to the end of the game when you get a few vigor users thrown at you.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Telepathic.Geometry 10 Feb 2014 12:44:26 11,121 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun Oh yeah man, totally. My first playthrough, I was sucked into her war of attrition like everyone else.

I think that the biggest failing of the game is that it doesn't seem to encourage experimentation with vigors and gears. Maybe if salt were more plentiful or something?...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 12:47:08 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rob

I was doing fine for a while then started hitting these spike points.

It sends them upwards in the air and slows them so you can pick them off easier. They can't shoot whilst in the air. I think the upgrade slows them even more giving you more time.

It goes out in a wave so it can catch quite a few. Useful to grab a breather.

Doesn't work on mechanical stuff like the patriots but it does stun them for a few seconds.

You can also cast it a fair bit as it's cheap.

You done anything with tears yet?

Edited by quadfather at 12:47:43 10-02-2014

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 12:47:59 55,877 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As ive said before, what they needed to do was ape god of war. Every time GoW gives you a new power, they trap you in a room with a shitload of bad guys and near infinite resources.

All they needed to do was put a salt vending machine next to a new vigor and its pretty much job done.

Sadly, by the end of the game, you have upgraded vigors that give you half a dozen shots per bar. Dumping a new one on you that will give you two isnt the best way to encourage experimentation.

He totally called it

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 12:49:18 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Though by everyone else's posts, it's sounding like I'm just a bit shit at the game

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 12:55:21 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather

Well it gives me the option to open them up (tears that is). To be honest I find they kind of get in the way when I am trying to concentrate on a fight. Although the odd turret or some health / salts has come in handy a couple of times.

Like others have said though, I seem to find a safe(ish) place and hold up there until I have killed all the enemies.

I like Nick's idea of giving a chance to play around with a new vigor and unlimited salts. Would be nice to experiment. At the moment I can cast about 3 vigors and I'm out of salts.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 12:59:18 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

We play similarly then I think. Tears just distract me too. I though it was going to be great tearing automated turrets but they get battered really quickly.

Upgraded bronco does about 7 attacks with magic on 4.

Possession does 3 not upgraded

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 13:02:38 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Probably really stupid question, but what dos 'magic on 4' mean?

You mean you've bought all the upgrades?
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2014 13:13:29 8,749 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I put everything into salts till it was full, makes a big difference

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 13:16:02 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ah you mean the infusions don't you. With you now.

I was thinking of putting everything into salts for a while. I think it's on 4, health on 3 or 4 and shield on 2.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 13:19:18 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, infusions. I think mine are all on 3 or 4. So you're just around the corner from me. Good luck with that fucking patriot + flamer room mate :)

• Mayhem64 10 Feb 2014 13:20:47 649 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think he means four full bars of salt.

I got through 1999 mode mostly using carbine, sniper, shotgun and RPG. I think those were the only weapons I upgraded. Vigors, I went for Devils Kiss, Shock Jockey, Possession and Return to Sender for both upgrades.

As for the first Siren, yeah, I tried to go long range and in the end, I beat her using uber amounts of SJ traps (to stun and then headshot the zombies) and the shotgun to her face. Later on, the other two battles did favour long range, picking her off with the sniper as I tried to avoid getting shot from everywhere else.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 13:25:40 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Yeah, infusions. I think mine are all on 3 or 4. So you're just around the corner from me. Good luck with that fucking patriot + flamer room mate :)
    Not sure if I already did that or not. Was that on the way out of the hall of heroes? I definitely remember a flamer in there but cant remember if there was a patriot too. Probably not.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 13:30:39 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

It's probably just me being shit then :)

I'll chop and change all my gear/weapons and see what happens.

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 13:32:23 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mayhem64

Thanks for the info - I'll have a play with different stuff

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 13:32:23 55,877 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I shovelled the majority of mine into shield and then magic since shield is basically health that recharges.

He totally called it

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 13:39:46 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can someone let me know how far I am through the game? I want to work out what to level. I've just done shantytown and gone into the second tear world where Booker is respected as a leader

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 13:44:18 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @robc84

It's probably just me being shit then :)

I'll chop and change all my gear/weapons and see what happens.
    I probably haven't reached the bit you are talking about yet. I'm just as shit as you I'm sure!
  • robc84 10 Feb 2014 13:45:17 4,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I shovelled the majority of mine into shield and then magic since shield is basically health that recharges.
    I can't believe I didn't think of it this way. Makes much more sense to put points into shield over health then.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 13:54:28 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why the fuck didn't I think of that

this is what happens when you play dark souls over and over - your brain rots and you can't play other games for shit!

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2014 13:57:10 6,252 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite is a lot easier if you get the Patriot Side Sword. It's something that drops only occasionally from Mechanised Patriots, but such an awesome weapon. Great if you manage to find one.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 14:00:16 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FUNNY

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2014 14:02:04 6,252 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Seriously though, you might suck less once you spend thousands of hours replaying this again and again. :)

DO IT
  • Page

of 78 First / Last