BioShock Infinite - Irrational games Page 74

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 09:34:59 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Heh, I was able to kill her in a matter of about 10 seconds on 1984 Mode. ^-^

Get your Gear and your Vigors right and she's a piece of piss. Otherwise, it turns into a massive war of attrition. Vigors and Gears, the key to all combat in the game. Get your gears and vigors in order fella...
    At the risk of poking this nest of gay vipers yet again, its impossible to know that on your first playthrough.

I arrived at her with a long range build which was so useless the game eventually took pity on me and stopped spawning zombies.

The second and FUCKING THIRD time she showed up, the arena was a lot more suited to the skillz I had and I iced her quite quickly.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 10:16:00 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers for the heads ups

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 10:18:16 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeah, mild spoilers above.

He totally called it

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 10:38:58 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    couldn't give a toss - just want to get through it :)

• Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2014 10:42:26 8,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    couldn't give a toss - just want to get through it and get back to glorious DS action

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 10:52:01 4,348 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather

How much further are you than me? I've just got to the docks.

I'm actually really liking it so far. Combat seems pretty solid.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:03:45 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

I've done the bit where Elizabeth fucks off and you're on your own for a bit. Then we've regrouped again. Then did the second tear-world (which is pretty cool I have to say). I am currently in a room with about 2-3 flamers, a patriot and various goons, which is where I was struggling yesterday.

Generally, I'm having a laugh, but it really fucks me off when the combat goes mental. An example was trying to snipe two or three relatively straight forward enemies and whilst lining up, they seem to have unsurpassed accuracy at long range and just rip me to shreds

Though I haven't upgraded much yet, as I wasn't sure what to go for. Just need to settle on a weapon Let me know what you think when you start fighting flamers and patriots at the same time. It's probably just me being a twat, but I'd be interested to know. Handyman's can fucking do one too.

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:04:01 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    couldn't give a toss - just want to get through it and get back to glorious DS action
    I'm on demon's atm :)

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 11:11:01 4,348 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @quadfather

Didn't read your spoiler as I'm not sure where you are, but the little cow has just knocked me out in the airship and now I've got to find her in the docks.

I really like the carbine. Patriots are a bit of a pain, I guess RPGs are useful there but I never have one handy. I usually just find a place to hold up, set a few traps and use my carbine to pick off the goons from distance!

I do wish you could have more than two weapons at a time though. Never know what to pick up as you don't know what is through the next door. Part of the challenge I guess.

I've also found that ammo and money is very plentiful so far. One of the things I liked so much about the first one was the lack of supplies. You really had to manage your resources.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2014 11:14:23 8,746 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In terms of combat I used big explosive guns and spammed my vigors, it was a lot more fun just going for chaos and big explosions.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:16:01 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84

I'm probably about an hour or so in front then. Maybe less

I was using the carbine for a bit, but noticed that there weren't many upgrades for it. So I swapped it out for the burst gun. Which isn't agreeing with me. I'll try something else.

The cash thing will sort itself out once you die sixty fucking gazillion times when you get to the room I'm currently in

• Tuffty 10 Feb 2014 11:16:40 1,392 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Heh, I was able to kill her in a matter of about 10 seconds on 1984 Mode. ^-^

Get your Gear and your Vigors right and she's a piece of piss. Otherwise, it turns into a massive war of attrition. Vigors and Gears, the key to all combat in the game. Get your gears and vigors in order fella...
    At the risk of poking this nest of gay vipers yet again, its impossible to know that on your first playthrough.
    My problem exactly. Through scarcity of ammo that I had with my favoured upgraded guns I had approached that moment with a Burst Gun and a Shotgun. Had I known there would have been a boss fight there (the first time the game ever presents one), I would have been more cautious. I don't mind if the game throws in a boss fight, but the fact that there wasn't a vending machine around really irritated me as I was stuck with the weapons I had and my choice of vigors didn't suit the boss fight either. At least that way I could have spent the money I had accumulated rather than losing a portion every time I died. The game took such pity on me over this sudden difficulty spike that it skipped over the boss fight entirely for me. Again, it's impossible to know the right strategy if you're playing it blind on your first playthrough. I mean, fuck me for wanting to upgrade Undertow and Murder of Crows over Charge right?

I did find it easier on the second and third time because at least then there were vending machines about so I could finally use my upgraded guns.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:17:27 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And another thing while I'm at it - I had a sniper rifle and I shot this rpg goon twice in the face.

Twice. In the face. With a sniper rifle.

And he's still alive, merrily lobbing rpgs

what the fuck is that about?

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:21:47 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty

So I need charge?

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 11:24:20 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Basically, you need the opposite to how most people play the game the first time.

He totally called it

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:30:55 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right, so if I swap from the burst gun+RPG and Bucking bronco, what should I swap them out for?

I'm hearing murder of crows and charge by the sounds of it

• Tuffty 10 Feb 2014 11:30:56 1,392 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    And another thing while I'm at it - I had a sniper rifle and I shot this rpg goon twice in the face.

Twice. In the face. With a sniper rifle.

And he's still alive, merrily lobbing rpgs

what the fuck is that about?
    That's another issue I had with the game, it's that the enemies just feel like bulletsponges rather than what you're used to in other FPS.

quadfather wrote:
    @Tuffty

So I need charge?
    Depends on what difficulty you're on mate. For me, my first playthrough was on Hard. If you're the same I would just look up ahead of time so you know which area of the game has the boss fight and be prepared. I honestly don't remember what the valid strategy is for it, I had already passed that point so I didn't care. Something about upgrading Charge that gives you a period of invincibility after using it which is practically essential in that fight. Would maybe recommend looking it up on Youtube for hints or something.

Edited by Tuffty at 11:31:59 10-02-2014
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:32:24 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I left it on the default - Medium. Clearly I'm shit at games, but we are where we are.

Yeah, that makes sense - I'll have a quick shufty

Cheers

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2014 11:34:52 6,229 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You can also combine vigors, like crows and fireballs to create flaming crows. The game, afaik, never explains this.
  • Youthist 10 Feb 2014 11:35:46 9,896 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It tells you to experiment with different combinations for different effects I believe.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2014 11:37:15 6,229 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ok, maybe I just missed it.
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:38:14 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I missed it too then

• Youthist 10 Feb 2014 11:39:41 9,896 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it is one of the tips / hints that pops up on screen? Or I am making it up / tripping / mis-remembering

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• robc84 10 Feb 2014 11:42:37 4,348 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I had to look up about combos. Possession and fire makes the possessed person run around like a loon and set fire to others. Same with possession and shock. Not been particularly successful with it but its fun to try. :)
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:45:27 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Didn't realise you could possess the automation's either. That'll help a bit. Bloody expensive to cast though

• Youthist 10 Feb 2014 11:47:10 9,896 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah you need to half your possession cost (by upgrading it) - it is great.

Edited by Youthist at 11:49:04 10-02-2014

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 11:47:25 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dont think it does. In Bioshock it gives you an entire tutorial about the wrench/shock combo but I cant remember it ever doing that in this one.

Certainly as 'hilariously' retro as the explanation vids were for vigors, it does a piss poor job of explaining what they do.

He totally called it

• nickthegun 10 Feb 2014 11:48:11 55,848 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can possess vending machines to lower the cost of everything, something I had totally forgotten about by the end of the game.

He totally called it

• quadfather 10 Feb 2014 11:54:05 10,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seems there's loads of little tips for this.

Then there's all the gear that can have a synergy with what you're using. Though looking on the wiki for the ones that go well with Bucking Bronco, I have exactly zero of them.

• Mola_Ram 10 Feb 2014 12:11:43 6,229 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Possessing guys with rocket launchers is probably the best use of it, imo. They can kill the shit out of other troops, and helpfully kill themselves afterwards.
  • Page

of 78 First / Last