BioShock Infinite - Irrational games Page 66

• Page

of 80 First / Last

• JiveHound 27 May 2013 20:02:46 2,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Just out of interest, hows the PC running it?

I'd imagine the A10 is well able to handle it at 720p, are you playing on higher detail settings @1080p or just leaving at the default?
    I've just realised that maybe I should lower the resolution then as I think I trying to play it at max res but gradually lowering the quality of the graphics.

Maybe I should aim for 720p but with medium settings and I'll achieve the middle ground?

Then it's a case of getting a decent key binding. I'm finding the keyboard an unruly input device for gaming.

Maybe I need a mouse with more buttons or a specific gaming keyboard. Maybe both. Maybe a pad.

Thoughts?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Widge Moderator 27 May 2013 21:23:05 13,574 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    360 pad is percent for the game, couldn't imagine playing it with anything else...

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Armoured_Bear 27 May 2013 21:39:46 11,239 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Horrible, horrible motion sickness form this :-(
    Hopefully increased FOV will help or I'll have to abandon it.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Telepathic.Geometry 28 May 2013 01:53:08 11,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or just stay off the sky-rails as much as possible. That'll make the Handyman fights bloody hard though...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Armoured_Bear 28 May 2013 08:12:38 11,239 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Or just stay off the sky-rails as much as possible. That'll make the Handyman fights bloody hard though...
    It's even without the rails :-(

I'll try again tonight at full FOV.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• sevenmonks 28 May 2013 08:19:36 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    hey guys,

I just completed the game but it looks like I'm about a month or two late!!! is there anywhere people are still discussing the ending?

Great game, one of those you find really hard to put down right from the get go (except for the autosave feature!)
  • mikew1985 28 May 2013 08:21:53 12,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @JiveHound

Yea go with 720p, possibly medium settings all round (you may need to drop it lower).

Also as widge said go with a 360 pad. Try to get your hands on a wireless one, for care free PC gaming. Especially with single player games. If you want to venture online you'll probably need to go m+kb but otherwise I never bother anymore.

Big TV+PC+Pad and I'm satisfied. It's how I played it too, I believe there were complaints again over mouse controls in this anyway.
  • mikew1985 28 May 2013 08:23:32 12,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sevenmonks wrote:
    hey guys,

I just completed the game but it looks like I'm about a month or two late!!! is there anywhere people are still discussing the ending?

Great game, one of those you find really hard to put down right from the get go (except for the autosave feature!)
    The Bioshock infinite spoilers thread is full of discussion here.
  • JiveHound 28 May 2013 09:24:59 2,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @mikew1985

Thanks Mike. I reduced the resolution and it's made a world of difference. I'm actually very happy with its performance and the vibrancy of the visuals is a cut above current gen consoles.

I'm definitely going to grab a pad as I'm not getting on with keyboard and mouse. There are too many commands for me to use the keyboard comfortably.

Is it a case of plug in and play? Seems too easy if that's the case.

Edited by JiveHound at 09:25:44 28-05-2013

• mikew1985 28 May 2013 09:38:28 12,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @JiveHound

For wired pads - yes.

Wireless - no.

You need a dongle which is nigh on impossible to find sold separately from a controller. I think there are knock offs available on ebay, but I've heard tell of blue screen crashes and sudden deaths aplenty with them.

Alternatively you can buy a controller for it specifically:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B004JU0JSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369730132&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+360+controller+pc#productDescription

Once you have the wireless dongle it's as simple as syncing the pad to the PC just like you would a 360.

Also worthy of note - a wireless pad will not work even if connected via USB as none of the controller commands are sent over the wired connection, it is merely a means of powering the device.
  • Widge Moderator 28 May 2013 09:43:22 13,574 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really want a wireless one, but waiting for the next gen revision now.

Using wired for the time being, its fine. Cable is immense so no front room issues there.

Edited by Widge at 09:43:47 28-05-2013

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• ecureuil 28 May 2013 09:47:19 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use one of these. Didn't pay that much for it though, I got it for less than a fiver from ebay a couple of years ago, never had a problem with it.
  • JiveHound 28 May 2013 11:06:12 2,440 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Having serious issues with the keyboard now. It just doesn't seem to want to work. The mouse is fine.

They're both stock peripherals that came with my HP Pavilion. They share the same wireless dongle.

Has anyone else had any keyboard issues? I've tried changing the graphic settings down from Medium through to Very Low to no avail.

The keyboard is working fine in the web browser though.

I don't know whether it's an issue with the fact Steam is still telling me to upgrade my graphics card drivers.

I think I'm going to wait until I get a pad later in the week before attempting to continue with this.

• JoeBlade 10 Jun 2013 02:55:06 2,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Second playthrough done. And still one of the best games ever.

What a game.
  • JoeBlade 27 Jun 2013 01:09:46 2,545 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm playing through on 1999 mode now and it's just... brutal o_O

Combat doesn't feel floaty anymore all of a sudden, it feels like a puzzle with three solutions at most and that requires meticulous planning, quick thinking and quick reflexes either way.
    The enemies seem to be a lot smarter as well, not just bulletspungy (which they are too to some degree, unfortunately)

Almost all my money has gone into resurrections and ammo thusfar. Upgrades seem like a pipe dream :/

Still loving it though :)
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Jul 2013 10:30:08 14,680 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When the fook is the DLC coming ?

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 25 July 2013 11:00:58
    Dunno but if it's taking this long it must be good!
  • -cerberus- 29 Jul 2013 13:16:17 2,854 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    VG247: BioShock Infinite director “excited for tomorrow”

Let me guess, play as "badass" Handyman/Songbird/Elizabeth/Vox/etc. DLC?

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• Ged42 30 Jul 2013 17:02:46 7,732 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I always wanted to see what Rapture looked like in it's prime, now I get my wish and in the Noir style to boot.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the vital Noir detective scenes, like the smoke filled office, the toot talking bar, the dark alley and the rooftop finale.
  • ecureuil 30 Jul 2013 18:00:41 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Holy shit, pre-fall Rapture!
  • WrongShui 30 Jul 2013 18:04:39 6,619 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aces!
  • Vortex808 30 Jul 2013 18:20:01 7,144 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Yep. I expext I will be buying the game a second time just for that. This dlc sounds rather interesting.

Shame the first dlc release is a bit shit. I missed playing minerva's den due to the same thing with B2. Crap first dlc made me ditch that before knowing a decent dlc would be produced later. :(
  • M83J01P97 30 Jul 2013 18:57:38 6,654 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Clash in the Clouds is far from crap. It's just a fun stop gap to tide us over.
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Jul 2013 19:00:05 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I actually let out an audible 'wow!' when I found out about that.

... I was one of those who immediately downloaded the season pass after I watched the majestic ending so, I guess I shall pop my Xbox 360 on for the first time since I finished BioShock Infinite four months ago!

Just suddenly realised how poor the Xbox 360 has been in the last four months compared to the PlayStation 3.

: (
  • Vortex808 30 Jul 2013 19:01:52 7,144 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Clash in the Clouds is far from crap. It's just a fun stop gap to tide us over.
    I was talking about the first dlc for bioshock 2 being crap. And my sadness at missing playing minerva's den after mistakenly expecting any further dlc to be mp related too.

However, the current B:I dlc does not interest me either. I want story dlc for bioshock. That's what it does best. I don't want horde mode or mp stuff.

Edited by Vortex808 at 19:03:28 30-07-2013
  • ecureuil 30 Jul 2013 19:56:35 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So DLC #2 and #3 take place over two parts of the same story, on the day Rapture fell (you can see the date on the calendar on his desk). In the first part we play as Booker and the second as Elizabeth in a survival horror scenario. This is already sounding really interesting.

Infinite had a lot of NPCs standing around to talk to, and of course Bioshock had none, they were always behind glass. So it looks like they've taken their new found skills and are letting us see at least a little bit of Rapture in its prime. I assume they'll give us a good look at Rapture before kicking everything off and having splicers running around everywhere. I guess it'll play out similar to Infinite for a while, where there were plenty of safe areas to explore. I already can't wait for this. I never would have thought they'd revisit Rapture, at least not so soon.
  • yeahetc 30 Jul 2013 20:02:41 1 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Take it Clash in the Clouds isn't out on PS until tomorrow or whenever it is they update the store?

Still, very much looking forward to the later DLCs. Rapture has to be my favourite video game world. Hoping for some Borderlands level of quality/value though considering the time it is taking to put together. 6 hours gameplay per DLC at least, please.
  • MatMan562 30 Jul 2013 21:11:10 2,460 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @ecureuil Apparently it's set on the day the first bombs went off and the actual, complete collapse came on New Years Eve the next year. Though I had no idea bombs had anything to do with it so I'm just going by what I've heard and read.

I am really looking forward to this though, I love the sound of meeting some of the characters from the original Bioshock before they went completely nuts! I just hope the Luteces show up.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• ecureuil 30 Jul 2013 21:26:37 76,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The arena DLC is actually not bad. Depends how much you enjoyed the combat in the game I suppose.

I personally thought it was great, and this is just more of it. If you die in the arena you can choose to continue but forfeit your score, which is fine by me since I don't much care for leaderboards. You earn money for combat, which includes kills, looting, environment kills, chaining vigors, that sort of thing. Everything you earn and the upgrades you unlock are done as an overall progress and not per arena, so there's a gradual sense of progression even if you're stumbling through it. Once you clear the first arena you get access to the museum area where you can purchase artwork and music.

The arenas involve 15 waves of enemies. If you really don't like combat you won't enjoy it, it took me about an hour to clear all 15 stages. It's quite hard too, especially the final stage which throws two handymen + a patriot at you. In between rounds it alternates between giving you an upgrade potion (health/shield/salts) and a piece of equipment. I only had time to do the first arena but I assume by the time you've beaten every wave in every arena you'll have obtained all the items and will be fully upgraded.

All in all, it's pretty nicely put together. It was quite a good idea to keep this secret and release it on the same day as they announced two story DLC's. I don't think many people care for arena DLC's, but it's easy to see why they exist. This'll do for now.
  • SirScratchalot 30 Jul 2013 21:31:11 7,872 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I need some push to actually play through this. The amount of violence has put me off. Worth persevering until the appaled voices in my head stop?
  • Page

of 80 First / Last