BioShock Infinite - Irrational games Page 62

• Page

of 80 First / Last

• nickthegun 18 Apr 2013 17:15:35 61,348 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I never got to grips with the volley gun. Shit at range and shit close up.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 18 April 2013 18:50:27
    Finally got this. Wow what an awesome intro. Any game tips - stuff to avoid etc. before I get going proper?
  • Trafford 18 Apr 2013 19:01:10 5,975 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mowgli

It's very hard to gimp yourself. Just relax and enjoy.
  • HelloNo 18 Apr 2013 22:48:36 1,285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't be afraid to mix and match vigors/gear.
  • Deleted user 18 April 2013 22:55:32
    Cheers for advice.

This is rather fucking good. Completely gripped me and im not far in at all but the momentum is great. And the combat is better than I expected for a Bioshock Game.
  • Youthist 19 Apr 2013 00:44:15 10,083 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is fantastic. Am about 6 hours in. Doing it on Hard out of the gate as a friend told me it was a little too easy on Normal. Hard is decent challenge.

Loving the game. Already thinking I will do again on 1999 mode.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Deleted user 19 April 2013 07:09:29
    Yeah I am finding it a little easy so maybe I should have started on hard.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2013 09:08:27
    @mowgli It's up to you but I played through on normal and had a brilliant time with it. Still died a couple of times but just had good fun. Meant I could soak up the sights and enjoy the story as well without being too taxed.

IMO Bioshock is more story and journey than challenging battles so I was content to have a normal playthrough, plus it gives you time to play around with weapons and vigours. Course, it depends what you want from the game I suppose.
  • Youthist 19 Apr 2013 09:57:51 10,083 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was just worried it would be all over too quick. I heard it was "fairly short". Glad I played on Hard. Although already it is feeling quite easy.....

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Deleted user 19 April 2013 10:38:38
    Tried hard last night, the first sections when you just have possession and fire bomb are fucking tricky because the ai just bum rush you.

Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 10:39:01 19-04-2013
  • jampar 19 Apr 2013 11:08:43 59 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    got it last night, but my xbox just freezes about 15 mins in. :(
  • Youthist 19 Apr 2013 12:02:11 10,083 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

Yes, much harder at first until you get into the pace of it. Back off, inch your way forward. Use Possession. Once you get into the Bar things start to ease off.

• SomaticSense 19 Apr 2013 12:02:44 9,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just reload the game again then. Crashes happen.

Unless you mean it does it 15 minutes into it every time, which means there's a problem with the disc itself or your Xbox. There's no problem with the game that I've heard of.

Try playing it from the disc instead, or if you already were then try installing it.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2013 12:04:49
    Cheers, I'll try that, normal is far too easy.
  • Youthist 19 Apr 2013 12:21:41 10,083 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah Hard keeps you on your toes at all times. I couldn't keep hold of cash at first as kept dying until I started to take my time more once I got into the bar area, and respect it a little more. I havent died for few hours now, and have about 2k cash and been buying upgrades without issue. So it does get easier to not die, once you get the shield etc.

• SomaticSense 19 Apr 2013 12:30:06 9,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is one of the very, very few games out there - that isn't targetted towards the casual market - where I'd argue that it being easy is a good thing.

Not to mention that the harder modes aren't exactly balanced like Halo, and as such merely amount to altered damage values and not a drastic change in AI behaviour. So the gameplay barely changes.

I enjoyed normal diff much more.
  • Youthist 19 Apr 2013 12:35:50 10,083 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I disagree. You just piss through it on "Normal" with your eyes closed and won't soak it up as much. IMO and all that.

• SomaticSense 19 Apr 2013 12:52:06 9,190 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its the opposite for me. All too often I've been so frustrated by a set-piece or boss fight, that I'm still steaming during the pay-off that I don't enjoy it as intended. Countless endings have been ruined for me because of it.

You're right IMO and everything. But for a game whose narrative is the main draw, I was able to focus on the story details better without the red mist obscuring everything.

Something like MG:R for example is obviously different though.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 19 Apr 2013 13:17:34 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm having real trouble with this fight. Give me a Handyman, and I can take him down, but give me a Handyman and 4 or 5 guys coming at me from all over the place, and it's brutal...

Once more unto the breach.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Telepathic.Geometry 19 Apr 2013 16:30:29 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This one is so fucking annoying...

Restart.
    Possess three vending machines.
    Pick up Undertow (and replace salts).
    Pick up money and ammo.
    Go to machines.
    Buy Charge, Bronco and Crow upgrades.
    Buy final Machine Gun upgrade (for later, no machine guns on hand).
    Kill about 5 or 10 goons on the Sky Rail.
    Handyman, Fireman and half a dozen goons turn up.

Now from this stage on, it's a proper fight and I'm happy, but it takes about 5 or 10 minutes every fucking time to get back to this stage, including reloads. What a pain in the fucking arse, give me a manual fucking save and then just disallow it once I walk out there FFS!!!

• Telepathic.Geometry 19 Apr 2013 16:45:08 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^-^ RPG + Crows = Crowd control and fuck you Handyman. /dances

• Telepathic.Geometry 20 Apr 2013 15:57:45 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Somatic: Cleared it on 1999 mode. Apart from that 2nd Handyman fight it was mostly easier than my first play through on Hard. There is a condition though:

This game - especially on 1999 mode - gives you the chance to fuck yourself by paying for a revive. If you instead reload the last checkpoint and keep your money, you can upgrade like crazy. By the end of the game I had fully upgraded Crow, Charge, Possession, Return and Bronco, and on top of that I had fully upgraded the Volley gun, RPG, shotgun and machine gun. In short, I was absolutely unstoppable.

I think that 2nd Handyman in Finkton is the last spike to overcome. After that it's plain sailing, so maybe consider giving it another shot some time? Also, for the record, I'm not a very skillful FPS player. Need any advice, just ask...

• Telepathic.Geometry 20 Apr 2013 15:58:17 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TG's Bioshock Infinite mini-blog ends.

• figaro7 21 Apr 2013 04:16:19 1,386 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would someone mind telling me how the continue option works at the start? ive resorted to loading chapters now as twice ive used continue and its put me miles back at the start of chapters where id thought id hit a save checkpoint correctly only to find i have had to do sections id previously done. Its beyond annoying and diminishing my enjoyment of the game, id like to turn the game off after an autosave checkpoint during levels but its not possible at all?

Ill admit this, Elizabeth makes this game, without her it wouldnt be anywhere near as engrossing or enjoyable. The combat is in line with bioshock 2, which was a lot better than bioshock 1 but this comes across almost call of duty like at times with special powers.
  • MrSensible 22 Apr 2013 00:10:50 25,392 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After finishing this I'm playing through the first game again for the first time. It's a completely different atmosphere! I didn't notice when playing through Infinite, but they really did change the format so much... not in a bad way or anything.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2013 00:15:26
    Watching the credits now.

Wow, and Em, what the fuck was that at the end? Maybe I stormed through it too quickly (picked it up on Thursday) but it went completely fucking mental at the end and now I have no idea what the story was...

Utterly superb though, definitely one of the best games this gen. Good graphics, sound and such great storytelling. Gameplay was fun and engaging but that was on normal, I can only imagine that it would become frustrating on harder difficulty as the controls did at times struggle to accommodate the action on screen.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 22 Apr 2013 05:37:46 11,564 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @nickthegun If you can figure out the range and upgrade the damage and splash, the volley gun is a beast. I especially like the way it is a sure kill for most low level guys so you can quickly shut down a crossfire...

• jampar 22 Apr 2013 12:45:38 59 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So - after some googling, took my launch xbox apart, and dusted it. it was pretty minging inside, but once put back together after a good clean, i have no more issues! Game - brilliant fun so far..was truly amazed by the sky hook.
  • the_dudefather 22 Apr 2013 13:02:23 9,418 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dancin'!

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Commander-Keen 23 Apr 2013 10:53:55 847 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished this - brilliant game!
  • Page

of 80 First / Last