• FuzzyDuck 3 Apr 2013 22:19:14 4,347 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andrewry

Spolilers man, sheesh!
  • ecu 3 Apr 2013 22:27:20 77,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's doing it on purpose. If you haven't finished the game yet and care even a little bit about the story, I suggest you stay away from this thread until you have.
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Apr 2013 07:50:08 7,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kanjin wrote:
    Does anyone else find the game REALLY loud at default mode, especially battles?
    God, yes. At "35" on my amp.... Standard load-a-game-up setting... it's noticeably louder than any other game. There's something about the voxophone audio that comes over really harsh for me too.

I think they've used the old advert trick of compressing the fuck out of everything. I.e. it isn't that it is set louder per we, but instead all of the medium and quiet audio in any given chunk has been boosted up in volume- everything sound "thicker".

Incidentally, there's something pleasingly Planet Of The Apes about the incidental sound effects, the little chord stabs and whatnot.
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Apr 2013 12:09:04 7,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished:

Major spoiler...

I FUCKING KNEW SHE WAS MY DAUGHTER!
    From half way through!

/never normally gets this stuff.
  • Kay 4 Apr 2013 12:41:35 17,923 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher Makes your comment from earlier rather interesting, to say the least.

mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Oooo, I like Elizabeth's foxy new outfit, rarrrrrr!
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Apr 2013 13:08:05 7,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I only suspect but it isn't yet confirmed, it's still OK to try to jam the camera up against a wall so that you can look down her blouse. I mean, everyone knows that rule.
  • ecu 4 Apr 2013 13:10:38 77,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's annoying how they don't subtitle the voxophone recordings but they do subtitle the Kinetoscope's, which already have text on them anyway, making the subtitles redundant. I know you can open the menu up to read the recordings, but I'd rather see the subtitles while I'm still walking around. They didn't work properly in Bioshock either.
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Apr 2013 13:18:04 7,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Voxophone audio interacts with and muffles character dialogue too. A little bit clunky at times.

So, I completed on "normal", if I go through in 1999 mode, does that cover "hard" too, or do I need three playthroughs?
  • Kay 4 Apr 2013 13:21:57 17,923 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    So, I completed on "normal", if I go through in 1999 mode, does that cover "hard" too, or do I need three playthroughs?
    Yep, the achievements stack.
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Apr 2013 13:27:53 7,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers ears!
  • liamthemaster 6 Apr 2013 14:20:55 1,602 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can someone tell me if I've missed a cutscene somewhere was the first part you going into the lighthouse nothing explained I'm up to just rescuing Elizabeth and on the beach and still nothing has really been explained
  • LionheartDJH 6 Apr 2013 15:53:14 19,492 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nope. You know all you need to know so far: "bring us the girl and wipe away the debt."

She dives for cheese pasties

• JohnnyIsTruant 7 Apr 2013 10:03:05 57 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got it Friday and finished it yesterday, I have to say this game has done the impossible and topped pretty much anything else I've played. Can't wait to crack into a second playthrough and get deeper into the story now that I know what's up.
  • Progguitarist 7 Apr 2013 10:34:00 10,481 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished it last night. Despite my initial lack of enthusiasm, it won me over. Brilliant.
  • HelloNo 7 Apr 2013 16:52:16 1,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Somehow lost 2 days of progress, will have to fight Lady Comstock 3 times again.. Brilliant.
  • tobsen 9 Apr 2013 09:50:33 62 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is anyone else playing this on the PS3 with Move control? I just started yesterday, got a used Move set off Ebay for this, and everything works apart from *no rumble in the Move controller*. Is this not implemented or is my controller faulty?
  • Progguitarist 9 Apr 2013 11:13:30 10,481 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Move does have rumble built in, perhaps you have to enable it in the options menu?
  • tobsen 11 Apr 2013 17:42:19 62 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, there is no rumble option in the motion controller menu - only for the regular wireless controller.
  • nickthegun 12 Apr 2013 09:28:03 60,501 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think im nearly finished. Great game so far and the difficulty is well pitched, generally, on hard.

The only real complaints I have are one or two massive difficulty spikes. You dont fight handymen nearly enough for how hard they are. They should introduce you to an easier one earlier on, rather than just introducing one that immediately fucks you over.

And points are being lost for the repeat of the Siren fight. Last night I was plodding along after it and it suddenly went apeshit. I immediately thought 'fuck this' and turned the game off.

THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 12 April 2013 10:22:14
    I really enjoyed the siren fight, but it seems I'm in the minority. I just tanked her with the Hail Storm gun and my Hand cannon whilst chucking crows everywhere to keep the wee guys busy.

Mind you I pussied out and played on normal.

Also, is it just me or are there only about 3 handymen in the whole game?

Edited by BillCityfingers at 10:23:03 12-04-2013
  • nickthegun 12 Apr 2013 10:23:36 60,501 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can confirm that, on hard, its an absolute bastard.

In the first encouter I actually ran out of resources around the arena it took that fucking long and had to melee her to death.

• nickthegun 12 Apr 2013 10:29:12 60,501 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They dont respawn there are just lots of them.

• Deleted user 12 April 2013 10:31:00
    I don't think I want to play it on hard.
  • imamazed 12 Apr 2013 10:31:58 5,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    [SPOILER]SPOILERS[/SPOILER]

Edited by imamazed at 10:32:13 12-04-2013
  • nickthegun 12 Apr 2013 10:52:24 60,501 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, while im complaining, they space the vigors out far too much. They gave you two of the most effective ones at the beginning of the game, so when you eventually get a new one, you have such a pattern to your game that you just donít use them, especially given the scarce resources and the fact that you have probably upgraded at least two Vigors by that point. Am I going to use a quarter of my salts on a vigor I donít know how to use or an eighth on one that I know will kill the fuck out of them?

It should be like God of War in that respect. Itís a bit artificial, but when you get a vigor, it should be in a room full of salts with a load of minor grunts running at you. At least that way you may find out early on that some vigors actually interact with each other rather than right at the end of the fucking game. I know thats very artificial and not in keeping with the game, but it really needs a tutorial mode other than that annoying 'HOLD TO SET TRAP' shite.

• imamazed 12 Apr 2013 10:54:07 5,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was the same with Bioshock though innit. Bioshock gave you electroshock and incinerate right at the start and then most people relied on those thereafter.
  • Deleted user 12 April 2013 11:02:25
    Yeah I found myself using possession and murder of crows for the whole game actually. I don't think I even tried the others. Same with Bio 1 + 2. Just found a couple I liked early on and ignored the rest.

Apart from near the end when you fight a lot more motorised patriots, I shocked them quite a bit while I blasted them.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 11:03:51 12-04-2013
  • ascue 12 Apr 2013 11:05:15 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bucking Bronco all the way!
  • imamazed 12 Apr 2013 11:07:14 5,795 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Possession and Devil's kiss for me
  • Page

of 80 First / Last