BioShock Infinite - Irrational games Page 55

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 17:16:24
    Wheelbarrowman wrote:
    What exactly will you lose from starting again? Waiting for a patch because you have a measly 1000 cash and some gear you found is utter madness. Just start again.
    It's not just that though. Others with the same problem have been 3/4 of the way through the game or more. For some reason my system is obviously susceptible to whatever's causing this so I don't want to spend hours on the game only for it to happen again. The gear and cash is crazy reason alone, I'll admit, but the main problem might not go away.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 17:32:59
    Wheelbarrowman wrote:
    Why noy play it from the start again and if the worst comes to the worst and it happens again then wait for a patch. The vast majority are playing without any real issues.
    I know. I probably will. It's just annoying. It's taken the shine off.

I wasn't having a gurn for the sake of it. Was hoping someone could help!

Edit: aaand one random save game still works. Bit of a back track but at least I still have my gear! Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else as it DOES seem to be an issue with a few folk. I'm going to carry on and pray it doesn't happen again.

/Mini crisis over for now

Edited by BillCityfingers at 18:25:50 02-04-2013
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 03:06:33
    If people think the atmosphere and setting are worthy of further exploration, the book Devil In The White City and text game 1893: A World's Fair Mystery are both worth a look.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 07:44:05
    Gah. Stick in the gunship/Zepellin set-piece at the end (I assume). Played through on hard and just can't hold out for long enough. Those damned patriots are hard and my possession vigour doesn't last long enough to be effective.
  • neems 3 Apr 2013 08:10:31 1,156 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They're not trying to kill you, just stand above and behind them and lamp them. The devil vigour works really well here, as does the crank gun.

Or lower the difficulty, obviously.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 08:15:54
    Well they do kill me and often.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Apr 2013 08:24:23 14,419 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    Gah. Stick in the gunship/Zepellin set-piece at the end (I assume). Played through on hard and just can't hold out for long enough. Those damned patriots are hard and my possession vigour doesn't last long enough to be effective.
    Identical to me, tried it twice, then dropped the level, so missed out on 15 gp, big deal.

It makes it all worth while once you get passed it.:-)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 08:27:38
    He is being a stubborn mule
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 08:38:20
    You miss out on 50. Seems such a shame to drop down now at such a late stage.
    Trying again now. Getting further.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Apr 2013 08:43:34 14,419 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    You miss out on 50. Seems such a shame to drop down now at such a late stage.
    Trying again now. Getting further.
    Fair enough, I was playing on normal then!
    I do agree it is a pisser, I had the same feelings with ACI end (ending, they went on so fookin long) fights.

Before the fight I would say it was 10/10 (Bioshock) then dropped to an 8/10 before picking up again. All the boss fight needed was a save point mid way through.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 08:43:36
    It's an Xbox live achievement, get over it.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 08:55:35
    Don't mind Pepsi. She's like The Hulk in a morning. All angry and stompy I mean, not green with an 80s haircut and a pair of ripped denim shorts.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 09:00:03 58,805 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Must be a delight to wake up next to, eh?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:20:03
    Weird problem I'm having:

I'm trying to replay the game via my TV with an HDMI cable. I can't seem to get it working though, as when I click play I just get a black screen. Might just be me doing something stupid, but I dunno what...
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:24:01
    FUCKING BOSS BATTLE BULLSHIT.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 11:28:22 58,805 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im not massively far in, ive just used the electric to call the gondola, but im quite surprised by how little I have died on Hard.

It was quite tough to begin with, with turrets everywhere and no shields, but once you get the girl and few vigors, its not as difficult as I thought it was going to be.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:32:57
    Just you wait.
  • Kay 3 Apr 2013 11:34:21 17,762 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    FUCKING BOSS BATTLE BULLSHIT.
    Remember to use Songbird to take out the the Zeppelins and gunships as quickly as possible. Otherwise the patriots will just keep on respawning.

Also try using Undertow on the patriots, that electrocutes and stuns them them for a bit.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 11:35:50 58,805 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah. The upgraded crow trap thing is going to stop working sooner or later, im sure, and thats winning most of my battles for me.

Oh a crowd of people charging towards me.. have a crow trap. Now you are all crow traps and I am the master of all I survey.

He totally called it

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:37:15
    The crow trap is badass all the way to the end. There is a certain boss most people got stuck on which is easy if you use crow trap correctly.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:43:30
    NNNNNNGGGGG

HAIRYARSE SMASH
  • Kay 3 Apr 2013 11:45:38 17,762 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    The crow trap is badass all the way to the end. There is a certain boss most people got stuck on which is easy if you use crow trap correctly.
    Lady Comstock?
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:53:14
    Shame patriots are invulnerable to crows. It's the fucking turrets that keep killing me. I have one zep and two gun ships to take out.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 11:55:04
    nickthegun wrote:
    Im not massively far in, ive just used the electric to call the gondola, but im quite surprised by how little I have died on Hard.

It was quite tough to begin with, with turrets everywhere and no shields, but once you get the girl and few vigors, its not as difficult as I thought it was going to be.
    Make sure you upgrade your possession vigour. I wish I had now.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Apr 2013 11:57:37 14,419 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really wish this had a new game+ or at the very least you could keep all upgrades, even when returning to the first chapter...I understand why you can't just wished you could.
    My second playthrough will be sometime next year, once all dlc is out and we get a GOTY.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 15:30:19
    ARGHH. Still can't beat it.

I think the problem is, as Hard is a lot more difficult than normal - well obvs - you die a lot more which means you have less cash to spend, and as a result can't afford as many upgrades. I've hardly invested anything in my vigours figuring I needed the health and shield bonuses. Problem is, it's difficult to beat the last mission without plenty of vigours.

I think I'm going to have to swallow my pride and reduce the difficulty level. :(

Someone's going to laugh at me.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2013 15:50:44 16,850 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I assume you are taking out the Zeppelin's that are dropping the patriots? I tended to use my RPG to take the patriots out from behind after stunning them with lightning. I did die once in the final battle as they all suddenly started firing at me after ignoring me. Oh and I was on normal.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 15:59:48 03-04-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 15:50:45
    You total loser. Wasted five hours.

Ha

Ha

Ha
  • Page

of 79 First / Last