Football Manager 2011 Page 4

• Page

of 31 First / Last

• markh 5 Nov 2010 11:01:05 3,598 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just can't bring myself to get FM11.

I tried the demo and just didn't really cllick with it - plus it was a bit slow on my fairly old laptop. I think it'll be the first year in 4 or 5 that i haven't got the new FM game on release. Still massively enjoying FM10 though, managed to get Boro into the Champions League in one game and I'm currently managing Cisco Roma in a newish game.
  • THFourteen 5 Nov 2010 11:06:15 33,594 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Hi xxxx

Please accept our apologies for the delay. The game is currently undergoing final testing and will be available shortly. You will receive an email to notify you once the game goes live.

Regards
    xxxx

Doh!
  • kalel 5 Nov 2010 11:09:06 87,898 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    markh wrote:
    I just can't bring myself to get FM11.

I tried the demo and just didn't really cllick with it - plus it was a bit slow on my fairly old laptop. I think it'll be the first year in 4 or 5 that i haven't got the new FM game on release. Still massively enjoying FM10 though, managed to get Boro into the Champions League in one game and I'm currently managing Cisco Roma in a newish game.

I buy FM every other year. Keeps it fresh. I used to get them every year but unless the new iteration was a major overhaul, they tended to leave me a bit cold.

I do the same thing for things like FIFA as well.
  • byron_hinson 5 Nov 2010 11:19:30 1,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't tell me the get games edition won't be for steamworks?
  • THFourteen 5 Nov 2010 12:34:58 33,594 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    byron_hinson wrote:
    Don't tell me the get games edition won't be for steamworks?

Doesnt seem like it.

Downloading now, it has its own downloader and setup i think
  • vijay_UK 5 Nov 2010 13:02:46 2,190 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone got any tips on how to start off with Liverpool? It's hard with no cash, and selling off crap players is harder than expected (although there are quite a few about at the club*).

I wanted to have a go with Liverpool before I try my luck my previous favourites Wycombe, Barnet and Crystal Palace.

Thx.

*Charles Itandje. Any help here would be awesome.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2010 13:29:01
    Sell Torres and buy 3 or 4 decent players with the money.
  • vijay_UK 5 Nov 2010 13:35:01 2,190 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You know what I was just thinking that - but I don't want my squad's morale to explode...but I might have to go for it
  • Bmovie 5 Nov 2010 13:36:14 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    You know what I was just thinking that - but I don't want my squad's morale to explode...but I might have to go for it

Sell Gerrard instead. Clean start and all that ;)
  • vijay_UK 5 Nov 2010 13:45:00 2,190 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmmm...I don't want to alienate Jamie Carragher by selling off his best mate. I think I'll start off with Wycombe, simpler and maybe more fun. Thx guys.
  • Bmovie 5 Nov 2010 13:53:17 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought you'd have been including Carragher in the crap players list ;)
  • vijay_UK 5 Nov 2010 13:56:39 2,190 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lol...

But crikey you're right. Unfortunately he has to stay...once he retires, he'll become the new Sammy Lee. Which can't be all that bad.
  • vijay_UK 5 Nov 2010 14:15:03 2,190 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I prefer to drop down a few leagues, see what the game offers before I try with an EPL team (well, always Liverpool). Wycombe has always been a personal favourite to start off with, followed by Crystal Palace and then onto Liverpool.

Having money available immediately, chopping and changing straightaway - never really my way of doing things. But hiddenranbir your're right with what you suggest: when I do take on the LFC job I'll go a whole season with what I have, and then see what I can do in the summer transfer window.
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Nov 2010 14:38:35 17,095 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I caved... :-/

You are a factory of sadness.

• Bmovie 5 Nov 2010 14:41:54 900 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    I caved... :-/

Me too.
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Nov 2010 14:46:53 17,095 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I went with Get Games in the end as I figure paying six extra quid just to have it in steam is a bit pointless.

• byron_hinson 5 Nov 2010 15:54:16 1,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    I went with Get Games in the end as I figure paying six extra quid just to have it in steam is a bit pointless.

Yea. Just wanted the mac play too though. Wish I hadn't got it now! Oh well
  • cianchristopher 5 Nov 2010 15:58:28 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:

I thought it'd be Steamworks (like FM 2009 and FM 2010) - check to see if you can activate your cd key on the Steam platform.
  • THFourteen 5 Nov 2010 16:17:11 33,594 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    Mr Sleep wrote:

I thought it'd be Steamworks (like FM 2009 and FM 2010) - check to see if you can activate your cd key on the Steam platform.

nope, not a valid key
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Nov 2010 16:17:51 17,095 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In regards of the steam thing, I'm not sure it seems to be using some other technology. Digi something or other, one has to put in a code that then allows the game. I do like digital distribution but this sort of thing does make me feel like I'm paying for a set of numbers!

• Kosmoz 5 Nov 2010 16:53:51 7,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Oh bloody hell. I really lost a lot from that save. Lost 4 premier league games and one champion's league group match.

Plus side, transfer window not closed, Drogba not injured from international break. I do hate redoing things though, might have to change save interval from monthly to weekly if crashing is an inherent problem that needs patching.
    I always have it weekly, just incase something does happen.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Mr_Sleep 5 Nov 2010 17:14:14 17,095 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just setting up my training as we speak, I'm off to the pub in about half an hour and I wont have any time to really get going. I forget how indepth this game gets :-D

• Orange 5 Nov 2010 18:29:28 4,822 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's a patch out already. Applied automatically to downloaded versions, but needed for boxed copies.

Finally got it installed, time to take the Staines Massive up the leagues :D
  • THFourteen 5 Nov 2010 20:05:56 33,594 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gah.

Played for an hour and only done one friendly and put in a transfer request for various ageing wingers to boost palaces crappy squad.

Game plays really well on the iPad, thanks for the splashtop remote recommendation, cant remember who's it was!
  • Grump 5 Nov 2010 21:48:34 1,180 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mine :)
  • Page

of 31 First / Last