Football Manager 2011 Page 30

• Page

of 31 First / Last

• cianchristopher 5 Sep 2011 15:06:03 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Carlow 4 Life, mofos... The Foundry, yeah!
  • grey_matters 5 Sep 2011 15:07:58 3,690 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D
  • AaronTurner 5 Sep 2011 15:09:43 7,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm in my 4th season with Dundee, quite fun cause they start the 1st season with a 25 point penalty in the first division. One of my problems with this game though is that it can be too easy to pick up free transfers. I've got a midfield that includes David Bentley, Stephen Ireland, Stephen Hunt and Marc Albrighton - quite a coup for Dundee. Not to mention that I also signed Kyle Bartley who was immense for a season before the chairman decided to sell him.

Also, I've been in the Premier League for two seasons and now the board expect me to get a European position. Sometimes the expectations are a little crazy, you'd think they'd just be well happy with what I've done for them.

I've got them playing like Brazil though, took apart Celtic 3-1 playing my ludicrously attacking formation. It's fun.
  • grey_matters 5 Sep 2011 15:15:58 3,690 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone find that the european games are slightly easier sometimes? It feels like there is a randomly weighted underdog bonus for the cups.
  • Kosmoz 5 Sep 2011 15:17:06 7,666 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm quite happy at Sutton United, and I'm currently top of League 1, but the board seriously lack ambition. I have saved up quite a bit of cash over the season by not paying for any players and having decent cup runs, and I've went from having a few hundred people at each game to filling my 7032 capacity stadium every week, but the board are refusing to expand my stadium because they don't think there is enough fans. If there aren't enough fans, how is my stadium selling out every week no matter who the opposition is?

Oh well, it's their loss, I'm sure the Cardiff board will be much more ambitious.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• grey_matters 5 Sep 2011 15:21:30 3,690 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    I'm quite happy at Sutton United, and I'm currently top of League 1, but the board seriously lack ambition. I have saved up quite a bit of cash over the season by not paying for any players and having decent cup runs, and I've went from having a few hundred people at each game to filling my 7032 capacity stadium every week, but the board are refusing to expand my stadium because they don't think there is enough fans. If there aren't enough fans, how is my stadium selling out every week no matter who the opposition is?

Oh well, it's their loss, I'm sure the Cardiff board will be much more ambitious.
    I think the board need a full season of capacity crowds before they'll upgrade. I reckon Sutton will expand at the end of the season. Announced just before you leave for extra nut-kickage.
  • Unclebenny 5 Sep 2011 15:44:50 27 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    What resolution is your netbook? Have you tried the various optimisations to get it running on one?

Thats a good question... I wish I knew how to answer it...
  • grey_matters 5 Sep 2011 15:52:01 3,690 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Unclebenny wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:
    What resolution is your netbook? Have you tried the various optimisations to get it running on one?

I'm guessing that it is 1024x600 and the game cannot display itself. There is a netbook skin available at FMScout with instructions on what to do for Steam users.
  • AaronTurner 5 Sep 2011 16:04:48 7,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    Unclebenny wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:

I'm guessing that it is 1024x600 and the game cannot display itself. There is a netbook skin available at FMScout with instructions on what to do for Steam users.

Yeah it'll work if you do this, did for me anyway.
  • MadCaddy13 5 Sep 2011 16:40:02 1,888 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The only real way to play this is to start unemployed - am I right guys? Hell yeah
  • Unclebenny 5 Sep 2011 16:45:35 27 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As you probably can tell I am quite useless at tech. I have downloaded this skin but i've struggled to get it to work. If you worked for you guys though maybe it'll work for me. I'll give it another go.
  • Kosmoz 5 Sep 2011 16:47:33 7,666 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    The only real way to play this is to start unemployed - am I right guys? Hell yeah
    That's how I started my current game. Got my first job in the Blue Square North, and now it's 2017 and I'm about to become the Cardiff manager in the Championship.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• AaronTurner 5 Sep 2011 16:55:42 7,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Depends really, I wanted the challenge of rebuilding Dundee and I wouldn't get that challenge without selecting them at the start. Starting from unemployed can be fun but I've been given unrealistic jobs before that way too.
  • MadCaddy13 6 Sep 2011 13:33:07 1,888 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My goal is to become newcastle manager from unemployed. Gonna be a long hard road! Starting off with Bromley - lost all my friendlies so far!
  • Shikasama 8 Sep 2011 19:52:02 6,757 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished a game as the Beijing Guards, I had 16 shots, the opposition had 4

56% of the possesion

I had 4 players injured during the game (2 by the same player)

2 Penalties waved away.

Final score? 1-1.

Not enough rage in the world
  • Deleted user 8 September 2011 19:56:54
    Sounds like you've based your team on Arsenal.
  • White_Shadow 8 Sep 2011 20:28:31 2,537 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just stepped down as manager of Roma in October 2019, after 2 consecutive CL wins and on a 60-odd game domestic unbeaten run, to manage Preston in League 2. This could go horribly wrong.
  • Fonzie 8 Sep 2011 20:46:45 1,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After reading a blog on FM2009

http://www.runofplay.com/category/vercelli/

I've got the urge to play this again but with made up players and start from the conference in the English league. Could be a lot of fun.
  • Shikasama 8 Sep 2011 20:49:44 6,757 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fonzie wrote:
    After reading a blog on FM2009

http://www.runofplay.com/category/vercelli/

I've got the urge to play this again but with made up players and start from the conference in the English league. Could be a lot of fun.
    I've done that before. Only problem is you can end up with massively unbalanced players. Fair enough the ranges are based on some limitations but you stille dn up with powerhouses in divisions too low for them.

Also, Aargh - ZING!
  • faux_carnation 10 Sep 2011 15:34:54 9,265 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It only took 17 years
  • Deleted user 10 September 2011 15:48:59
    Well done, I've always wanted to attempt a game like that.
  • Shikasama 10 Sep 2011 16:42:13 6,757 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm an absolute bugger for downloading other peoples tactics and playing them but I'm finding it quite unsatisfying.

Problme is when I create my own, I don't really know where I am supposed to be looking to see where thigns are going wrong, I'm trapped in a spiral of mediocrity with my own players :(
  • AaronTurner 10 Sep 2011 17:22:59 7,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do you watch the full game? It doesn't actually take that long and it's worth it for the first few times with a new tactic. Even on extended highlights it's hard to tell where you are going wrong.
  • faux_carnation 12 Sep 2011 23:25:31 9,265 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My first season in the Champions League with Blyth, hooray!

However, the home-grown status for squad registration seems to be broken, and it's not recognising loads of my homegrown players as homegrown. Can anyone shed any light on this?

edit: Actually a small google reveals it's a known bug, which can't be fixed by patching in an existing save file. Fucking hell.
  • Ultrasoundwave 13 Sep 2011 14:21:25 3,281 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did they ever figure out a proper fix for the (non-steam) Crash Dump error with this?.

Im running small (un-edited) database game with only England selected (Prem down to League 2) on a PC thats a few years old but has 3GB of RAM. The match engine is disabled and the game is windowed, yet i CONSTANTLY keep getting the Crash Dump error after a few seasons of play.

I keep deleting the crash dump file AND Ive got the latest Java and DirectX updates too. Any advice on avoiding the crash dumps?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• grey_matters 13 Sep 2011 14:43:35 3,690 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing worked for me until the third patch. If that hasn't done it you may be in trouble. Sounds like you've tried most of the other attempted solutions.
  • Gruff 13 Sep 2011 18:43:08 2,854 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Right, pretty far into my Ultra slow-take a team from the bottom- to the top- in the English league save- With Lower League manager rules.

LLM rules for those that don't know are self imposed rules that mean you can only buy players your scout finds, you must remain in budget, you only scout players from in and around England, no trawling through free agents lists, and playing as a Manager with just Sunday league experience.

As Basingstoke, 1st season 3rd in Blue Square South, lost in playoffs, 2nd Season Won BSQ South, 3rd season won BSQ Premier, into the Football league.

Won the FA trophy 2 years running

Yet to spend any money, happy days

BTW totally recommend checking out this chicks thoughts on attributes, she may be the perfect women , apart from being an Arsenal supporter of course.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Deleted user 13 September 2011 18:47:34
    Gruff wrote:
    Right, pretty far into my Ultra slow-take a team from the bottom- to the top- in the English league save- With Lower League manager rules.

LLM rules for those that don't know are self imposed rules that mean you can only buy players your scout finds, you must remain in budget, you only scout players from in and around England, no trawling through free agents lists, and playing as a Manager with just Sunday league experience.

As Basingstoke, 1st season 3rd in Blue Square South, lost in playoffs, 2nd Season Won BSQ South, 3rd season won BSQ Premier, into the Football league.

Won the FA trophy 2 years running

Yet to spend any money, happy days

Dafuge's Challenge at a guess?
  • Gruff 13 Sep 2011 18:49:09 2,854 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lost me there Hurbs, Anal retentive challenge more like, i even watch full matches like a freak : )

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Shikasama 13 Sep 2011 21:50:35 6,757 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    My first season in the Champions League with Blyth, hooray!

However, the home-grown status for squad registration seems to be broken, and it's not recognising loads of my homegrown players as homegrown. Can anyone shed any light on this?

edit: Actually a small google reveals it's a known bug, which can't be fixed by patching in an existing save file. Fucking hell.

Oh jesus...Not sure what to say about that man. That is proper shit.
  • Page

of 31 First / Last