Football Manager 2011 Page 29

• Page

of 31 First / Last

• Deleted user 23 August 2011 21:54:02
    i downloaded the demo from stream. it ran smoothly, even the match engine.

it's all very slick but the amount of options, screen and things to click on is overwhelming.

just clicking on news items can result in my being presented with a screen i've not seen before, and one i've no idea how to navigate to.

i think unless you've been playing year-on-year and slowly been introduced to all these new features it's a case of information overload - just looking at the club staff screen and training options made me realise i don't have the time to play something like this.
  • AaronTurner 23 Aug 2011 22:41:11 7,600 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I barely touch stuff like training and I let my assistant control things like press conferences. You don't need to take care of everything in the game but I guess it's not for everyone.
  • faux_carnation 23 Aug 2011 23:28:01 9,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've taken Blyth Spartans from BSN to mid-table in the Prem (in about 12 years); I don't think I would've managed it without the complete micro-managing of training etc.

Boatmurdered FC

• faux_carnation 24 Aug 2011 10:54:08 9,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gah. This game is ridiculous when you get to the Prem. The difference between mid-table and top 6 is just absurd. The top teams are able to score at will, without creating chances. The just score absurd long range goals over and over again.

Boatmurdered FC

• faux_carnation 25 Aug 2011 13:55:31 9,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Meh. Easy mode :p

Boatmurdered FC

• LionheartDJH 4 Sep 2011 10:20:05 19,359 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's a fan-made 2011 summer transfer update here for anyone who fancies starting out with the line-ups from this season to tide over until FM12 comes out :). Been updated post-deadline so the last day deals are included aswell I think, will check it out myself in a bit.

Edit: fixed link.

She dives for cheese pasties

• philreeduk 4 Sep 2011 11:21:45 280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers for the link lionheart will be trying this out after work!
  • faux_carnation 4 Sep 2011 12:45:25 9,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Given how "complicated" this supposedly is these days, I'm pretty miffed at the lack of statistical analysis available.

Just knowing Player X has 6 assists isn't enough really. I want to know who he assisted, with what method, at what time in the game etc. etc.

Hope this gets looked at for FM12.

Boatmurdered FC

• Deleted user 4 September 2011 13:23:16
    Something like the passing plot for each game but spread over a season for that player instead of just 1 game would be nice, maybe isolating it to a particular range of games?
  • Deleted user 4 September 2011 13:45:34
    I don't think I've ever made notes on players, except one time when I bought an entire team of players all with the same name. I had to do it then so I didn't get confused.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2011 13:49:17
    But I wanted the commentary to say that Raul passed to Raul to cross it to Raul who flicked it on then it was scored in the top corner by Raul :p
  • Deleted user 4 September 2011 13:50:17
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    they got downgraded due to technological advancements.

New tech became available so your existing got worse?
  • MadCaddy13 4 Sep 2011 22:28:20 1,858 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game cost me 425 quid. Had to buy a new laptop coz I broke my old one :(
  • Unclebenny 5 Sep 2011 13:03:47 25 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone had any problems getting their steam downloaded version to work? I bought this yesterday from shopto and havent played a min of it yet. I cant get it to play at all. It says launching and you can find fm.exe in the task manager but it never starts up.

I am playing on a netbook but I've had this problem before on my desktop with fm 09.

I want at least the chance to get fired.

Grumble
  • MysteryLamb 5 Sep 2011 13:27:51 525 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Never had a problem with FM11 on a variety of notebooks/ laptops.

Could it be that stupid thing steam/ windows does the first time any game is launched from steam and take ages to apply redistributables and frameworks and gubbins? I've known some games take 15 minutes of background downloading/ installing the first (and only the first) time they are started.
  • Unclebenny 5 Sep 2011 13:34:33 25 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MysteryLamb wrote:
    Never had a problem with FM11 on a variety of notebooks/ laptops.

Could it be that stupid thing steam/ windows does the first time any game is launched from steam and take ages to apply redistributables and frameworks and gubbins? I've known some games take 15 minutes of background downloading/ installing the first (and only the first) time they are started.

I don't think so, I've left it to its own devices for ages and nothing happens. As I mentioned before I had this problem on my desktop before with 09. That today has decided it wants to work on my desktop but neither will on my netbook. I think its something to do with steam and updates as I've never had this problem before. I've e-mailed sega but nothing appears to be doing as of yet.

I'm afraid since the new one has come out that they will just ignore the issue and I've wasted my money and time.
  • Kosmoz 5 Sep 2011 13:36:52 7,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new one hasn't came out yet, so don't worry about that.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• grey_matters 5 Sep 2011 13:42:29 3,678 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What resolution is your netbook? Have you tried the various optimisations to get it running on one?
  • Unclebenny 5 Sep 2011 13:43:31 25 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I meant about to come out, its just preys on my mind since some of the steam help links about issues just lead to a massive advert for fm12.
  • Deleted user 5 September 2011 14:08:37
    After spanking Wigan 8-1 I have really struggled for form, its been D-L-D-W with the win coming in the last minute.
  • Kosmoz 5 Sep 2011 14:33:29 7,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm currently in my 6th season at Sutton United, having brought them from the Blue Square South to League 1, and have just been offered the Cardiff job. I accepted it, but didn't check the transfer date, so it turns out I'll be at Sutton United until the end of the season. Now I just need to hope Cardiff don't get relegated, because at the moment promotion looks on the cards for Sutton United.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• grey_matters 5 Sep 2011 15:04:27 3,678 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/
    Won the Champions League yesterday with Carlow (team from the unlockable 2nd division South in Ireland) in the year 2023. Totally undeserved. Barca and Real both should have beaten me and Villarreal destroyed me in the semi but lost 1-0 somehow. Surprisingly comfortable in the final against Man City (though they had two late goals, they lost on penalties).
    My players will now sign new contracts where they previously wouldn't and I can attract a few players that are already pretty decent. If the chairman holds off selling my players for a while I might make the quarters/semis again, but deservedly so. Sundance is going to shoot up from 6500 to over 8000 and will probably fill the new stand just built done time next year. 30m for the Brazilian national team goalkeeper you say? Done!
  • Page

of 31 First / Last