Football Manager 2011

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Kosmoz 11 Aug 2010 12:55:32 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some new features revealed here on EG. Agents could be interesting, and I wonder how "real time" contract negotiations work.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• kalel 11 Aug 2010 12:58:31 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds good. The negotiations can be annoying, especially when it's getting to the end of the window and you can't really see why things are dragging on.
  • Kosmoz 11 Aug 2010 15:34:42 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trailer up too

• Mr_Sleep 11 Aug 2010 15:35:52 16,838 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Sounds good. The negotiations can be annoying, especially when it's getting to the end of the window and you can't really see why things are dragging on.

Sounds like that has a degree of accuracy about it. See: Milner to City ;-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• ResidentKnievel 11 Aug 2010 15:45:00 6,103 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Trailer up too

The guy in the vid looks like Angelos Epithemiou from Shooting Stars.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• kentmonkey 11 Aug 2010 17:34:48 20,411 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What I don't like and never have in FM is that you offer a player an amount and then you get no feedback, only to find that somebody else offered them .5k more. In real life an agent would be coming back negotiating all of that (unless the club they were moving to was their dream club or something and they didn't want other offers).

Also too many times I've bid for a player, they've wanted to come (even had 'Wishes to impress Mr Monkey in his next match') and I've offered them say £50k a week, first team football and lots of clauses (benefiting them) only for them to sign for a much lower team on £35k a week and it not make any sense whatsoever. Schweinsteiger the other day handed in a transfer request, had the 'Wants to impress Mr...' in his personal profile, stated that he wanted to move to a bigger team, I bid, they accepted, I offered him the £100k he wanted...then two days later he signed a new contract at his club going from £80k a week down to £65k a week. Makes. No. Sense.

Obviously more times than not it works out as it should, but the above happens more often than it should
  • MiniAmin 12 Aug 2010 12:49:32 3,389 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I used to play FM on my laptop. I know have a netbook which has no optical drive. Is there a way for me to buy and legally download the game onto my netbook?
  • Dougs 12 Aug 2010 12:50:15 66,585 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MiniAmin wrote:
    I used to play FM on my laptop. I know have a netbook which has no optical drive. Is there a way for me to buy and legally download the game onto my netbook?

Steam
  • MiniAmin 12 Aug 2010 12:55:49 3,389 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    MiniAmin wrote:

Steam

Awesome, cheers.
  • Shikasama 12 Aug 2010 14:29:22 6,599 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A netbook might struggle with a game like FM though surely?
  • Kosmoz 12 Aug 2010 14:32:46 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    You could play with 2D pitch or commentary only from matches, but you would probably be limited to small database and one country at a time.

• LionheartDJH 12 Aug 2010 14:32:49 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some of the higher spec ones would probably be alright with it so long as you turned the graphics settings on the 3D matches down. My mate had FM2008 running on his a few years back after he installed it using an external disc drive. Biggest problem is probably the resolution, as it can be quite hard to see the text on those small screens.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Kosmoz 13 Aug 2010 18:32:33 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get FM pre-ordered from The Hut for £22.93 (cheapest online price) by using the code "SUPER2" at the checkout, this weekend only.

• Deleted user 13 August 2010 18:46:21
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    You could play with 2D pitch or commentary only from matches, but you would probably be limited to small database and one country at a time.

Would need to check on minimum resolutions as well.
  • MiniAmin 13 Aug 2010 18:48:22 3,389 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:

Thanks, that's a good point, hadn't considered it.

I have Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and Halo installed on the netbook. Halo is a bit of a struggle but PES5 works perfect.
  • LionheartDJH 13 Aug 2010 18:49:31 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Get FM pre-ordered from The Hut for £22.93 (cheapest online price) by using the code "SUPER2" at the checkout, this weekend only.

Cheers Kosmoz, might look into that. Keep an eye on both The Hut and Zavvi though, as they usually at some point put it down to £18. Got FM2008 from The Hut for that, and the same from Zavvi with FM2010.

• LionheartDJH 13 Aug 2010 18:51:15 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MiniAmin wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:

I have Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and Halo installed on the netbook. Halo is a bit of a struggle but PES5 works perfect.

Got the box here MiniAmin, says min res. is 1024 x 768. As I said before my friend had FM2008 on his netbook but it was kinda hard to see the small text and I was straining my eyes after a few minutes with it.

• MiniAmin 13 Aug 2010 23:55:21 3,389 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    MiniAmin wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:

Got the box here MiniAmin, says min res. is 1024 x 768. As I said before my friend had FM2008 on his netbook but it was kinda hard to see the small text and I was straining my eyes after a few minutes with it.

Thanks man. Argh, 1200 x 600 :( I loved the thought of playing FM in bed using my comfy laptop.

If I don't sell my PC i'll buy it. I wish they created an Android edition.
  • Hantheman 14 Aug 2010 11:45:08 540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So are they going for ultra-realsim and having agents that are all complete c*nts?
  • LionheartDJH 14 Aug 2010 11:52:21 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well they're going to have different personalities and stuff, so yeah I would think there'll be a few twat agents that you'll have to deal with at times.

• Kosmoz 25 Aug 2010 22:27:31 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aparently in previous FMs a few people have had a son come up through the youth system in longer games. Has anyone had this happen?

• LionheartDJH 25 Aug 2010 23:23:38 19,359 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't say I have Kosmoz, though I've always wanted it to. I've only ever done a max of seven seasons in one game though, so might not have given myself the best chance of seeing it. I think I read on the SI forums a while back that there's a 1 in 10 chance of it happening in your game or something, so it's not overly common, but obviously considering the size of the player base quite a few people have it happen. Would be cool to have it happen one day but I've not managed to play one game past four seasons in the last two versions.

• Kosmoz 6 Oct 2010 13:26:24 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some new features have been announced:
    - New social media feature – upload videos to YouTube and achievements to Twitter and the FM website

- Set Piece Creator - allows you to set up your set piece routines

- Newgen revamp – takes national traits into account for players characteristics

- Squad registration / squad number – separate screens for registering your 25 players for the league season and allocating squad numbers

• Kosmoz 18 Oct 2010 15:53:56 7,579 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Demo this week.

• kalel 18 Oct 2010 18:49:41 86,240 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had sons come through in games of FM in the past.

I neeed FM2011 now.
  • Gruff 18 Oct 2010 18:58:16 2,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago

Thanks man. Argh, 1200 x 600 :( I loved the thought of playing FM in bed using my comfy laptop.

If I don't sell my PC i'll buy it. I wish they created an Android edition.

Works fine on my netbook. You can download a netbook skin and use that, and it works very well.
    And add the small windows parameter to load it (google it)

You have to play in 2D but then i always do, and i have all leagues in England and Scotland running
    Had FM 2011 on pre order for ages : )

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• RedSparrows 18 Oct 2010 19:39:13 21,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I play it on my netbook, with all major leagues fully active, large database etc. Only issue is screen res, but i keep meaning to get a netbook skin, text is ok. 2D matches only, however.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next