Batman: Arkham City Page 3

• Page

of 81 First / Last

• Tomo 6 Aug 2010 09:22:12 13,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    The Game Informer covers are absolutely amazing.

Just wanted to come in here and say this. But it already has been! Good, good.

I don't like comic books, or their film adaptations, or games of comics generally. And I haven't played the first one beyond the Challenge Rooms, but mein Gott, I'm stupidly excited about the sequel!

:x
  • Captain_Peach 6 Aug 2010 12:17:24 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You should definitley play the first one then Tomo! It's an excellent game and currently part of Zavvi's 2 for 25 along with Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect 2 and Metro 2033.

I would link it right here but I don't know how :(
  • LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 12:20:14 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zavvi 2 for 25 on Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

Captain_Peach fail :D

She dives for cheese pasties

• Captain_Peach 6 Aug 2010 12:24:52 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    :'(

But yeah I seriously recomend you getting Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2.

Probably my two favourite games this gen or at least of the last 2 years or so.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 6 Aug 2010 12:27:54 1,899 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    :'(

But yeah I seriously recomend you getting Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2.

Probably my two favourite games this gen or at least of the last 2 years or so.

Easily. Two of the best games this console generation.
  • LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 12:29:13 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll let you in on the secret C_P, seeing as you seem like a nice chap :). There's a link button, press it, copy and paste the link where it says "copy URL here", then put the description in the "description here" bit. And there you go!

I will +1 both of those games though, both fantastic. Wish I still had AA, but I traded it after completion because I got conned into buying that dreadful CE and couldn't bear the thought of losing a whole 60 on it so I decided to get some of my cash back. Been meaning to buy it again ever since!

Anyway Tomo if you're interested in the GOTY with the DLC maps and the 3D gimmick thing, then Gamestation have the 360 version for 12.99 at the moment. Not sure whether it's a better buy than just the standard game though, but might be worth it if you fancy a bit of motion sickness to go with your gaming pleasure ;)

• Captain_Peach 6 Aug 2010 12:37:39 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    I'll let you in on the secret C_P, seeing as you seem like a nice chap :). There's a link button, press it, copy and paste the link where it says "copy URL here", then put the description in the "description here" bit. And there you go!

Thank You
  • LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 12:40:45 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    \O/

• King_Edward 6 Aug 2010 13:14:20 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Zavvi 2 for 25 on Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

Captain_Peach fail :D

Cheers for this. I can finally splash out on my own copies of Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta.
  • LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 13:17:34 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can haz knighthood or order of the empire your majesty? :)

• Deleted user 6 August 2010 13:27:26
    It was only the boss battles that disappointed me in the first one, especially the steroid abusing enemies that kept appearing. Hopefully there will be more variation in them this time cos the rest of the game was great.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2010 13:33:46
    Bah. Need ... to not buy ... any more games. Must complete those I already have....but ... good...offer.
  • LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 13:34:56 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No richardtock, you must resist! You can do it!

Hahaha psyche! Buy the damn games! :D

• LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 13:35:31 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Micro_Explosion. wrote:
    It was only the boss battles that disappointed me in the first one, especially the steroid abusing enemies that kept appearing. Hopefully there will be more variation in them this time cos the rest of the game was great.

+1 to this. The final battle was quite the let down I thought.

• macksed 6 Aug 2010 13:37:41 3,798 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    is nobody else kind of disappointed that yet again it's set in some kind of enclosed holding facility? Although I guess keeping it samey isn't a bad thing and gameplay might break out into the city at some points.
  • ProfessorLesser 6 Aug 2010 13:50:21 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No, fuck you, over-ambitious sandbox games.
  • macksed 6 Aug 2010 13:51:10 3,798 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't want that! I just mean other settings...jeez :(
  • LionheartDJH 6 Aug 2010 13:58:07 19,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

+1. I'd rather have a very good linear experience than a mediocre open world one anyday.

• ProfessorLesser 6 Aug 2010 14:05:37 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    I don't want that! I just mean other settings...jeez :(
    It seemed to be the 'enclosed' part that you were objecting to, sorry.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 6 Aug 2010 14:17:19 1,899 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    is nobody else kind of disappointed that yet again it's set in some kind of enclosed holding facility? Although I guess keeping it samey isn't a bad thing and gameplay might break out into the city at some points.

Yeah, but it does specifically refer to it as being "part of the city" in the press release, and other imagery/trailer we've seen suggests exterior city block locations. So whilst by its nature it'll be relatively enclosed, I think the setting is suitably different.
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Aug 2010 14:22:58 23,851 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm fine with it being enclosed. It was the scripted nature of the first game that I loved so much. And it lets you booby trap rooms for guards and so on.

I'll imagine even though you're going through some streets etc, it'll all be heavily linear, ie climb through this burning house to get to the other side of the street then through the path of burnt out cars and such.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Britesparc Creative, ITV 6 Aug 2010 14:28:32 1,899 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I reckon there'll be city streets and whatnot, but they'll be enclosed, the same way the mansion grounds were enclosed in AA 1.
  • macksed 6 Aug 2010 14:33:16 3,798 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah I think maybe 'enclosed' was terrible choice of word, I just meant I was a bit disappointed it was another jail like setting, but I definitely want it to remain linear, just more variety in setting.

Also, really I guess the 1st one was sandbox, just smallish, I wouldn't mind if it was completely linear uncharted style - just because once in the 1st game I got lost on my way out of the batcave and it took me ages to get on with the game, haha. But I assume most would want to keep the way it was what with all the collectables - that wouldn't work as well in a level based game.
  • sport 6 Aug 2010 14:36:38 12,690 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

This.
  • King_Edward 6 Aug 2010 14:40:11 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    macksed wrote:

I'm disappointed they've decided to make a direct sequel. I was hoping for something more or less unrelated. Like the movies.
  • Tomo 6 Aug 2010 17:14:58 13,886 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    You should definitley play the first one then Tomo! It's an excellent game and currently part of Zavvi's 2 for 25 along with Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect 2 and Metro 2033.

I would link it right here but I don't know how :(

I will get it, but I'm waiting for it to dip below a tenner on Steam. Think it managed 14.99 in the Summer blowout, but I bought soooo much then, it would've been pointless to buy Batman too.
  • SpaceIndaver 9 Aug 2010 15:57:29 45 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SpaceIndaver 9 Aug 2010 15:57:29 45 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Batman tends not to do so well in open spaces against dudes with guns. It would be a pretty short game.
  • DFawkes 10 Aug 2010 12:42:17 22,787 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sure it's old to everyone else, but for the ones that don't know...

Arkham City Map featured in Arkham Asylum

I like that as a little Easter Egg. If there'd been no sequel then there'd be no harm, but now we know we already see how some of the plot threads go.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Britesparc Creative, ITV 10 Aug 2010 13:29:31 1,899 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's awesome! Love it. Think I'll try that one out tonight.
  • Page

of 81 First / Last