Batman: Arkham City Page 2

• Page

of 81 First / Last

• kalel 5 Aug 2010 18:15:32 87,753 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    No. You're all wrong. Arkham City is the name for a new prison within Gotham. It's like District 9, but within the city, and for mental people, not aliens.

I'd bet money the need to have continuity with the name drove the concept.

Still, it's a good concept, so not bothered.

Co-op works well with stealth games so having Bats and Cats is quite exciting. I just hope it's a proper length true co-op campaign as opposed to some multiplayer gimmick bullshit.
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Aug 2010 18:20:01 24,392 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The magazine cover is fantastic.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Captain_Peach 5 Aug 2010 18:20:34 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hope not! I don't want to have to play Co-op to be able to play some of the game or have to play with some stupid AI if I don't wanna play Co-op.

I hope that they just chuck in the option to play Co-op in the normal campaign or better yet don't have Co-op at all.
  • ProfessorLesser 5 Aug 2010 18:22:02 19,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yes, don't have any entirely optional features, that's the way forward!
  • morriss 5 Aug 2010 18:23:31 71,002 posts
    Seen 27 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Talia AL Ghul and Mr. Freeze will in it.

Oh.

Two Face will be there, though. So that's good.
  • kalel 5 Aug 2010 18:23:48 87,753 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It should be like that Splinter Cell which had an awesome SP campaign, an awesome Co-op campaign (ideally playable offline with a buddy and online), and also MP as well.

Probably too much to ask, but would be nice.
  • Captain_Peach 5 Aug 2010 18:26:11 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

I don't like knowing theres a whole load of content I can't play just because I don't want to play Co-op. I also don't want to see a great single player game made into a Co-op game where I'm forced to "Choose doors" whilst playing with a stupid Ai I have to baby sit the whole way through just because I want to play the game alone.
  • Deleted user 5 August 2010 18:28:03
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

I don't like knowing theres a whole load of content I can't play just because I don't want to play Co-op. I also don't want to see a great single player game made into a Co-op game where I'm forced to "Choose doors" whilst playing with a stupid Ai I have to baby sit the whole way through just because I want to play the game alone.
    This.

Kalel has got the right idea.
  • GuiltySpark 5 Aug 2010 18:29:14 6,387 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

So you don't want co op done badly then?

Unfortunatly co op is an entirely viable gameplay element, I quite enjoyed it in Gears. Sometimes I'm pissed off that a game doesn't have co op to be honest, but it does depend entirely on the game.

Get bent.

• LionheartDJH 5 Aug 2010 18:29:49 19,462 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

Is this the Resident Evil 5 thread? :p

She dives for cheese pasties

• ProfessorLesser 5 Aug 2010 18:35:10 19,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

In which case it would not be "optional". The co-op element would have infringed upon your single-player enjoyment.

I don't see how "give the option for co-op" could possibly be worse than not offering it at all.

But ok, I see that I am being pedantic and we do actually agree, you're just not that botherd by co-op ;-)
  • the_dudefather 5 Aug 2010 18:35:14 9,288 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    co-op challenge rooms or something like spec-ops in MW2 would be nice

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Captain_Peach 5 Aug 2010 18:46:02 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Captain_Peach wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

In which case it would not be "optional". The co-op element would have infringed upon your single-player enjoyment.

I don't see how "give the option for co-op" could possibly be worse than not offering it at all.

But ok, I see that I am being pedantic and we do actually agree, you're just not that botherd by co-op ;-)

Haha I'm just scared that they'll ruin my most looked forward to game by shoe horning Co-op into it. No matter how optional it is they'll have made design decisions based on the Co-op which could lead it to be a worse game.

Co-op challenge rooms or a similair mode would be fine with me but I hope there isn't a seperate Co-op exclusive mode.
  • King_Edward 5 Aug 2010 18:47:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It should be like that Splinter Cell which had an awesome SP campaign, an awesome Co-op campaign (ideally playable offline with a buddy and online), and also MP as well.

Was thinking the same thing. The Kestrel/Archer missions in SC were great, and as everyone knows, add Batman to anything and it gets 10x better. :)
  • ProfessorLesser 5 Aug 2010 18:48:16 19,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think we'll have any shoe-horning if the first game's anything to go by. I think if there's co-op, it'll be a good stab at it, and will probably be really fun.

Not wanting to play any extra content because you're a miserable bastard is really just selfish, though ;-)
  • Captain_Peach 5 Aug 2010 18:52:16 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I don't think we'll have any shoe-horning if the first game's anything to go by. I think if there's co-op, it'll be a good stab at it, and will probably be really fun.

Not wanting to play any extra content because you're a miserable bastard is really just selfish, though ;-)

I'm a miserable bastard you really think I care that I'm selfish ;)

Seriously though it's more because I don't have Xbox Live :)
  • LionheartDJH 5 Aug 2010 18:55:12 19,462 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Same here Peach, you guys leave us anti-social gamers alone!

Though I don't mind when good co-op only modes are included in games, it's good for people who want to play it, and I can usually make do with the single player if the game is good enough.

• Captain_Peach 5 Aug 2010 19:00:58 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wouldn't mind if the Co-op campaign included a way to play with an Ai because at least then I could actually play it and I'd make do with the probably lacklustre AI because I'd already have the single player and this would be a nice extra.

I just don't want to have content locked out that I could feasibly play alone just because I don't wanna pay for online

Should've bought a damn PS3
  • ProfessorLesser 5 Aug 2010 19:03:51 19,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Neither of those things are spoilers. Stop making me use my mouse to read your post, or I just won't.

/puts foot down
  • Captain_Peach 5 Aug 2010 19:06:17 2,852 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry
  • LionheartDJH 5 Aug 2010 19:07:22 19,462 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Neither of those things are spoilers. Stop making me use my mouse to read your post, or I just won't.

/puts foot down

Fine don't read my post then. I hate you ProfessorLesser!

• GuiltySpark 5 Aug 2010 19:14:57 6,387 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Am I the only person who continuously highlights text all over the place when they're reading then?

Eek.

Get bent.

• LionheartDJH 5 Aug 2010 19:15:37 19,462 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No I occasionally do that, usually on Wikipedia. Seem to have stopped doing it of late though.

• ProfessorLesser 5 Aug 2010 19:31:47 19,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I tried doing that for a while when I was reading for finals, in the hope that it was the one thing I'd been missing all my life to allow the passage of information into my brain, but quickly found this was not the case and went back to blinking boss-eyedly until I'd had enough and that the paper was probably shit anyway.
  • GuiltySpark 5 Aug 2010 19:34:17 6,387 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    I tried doing that for a while when I was reading for finals, in the hope that it was the one thing I'd been missing all my life to allow the passage of information into my brain, but quickly found this was not the case and went back to blinking boss-eyedly until I'd had enough and that the paper was probably shit anyway.

It's not like a conscious thing, I just do it and don't generally realise I'm doing it. I was only aware of it really when my girlfriend was reading the same screen as me and started shouting at me for it.

I've just done it twice reading back what I wrote, fuck ha.

Get bent.

• Hantheman 5 Aug 2010 19:56:01 540 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Am I the only person who continuously highlights text all over the place when they're reading then?

Eek.

I do it all the time.
  • DFawkes 5 Aug 2010 20:02:23 22,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do highlight reading, yet I only discovered it when I was thinking "What a weirdo!" then found the description of what I was mocking was all highlighted. I don't have a clue how long I've been doing this!

On topic, I really hope they pick up some of the plot threads from the first one. They weren't unresolved as such, I'd just love to see where they go with them, such as the Spirit of Arkham. Could even tie in to the creation of this district in the first place.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• macksed 5 Aug 2010 20:18:33 3,798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:

:o this would make this game perfect! I played through the PS2 splinter cells split screen, forming some of my fondest gaming memories. Although I'm not sure how well that'd work with two such different characters, especially if one is really only playable much in the 2 player...
    ...still want it though =D
  • macksed 5 Aug 2010 21:41:51 3,798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ...Arkham City, the new maximum security 'home' for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds."

As expected, the sequel's set inside the now "heavily fortified" walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City,
    ..there you go, from CVG
  • Deleted user 5 August 2010 22:31:38
    Hantheman wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:

Eek.

I do it all the time.

I do this. I don't know why. I think it must be an ADD thing.
  • Page

of 81 First / Last