Batman: Arkham City Page 81

• Page

of 81 First / Last

• caligari 2 Dec 2013 11:28:53 17,270 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Err - I'm currently playing through the GOTY version of Arkham City on my PC (in the hope that the newer GFWL-less version will not corrupt my save).

I can see that Harley Quinn's Revenge is available from the menu - but I'm pretty sure that the game itself is the vanilla version - even though my Steam library states otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that I remember the 360 GOTY version starting with you taking control of Cat Woman, right? This definitely wasn't the case with my PC play-through.

Are there major differences between the PC and console versions?
  • Widge Moderator 6 Apr 2014 09:15:28 13,832 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just booted this up to play. Forget just how striking the Batman games look.
  • Kostabi 6 Apr 2014 10:05:08 5,582 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If I remember right everyone with Batman games got upgraded to the GOTY on Steam when they patched out GFWL. The downside is that it's a separate install. There is a way to transfer your save across I just can't remember how, sorry.
  • Vice.Destroyer 23 Aug 2015 18:16:45 6,336 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished Arkham Knight. And now inspired to max Arkham City!
  • ecu 23 Aug 2015 18:42:41 78,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been through Arkham City again recently. After Arkham Knight I've done a full playthrough of all the them, in order. City really is excellent, it may well be my favourite one. I enjoyed it more the second time through. I haven't been going for the achievements, just to complete all the story and riddler trophies. The achievement list looks hard and I don't think I'll ever be good enough to get them all so I haven't bothered.
  • JoeBlade 23 Aug 2015 19:54:14 3,066 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Arkham City is one of those games I keep restarting every now and again but I never got past the 10% point or so in. Asylum however I finished on my first go.

I think it's because the open world stuff is carried almost exclusively by the combat and that aspect, while excellent, becomes too monotonous after a while for my tastes. I supposed it also lost its novelty before I even started on the game considering it's a sequel.

Shame, because I can definitely see this is a great game.
  • Vice.Destroyer 26 Aug 2015 23:35:51 6,336 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really miss the ability to take screenshots on the last gen consoles. I am racing ahead with my game, and now have 431/440 Riddler challenges. All the ones that are left are physical challenges, including:
    Glide continuously for 150m. Current best: 123.2m
    Perform a vertical dive for 50m. Current best: 43.3m
    Glide for 30m while less than 5m above water. Current best: 29.8m!!!

But it certainly feels much more doable than it did in 2011, when I last played it.
  • ecu 27 Aug 2015 00:23:42 78,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All the physical challenges are super easy imo. I got most of them through normal gameplay, except one where you had to jump from one enemy to another. You should get the 30m while gliding above water during one of the AR challenges.
  • Vice.Destroyer 27 Aug 2015 10:21:17 6,336 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am currently struggling with the last 4 advanced AR challenges! Jesus Christ. I finished my New Game Plus last night and am amused at the huge gap in time between achievements dates.

Edited by Vice.Destroyer at 10:21:43 27-08-2015
  • Vice.Destroyer 30 Aug 2015 23:21:44 6,336 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What a glorious day. Finally managed to get the advanced AR challenge 1 done. This took probably 2 weeks of practice and I managed to get it done twice today. Once for my Original and the New Game+ game save.
    Just in case you have forgotten which one that is :)

Then also got all of the physical challenges. One took much much longer, (zipline towards someone and then do a takedown) because I was using the wrong button D'Oh! But all the Sidemissions on both gamesaves (normal and Game+) are at 100%. Same with the story mode. Which means that all my Upgrades and Collectibles are sitting at 100%

Now working on Riddler's Revenge
    Ranked Medals: 60/72
    Campaign models: 8/108

The next two weeks will be a little busy

Edited by Vice.Destroyer at 23:23:24 30-08-2015
  • Vice.Destroyer 1 Sep 2015 01:25:50 6,336 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should be in bed, instead I am rattling off the Ranked Medals (as Batman) in the Riddler's Revenge. All 72 done. Tomorrow I will make a start on the Campaign medals.
  • Page

of 81 First / Last