Any NFL fans? Page 19

• Page

of 35 First / Last

• Tryhard 28 Nov 2012 13:53:05 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't know, watching running backs run through your d'line and backers like they were not there,to be tackled by Ed Reed who cannot wrap up due to shoulder problems happened waaaay to much when Ray was in there.

Suggs return, even at 70-80% normality seems to have shored things up.Much more pressure on QB's.Giving average DB's a better chance with keeping with a receiver.

Flacco is a hot and cold QB,thankfully he is better than Boller was by a mile.But their is something about him in the pocket,he does not hold that presence that great QB's do.
  • ronuds 28 Nov 2012 13:58:30 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, but in the end they aren't giving up many pts., which is what matters. They have had a bad game here and there - like the one against Dallas - but overall I've been impressed at how well they've done considering their injuries.

Flacco wants to be elite, but he's not even close, imo. Like you say, he doesn't have the presence of guys like Brady and Manning. You just feel like he could collapse at any moment. One good thing is that he doesn't give the ball away too much, so he'll always give you a chance.

Boller? Seems like a hundred years ago! Great arm, but I can't remember much else about him.
  • Tryhard 28 Nov 2012 16:08:26 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Billick fell in love with Boller when he fell on his knees and threw the ball through the goal posts from the 50 yard line at Cali'.[Boller was good at falling to his knees as a Raven when his right foot would trip over his left].Ozzie wanted Byron Leftwich,which fell though because of a draft day blunder.

I wanted Leftwich after seeing him injured at Marshall and his O'linemen had to lift him and carry him to the next spot of the ball lol.Leftwich had a too big and a slow wind up for throwing the ball for the NFL though.
  • BillMurray 3 Dec 2012 01:50:01 7,621 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Eagles looking really positive in this game again at the Cowboys, and just as I type that a touchdown is scored! Promising first quarter.
  • Tryhard 5 Dec 2012 12:57:22 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Ravens lose to a third string QB and at M&T,how can this happen?Charlie Batch has probably spent most of the season throwing the ball to the coaches kids.

:-P
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 15:03:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Batch has always done well as the backup. Remember a couple years ago when Big Ben was suspended (or was it an injury?) for 4 games - Batch was 3-1.

I love his old-fashioned helmet, too.
  • Tryhard 13 Dec 2012 21:39:24 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I just watched A Football Life on NFL network about Marcus Allen,one of my all time fav runningbacks along with Walter Payton.So I thought I'd tweet the man himself saying how much I enjoyed seeming him in action action again,and if Payton was sweetness then he was smoothness.

And I got an instant reply.

Marcus Allen ‏@MarcusAllenHOF
    @UMPalot46. First time I ever heard that one :-)
  • Gruff 13 Dec 2012 21:45:22 2,841 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's awesome dude

American sports stars and teams seem to be a lot more accessible.

I have had many replies from Browns players, especially when I was mad keen in my younger years, maybe the Browns were thankful of the attention :)

Browns are on a 3 game win streak BTW (soon to end as we are playing the Redskins this week)

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• ronuds 13 Dec 2012 21:50:33 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's pretty cool! I've gotta get myself one of these twitter accounts. Jets players probably don't want to hear what I have to say about them, though. :p

Go Browns! Maybe no RGIII... we can hope.
  • Tryhard 13 Dec 2012 22:05:03 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I had a reply from Ray Lewis once,he was pleased he had a fan far away in New England.I had to set him straight that it was across the pond England.

Well it certainly made my night,watching ol' 32's moves then hearing from him. :-P
  • ronuds 13 Dec 2012 22:21:30 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New England's only a couple hour drive - hardly that far from him! :D

He rules, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  • Tryhard 19 Dec 2012 13:13:40 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The NFC East is looking like a nail biter with three teams at 8-6.

My Ravens are in a world of hurt right now with injuries.
  • Tryhard 20 Dec 2012 14:05:17 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    To go from watching the amazing SNF game 49ers v PAT's to watching the MNF game with the Jets v Titans is quite a shock to the football senses.

Loved watching Rex walking across the field after the fumbled snap to muttering to himself,"F**king unbelievable."

Quite right Rex,Sanchez is.
  • ronuds 21 Dec 2012 15:04:57 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the Jets offense is deplorable. I was happy to see them eliminated, because I couldn't watch that embarrassment for another week.

Sanchez just never made the jump from rookie to veteran - it's the same mistakes week after week after week. A lot of that is probably down to their coaching.

The Ravens are blowing it, though. Flacco wants to be known as elite, but he's been playing like dog shit recently!
  • ronuds 4 Jan 2013 20:13:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NFL news for today: Andy Reid is the new coach of the Chiefs! I guess he didn't want to go anywhere where there'd be high expectations.

This weekend's games should be good stuff. I can't wait for the Seattle/Washington game!
  • Tryhard 5 Jan 2013 11:24:52 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There are some great match ups this weekend.And I would not like to throw any money on anyone.They are all too close to call.Who would have thought so many rookie QB's would lead their teams to the playoffs?It is a breath of fresh air,and what the NFL needed.

As I have Gamepass and not Sky Sports,I probably have my games blacked out for 24 hours before I can watch them.So I go into NFL news hiding.Which is better than before,as they used to cut off Gamepass after the last week of the regular season.

Andy Reid should enjoy less pressure and more control in Kansas City.If Eagle fans can boo Santa what chance has anybody got?
  • fletch7100 5 Jan 2013 12:08:59 6,981 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Off topic from current day NFL matches :). Have been studying up on strength training and came across these articles about Mike Webster. He was a four times winning Superbowl Champion with the Steelers for those that don't know the name

http://zacheven-esh.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/reflections_iron_webster1.pdf

http://startingstrength.com/articles/quotes_mike_webster.pdf

Quite a sad story in the end

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1972285

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/11/16/nfl-concussions-retirement-board-mike-webster_n_2146535.html
  • Tryhard 5 Jan 2013 14:12:27 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Most of the old era NFL players are in bad shape mentally and/or physically.

And to all those who wonder why American Football players started wearing helmets etc.

Football was almost banned in 1906 after a dozen and a half deaths (and many more serious injuries), but President Theodore Roosevelt saved the game by convincing college representatives to initiate stricter rules to make the game less brutal and dangerous.
  • ecureuil 13 Jan 2013 04:21:43 76,520 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been watching Packers-49ers in a bar in Wisconsin. The atmosphere was amazing but it declined when SF went 31-24 up. We left at that point, I was with a Bears fan who was quite enjoying it, but I'm glad we didn't stick around!
  • Kostabi 20 Jan 2013 20:25:55 4,877 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Security guard goes boom!

I shouldn't laugh but that dude got nailed.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 20 Jan 2013 23:02:36 25,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Woooo, go Niners!

Good to see them back.

Now just need the Ravens to turnover the sodding Patriots and I'll be happy.

Would be a bit more of a good old defensive Superbowl as well, to stick one up that tosser, Goodell.
  • Kostabi 20 Jan 2013 23:11:35 4,877 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Enjoyed that as a lapsed Niners fan, first game I've watched all the way through for a couple of seasons.

I had forgotten how poor the Sky Sports interludes were though.
  • king26 20 Jan 2013 23:23:37 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shit boring sport!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 20 Jan 2013 23:25:05 25,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Insightful.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 21 Jan 2013 02:45:54 25,425 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Success \o/
  • Tryhard 28 Jan 2013 07:24:42 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having Gamepass blacked out for 24 hours for sky games mean't that I had to go into NFL news hiding as usual, until I watched the Championship games.Received an email from a fellow Raven fan entitled,"What now?"

I did not read the email as I was pissed he had let on what had happened,and assumed we lost.So put off watching the game till last Friday.Watched it, expecting doom and gloom.And the Ravens won.Mind totally screwed what with one thing and another.A Harbaugh Superbowl.
  • ronuds 28 Jan 2013 15:28:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the Ravens killed 'em. I was pretty happy!

I hope they win the SB, too. I'm not a big fan of Jim Harbaugh, tbh.
  • oldschoolsoviet 3 Feb 2013 11:11:08 5,457 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Booze ? Check.

Snacks ? Check.

Off work Mon ? Check.

Roll on 23:30.

/checks halftime show........

Beyoncé

Fuck.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 11:12:30
    Boo. B rocks.

Go 49ers!!

Doubt I have the power to stay up though. Might make it to half time.
  • Tryhard 3 Feb 2013 12:01:56 3,700 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are my Ravens the team of Destiny? We shall soon find out.

No Manning,Ratburger,or Brady in the Superbowl makes a nice change.
  • Page

of 35 First / Last